Everything posted by Bladewing
-
Dragon Plate vs Bandos Plate
The only arguments for dragon/torso I'm seeing are looks and some irrational notion of limited wealth. You can always get more money in runescape. +6 strength is better than +0 strength. Also bandos has prayer, which makes it even better than dragon or torso.
-
Whip Drop Rates
A dry streak doesn't mean your luck is bad. Say I do 100 abyssal demon tasks. You have almost a 40% chance of going 10 tasks or more dry.
- Why can't F2P have...?
-
thieves guild advice
300k/h is faster, but it's more effort than PPing.
-
favorite comercials?
Slapchop (This actually used as a commercial.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA Oh and the KISS Dr. Pepper commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8uiyAjIzdc
-
3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion
Yup, partyhats will be traded for other partyhats I guess. Purple is ~600m or now something. I guess this means an even stronger partyhat buyout.
-
marijuana legalization - thoughts?
This is a gem. Let's make murder, rape, and arson legal - there'd be less crime. I'm for legalization and quality regulation similar to other drugs. Tobacco taxes based on health costs can apply here too.
-
too many appeals.
This is a rant. You clearly cannot responsibly use the privilege to chat with players. Your posts in this thread are appalling to say the least. I think I share sentiments with the majority of people who will read this post when I say that you are not welcome here. -- We all play/have played runescape. You can drop the "lolnerd" charade now.
-
Redeem-Code
Supposedly you'll get a code for attending runefest and you can redeem that for an in game item which is presumably decorative only and untradeable.
-
Onyx Street Price?
In 22 hours I could make 70m+ at tormented demons. An onyx is easily worth 30m to me. To poorer players, 20m, is still reasonable.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Hmm I got about 500 tokens in 4 hours, so... 20+ hours? Not unreasonable.
-
Onyx Street Price?
Hmm I think it's under 50m, but I could be wrong. Yes you can buy onyx. It costs 2.7m tokkul. This takes a maxed player 22+ hours using the fastest method (turmoil, extremes, steel titan).
-
The 99'S Blues
Train skills you like, and pay no attention to capes or what people think about skills. If you love magic, go train it; if you love runecrafting, go train it. I like combats and I continue to train them past 99. I also plan to get more herblore xp whenever I can afford it :-\.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Although that is more evidence than anyone else has shown and the best estimate I've seen, the margin of error on that is huge (±1280). You need to have at least 20 observations to draw any conclusions, too. 1/300 is absolutely wrong. Just based on that data, forgoing the 20 observations requirement, I can say with 95% certainty that anything more common than 1/450 is wrong.
-
Whip Drop Rates
I'm going to assume you use Duradel since you aren't in Kuradal's cave. 17 tasks at a 165 average would be 2800 kills. In 2800 kills, the odds of getting n whips is: 0 whips - 0.2% 1 whips - 1.2% 2 whips - 3.8% 3 whips - 8.0% 4 whips - 12.4% 5 whips - 15.4% 6 whips - 16.0% (expected number) 7+ whips - 43.0% You are only among the 13.2% most unlucky. One in eight players will be as unlucky as you.
-
Fishing Monkfish
Barbarian can be up to 70k/h at 99 depending on how you dispose of the fish you catch. Monkfish can be 35k xp/h and about 200k gp/h at 99.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Isn't 100% of waters saved still better than 65%?
-
Slayin' Styles
Extremes, sometimes overloads. Cannon. Steel Titan. Turmoil. I guess that's powerslaying - I just like going fast. :^_^: Doesn't require constant attention, since I mostly skip the tasks that require it (fire giants, dust devils, bloodvelds, etc.) now that I'm 99 slayer.
- Shahdie Gives Back: Spring Edition - NOW OVER!
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
9001 is a pretty cool number eh is over 9000 and doesn't afraid of the scouter.
-
Chinning nechryaels help?
Yup I've tested it too and void gives better xp.
-
Bursting lobs
I'd recommend battle robes. If you don't want to use them, then my only recommendation is to swap Ahrim's hood for a Mitre - sacrifice of 2 magic attack for 5 prayer bonus. From what I've been told extremes only affect the lobster you are targetting, which would make them not worthwhile.
-
getting bananas
I'd just supercompost and not pay. The seed is very cheap compared to the bananas. Plus you'll be able to grow pineapples in no time anyway. If you insist bones to bananas is better I think.
-
Nature Staff + Law Staff are scams.
In addition to OTM's post: Assuming you can get 4k points/hour or 500k gp/hour: Nature staff is worth getting if you plan to get 40.6m magic xp by alching. Nature staff is worth getting if you plan to get 10.7m magic xp by superheating. Assuming you can get 4k points/hour or 3m gp/hour: Nature staff is worth getting if you plan to get 243m magic xp by alching (lol) Nature staff is worth getting if you plan to get 64.3m magic xp by superheating. For the majority of casual players, the staff is not worth it.
-
Four questions about...
If I could only have one herb patch it'd be Trollheim. The patch never dies, so you get more yield on average. Bad luck with the herbs. Use Trolheim to bring down your death ratio! Not sure about stacking with 99 fishing, but it can't hurt and gives a large amount of free sharks and swordfish. Of course nothing huge to give up for a pet, so no worries if you want to grow your pet either.