Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bladewing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bladewing

  1. You can just sell your rare on the grand exchange then. No one is forcing you to accumulate junk.
  2. 118+120 = 238 193+120 = 313
  3. How do you wear a godsword and a shield? And you did your math wrong, that adds up to 58.
  4. Helm: Mitre, +5 Cape: Soulwars, +12 Amulet: Stole, +10 Weapon: Void Mace/Crozier, +6 Shield: Falador 3, +7 Body: Proselyte, +8 Legs: Proselyte, +5 Gloves: White, +1 Boots: White/Bandos, +1 Ring: Explorers, +1 Total: +56
  5. I did not inflate anything. You simply forgot to include ranging level.
  6. You can kill ice wyrms without a fire cape. You just have to use a cannon.
  7. Ranting - Why should people care? Same answer applies.
  8. Well that would require knowing the defence level of a blue dragon. We know it is at least 66, but I estimate its defence at closer to 100 (conservatice). Let's start with some basic assumptions. Using top gear with rune darts, one would have +118 range accuracy from equipment. Assuming the player is potted to at least 120/99 ranging, the total accuracy bonus with darts is +238. Then, applying the 15% accuracy bonus from the focus sight and the 15% accuracy bonus from eagle eye, we have 314.7 accuracy. Since the damage range of rune darts ranges from 5 to 25, and since empirical evidence shows that damage distribution is even, the average hit with a rune dart would deal 15 damage. Using top gear with rune crossbow, one would have +193 range accuracy from equipment. Assuming the player is potted to at least 120/99 ranging, the total accuracy bonus with darts is +313. Then, applying the 15% accuracy bonus from the focus sight and the 15% accuracy bonus from eagle eye, we have 413.9 accuracy. Since the damage range of broad bolts ranges from 5 to 47, and since empirical evidence shows that damage distribution is even, the average hit with a broad bolt would deal 26 damage. The odds of rolling higher than a blue dragon, with a max roll of 100, with accuracy of 314.7 is: 68% The odds of rolling higher than a blue dragon, with a max roll of 100, with accuracy of 413.9 is: 75% Therefore, the average hit of a rune dart is: 10.2, doubled is 20.4 Therefore, the average hit of a broad bolt is: 19.5 Rune darts have a higher damage output, and since their hits are smaller and more frequent, the amount of "wasted damage" is also less, speeding up your kills even more. If you're interested, the defence level at which broad bolts become better in Kuradal's dungeon is 728.
  9. "I can only access the internet for 15 minutes a day!" - Okay, we'll remove skill requirements. "I have a laggy connection!" - Okay, we'll ,remove the fire cape requirement. "I can't pay for membership!" - Okay, we'll make everything free to play. I think it's equally absurd.
  10. With extremes, turmoil, and a steel titan it is quite possible if you don't bank charms. I value my time at between 2 and 3 million gold per hour, so I'd still say it has a way to rise before I'll grind out my own furies.
  11. Yup, but a player who can get 150k tokkul an hour would have to spend 18 hours to get it themselves. Since their time is easily worth over 1m an hour, I foresee furies and onyxes rising a lot more.
  12. Because you used to be able to trade at the true value. There is a price ceiling due to the grand exchange's slow updates.
  13. The "street" price is far above what the exchange will settle at. Junk is not "worthless", it sells eventually. If Jagex set Green Partyhats at 550m, they would crash from that price. And anyway, since some people are willing to go through the hoops it means they get the hat. Want one yourself? Compete or quit complaining. It's how a market works.
  14. Assuming you're 99s across the board, your opponent would need 33 attack and 66 defence. This is really simple math though, one would think one would be able to do the calculations themself? :rolleyes:
  15. People are willing to do that to get these items, so clearly it makes sense. The fundamental problem is the Grand Exchange severely undervalues them. You can sell third age on the Grand Exchange, but several piece have high street values, most notably the melee armor. The harder it is to get an item, the more people want it, truth be told. Eventually the grand exchange prices will rise to the point at which partyhats are actually valued, perhaps excluding blue, crackers, and wines.
  16. +6 magic attack, +6 prayer, as well as better defensive stats.
  17. If you're using SOL, use Ardougne 3 cape.
  18. I don't see how you could possible get those figures, you didn't show your math, and as far as I could tell, you miscalculated... everything. 50 / 150 = 66.66% repeating, of course! 50 / 100 = 50%. Okay, I'll show my math. Starting with the 150 attack, 50 defence scenario: The monster has a 2% chance of rolling each number 1 through 50. If he rolls a 50, the player will roll higher 100 out of 150 times. So the odds of him beating the dragon is 100/150. If the dragon rolls 49, the player will roll higher 101 out of 150 times. So the odds of him beating the dragon is 101/150. If the dragon rolls x, the player will roll higher (150-x) out of 150 times. So the odds of him beating the dragon is (150-x)/150. We integrate (150-x)/150 with respect to x from 0 to 50. We must evaluate the antiderivative, (x - x^2/300) from 0 to 50, which yields 41.667. We now must divide by 50, for each of the 50 possible rolls of the dragon, yielding 0.8333 - an 83.3% chance of hitting. Now the 100 attack, 50 defence scenario: The monster has a 2% chance of rolling each number 1 through 50. If he rolls a 50, the player will roll higher 50 out of 100 times. So the odds of him beating the dragon is 50/100. If the dragon rolls 49, the player will roll higher 51 out of 100 times. So the odds of him beating the dragon is 51/100. If the dragon rolls x, the player will roll higher (100-x) out of 100 times. So the odds of him beating the dragon is (100-x)/100. We integrate (100-x)/100 with respect to x from 0 to 50. We must evaluate the antiderivative, (x - x^2/200) from 0 to 50, which yields 37.5. We now must divide by 50, for each of the 50 possible rolls of the dragon, yielding 0.75 - a 75% chance of hitting.
  19. #3, now I just have to get one from irons, wyverns, and KBD :^_^:
  20. Skip - better to miss out on charms than waste your time because of some ideological problem with increasing your combat abilities.
  21. Okay I'm gonna try to respond to a few of your posts at once. I recommend you read the thread again. Yup, when I registered for RuneScape, Jagex handed me a level 137 account; I had no time for being a mid-leveled player. I was a mid leveled player once, but for the most part I had the common sense and critical thinking skills to realize that if a player had a way to make millions of gold quickly, he wouldn't be telling me how. When a manipulation clan advertises, one should think that the same principle applies. No, neither coins nor items are generated. The items are simply traded at a higher value. Let's go back to World 2, Falador for a minute. I'm trying to buy lobsters to go kill some moss giants. But no one is selling! :( I guess I'll go fish some lobsters myself, then. This is what I'm suggesting. A manipulation clan bought out prayer potions? Yeah, it's a [bleep], but go kill chaos druids or aberrant spectres for half an hour and make your own potions. When they have dumped, you can buy them again as per usual. Title was referencing the oft-heard rant by the ill-informed. Although manipulation clans operate fundamentally on dumping on the unintelligent poor, which most consider to be scamming, the topic of interest here is whether they damage the economy. Though I do not support manipulators, that is another rant for another time. I know, and I believe most do as well, the difference between a buyout clan and a flip merchant. But, more on topic, false demand: You are correct when you say manipulators create a false demand. You are also correct that the Grand Exchange is very poor at reacting to such (I have several potential fixes for this in mind, but these are extraneous to the topic at hand). However, this false demand is temporary. After a few days, the clan dumps their stock, creating a false supply, as it were. Eventually this evens out and after a couple days the market is back to normal. Manipulation clans have no long term effect on the economy. You also should read the damned thread. Yes I agree that the way these clans work is fundamentally scamming. But that is not the topic here. Banning players would not be nearly as effective as altering the Grand Exchange to prevent this sort of a buyout. Lastly they do not affect supply, they increase demand. This creates a shortage, which normally causes an upward pressure on prices, but the Grand Exchange is too slow at adjusting. If the Exchange updated prices 10 times per day, the buyouts would be steeper but would last only several hours instead of several days.
  22. May as well just wear rune armor with that mentality. It's not easy to die at Bandos.
  23. That's not how accuracy works. If your attack is 150 and the monster's defence is 50, the odds of you "rolling" higher than the monster is 83.33%. If your attack is 100 and the monster's defence is 50, the odds of you "rolling" higher than the monster is 75%. So even though you have 33.3% less attack, you're only hitting 10% less often. Hellhounds, Greaters, Blue Dragons, and Gargoyles all have pitiful defence to the point where darts are truly superior. For Abyssal Demons, Dark Beasts, and Irons/Steels, I believe the Rune Crossbow would have higher damage output.
  24. Except that thousands more people play PvP daily than ever played Gnome Restaurant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.