Everything posted by l0rd
-
Your top ten favorite holidays
1 - 10 = NONE well, I guess if I had to choose it would be April-fools day or Rosh Hashanah
-
Who wants to live forever?
Uh, your not really getting the picture. First off, the definition of world is Earth, or another place in which all that is common is pertained to. Second, the whole idea of "staying 30 for the rest of forever" is not to mean that you forever relive one day for the rest of your life. It simply means your body forever stay as it is as a 30 year old. You seem to be trying to disprove almost the enjoyability of living forever by using strict examples of possibilities that are even more farfeched than the idea of living forever. I'd definitely tell any people I had relationships with that I was immortal before they would have to notice. Also living forever is living forever, meaning you wouldn't be vaporized by nuclear warheads etc. Either that or your particles would still have a collective living. The question was not: "Who wants to live forever (with the exception of decapitation and vaporization)"
-
Hairstyles for a 12 year old boy?
If you dressed that dude in womens clothing and grew out his hair....he would look 100% like a female. I don't get why girls are obsessed with that super-clean feminine face thing that so many male stars have.
-
Who wants to live forever?
Given an infinite amount of time, in the forever future of your life anything that can happen will already have happened in some point in your life, for if a physical process has even the smallest of probability then then in an infinite amount of time, the process must occur. So you will witness everything probable. Also, No_99, of course humanity will end, that's as obvious as the ground being hard. Also, a human brain does not have the ability to store an infinite amount of knowledge, it would eventually get filled. Its not a magic never-ending library.
-
Who wants to live forever?
Hmm, forever? No Until the end of life on earth or accessible life in other places? Yes If you lived forever, you would be forever floating in space, after everything is gone and everyone is dead.
-
Is God real post your thoughts!
Sooo... Where did the electrons come from that caused it? The likeliness of an electron appearing out of thin air is about the same as a discussion about God not being an argument. Good argument, and a common one. This calls for another copy & paste from a physics website:
-
Is God real post your thoughts!
If you're really aware of the problem at least try and avoid it. Every time you make a post like that on this thread it looks like a call for help asking people to like you or think you're cool. For your own sake, really, stop it. Why stop if it works? Obviously you're giving him the time of day to try to help him with one of his problems.
-
Is God real post your thoughts!
Can't explain it so technically, so found this from a physics educational website:
-
Is God real post your thoughts!
I happen to be an Atheist also, but all of your arguments against theism are totally baseless and mostly untrue. Do you honestly believe that people fabricated the idea of god to "control people, gain money and political power"? Since the dawn of mankind people have pondered and believed in the idea of a Deity in one way or another, before politics, common-currency and propaganda existed. If your speaking specifically towards the Abrahimic god, please enlighten me on how one could go about creating such a philosophy and go about at profiting at it when there is no charge or payment of any kind. Also, at the birth of, and still, there is no political mass which can call itself ruling power of any of the Abrahimic religions, so I don't see who would be gaining political power or controlling people by a creation of a truly sincere philosophy. As for your argument as to "why do humans sin if god created them". Well, there can be many interpretations of this depending on the point of view. In this case I will the view of the believers in the validity of the Old Testament, specifically Genesis. According to Genesis, god first held Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, where they were constantly supervised and talked to by God. Eve then ate from the Tree of Knowledge Good and Evil (if i remember correctly), being the first sin of humanity. They were then kicked out of the garden, still retaining the power in which the fruit provided them - true free will - as well as the different relationship to god. My interpretation, and a common one, is that God had originally intended for Adam and Eve to eat the apple, and didn't want them to always be watched over. He wanted them, and their fellow humans, to be the rulers of the earth, comparably as he is the to the universe. He gave them the privilege to sin or do good, because of their ability to distinguish the good from the bad. [hide=Side note]I'm starting to tire of all the encounters I have with "Atheists", mostly on the internet. It seems as though there are an increasing number of younger Atheists, around teenager age, that state that they are an "Atheist", and like the idea of being an "Atheist" yet don't really know why or what their motives are for being such - this is the very reason I use quotation marks. What I believe is that rebellious teens/tweens take it as a way of not-conforming which is totally the coolest thing to do, especially in such profound areas such as religion and theism. This isn't only true for Atheism, but for other things, and for other motives. Where people really don't know their true reasons for belonging in a certain group or having a certain philosophy. I don't want to only single out the younger of us, as I know many young people have the capability to have real objective opinions.[/hide]
-
Thanks to Grave System
Wow! You're so interesting! Tell us more personalized stories which happen to almost every player on Runescape!
-
How do you get 'unsick'?
That was so disgustingly unfunny that I lol'd
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
Well, first, not to nitpick but you'd "capitalise" something.. Here's a typical article using the words 'evolution' and 'creation', I hope it clarifies something. After all we're not here to make some dumb grammar-nazi fight over punctuation and grammar.. You can learn new stuff on forums too http://news.scotsman.com/world/Can-evol ... 4777177.jp As said, concepts are not capitalised. Someone might argue 'God' is only a concept too, but generally it's always capitalised (whereas 'gods' or 'godly' are not). God is a deity, an individual supernatural being, the concept for this deity would be theism. That's not really on topic and one could of course disagree. But anyways, as you said grammar rules can be interesting sometimes (don't like school). Bringing this out to the main topic of this thread, this just goes to show that most people are indirectly still studying their primary language - its so complex.
-
shoppin at a special place
+ prostitutes, dry ice, legal hallucinogens, and pseudoephedrine (in some states). lol
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
Tip It or Tip.it are both acceptable, but Tip it, no way. Only because the .it Italian domain has spread out to Tip It. But Global Warming is talked about as the variety popularised by Al Gore most of the time, and so I see no reason it shouldn't be capitalised. Global Warming suggests human involvement on high levels, and is not a universally recognized phenomena. Neither is Evolution, or Creation. You don't generalise concepts that have heavy oppositions. I also capatalise Gay Marriage, the Death Penalty, Partial-Birth Abortion, etc. The two words global and warming in succession does not have any heavy opposition, it is the concept embedded into it that gets people - whether or not we caused it; I don't want to get into a debate about something so irrelevant. So I guess according to you, depending on the context of the phrase, it is sometimes capitalized. Regardless, I still have never heard of something being capitalized because there is "heavy opposition" against it, direct me to the committee that judges whether or not something has enough of this "opposition" to become a proper noun.
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
Uh.. Global warming has absolutely nothing to do with Al Gore, besides him making people more aware of the phenomena. It has been happening for over a hundred years. http://ipcc-wg1.ucar.edu/wg1/Report/AR4 ... nt_SPM.pdf It's not his idea or even really a concept, it's an ongoing process in nature which in modern ages is partially affected by humans and industrial pollution they create. Global warming is a phrase defined exactly by the words in which make it up, I believe that is what separates it from a "invented" or trademarked idea. For example, El Niño is another weather phenomenon but given a non-apparent name probably chosen by its' founder. e.g: If I discovered that bananas are getting sweeter all over the world, and I decided to make it public and referred to this phenomenon as "banana sweetness gain" it wouldn't automatically turn that phrase into a proper noun.
-
The bible
Debate in this thread is pointless, a belief so important to most people is too embedded into them. I'm an Atheist, but to me it seems pointless to try to persuade someone to believe that there is no god. When it comes down to it, facts just don't get across and it just brings out the worst in people when such conflicts occur.
-
shoppin at a special place
Please tell me that's sarcasm.
-
How do you get 'unsick'?
Echinachea, vitamin C, and sweating for a cold + if you like spicy things like cayyene pepper eat a bunch of them. Whenever I have like a really bad cold I eat so much peppers/pepper-powder, most people would think I have a problem. Actually I do that all the time, peppers are just one of mah favorite foods.
-
Fooman's Blog
Pretteh nice new setup & lol lightscribe. I've had the same comp since 05, still works fine. (+ laptop) Do you actually need all that video memory tho? o and mewants to come to levelup, don't w8 for me or anything tho.
-
I was burping intentionally for half an hour..?
fail meme reference, memes are fail, FAIL!
-
I was burping intentionally for half an hour..?
Get a prosthetic esophagus or kill yourself.
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
Quite a lot of errors for college Spanish :mrgreen: Like what? Pueda is correct, it's subjunctive. But yea, when I get tired I get soo bad at Spanish. Yo estoy(estaba) estudiando Español ahora, pero en la futura, yo deseo que yo(repeated subject) pueda(podera) hablar en Ingles. Español, Frances, Aleman, y Italiano. Yo estoy(estaba) en Español AP (el nivel de colegía), pero yo había tomado,no comma Español:no colon 1,2,3,4comma here y en el fin de año de escuela, yo espero que yo pueda(puedo) tomar Español en colegía. Pero, hoyword choice, literally means "today", Ingles ases memi linguageidioma mejor. First off, yea I know the last sentence is butchered, but I couldn't figure out how to say it. XD Also, those pueda shouldn't be puedo, becuase it's subjunctive. And it's estoy, because I AM studying spanish now, but in the future (subjunctive:) I wish that I could speak in.... I AM in Ap spanish, estaba is imperfecto, which is I was, a long time ago, (or recently for numerous times but not anymore) but stopped. Which isn't true, That's not the definition of imperfect, imperfect is an ongoing past action, making it the more correct. An imperfect in Spanish, unlike English, can be used for a current action which has been started in the past.
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
Quite a lot of errors for college Spanish :mrgreen: Like what? Pueda is correct, it's subjunctive. But yea, when I get tired I get soo bad at Spanish. Yo estoy(estaba) estudiando Español ahora, pero en la futura, yo deseo que yo(repeated subject) pueda(podera) hablar en Ingles. Español, Frances, Aleman, y Italiano. Yo estoy(estaba) en Español AP (el nivel de colegía), pero yo había tomado,no comma Español:no colon 1,2,3,4comma here y en el fin de año de escuela, yo espero que yo pueda(puedo) tomar Español en colegía. Pero, hoyword choice, literally means "today", Ingles ases memi linguageidioma mejor.
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
Quite a lot of errors for college Spanish :mrgreen:
-
What Languages Do You Speak And Are You Studying?
-English fluently -Can read and understand some Hebrew -Can speak Spanish 50% fluently