Your top ten favorite holidays

ixfd64

Since holiday season is coming up, I thought I'd post this question: what are your ten most favorite holidays, and why? (You may also mention other special occasions, such as your birthday or wedding anniversary.)

Here is my current list:

1. 4th of July - fireworks are one of my favorite hobbies. Even though lighting consumer fireworks is illegal where I live, there are some not-too-far cities where it's legal to do so.

2. New Year's Eve - since 2005, my family has had a party every year on New Year's Eve, and it has become a tradition.

3. Thanksgiving - my family has had a party (or gone to one) every year since 2004, possibly even earlier.

4. Chinese New Year - it's not as "hot" as the Gregorian New Year's Eve, but there is still a large chance of getting invited to a party since there are many Asian folks that live in my area. As you can probably tell by now, I'm a party animal! :P

5. Christmas - although I'm too old to be getting Christmas presents all the time, my family is often vacationing during Christmas. Thus, Christmas always reminds me of those great vacation memories.

5a. Honorable mention: my birthday - I'm a bit too old for birthday parties, but my parents will often take me out to a nice dinner! :)

6. New Year's Day - it's not as fun as New Year's Eve since most parties are on the night before, but the happy mood is still there. Plus, a new year is a chance to wish for peace and prosperity.

6a. Honorable mention: Black Friday - it technically isn't a holiday, but the Thanksgiving mood is still pretty strong.

7. Halloween - I'm too old to be "begging" for free candy, but my school often has fun events during the week of Halloween, such as dances and movie nights.

8. Valentine's Day - I see Valentine's Day as too commercialized, but for some odd reason, I find it fun to watch couples to see if they act differently on Valentine's Day. Oh, and I used to do drop parties on RuneScape every year on Valentine's Day, but the December 2007 updates have made them impossible.

9. Memorial Day - it's always nice to get an extra day of resting (and studying) right before finals.

10. Pi Day - I'm a math geek, just so you know. :)

10a. Honorable mention: April Fools' Day - yep, it's fun to see people fall for pranks - harmless ones, of course!

When I was much younger, I liked different holidays. Anyways, here were my top ten holidays when I was young.

1. Christmas - I used to get a lot of presents (mostly toys) every Christmas. Unfortunately, I'm too old for this now. :(

1a. Honorable mention: my birthday - I used to have a birthday party every year. Of course, that also meant I got a lot of gifts. However, I stopped having annual birthday celebrations after I turned 13 since I felt I was a bit too old for that stuff.

2. Halloween - when I was young, I always went trick-or-treating, which meant free candy. However, I stopped doing so after I turned 13 since I felt I was too old for it.

3. Easter - I used to like doing Easter egg hunts, which also meant free candy. Unfortunately, I'm too old for that as well. :(

4. Valentine's Day - I never really understood the romantic aspect of Valentine's Day, but my elementary school teachers often gave out free candy on that day.

5. Thanksgiving - we had a lot of parties back then, but not as much as we did now.

6. New Year's Day - it wasn't as fun as Christmas, but I liked the holiday mood.

7. 4th of July - I really loved the fireworks, although not as much as I do now.

8. Labor Day - it's another holiday that's often celebrated with fireworks.

9. St. Patrick's Day - it's a "kid" holiday, so I liked it.

10. New Year's Eve - I was a rather unsociable person back then, so I wasn't as interested in parties as I am now. Still, the countdowns were really fun.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

1)Chinese New Year-Free money,man.

2)Christmas-Free stuff,man.

3)Hari Raya (forgot which one,the one with...)-Free money,man.

4)Day after our National Day (so,10th August)-My birthday

5)Crimbo-Crimbo Duds,AND free stuff,man.

6)Deepavali-Not that I'm racist,but its one day the lower class Indian workers aren't being rowdy.

7)Mid Autumn Festival-I'm not religious,but I'm rather paranoid,its my sure-fire indication the seven month is over.

8)St Pat's-Excuse to get drunk,man.

9)Hallowe'en-Girls in skimpy costumes.Wait,should this be higher?

10)National Day-I think I ran out,but I like this too,excitement of "tomorrow I'm N years!" plus fireworks on tv,people doing drills you don't have to on tv,and the fanfare,oh my Omnipotent Being!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

9)Hallowe'en-Girls in skimpy costumes.Wait,should this be higher?

You never cease to crack me up dragoonsoon :lol:

Only 1, ah well

1. Portugal, October 2008

The weather couldn't of been better, 27 degrees centigrade for around a week and a half straight. The beaches were great, and the sea was warm <3: Calm back with a sweet tan aswell :lol:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I don't think we have that many holidays in Ireland. :lol:

1. Probably St Stephen's day (Boxing day in the UK) I always have a great time on the 26th of Dec each year.

2. Christmas, Nothing to special anymore. 8-)

3. St Patrick's Day (Not a kid's holiday here in Ireland :P ) Time to get absolutely Wasted. :lol:

4. New Years Eve, Always a good time.

5. Halloween, Fireworks Galore (They're supposed to be illegal here =D> )

6. My Birthday (Am running out of holidays/events)

Umm, I think that's it. No other special occasion's that I can rattle off from the top of my head. #-o

RIP Michaelangelopolous

There's only one festival I take (semi) seriously and that's Diwali cuz it's incorporated into my (parent's) religion. Quite like going to shows for bonfire night as well.

Though Christmas is nice when we go to a relatives to eat their lame intrepretation of a turkey.

New Year's Eve and Halloween is great when there's a party or something.

Valentine's day is kinda' mandatory when you're dating someone xD

That's about all I 'celebrate.'

Is celebrating taking in the religious aspect of it or just participating in the event?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

There's only one festival I take (semi) seriously and that's Diwali cuz it's incorporated into my (parent's) religion. Quite like going to shows for bonfire night as well.

Though Christmas is nice when we go to a relatives to eat their lame intrepretation of a turkey.

New Year's Eve and Halloween is great when there's a party or something.

Valentine's day is kinda' mandatory when you're dating someone xD

That's about all I 'celebrate.'

Is celebrating taking in the religious aspect of it or just participating in the event?

Hehe, just participating in most cases I'd say.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Whichever holidays give me the most days off from school.

10/10 is one of my favorites. I like being special.

October 25th, the Council of Elrond, is not a holiday, but I act like it is. Because I walk around all day muttering LotR quotes. Not like I don't do that every day...

Chinese New Year is obviously fun, lots of food (Beats Thanksgiving food to be honest) and red envelopes! My only source of income. ;)

Pi Day will never be the same after a tragic event happened last year on it, but yay math.

It's not a holiday, but the first weekend of February vacation (Feb 14-16 this year) is awesome, because that's when my youth group's retreat is.

I would say my birthday, but it's right before school starts so that sucks.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

October 25th, the Council of Elrond, is not a holiday, but I act like it is. Because I walk around all day muttering LotR quotes. Not like I don't do that every day...

Chinese New Year is obviously fun, lots of food (Beats Thanksgiving food to be honest) and red envelopes! My only source of income. ;)

In which case everyday is a holiday for me.I always have quotes ready.

Yeah,man.15 days of free money.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Yeah,man.15 days of free money.

Leave it to America to turn every holiday into food and money.

Oh wait.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

1) Christmas - Always loved this holidays, feeling a bit more festive this year. Outranks my birthday because everybody is/should be feeling awesome, rather than me feeling worried I'm exploiting people too much.

2) New Years Eve/New years Countdown - Always loved watching the clock go down, and the idea of staying up for the new year, and then going over and watching the fireworks at Sydney Harbour is pretty awesome. Should try to go down there maybe this year.

3) Birthday - The whole progressing further up the ladder still seems pretty cool at my age, + It's free stuff and cake. Delicious cake.

4) Easter - It's free chocolate for me, and that is awesome.

Dammit, running out of Holidays

5) Halloween - My mum insists on giving the trick or treaters candy. Given the fact that we get 3 trick or treaters at best per year, means I have extra candy in the aftermath.

6) Guy Fawkes day (5th of November) - It's different seeing everyone spouting the same old poetry rather than [bleep] jokes.

Bit of a stretch here but I do not care.

7) 16 August - When the Beatles final line up formed (Excellent band)

8) 18 June - Paul McCartneys Birthday (He is an excellent person with an excellent voice)

9) 25 February - George Harrison's Birthday (See above)

10) 7 July - Ringo Starr's birthday (He is a pretty cool guy, peace and love.)

Sorry for the not holidays but its all I could think of :P

Wth there's a Pi Day?

I don't think I know 10 holidays, but I like

1)

Actually never mind, I don't think I have a particular interest for holidays considering I don't do much for any.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

1. New Years Day

All I can think of.

We don't have a trillion-and-one holidays like you do in America.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Yeah we don't have that many holidays either. :P

Anyway, Christmas is definitely my favourite.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

1. Halloween, nothing beats the combination of Roman candle wars, drink and bonfires :lol:

2. St. Patricks day, it's obviously enough [bleep]ing huge in Ireland, it's like an Irish christmas 8-)

3. Christmas, I used to love it as it was always a huge family celebration where everyone gathered at my Grannys / Grandad's house but now it reminds me of the passing of my granny, something I'll never get over.

4. EoS weekend, stands for End of School. Not an official weekend, but it's an amazing weekend, just when we finish up for summer holidays.

That's about it IMO, nothing amazing about other holidays.

1. Kick a ginger day (sorry to you redheads)

I saw a video somewhere recently about that, I think it was at the gym on the news. Its one of the many cult following facebook holidays. Some kid in Canada got the crud bet out of him.

tFtfA.jpg

1. Kick a ginger day (sorry to you redheads)

I saw a video somewhere recently about that, I think it was at the gym on the news. Its one of the many cult following facebook holidays. Some kid in Canada got the crud bet out of him.

It was on a southpark episode and got on facebook mostly in Canada.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.