Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mischlings

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mischlings

  1. Because my entire point was that you based an argument on a logical fallacy. Therefore, anything you said about "providing updates proving it" was invalid and didn't contribute to your argument. You're missing something, because what you said wasn't even a response to an argument that I made. In addition, you used circular reasoning to defend your own position, then pull this argument that I supposedly made out of nowhere to say that I tried to use circular reasoning in an argument that I never made. I don't see any proof of anything there. And yes, I did get a little immature in the last post, I'm just at wit's end. And "The old TIF"? -- get over yourself. I'm not saying that you're wrong -- I'm saying that you can't automatically assume you're right.
  2. Regular content updates. You're still getting them. You're not being deprived of anything.
  3. Using what logic? From what set of axioms? That you're paying for updates? I'm paying for the game that's already there.
  4. I showed that you used a logical fallacy. How, exactly, does that win anything? I'd respond to the rest if I thought you'd see through the haze of [cabbage] that seems to be in front of your face recently. I feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall is more prone to listening.
  5. I had typed up a long, thought-out post to reply to this, but it's become obvious to me that it doesn't matter what I do. You are not going to convince me that I am wrong because that would be trying to say "You don't really think that" -- yes, I do, I know what I think, and when I don't, I make that pretty damned clear. I have explained my reasoning. I don't need you trying to turn this into Algebra 1 -- I UNDERSTAND THIS. If you've missed it after I've explained it, fine, go right ahead and think what you want. There comes a point when even I get sick of arguing with people. That usually comes around the time that they refuse to consider my point of view as valid, which you are far past. Apparently you're so attached to your view of the world that trying to see it from another is impossible, at which point I think that you're out of place trying to hold a civil debate.
  6. That is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Just because there isn't an example to prove or disprove what your saying doesn't mean it's automatically correct, or indeed, by definition, has anything to do with you being correct. It is fully relevant -- I feel like I'm on Matlock. You're saying this: Jagex cannot see their own problems without outside help. Every single complaint is outside help. From there, this is what happens: Since every update has been complained about, then every change Jagex has made has been with outside help, therefore Jagex cannot see their problems with outside help. Circular reasoning. But we can't assume they would have, so we have to go with the most likely option. And the most likely option is that they keep on being stupid, make a mistake, and NEVER FIX IT? The Gowers made a fortune acting like morons?
  7. Because I don't enjoy them means that they have no value to me -- you're changing the argument. Last I checked, I'm not arguing about their value to the game as a whole. I don't see how the fact that I enjoy the game regardless of updates has nothing to do with this. It has EVERYTHING to do with this. That is how I managed to play as f2p for years before I got members -- few updates for YEARS (RS2 is the only one that I can remember) and yet I still played the game. I don't know what the hell is going over your head here. You're trying to say that things that are relevant are gibberish and trying to define the entire thing on your terms. I feel like I'm in an episode of Matlock or something, where you think anything that doesn't fit into your narrow view of the topic is irrelevant. My way of thinking does not revolve around your axioms. I enjoy the game the way it is. I enjoy updates to the game. I'm not going to [bleep] about my money being wasted because we get slightly fewer updates. Why? (Pay attention here) Although I enjoy updates, there is more than enough in the game already for me to enjoy. Fewer updates simply means more time that I can spend on what's already in the game. More updates means that I can spend time doing newer things in the game, some of which I might enjoy. Either way, I enjoy it.
  8. Those two statements have a lot to do with it. I don't know how I can make it any simpler. That analogy is trash -- the majority of updates are like no payment -- they have negligible effect on my gameplay (many quests that can stand alone, graphical updates (I still mostly play in SD, except during some quests with cutscenes), and the like). I am satisfied with the game as it is right now. If there is an update that improves it in the future, then I will welcome it. If it doesn't, then I am still playing a game that I enjoy. If I could, I'd play Classic, since I liked the game the way it was and it doesn't matter to me if it's updated or not. I enjoy the game whether or not it is updated. If there is an update that I like, I will welcome it. I pay to play the full game -- the frequent updates are extras -- I don't get what the hell you can't understand here.
  9. So just because people complained about it means that it is impossible that Jagex would've seen that there was a problem? The great thing about you making that statement is that you cannot be proven wrong by the criteria that you give above, as every single update has had at least one person complain. The problem here is that we can't assume that Jagex wouldn't have seen their error if no one said anything about it.
  10. You're showing me here that you can completely miss the point in a way that I thought impossible for human beings to accomplish. Updates are good. The game in its current state is good. Do you see a problem with those two statements?
  11. Updates are good. The game, in its current state, is good. Do you see a massive problem in that logic? If you do, that would explain why you have such a problem understanding my case here.
  12. I like updates. However, I'm also content with the game the way it is. If there's an update that makes a good change to the game, that's great. At the same time, if they don't make that change, I'll keep on playing the game that I already know. I think the biggest thing to separate from most of the people here is this: I'm not in a hurry. I don't care and it doesn't bother me. I don't see how the two are so exclusive.
  13. I like updates, but I'm not that bothered by them being reduced in frequency. I don't see what part of that is so hard to understand.
  14. I'm saying that what came before the rate was unnecessary, but now I see your point. It came across as condescending, like you were trying to say "This isn't an accomplishment". Instead, did you mean more along the lines of "Why post this? No one will take it seriously"? That and I posted it because it was an accomplishment for me, for my usually bad luck with drops.
  15. That wasn't a rate. I don't have a problem with the rating. Not in the least. I thought it was an accomplishment, so I post it here, then you basically say "Oh, that doesn't even deserve to be thought of as an accomplishment". If you had posted just the rating, I wouldn't have a problem with you.
  16. It's general consensus that powermining granite in the desert is the fastest possible mining xp.
  17. And yet, in the monster drop sticky at the top of this forum, it says And I think you suck. You're a [bleep]ing moron, pushing your "you suck" mantra onto people who have done nothing to you. I think you suck and I said it. Is that good reason?
  18. I stand corrected. Though it is still being a jackass.
  19. Mischlings replied to compfreak847's topic in Rants
    I've read large amounts of the thread and remember seeing that the cannon, from purely a time perspective, was more efficient. The time it saves, without considering the xp gained through its use, is enough to make it more efficient. I remember reading that before, in this thread. That was one of Ydrasil's points, and I remember reading your argument against it, though I can't exactly say that it ever made much, if any, sense to me.
  20. ""? Last I checked, going out of your way to belittle someone for no good reason is flaming.
  21. I was saying that I didn't care that the forums were opened up to F2P players. I never said that I don't like updates, just that I could live with them being less common, therefore not caring if they were slowed down. This started with whether opening up the forums was good or bad and I was saying that I was indifferent because I didn't care whether or not it slowed down updates. (I'm so up to date that I just finished Summer's End on Wednesday!)
  22. Then what is your definition of good, I wonder? I know this isn't an amazing accomplishment, but why go out of your way to make yourself look like a jackass? Also, thanks to the people who didn't see it fit to look like jackasses. It felt like an achievement to me because I very rarely have luck with monster drops. I didn't really expect to get high ratings from people, but I also didn't expect to get flamed for it. Flame me if I'm a jackass, not because I think something less than a hilt/sigil drop feels like an accomplishment.
  23. I know that, I was just clarifying my stance -- for some reason, that comes up in a debate a lot, so I thought that I'd get it out there. The entire point of that post above was simply to show that both sides in this "Does opening up the forums give us less updates?" debate have to prove their own point -- neither can be assumed to be true automatically. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about that being my point.
  24. Assuming you average 6 herbs per seed, Kwuarm are the best for profit, making 13,960 per seed. For Snapdragons, it's 10,976 per seed. However, if your average is higher than six, then Snapdragon is better (six seems to be the average, though I might be wrong).
  25. About 50k xp from 85 slayer and I get my first spiritual mages task. I come extremely over-prepared (tried using an inventory I remembered, didn't realize that it was for camping), but I think the drops made it worth it. I also learned this: prayer flashing does not always work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.