Well some of you may know I had been away travelling round the world for the last 6 months by myself pretty much. I said I would post some pics so here a few. I've tried to upload a few from each place, but didn't want to bore you lot too much with holiday snaps. If you want to see some more in detail I can always post different ones in higher detail (taken with my crappy camera though) I'll try to provide some commentary with them too, but please ask if you want to know something. [hide=Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand]I started my first month in South East Asia. Hong Kong was first for 4 days, which was long enough I thought. Was pretty cool just walking in amongst all the skyscrapers. In the photos - Downtown from Kowloon The Big Buddha - had to queue for hours just to see this. Hundreds of Chinese tourists were here. Think it was worth it though. Loved the little lanes running off the streets. Packed between towereing skyscrapers. The nightly light show of downtown from Kowloon. I spent about 4 days in Singapore then. Was fun seeing some things there like Raffles Hotel and having a Singapore Sling - which was quite tasty really. Don't have too many exciting photos from here. Moved on by bus into Malaysia and up to Melaka. Very historic place with a few nice buildings. Then up to Kuala Lumpur. Huge city. Didn't do too much here really. The Petronas Towers View of KL from the KL Tower After that is the island of Penang on the west coast of Malaysia. Another historic city. Met a nice Austrian guy here and we walked up Penang Hill, which was quite a hike especially in the humidty and heat. We then walked down to a Chinese temple called Kek Lok Si. Was pretty huge and quite impressive. Then on again up the coast and to another island, Langkawi. This place was the picture perfect beach type place with warm sea Moving on northwards and into Thailand - Trang, Krabi then the island of Ko Phi Phi Don. This island was badly affected by the 2004 tsunami in the area, and an estimated 3 to 4000 people died on the island. By the time I was there the island had pretty much recovered, but there were still little things reminding us of it. Picture of the island after the tsunami posted on a church on the island. That aside this island was one of my favourite places I visited. Saw Phi Phi Ley - the island where they filmed "The Beach" was pretty cool. Met a great bunch on folk and had a good time with the Chang. Ended up spending a week here and was sad to leave at the end. But time to move on. The notorious tourist resort of Phuket was my next desitination. Didn't particulary like it though it was an eye-opener with all it's seedy bars and streets... Then a dash up to Bangkok via Ranong and Chumphon and an overnight train in 3rd class with the locals. Bangkok was a huge, mad city. Loved the old temples, monuments and things, loads of them there to see. Though the traffic wasn't so great. Gridlocked most of the time. [/hide] [hide=Australia]Next on my travels was Australia for the next 3 months. I began in Melbourne and met sister and her fiance there who were doing a little travelling also. Out of everywhere I've been I'd have to say it was the best city for me. If I was to move anywhere it would probably be here. Something always going on here. The weather wasn't so great though more like home as I arrived in April, the begginging of their winter season. Anyway I joined my sister in a rent car and drove to Sydney, passing through lots of interesting places on the way. Including a camp with friendly Kangeroos Sydney I met up with a friend from uni and ended up joining them in renting a camper van and driving back to Melbourne via Canberra this time. Good fun these road trips. Managed to fit in the Great Ocean Road which has a lot of great scenery. Back in Melbourne I met up with Tanya - an ex? tipiter, and her boyfriend, was fun meeting them. Also managed to see Ramsay St. - from the tv programme Neighbours (I think only British and Oz people would know about that?) Still lots of rain here. Flight to Perth here at the begging in of May. (bit strange here since I am from Perth Scotland, it was good confusing everyone with that) Nice city but not really for me, not sure why. Lovely view from the huge parks they have though. Got on a tour bus to travel up the west coast for the next couple of weeks. Was travelling with the same bunch of people for that amount of time and made some really good friends who I'll probably stay in contact with for years. I think the people really made the west coast such good fun. Lots to see on the west coast but it's not over touristy. If you go to Oz I'd recommended it. Lots of scenery including Nature's Window Karijini National Park, lots of gorges. The pictures don't do it justice really. Me with some of the group on 80 mile beach south of Broome. Sunset on Cable beach at Broome. Amazing beach. And up near Darwin feeding crocs in a river. Could have posted a million photos of drunken folk but thought better of it ;) Next up was the east coast - From Cairns I travelled by Greyhound down the coast eventually ending up at Sydney. Stopping off at some places along the way. Mission Beach, Airlie Beach, Hervey Bay, Noosa, Brisbane, and Byron Bay. Did a few things on the way down. A few days sailing and living aboard a yacht in the Whitsunday Islands. Awesome scenery and great beaches like Whitehaven Beach. From Hervey Bay I joined a group and did a self drive trip round Fraser Island for a few days. The SS Maheno which ran aground years ago. Our lovely 4x4 which I was lucky enough to drive on some of Fraser's beaches. [/hide] [hide=New Zealand]Next up New Zealand for a month. Got a great view to start with on the flight in. Flew into the South Island and immediately headed for Queenstown as I'd heard that's the place to be, which was true. Nice little town set in some of New Zelands highest mountains. I tried to get a job here but couldn't as everyone was trying to the same and stay for the ski season. Ended up getting a tour (Kiwi Experience) and seeing the rest of the South Island, where's there's lots more to see. Met some great people along the way. edit* Nearly forgot - Had time in Queenstown to fit in a 15,000ft skydive. Was very fun. Would do it again if I had the chance. Milford Sound (really a fjord) with amazing views. Franz Josef glacier which we did full days walk up onto. Then went to Auckland and would have loved to see more of the North Island but I couldn't as by this point I was broke, so bring on Fiji and some helpful loans from my family :P[/hide] [hide=Fiji & USA]Only spent a few days on Fiji, was too expensive and touristy for my liking to be honest. It has some great beaches, but to be honest I had done the whole beach thing in Thailand and Oz. Ah well I went on a day trip to a little desert island called Mala Mala, was very nice here. I then flew onto LA from Fiji where I was spending a month and travelling across it. I ended up seeing LA(Holywood), San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York, Boston and Maine. LA was just mad, so huge and it's not the easiest places to get around. ended up doing some touristy stuff like tours. Was good seeing Hollywood and Universal Studios though. SF next where I ended up meeting up with Ami (ForsakenMage) and Necro from these forums for a couple of days. Was good seeing them also. We ended up going to Pier 39 and the Golden Gate Bridge. Also manged to see Alcatraz whilst I was there. I flew to Las Vages next which was crazy also. Thank goodness I was only there for a few days otherwise I think I would have lost all my money. Got a trip to the Grand Canyon which I really thought was amazing. Seeing it in person is so much better than seeing the photos. Then onto New York. Now I think everyone knows everything about New York :P Great city. Loved just relaxing in Central Park. NY at night from the Empire State Building. Next few days was in Boston. Another lovely city, lots of cool buildings here. Definitely worth a visit. I then headed on upto Maine where I met Nik from these forums. Ended up staying with him for 5 days. End of my trip I was pretty broke so I crashed on his fold out sofa and we got drunk with his friends most nights. Fun Fun.[/hide] Well I think that's pretty much it. Sorry for keeping you so long. Feel free to send some abusive pms if I bored you out of your skulls or if you were on 56k. :) Also please ask some questions if you like and I will try my best to answer them. One last thing - Yes I think it was worth it. You should do it if you are thinking about it.