Most important combat skill?

fangyongren

Hello everyone,

I am considering going for 99 attack while I keep my strength 73 and defence 70. Not doing this for any particular reasons. Just was thinking I wanted to get one of em up to 99 before the others. A quick look at the exp table makes me want to get it to 90. So I am thinking getting 90 attack then 90 Defense then 90 Strength...

What do you guys think? I am pretty happy with my max hit at the moment so that is why I am reluctant to increase strength. Plus I am only training on the edgeville slayer master assignments. So nothing too incredibly strong...

So if you had to pick either str, def, or att which one would you pick to train?

It really depends on what you use your combat for. I would say defence, because I'm getting into mage+defence staking.

As for you doing Slayer assignments, you're doing the right thing, leveling Attack.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

It depends what you want to do with combat. For me I like to do barrows so I raise mage range and def alot more then the others. The def and mage also help with abyssal rcing.

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

So if you had to pick either str, def, or att which one would you pick to train?

strength

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

It's what I'm doing, I'm currently 83/72/72 I'm kinda regretting it I don't really like it <.<

Would you mind sharing with us why you are regretting it? Just isn't working for you? I have always been one of those types that raises each combat skill 10 and a time. So it is only during training periods that my str, att, def are not the same.

Robs%20mom.gif

Based on my limited experienced, Strength is really the way to go.

I got my Attack up higher than all my other skills, naively thinking I'd start hitting dramatically more often. Any improvement is rather negligible, and it's disheartening to see folks with combat levels 10-15 below mine hit almost as often, but much, much harder.

What's more, once you have big-league damage power, you can train Attack and Defense much faster (as you're doing more damage).

The arguments for high defense for runecrafting make sense, and I hadn't thought about that before.

If I'd known better, though, I'd have left Attack and Defense at 70, and worked entirely on Strength.

Different people keep saying contradictory things. How can we know?

If I were you, Id raise defence. Unlike other skills, defence can be useful in other situations than combat ones.

2480+ total

Defence should come in for good reasons with no relation to combat. Next is magic and hp for obvious reasons

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

id say stop attack and start raising strength people have posted here and said its not worth it, so why should you waste ur time on something u might regret?

ill be on my pure mr angry93

The burgerking wants you to rock on!

Trying is the first step towards failure- Homer simpson