World 16 Air Company - Calculator

Atroxide

http://dvclan.org/ProfitCalc.php

I got permission from an admin to post the link

This is for the World 16 Air Company, If you don't know what it is then you wont understand it. I will add a discription of what the World 16 Air Company is later.

[hide=Old Visual Basic Version]

Well i have Private-Messaged 2 different admins to see if i can post the link to this calculator and I still haven't gotten a reply in a week. So I am going to go ahead and post it and if they want to remove it they can.

I first made this program for some one else who made a topic asking for it. but i decided to make a new topic as not every one will read that topic.

gifad5.gif

[Admin Edit: link removed]

If you truly think you can hold a virus in 25KB then your an idiot.

How ever, if you think there is a virus, then just scan it.

No one is making you download it, and no one cares if you do or don't.

If Admins want to remove it, go ahead.

[hide=Source Code - Visual Basic 6]

Option Explicit

Private Sub btnCalc_Click()

'If not all boxes = filled, a popup will comeup

If Me.txtAirPrice.Text = "" Or Me.txtAmount.Text = "" Or _

Me.txtEssPrice.Text = "" Or Me.txtLevel.Text = "" Then

MsgBox ("Please fill out the rest of the Information needed")

Else

'declares the textboxes as integers

Dim lngLevel As Long

lngLevel = Val(Me.txtLevel.Text)

Dim lngAmount As Long

lngAmount = Val(Me.txtAmount.Text)

Dim intEssPrice As Long

intEssPrice = Val(Me.txtEssPrice.Text)

Dim lngAirPrice As Long

lngAirPrice = Val(Me.txtAirPrice.Text)

'Select case to find how many Airs you make per Ess

Dim intAirsPerEss As Integer

Select Case lngLevel

Case 0 To 10

intAirsPerEss = 1

Case 11 To 21

intAirsPerEss = 2

Case 22 To 32

intAirsPerEss = 3

Case 33 To 43

intAirsPerEss = 4

Case 44 To 54

intAirsPerEss = 5

Case 55 To 65

intAirsPerEss = 6

Case 66 To 76

intAirsPerEss = 7

Case 77 To 87

intAirsPerEss = 8

Case 88 To 98

intAirsPerEss = 9

Case 99

intAirsPerEss = 10

End Select

'Displays the results

Me.lblProfit.Caption = ((lngAmount * intAirsPerEss) * lngAirPrice) - ((intEssPrice * lngAmount) + ((lngAmount / 25) * 2000))

Me.lblGained.Caption = lngAmount * 5

Me.lblTrade.Caption = lngAmount / 25

End If

End Sub

Private Sub btnHelp_Click()

MsgBox ("Fill out the following text boxes and click calculate. Your profit, exp earned, and times you trade will appear")

End Sub

Private Sub btnAbout_Click()

MsgBox ("World 16 Air Company Profit Calculator was created by TexasMd91 to help Rune crafters find their profit.")

End Sub

[/hide][/hide]

sig.jpg

Well as long as that source code is the real code (which im sure it is) than that program itsself dosent do anything nasty, its actualy quite simple. I shall try it my self.

Nothing comes up when you click the link...at least for me.

I guess this assumes that you are giving 2k and 25 ess back? It looks useful...I scanned it with Norton and Lavasoft AdAware, it's clean.

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

I've got a vouch for you right here.

Suggestions: Add a help section. It might be because I don't have any experience in runecrafting, but I had to figure out what each piece meant.

Amount of essense(number of essence you have to give to the runner)

Price of air runes(current market price of air runes)

Price of essense(current market price of essense

And add that you are basing the calculations on a 2000gp and 25 essense per trade thing.

~M

If you pay 2k to runners for 25 ess and you buy ess for 30gp each (Not sure if that's the market price), sell airs for 15gp each (Again, unsure) than you need Rc level 55 to actually make a profit. BTW, it costs 110gp per ess to use runners, paying 30gp each for runners and 2k per 25 ess (2000/25=80 80+30=110) Just for those who dont get the cal to work. Also, what did you type the source code into.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Sorry, i totally forgot i posted this :P

It wont let me say '." and "exe" next to each other, thats why its not working.

so take the "_" out in the file URL

and if you still cant get it to work, dont say "It doesnt work", please say what happens and what you were doing while it didn't work.

I am currently working on the next version.

will have better help and about windows to help you. and will also have it where you can enter how much xp you want. and it will say how much cash you get from it. (so it will have both xp to profit and profit to xp)

and for the person asking what programing language. I used Visual Basic 6

sig.jpg

Sorry, i totally forgot i posted this :P

It wont let me say '." and "exe" next to each other, thats why its not working.

so take the "_" out in the file URL

and if you still cant get it to work, dont say "It doesnt work", please say what happens and what you were doing while it didn't work.

I am currently working on the next version.

Will have where you can enter how much your paying, will have better help and about windows to help you. and will also have it where you can enter how much xp you want. and it will say how much cash you get from it. (so it will have both xp to profit and profit to xp)

and for the person asking what programing language. I used Visual Basic 6

Thanks for fixing it, it works now.

[Admin Edit: link removed]

Just posting this here to save everyone the trouble be it reports (don't fret when reporting posts like these - If the link is safe then there is no harm done, we won't snap at you for making at a mistake :) ) scanning the program or assuring people that the link is safe.

texasmd91 - looks like your just unlucky with which admins you chose to PM. They were likely to just be away from the forums for a while.

~Philip

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I'm sorry, but there's a reason that exe files are censored on these forums. It's simply too dangerous and we unfortunately do not have the time to investigate each one for malicious code.

We do not allow anyone to post links to executable files - although we have taken a look at yours and it looks clean, we still can't allow you to post it here. If we allow one person to post a calculator or other program link, we would then be forced to allow everyone to do it. This would give troublemakers a way of posting keyloggers and other malware by saying the program is a calculator or whatever. And as I said, we do not have the time or resources to check out and clear every single one.

The only exception would be to post a link to a site (NOT an executable file) on the Advertisement sticky. If we start allowing executable files we'll be opening up a can of worms.

I've removed the link you posted. Sorry.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

May i ask what the tip.it Website calcs are coded in?

I am guessing javascript but just wana make sure.

maybe i can learn alil javascript and make it for the tip.it website :D

sig.jpg

A combination of javascript and html. But please, no profit calculator for the site. We have always maintained that we would not be creating a price database or guide, or anything related to current market values of items. A profit calculator would fall under the same umbrella.

More information available here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=466748

A combination of javascript and html. But please, no profit calculator for the site. We have always maintained that we would not be creating a price database or guide, or anything related to current market values of items. A profit calculator would fall under the same umbrella.

Yeah but since the user enters in the prices wouldn't that be different since they can never say "the prices are wrong!" (because he entered it and didn't get it from a set constant)

thnx for the quick reply :D

EDIT: thnx for re-opening who ever did.

I am currently trying to get my bro to code it in javascript or php (which ever 1 he wants to do it in). Even if it cant be on the main site i want to do this cause maybe then you guys will allow a link to it since its not a exe.

and if you still dont then i can atleast show my friends with no download needed :D

an

sig.jpg

Yeah but since the user enters in the prices wouldn't that be different since they can never say "the prices are wrong!" (because he entered it and didn't get it from a set constant)

thnx for the quick reply :D

Your right <.<

2eprbpj.png

I understand what you're trying to do with your calculator, but I still don't get its purpose. Isn't it simply a fancy version of a plain old calculator - you know, the kind that comes with everyone's computer?

If each essence costs x and I can sell each rune I make for y, it doesn't take a special calculator to figure out that the profit I make off each one is y less x. See what I mean? I can do that with any calculator or even a paper and pencil....

As for the exp gained when making the runes, we already have a calculator for that.

I understand what you're trying to do with your calculator, but I still don't get its purpose. Isn't it simply a fancy version of a plain old calculator - you know, the kind that comes with everyone's computer?

If each essence costs x and I can sell each rune I make for y, it doesn't take a special calculator to figure out that the profit I make off each one is y less x. See what I mean? I can do that with any calculator or even a paper and pencil....

As for the exp gained when making the runes, we already have a calculator for that.

Well, that kind of the purpose for all the calculators on the main site too right? I mean, I could figure out (not to brag, many others can too, a majority I believe) all that stuff with a regular calculator. It's there for convenience, just like a lot of stuff is.

Yes, I know that the exp calculators are MUCH more advanced, but it's still the basic principle.

Just my thoughts.

Don't ban me!