Why has pest control ruined Runescape?

n64jive

Uhhhh...

Those were added to improve the knowledge of players.

And the free homeport tele? Yea, I use it. Not because I can't afford runes. (Because I can) But because it's convinent. What happends if you got lost, and couldn't find your way, and you had loads of money and didn't want to die?

That's why it was added.

Plus, Jagex has said, Pest Control isn't being used the way we planned it to be, but there's nothing we can do about it. Just like rares...

Learn to get over Jagex's bad call of adding this to the game.

Not all PC products like to show off.

I will become a PC product to prove this point, mark my words.

The only cape I'm going to wear that is related to combat, probly will be prayer, because I'm putting out the 80m to get that dang cape..

NiceJobTim.jpg

[Doomred8] People who point at their wrist while asking for the time really piss me off. I know where my watch is buddy, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the bathroom is?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC hasn't ''ruined'' RuneScape. Wow - it makes the game easier to train combat stats, who cares, people should be glad.

People who had maxed their combat stats before this came out were maybe 'unfortunate'. They should be proud that they did it without PC! NOT complain...

It doesn't matter that some higher lvls now don't have general knowledge about RuneScape, does it? Think of it this way, it's one more person to help :) (That may be bad to some :lol:)

Residua.png

Uhhhh...

Those were added to improve the knowledge of players.

And the free homeport tele? Yea, I use it. Not because I can't afford runes. (Because I can) But because it's convinent. What happends if you got lost, and couldn't find your way, and you had loads of money and didn't want to die?

That's why it was added.

Plus, Jagex has said, Pest Control isn't being used the way we planned it to be, but there's nothing we can do about it. Just like rares...

Learn to get over Jagex's bad call of adding this to the game.

Not all PC products like to show off.

I will become a PC product to prove this point, mark my words.

The only cape I'm going to wear that is related to combat, probly will be prayer, because I'm putting out the 80m to get that dang cape..

maybe i didnt put things clearly enough:

firstly i have nothing against skill tutors, except the items they give out

secondly, why should players who just got off tutorial island be able to do something free which in the past required 31 magic and cost some 300-400gp

thirdly the example of the pc product i gave i dont mean that all people who pc are like that, for me a pc product is someone with a high combat, who got it all from pc, calling others noobs because of his higher combat level, and who lacks the basic knowledge of the game

I'm not saying you shouldn't use PC . I'm saying JaGeX should change it.

But as players, we should learn to accept this bad call, and not let it phase us. Because many "bad calls" will happen in life, and we won't be able to prevent, or change, most of them. So learn to live WITH them.

This is probably the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Its like players just said, "I'm just going to write something down," it like someone doesn't realize what they are saying, it's like they don't understand how games work.

Why go this far? Because under the previous stated logic you should accept everything that happens regardless of how you/others feel.

If JaGeX made something that dropped dragon items everytime you killed it, should you? Sure! What a great way to make money. That's how you play competitively. HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD NOT WANT JAGEX TO CHANGE IT. We as players care about the game we play. That's what you get from a good playerbase. But the previous logic stated says that you should just approve of everything the game makers do. Should you accept this logic? Of course not! Doing so is stupid. It tells JaGeX you don't care. It promotes an unhealthy gaming environment, and furthermore it tells JaGeX you are cool with it, and would like them to continue in the direction they would be heading under previously stated logic.

Furthermore, we need to realize we aren't debating values, or what JaGeX 'ought' to do. We are debating the future of the game RuneScape. I for one will not stand to see a game I love destroyed because some punk says "Just live with it."

To summarize, I would like to clarify this debate with a real-life issue: The lumber companies of 'Clarifya' (NOT A REAL PLACE) start cutting trees. Not just any trees, but 'Clarifyan trees.' The trees only grow on Clarifya, and their wood is very valuable. 'Clarifya' is known for their respective trees, and the people love them. The lumber companies stand to make a tidy profit from the people elsewhere buying the lumber, but ruining what the 'Clarifyans' love. To correspond with the PC situation, the lumber companies stand to make a tidy profit, but they all ready have plenty of money.

Now, you tell me, should the people of 'Clarifya' say, "O well, we'll just live with it," or should they stand up for their freedom, should they stand for what they believe in.

It is following the latter logic that people did something in history. George Washington, Jesus Christ, Napoleon, Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, and many others watched as people said, "O well, I'll live with it." They got fed up. People were destroying what they loved, and they stood up for it. Being (and I hate to use this word) a 'wuss' will get you nowhere. Accepting things as they come will get you nowhere. Only by changing things, which we as a community can do, will get us where we want to go.

So I urge you now, where do you take your stand? With those would sit back and accomplish nothing? Or with me, with those that would stand for what they believe in, what they love and cherish.

A few notes:

Please don't debate the religious example of JC in there, but he does manage to grab people's attention, regardless of religious beliefs.

The examples of people are only examples, and I only offered the ones that came to the top of my head. They are not limited to those people obviously

Though some would cry 'flame!" and leave it there, I would urge them to give their stance and why. I feel passionately about this issue. I won't let players destroy a game I've worked hard on, a game many, many, others have worked hard on, both on their characters and those in Britain who made the game what it is.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

I don't think PC really helps all that much while leveling. Sure it will help when you receive the points, but it takes a while for the points to accumulate. I'm currently slaying (111 Fire Giants, woohoo!) and the xp isn't too much different...

PEST CONTROL IS THE BEST THING TO HAPEN TO RUNESCAPE SINCE ME

I don't want to be offensive to you or anything, but looking at your stat sig...well, have you ever used it?

I'd also like to add that, unless anyone here works at the JaGeX towers or anything, then showing our disapproval by rants/suggestions is the only way to show JaGeX we want something done (In other words, ranting is good because otherwise JaGeX isn't guided by players' opinions).

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg