Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Nanosauromo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find critiques to be full of crap, they never give movies good ratings anymore, they have they're standard set too high by a select few movies, but not every movie that be "that" good, not every movie can match the standard, however, it doesnt mean that the movie can't be entertaining. I think people have forgotten about a movie being "entertaining" and focus too much on the bad aspects of it. Take spiderman 3 for instance, I thought it was a great movie, but the critiques see a few little stupid things and pass it off as well as lots of other people, I enjoyed it and didnt see much wrong with it.

going to see pirates this evening, looking forward to it :D

I find critiques to be full of crap, they never give movies good ratings anymore, they have they're standard set too high by a select few movies, but not every movie that be "that" good, not every movie can match the standard, however, it doesnt mean that the movie can't be entertaining. I think people have forgotten about a movie being "entertaining" and focus too much on the bad aspects of it. Take spiderman 3 for instance, I thought it was a great movie, but the critiques see a few little stupid things and pass it off as well as lots of other people, I enjoyed it and didnt see much wrong with it.

going to see pirates this evening, looking forward to it :D

I'm not sure why everyone hated spiderman 3 either . It seemed fine to me, not great but fine.

I liked pirates three because it MAKES you think. When i came out of that movie i didn't feel like my brain had been reduced to jello.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Not well liked by critics tho Daan. 40% on Rotten Tomatos.

Yea, screw the critcs. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I saw it yesterday, i thought it was great, however the whole movie stopped half way through, and it skipped like 15 minutes of the movie, so everyone had no idea where we were lol. Not to mention that i was in a group of people, who didn't exactly let me divert my full attention to the movie... my Gf being one of them, if u catch my drift ha. I'm deffinantly going to see it again. It truely is a visual masterpeice, even if the storyline is a bit complex. When you see it, make sure you stay to the VERY end, after all the credits, to see what looks like a link to the next one, although i doubt that they will make one. It looks very cool :D

Oh and everyone who was in my screening got a free voucher for another ticket because of the mishap, so it wasn't all bad.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I saw it yesterday, i thought it was great, however the whole movie stopped half way through, and it skipped like 15 minutes of the movie, so everyone had no idea where we were lol. Not to mention that i was in a group of people, who didn't exactly let me divert my full attention to the movie... my Gf being one of them, if u catch my drift ha. I'm deffinantly going to see it again. It truely is a visual masterpeice, even if the storyline is a bit complex. When you see it, make sure you stay to the VERY end, after all the credits, to see what looks like a link to the next one, although i doubt that they will make one. It looks very cool :D

Oh and everyone who was in my screening got a free voucher for another ticket because of the mishap, so it wasn't all bad.

Yeah he has a son right at the end after credits.

picture6sd6.jpg

Who is "he"? I didn't stay until the end of the credits, nature was making one hell of a call (i drank at least 70-80 ounces of Raspberry Brisk :P)

[hide]Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan. They must have done it on the island where they met at the end of the movie. It shows a boy skipping down a hill singing the song that they sung in the begging at the hanging. Swan then follows him, it says 10 years later in captions down the bottom, they stare out over a cliff, green flash and then you see turner hanging off the side of the flying dutchman smiling. cut![/hide]

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Who is "he"? I didn't stay until the end of the credits, nature was making one hell of a call (i drank at least 70-80 ounces of Raspberry Brisk :P)

[hide]Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan. They must have done it on the island where they met at the end of the movie. It shows a boy skipping down a hill singing the song that they sung in the begging at the hanging. Swan then follows him, it says 10 years later in captions down the bottom, they stare out over a cliff, green flash and then you see turner hanging off the side of the flying dutchman smiling. cut![/hide]

[hide]It's not Elisabeth SWAN anymore lol, they were wedded in the fight scene. It's Elisabeth TURNER!![/hide]

Oh and a funny point is that the kid at the start of the movie who gets hung is wearing modern day braces on his teeth...

picture6sd6.jpg

[hide]It's not Elisabeth SWAN anymore lol, they were wedded in the fight scene. It's Elisabeth TURNER!![/hide]

Oh and a funny point is that the kid at the start of the movie who gets hung is wearing modern day braces on his teeth...

I think that was tooth decay. :P

I thouhht the film was quite good, I'd recommend it to anybody who enjoyed the first two films.

[hide=Click may be spoiler!!] My favorite part was when they battled in the whirl pool. It looked amazingly real, it has to be the best scene in any movie i have ever seen. I felt bad for davy jones though because he had to kill his little pet. :cry: [/hide]

prospektssigza4.jpg

Watched it last night.... kinda long, but I really enjoyed it.

Without giving anything away, I'd say it's not quite as good as the first, but waaaaay better than the second one.

8.5/10 from me :thumbsup:

Harrington.gif

[hide]Having to wait 10 years to see Elisabeth is a bit stupid when he could have just brought her to live on board the Flying Dutchman...[/hide]

slight problem being that person being still alive, and thus can't really go with it when it goes underwater and all that stuff in the strange place

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place