Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Nanosauromo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks pretty sweet, although I don't expect much after the second one.

Nah, it's excellent. The second was my least favorite as well. Go see the third one though!

To be honest it looks quite boring. I mean the first one was great, it had a nice amount of humour to it and was *relatively* realistic. The second one I couldn't really take seriously, the characters weren't scary but dorky and unbelievable, as well as that captain that we thought was dead not actually being dead, I mean what? This third one looks bad, from the trailer-you know its a predictable movie, elizabeth will fall in love with (will?) and jack sparrow will somehow defeat all the bad guys in a comic and predictable fashion that we all got bored of in the first film.

But i'll probably be coerced into watching it :notalk:

Haha! You expected it to be realistic? Even when it has the name PIRATE in it? What the hell are you thinking? It's supposed to fit the legends of pirates. Without the unbelievable junk, there wouldn't be anything to talk about. And the last part is wrong.

None of the sequels will be as good as the first, although they come a close second.

Wrong. Hey, I thought Shrek II was better than I. Most of the time you are right, but sequels can be just as good.

[hide]Having to wait 10 years to see Elisabeth is a bit stupid when he could have just brought her to live on board the Flying Dutchman...[/hide]

Apparently you were not paying attention :?

[hide]You have to listen to what Bootstrap says at the end..."She can't go where we have to go" or something along the lines of that[/hide]

Hell, it was great. The end part kicked butts!

Correct you are.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I'll give you my opinion on the movie:

I found the firs 5-10 minutes too long, the next 30 minutes were absolutely confusing, from then I was waiting until they would (finally) meet Jack Sparrow, because the movie needed it. When the film was halfway, it finally became a real POTC movie, and again the action in the last part were astonishing.

Overall a 9/10, I'd give it a 10 when Jack Sparrow had more moments of his silly but oh so great humour, like the first two movies.

signature4s.jpg

i saw it today but at the end where wil is about to go back to the boat, shes calls out his name...BANG power goes out, at the end of the movie in a cinema, everyone started laughing, wish i could see the end but o well, ill hire it on dvd

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

Without giving anything away, I'd say it's not quite as good as the first, but waaaaay better than the second one.

I agree with this completely.

I was pleasantly surprised with it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Haha! You expected it to be realistic? Even when it has the name PIRATE in it? What the hell are you thinking? It's supposed to fit the legends of pirates. Without the unbelievable junk, there wouldn't be anything to talk about. And the last part is wrong.

Yeah...pirates were/are real so what do you mean?

I enjoyed this movie, although I think I'll like it more on a second/ third viewing. The plot was hard to follow but I think I grasped it. [hide]The surreal stuff was a nice touch but I think that it could have been done better, especially Jacks scizophrenia (or however its spelt). This movie also seemed to portray the characters differently to the first two. Wether this was deliberate or not I don't know but I sort of liked it. The intro was pretty poor IMO and didn't add anything to the movie. I know it was something to do with them having to sing the song to allow the 'pieces of eight' to work but it didn't feel comfortable. If I hadn't watched the first two before gonig to the cinema, I think I might have enjoyed it more as some of the characters were starting to annoy me even after the first one. I'll be getting it on DVD when it comes out, just so I can properly work it out. *Ends waffle* [/hide]

8/10.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Not the way they portray it...not even in the first one. Pirates as we see them today have never existed.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

3 words:

WORST.........SEQUEL.........EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

(so glad i found it for free and didn't waste my money on it)

Ditto i only watch it because of Jack Sparrow

A friend to all is a friend to none.

yea I believe this kinda sucked, just saw it cause you want to see Jack Sparrow cause he is a great character. Too many betrayls, and tricks, that all add up to a lot of confusion. What happened to the sea goddess I thought she was going to teach everyone a lesson, and all she did was one semi hurricane thingy. Ehh. Some funny parts, but all and all not that good. Good visual effects though. 6.5/10

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Looks really good... I'm a big fan of Chow Yun Fat, really looking forward to seeing him kick some. ;)

I used to be his fan,but I heard he kicked up a Hollywood sized tantrum during Curse of the Golden Flower.(That was a good show.Kinda)So now I'm going with...Johnny Depp.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Not the way they portray it...not even in the first one. Pirates as we see them today have never existed.

"Pirates we see today have never existed", what does that statement even mean? You made out that pirates are a made up story like fairies or sea monsters. Pirates are real and they used to sail around in boats raiding merchant shipping in the 17th/18th century they're still around today, i'm saying the First film clung to that idea better.

I liked it. It had really good special effects and action/fight scenes. The story was too complicated and confusing though. I thought it was awesome anyway.

It takes a good mind.

See,I'm not sure you're "blur" about,but just give me a pm and I'll sort it out for ya :P .

[hide]Are you sure the best part isn't the guy looking up Kiera's :-$ ,then the older guy looking at the man's :-# ?[/hide]

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Horrible, people said spider-man 3 was not all that great but spider-man was a lot better sequal then this pirates. It was very confusing and mixed up, they jumped way too much and they relied on jack sparrow way too much in the movie, they should just call it the adventures of jack or something. I thought Disney could do better <.<

Fusionxx.png

I loved it, but i think the 2nd one was a bit cooler, not the action in all, but how the storyline was written. Pirates 3 was very confusing though, but the action scenes and the rock and peanut scene was great.

[hide]*sniff sniff* *walk walk walk* *sniff sniff* Peanut. *starts eating* *Shot by Jack Sparrow* My peanut[/hide]

agunimon979_edited-2.jpg