Do you remember the old days of rs?

NickemanneN

I honestly miss some of the old random events.

I hated the old randoms, especially the fighting ones. They are a heck of a fight, give 1/16 exp, and drop nothing good. -_-

And if a random suddenly comes during the middle of fighting something really tough, you're screwed.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm glad to have kissed the aggressive randoms goodbye. :rolleyes:

I remember some of my old moments when Mithril armor was considered a beastly armor and comparing a mithril scimitar to an old cw blade

to see which was better....

I remember that Runescape was an awful, awful game. Anyone who says otherwise is too caught up in the nostalgia.

(Been playing on and off since '03 - currently off)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember that Runescape was an awful, awful game. Anyone who says otherwise is too caught up in the nostalgia.

It's an awful game by today's standards, Back then it was fun enough to keep me playing. I guess it wasn't so awful

(except for the bots....)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I hated the old randoms, especially the fighting ones. They are a heck of a fight, give 1/16 exp, and drop nothing good. -_-

And if a random suddenly comes during the middle of fighting something really tough, you're screwed.

Sandwich lady + Metal Dragons = Rage.

O.O

I killed Tosilx in an fair duel back in the days when everyone who was duelling knew eachother.according to himself and many others he was the best duellist/staker back then.

I said i was the best, so he challenged me in a duel, he was meleeing i was maging, i smoked his ass.

Ha!

Those are my memories of old days RS, if i'm not mistaking Tosilx quit for over a year and entirely quit duelling after he lost to me.

Becuase we had a big argument about who's the best and i didn't want to fight him so he started to harras me and made himself look like a fool on the forums and everyone read his immature posts, then i accepted his challenge because he was getting the blood from under my nails, i beat him which made him look even more of a [wagon]. (He didn't had the balls to stake me LOOOOOL, and lots of people witnessed the fight, he got iced, iced, iceeeeeed)

I didn't felt the urge to prove yet again that i can't loose, bug in the system? 40 def and 80 magic = invincible!

He also said i cheated (that i potted... but i was maging okay...), then noone liked him anymore, from being a well respected very good very loved duellist to an idiot [wagon] overnight. So he vanished.

I wonder where he is, i still owe him a footmark on his ass and a hand mark on his face.

I also pked 2 guys in full rune who were holding a deathmatch once, i was liek lv 30 orso they were in the 70's.

Too bad stuff dropped on the floor appeared to anyone back then, and i only managed to get a rune long XD

Ps: Tim and Ted bogus adventure equals worst comedy ever.

I liked it so much more when the graphics were so simble and the game screen was roughly the size of 3 original gameboy screens.

Anyone remember that hole and not remembering me deserves to be slapped across the face with a forehammer.

Oh i just remember those idiotic random events, i quit rs forgood for that came back after they got changed (thank god!)

So i bought feathers for 99 fishing, then thought to myself the first fish i'll try to catch will trigger a random event river troll, it will attack me and i'll disconnect, then when i'll come back my fishing buddy will act like nothing happened.

So i was liek.... NAAAAH... even if i die my fishing buddy would pick up my feathers and give them back so i'll just take all the feathers in my inventory so i don't have to bank.

First fish triggered an icetroll, i lost connection and died, when i came back my friend acted like he didn't saw anything.

Guess i'm quite the psychic eh?

Took the pc screen and threw it against the floor, there.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Made my first account right after the scythe drop. I was mining in east Varrock, and got killed by the mugger sitting there. Calling "Help" got a bunch of "Lol"s from everyone around me.

I ended up creating Astaroth51 because I couldn't figure out how to get another bronze pickaxe.

I liked the look and feel of early RS2. Nowadays, it's too flashy for my tastes. Runescape has always been the ghetto cousin of big-budget MMOs, and it loses part of its charm when it tries to go up against the big boys.

What I didn't like was the real world trading and the hundreds of bots that came with it. I remember when pure essence came out because it was around 30 each thanks to the bots. The bots then switched to yews and flax. I knew something was really wrong when I logged into a free world to find a dozen identically dressed people with gibberish names jerkily running from tree to tree.

So on the one hand, there's a lot of nostalgia for things that happened back then. On the other hand, who remembers the spam from people trying to scam your password, the dozens of people who would initiate a trade, offering 1337K for something stupid, and then switch it to 13374 coins? "Trimming full rune!"

Yeah, I'll take the current Runescape, thanks.

I miss the old days of RSC, sleeping bags!

that as good times, before anyone bothered with RWT and all that [cabbage].

people weren't elitist back then.... good times indeed

Played since February 2001---Alex's Amazingly Awesome Astounding Awe-inspiring Blog

fjmg0g.jpg

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

This. I've been playing on and off since '01, and all I really did was walk around and explore. It was cool in that way, but I definitely turned to my N64 when I wanted to have fun. I didn't really get into Runescape till 2006.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

stop being nostalgic. Its disgustingly old.

and im tired of people like u, they ruined a game, thats all i have to say...

I ruined the game because im sick and tired of rsc players saying "oh i wish i could go back in time to when there were more macroers etc", i played rsc but i dont go on as if it makes me a god/gives me the right to be nostalgic in the runescape 2 general forum. Shut up.

i didnt say you, they is many people, jagex, autoers, young kids, etc... and if u had actually played rsc and gotten to a decent level you would understand.... im level 93 in rsc and loved it, i just want to be able to play again.... now u can see how many levels ive got in rs2... and i can be nostalgic anywhere i f-in want to, u act like i made the topic, get a life and grow up

PS-there are more autoer these days, back then 30k people played MAX, now over 200k play.... RS is just bigger, but they are around, and they hurt RS2 even more than rs1by making jagex make more randoms....

:thumbup: Select a use, your hate of nostalgia isn't doing anything any good, let them reminisce, I for one have enjoyed reading about runescape classic as I used to play a little back in the day.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.