Do you remember the old days of rs?

NickemanneN

The good ol days... just remember NO ONE played in 2000. The game started in January 2001.

I was there for the all the drops. I started in May 2001. Back before there was rune and adam was the new armor :) Before there was a wilderness and there was no safe place. Muhahahaha

Alot of good friends back then. Most have quit long ago now. (Some by being banned :S) When I first mined rune I was level 59 combat and Zar used to save me the walk back to the bank from the wilderness ;) I kept low enough in combat for a while though and he kept going until I could just stand there and mine away. hehe (He couldn't mine rune)

I would have Arris make me 2 handers to sell. He was the 3rd to 99 smith ever.

!! Its mr Tiddles, its been a long time man. (its slayer 765) Still got me added? :P

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Zonghui. He was the first or one of the first people to hit 99 hitpoints right?

I started playing runescape back in September of 2001. I have lots of old memories, but rarely play these days. Runescape is just getting way to big for my liking.

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

The old days? You mean before people made lame threads like this pretending to have played for years, but they of course took a "long break" and missed every single rare? Yeah, I remember those times. They are long gone. :roll:

Pretend?? LOL Edge......Some of us DO exsist!!!! Hi ya M Oldfield..when we have time we do indeed speak..not as much as I would like but that's the way it is sometimes. You and quite a few others have been on my friends list for over 6 years...and will always stay there! Say Hi to your lovely lady for me ;) Hi ya Glove...been a LONG time :)

I started early 2001, there wasnt much to do so i lost interest. I came back in mid/late 2001 to my account having been hacked and stat wiped (back then when u did something bad enough they didnt ban u, they emptied your bank, once they made banks, and put all ur stats at 1.) Also, u couldn't see people's levels, and u could left click any monster for a while, then they changed that.... coal rocks used to be in the west varrock mine, the good days... i wish i could post my rsc pics but they are long gone... i dont know anyone who has had the same computer for 6 years.... and who wouldve known that RUNESCAPE (aka rsc) was going to be made into what it is now...

dragonmguthan,crazyj18.gif

RSC veteran

stop being nostalgic. Its disgustingly old.

and im tired of people like u, they ruined a game, thats all i have to say...

I ruined the game because im sick and tired of rsc players saying "oh i wish i could go back in time to when there were more macroers etc", i played rsc but i dont go on as if it makes me a god/gives me the right to be nostalgic in the runescape 2 general forum. Shut up.

stop being nostalgic. Its disgustingly old.

and im tired of people like u, they ruined a game, thats all i have to say...

I ruined the game because im sick and tired of rsc players saying "oh i wish i could go back in time to when there were more macroers etc", i played rsc but i dont go on as if it makes me a god/gives me the right to be nostalgic in the runescape 2 general forum. Shut up.

i didnt say you, they is many people, jagex, autoers, young kids, etc... and if u had actually played rsc and gotten to a decent level you would understand.... im level 93 in rsc and loved it, i just want to be able to play again.... now u can see how many levels ive got in rs2... and i can be nostalgic anywhere i f-in want to, u act like i made the topic, get a life and grow up

PS-there are more autoer these days, back then 30k people played MAX, now over 200k play.... RS is just bigger, but they are around, and they hurt RS2 even more than rs1by making jagex make more randoms....

dragonmguthan,crazyj18.gif

RSC veteran

This is one pic i'll never forget. I thought jagex staff was smoking the wacky tobbacky

4g6pfmu.jpg

July 6, 2002

F1 Key please :D

Gosh, I loved RSC so much.

I quit for 3 years, started playing again just before they made it members only.

Those smelly people :(

stn00bl37dz0.jpg

hmm yeah I guess I would still have played if RS2 had not been launched...

oh well that's the past, happy WoW player now :)

Hmmm?

-----------------------------------

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

- 4th player to 99 Thieving

- Number 1 in magic from april 2003 to December 2004

- Quitted RSC Nomvember 2004 (played rs2 3 months though)

ahh, I miss RS1...

Such fun.... such fun.... After all, who doesn't like being a cardboard cutout??

Anywho lol, I played RS1, and ended up being an adict because of my good freind, Zyphriss. Too bad she's playing a different game now.... Conquest, was it? :-k

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

i first signed up a few weeks before the release of the rune pickaxes and the sleeping bags of rsc

just in time to miss the bunny ear drop

I remember talking to S A X in Taverley Dungeon once and, seeing Zezima achieve his 99 range at the Blue Dragons

Back when you weren't allowed to stand in the same spot for more than 5 minutes. And there would always be someone who would say something about that. No randoms and macroing at the Karamja fishing platform was something nearly everyone did.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

This is one pic i'll never forget. I thought jagex staff was smoking teh wacky tobbacky

4g6pfmu.jpg

July 6, 2002

that happens when you hit F1 to reduce lag -.-

Been playing sicne the first week of rsc.

I took the screenshot because I thought it odd the banker was saying "Xmas Sir" in July.

Hiya Lynda

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

Wow, i'm amazed that such early players are still around. With that memory you mentioned, i assumed you have already started playing runescape at around 2000. Very early RSC. Unfortunately, most of the famous people from early rsc would probably have quit and be forgotten already. The earliest memory i had was the "5 class" system that was available when players first started and the awesome prayer paralyse monster. i was never a member though, would be cool to see worldwide dueling. ::'

I joined runescape at about 2002 btw :P

I remember that "5 class" -system.. Oh good old days. I didn't realise how my friend could have so high combat, even he started as a miner?! I started warrior and was poor level 5. :( Anyways I also remember mask/santa and partyhat drops. I never got phat though. I also remember that I was a big fan of player called S H A R K (used to be top in hiscores).. :-k

u5zhkTY.gif

I started around '04. And i missed the first non-tradeable holiday items. Oh yeah, I have a question, When did they make RSC mems only??? I remember getting on RSC when I was a f2p, then later I tried to get on and it was mems ONLY?!?! :?: :-s Oh yeah I remember making the char "propanquity" no number then I tried to kill a unicorn at lvl 3,...I died. So i made "propanquity2" cuz i thought the world ended lol (i think i remember someone else doing that on this thread thing) I wish I had started earlier.

Oh yeah, I remember that my first quest I ever did was "Cook's Assistant". Anyone else do that one first??

-thats all

EDIT-Oh yeah, THIS MY FIRST POST!!!

67s3qzc.jpg

propanquity2.png