Do you remember the old days of rs?

NickemanneN

I know a few good names that might stir some memories:

xXCavalierxX

Omegawytch/56Warrior

Galaxyg

Absolute legends.

~Ian

A player messaged me saying he was xcav but I was not onlien long enough to have a good talk with him. He might be back though. It's cool when old players come back btu I notice they are often back for like 2 weeks then quit again.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played since very early RS2, than had a few years break. It has changed, and everyone seems to be obssesed with calling me a noob after ive killed them -.-

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

This is officially the oldest pic I can find on my hard drive: my computer has dated it 25th August 2002. I wish I had some of the pics from even further before this.

That's me in the addy!

firesivif3.png

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

I remember getting cheap kills on the second floor of Lumbridge Castle, and also getting my first kite drop from a Moss Giant.

Good times. Nothing said greatness like Addy Kite, Addy Legs, Steel Kite, and Mithril Plate. :)

So far only players ive seen in game playing now that started early 2001 are Lady Lynda, G Bub, Sorceress, Glove, Arsenes, Bookofnod.

Yeah, I'm still kicking around. XD

I've got a lot of memories. My first addy sq from Bluerose, arguing with Militant and King Sabre (my best friend was heavily into the clan drama), hanging out in wildy with LKJ, meeting TKS in the mines, beating Ezarc to the iron ore in the dwarven mines when he was 90 mining (and I was like, 80, maybe lol... 1337 clicking skillz, srsly XD), helping with RSTrivia with Leza and the gang, and tons more. I've been playing a long time, not that my levels reflect that, I'm such a lazy leveller; but for me, RS has always been about fun. Good times, good times.

So far only players ive seen in game playing now that started early 2001 are Lady Lynda, G Bub, Sorceress, Glove, Arsenes, Bookofnod.

Yeah, I'm still kicking around. XD

I've got a lot of memories. My first addy sq from Bluerose, arguing with Militant and King Sabre (my best friend was heavily into teh clan drama), hanging out in wildy with LKJ, meeting TKS in teh mines, beating Ezarc to teh iron ore in teh dwarven mines when he was 90 mining (and I was liek, 80, maybe lawl... 1337 clicking skillz, srsly XD), helping with RSTrivia with Leza and teh gang, and tons more. I've been playing a long time, not that my levels reflect that, I'm such a lazy leveller; but 4 me, RS has always been about fun. Good times, good times.

You must got cooking gloves according to your high cooking :P

This account of mine, Ghost Knigth, is actually my first one and I created it in the early RSC. So, Ghost Knigth, is actually an adventurer :P

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

This is one pic i'll never forget. I thought jagex staff was smoking teh wacky tobbacky

4g6pfmu.jpg

July 6, 2002

that happens when you hit F1 to reduce lag -.-

Been playing sicne the first week of rsc.

The good ol days... just remember NO ONE played in 2000. The game started in January 2001.

I was there for the all the drops. I started in May 2001. Back before there was rune and adam was the new armor :) Before there was a wilderness and there was no safe place. Muhahahaha

Alot of good friends back then. Most have quit long ago now. (Some by being banned :S) When I first mined rune I was level 59 combat and Zar used to save me the walk back to the bank from the wilderness ;) I kept low enough in combat for a while though and he kept going until I could just stand there and mine away. hehe (He couldn't mine rune)

I would have Arris make me 2 handers to sell. He was the 3rd to 99 smith ever.

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat

hardly any autoers and everybody was nice

I'm not sure about that.

We've just permanently banned 957 players, for cheating and using macro software to automatically play the game for them.

We will NOT tolerate cheating, it ruins the game for everyone else. If you do not know the rules, then I recommend you read them.

We now have multiple different ways of detecting macro software, and we're are determined that nobody will get away with cheating like this. If you cheat we will catch you eventually, you WILL be banned and everything you've achieved will be wasted.

I'd also like to point out that just because you are a high level player or a member does NOT mean you can get way with cheating. Many of those 957 were high level, and 284 of them were members. They are banned anyway, we don't want you as customers! You are not welcome in RuneScape if you cheat.

And to prove we're serious, and that we really can detect this type of cheating - Here is a list of 100 of the worst offenders, all of whom are now banned. This is a mere fraction of the players now permanently banned

And the list: http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=162

Cydoor.png

As with anything, the length of time this game has been around lends itself to nostalgic feelings all around. Granted, there have been some particularly amicable folks that have come and gone, but some people have the tendancy to unnecessarily glorify the RS days of old.

So I extend the following to those of you who haven't necessarily been around so long: Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that you missed out on some golden era of RS or make you feel less because your tenure isn't as long as someone else's. Fundamentally, the game hasn't changed much since I started. Autoers, foul-mouthed RSers, scammers,and the like have always existed on RS. Granted, there were less back then, but there were less people too, and I contend that the proportions are about the same.

Everyone's so quick to discuss the good aspects of RS and the good people that have passed in contrast to the oh-so-woeful times we currently play in. However, we would do well to remember the incredible volume of autoers since it was so easy before random events, as well as perhaps the buggy nature of RS, and some may even remember RS before the chat filter. In some ways, RS served as an education in the foulest language one could imagine.

So when you read a post like this, and you feel somewhat overwhelmed by the laud and high regard that people are giving the early days of RS, take it with a grain of salt; more often than not, the nostalgia tends to elevate things up on a pedastal.

Some of this may be preemptive, but is nonetheless important to consider.

I've been playing on and off for six years. I started as 311 Freak. There was only one server when I started playing. I tried the whole mining and smithing thing, which everyone seemed to get into. It just seemed like thats where the money was, but unless you were bluerose or some of the other high smithers; you never really caught a break.

So we always just used to have fun killing each other. I miss the days when you could PK anywhere except for cities (And even then you could get away with it, so long as the guards weren't looking). But they catered the game to those who whined about getting killing while trying to skill and make money. Thats not how life goes. There isn't a specific place you can fight and a specific place where you are free of harm. And given the time period this game appears to be set in; the stronger tended to survive. I personally think they took a lot of fun out of the game when they added all these restrictions.

We only had cash banks, so we had to create mules to carry our excess items.

And PKing seemed to be ruled by the archers back in the day; because nobody really got into magic it seemed. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong - but I always remember archers like Graffixetet, Messiah 14, and Crushed (who I later teamed up with) trapping me in a store and ranging the [cabbage] out of me. I hated walking back from lumbridge.

So I created my pure, 311 Deaths - Thats when the fun really started. I miss murdering you all and the people I killed with. And the wars. That was when pures ran the wild, right before P2P RS2. That was probably the most fun I had playing the game. Killing became an addiction, lol.

But in my opinion, I think they ignored the people who have played this game for so long and have turned it into glitz and glamour. Not to mention, the game has been really tainted from the start.

-Around-The-Clock Char Sharers

-Dupers

-Botters

-Scammers

-Glitchers

Especially what seemed to be the work of botting or around-the-clock char sharing.

It was odd, because the math work involved in experience would add up to playing for days on end for certain players, but nothing was ever done about it. As a matter of fact, my brother did the math recently and Zezima (Being the highest experience in the game) would have had to play 18 hours a day (making 50k exp an hour - solid) for 3 years S T R A I G H T (Meaning 18 hours - out of a 24 hr day; completely devoted to Runescape). Although s/he has been playing longer than that - the time still adds to ridiculous amounts. I'm not saying it ISN'T possible; just HIGHLY improbable for one person simply given the time needed. But hey, if you find a way; take that way, right?

So now I just play the game every so often when I get bored for its PKing factor. Although I have yet to master this new pk system; so I'm stocking up a little and training before I do any damage. Hopefully I can find some of my old crew.

The old days? You mean before people made lame threads like this pretending to have played for years, but they of course took a "long break" and missed every single rare? Yeah, I remember those times. They are long gone. :roll:

The old days? You mean before people made lame threads like this pretending to have played for years, but they of course took a "long break" and missed every single rare? Yeah, I remember those times. They are long gone. :roll:
Well, I genuinely have.

Maybe if you spelled better we could take you seriously.

The only thing I remember about those days is my 1337 account(banz0rzed long ago) and how nice people were.

No 12 year old jerks who can't spell... :roll:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Well.... I remeber dying quite a few times when I first joined trying to kill a freakin lvl 9 man. That was annoying.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

the thing i remember most about classic was when i first started, i got lost in fali, because i smelted, and mined in the scorpion pit, well, some looser brought a 32 over and it killed me, i got so pissed. I couldnt find my way back.

I started playing rs back in 2001. I remember my first character. I thought that if you died you had to make a new character and start over again. So i made a new character with the same name just with a 7 at the end of it. I too remember my first party hat.. hi alched it. Wow.. those were the days.

[Admin edit: We cant have this on a g-rated forum]

Yeah, Im Strong..

maxhitgo7.png