Do you remember the old days of rs?

NickemanneN

Hey, just came back from a 3 year old runescape break. Quitted when my old account got banned but after some years i missed rs agian and created a new account for soon 2 months ago.

I got kinda stun when i saw how much rs has changed and how much the game has grow. When i first started play rs there only was 4 servers, all US. Now its over 130 servers all over the world.

I also found out how much rare items are worth now, back in the old days high lvl gave party hats for free to low lvls just to be nice and becource they missed the drop. I have a hard time finding out that would happend now.

Another kinda fun story is that everyone that verbal abuse the chat system got teleportet to a black room and there Paul himself was waiting for you, and have a talk with you about right and wrong :)

Well what i really wana find out is if people remember or even heard of the old legends that dosent play anymore but there name should live forever. Number one must be zonghui that i hope everyone, even new players heard of.

So, do you remember some old players that should live forever? name them :) Or just tell some storys that you think new players that never been playing rsc found kinda fun to read, and know how it was at the old days of runescape classic.

// nick

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i joined in 2004, on the day i joined the quest with daganoths came out

so i guess not :?

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

Wow, i'm amazed that such early players are still around. With that memory you mentioned, i assumed you have already started playing runescape at around 2000. Very early RSC. Unfortunately, most of the famous people from early rsc would probably have quit and be forgotten already. The earliest memory i had was the "5 class" system that was available when players first started and the awesome prayer paralyse monster. i was never a member though, would be cool to see worldwide dueling. ::'

I joined runescape at about 2002 btw :P

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I started back in Classic about 5-6 years ago. I wasn't really into the game that much then, but still remember a few details.

No banks, no visible rock ores, manual item noting, duelling etc... the game has come on so much. :)

Harrington.gif

been playing since october of 2001, and yeah i remember the old timers...my friend has hundreds of pics (deleted mine when changing comps)...i remember hearing about the black room, going down into the black hole also, running into paul and andrew...getting 1 hit by paul with 70+ hp in a fun duel,

zonghui

muhahahaha

ladykilljoy

tks

l6vi (he came back)

everdred

cowchicken

bluerose13x

ladydejavu

blueheart

zar family 2

s a x

gearshifter

a s h l e y

blick

snake slava/slavik

maniac666

llama0

bwareofmef

sandytrain (she was awesome)

lclyocnty

swtkittn

jamie2002

moridin

crypt uk

kryptix

svulle

mrs runite (or ms runite or something)

the old nite

thehate

adunakhor

sunli

syzygy

nitestalker8

trixstar

pugxsi

ashley

white rob10

ma cypress

nibiru

bibbleboy

ghjjf

manjagirl (hell of a merchant)

dr dead ant

lyko

jagger main

simon101

df2 player

chewy_spree / chewy__spree - scamming mage staker who was invincible...i staked him a red hat mage on with supers when i was 95 combat and he was 50 and i never hit him once with melee/magic, nor did my friends simon101 (85+) and crypt uk (105+)

...the list can go on but id have to hit the highscores and such since its been some time since rsc...

Iron%20Chef%20Dj.gif

Iron%20Chef%20Dj.gif

yayformepa1.png

Really good list there! Alot of good friends you have listed, some guys i would like to add though - unbeaten and josh :)

edit: Another good memory was the big war in rsc, there where many but one that was something speciall. Scandinavian VS the world :D hundreds of players in each team fought for many hours that day.

been playing since october of 2001, and yeah i remember the old timers...my friend has hundreds of pics (deleted mine when changing comps)...i remember hearing about the black room, going down into the black hole also, running into paul and andrew...getting 1 hit by paul with 70+ hp in a fun duel,

l6vi (he came back)

L6vi came back only for a couple of weeks at the end of RSC(Few months before RS2), he attended a few wars, just hang around and didn't do much.

He got bored really quick again and gave away his account.

Now the account has a 3rd user already. The real L6vi has not played runescape for YEARS!

Margus.png

Of course I do! Remember working my butt out fishing lobsters in Karamja (meh name..) and making certs.. It was best money I could make back then. :^o

u5zhkTY.gif

I started doing quests again after longer break...i quit before runecrafting so i did rune mysteries about 2 weeks ago.

I also did f2p and p2p quests with my noob recently...ive done them multiple times in rsc but i noticed some were changed enough from rsc that i needed to look guides to complete them.

I was trying to do Sheep Herder in rs2 and it really makes me mad...i gave up after 1 sheep...i remember how annoying its in rsc but its nothing compared to rs2.

So far only players ive seen in game playing now that started early 2001 are Lady Lynda, G Bub, Sorceress, Glove, Arsenes, Bookofnod.

I dont start exp racing im just to do quests and try things around im explorer now...im also planning to go back to RSC since i have access there also.

My rs name is M Oldfield but in rs2 im noob...i dont know what is barrows, dds, guthix etc because i grew in different game...in rsc im more like in home but acheving there something isnt anything anymore, it looks ghost town.

Theres still a few of us rscers out there 8-) The days when there wasnt a chat filter, mining was the way to make money, i remember mining iron and selling it to try and buy a rune batte. Back then rune wasnt cheap either :lol:

I forgot about first chat filter they added...it must be funniest day in whole RS history ever...every thing you said in game turned out into "in game" words...i havent laughed so much in rs ever than i did then.

ppl didnt understand each other anymore...it was like you said something and it turned out as "other language"...it was complete chaos lol and that day made me add closest friends in rs in messenger list since we all thought it was permament.

I regret i didnt store screenies from that day it was alot of fun to try out all dirty words how they came out in game...and laugh my "bucket" off :P

I started back in April 02, I wish i took more pics on rsc... though i do have 1 stat pic, but from late rsc. I did a lot of fishing too, back then it was much harder, and the big deal about the fishing guild was the whole 1 click lob fishing thing. My final fishing level was 80, and it was pretty much my only money maker (I was so poor back then :x )

As for other memories... i remember when you could pick a 'class' (adventurer... would get like a bronze axe, wizard... would get like some runes, archer.. .some arrows, and so on), r2h's costing about a million (a LOT back then), i remember tks being the number 1 overall for a while, me making a huge deal over dragon axes and dragon ammies when I first became a member, people getting scammed when dragon long/dragon axe looked like bronze stuff, a bug where a zamorak mage or whatever would appear in lumbridge by the castle, some people died, herbLAW, cheap items which are 'the rares' now, the mask and santa drops, people with dragon meds were either rich or lucky, the complaint over fatigue, and RS just being harder to level in as a whole.

I could mention even more memories too... RSC was a pretty cool game.

sig3bh7.png

I know a few good names that might stir some memories:

xXCavalierxX

Omegawytch/56Warrior

Galaxyg

Absolute legends.

~Ian

Cav might of been one of the most persuasive people that I had ever come across. He managed to convince the entire rs community that he only autoed in order to identify other autoers :lol: :) The funnier part was that so many people forgot about all the accusations of him autoing

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

I remember when Runescape was new enough that there wasn't a new post like this every week. :wall:

At some point there was 1 post like this a day :wall:

since this isn't a banned topic I decided to post something.

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

I do indeed remember as far as when all the graphic updates for lumbridge, sarim and falador did not exist; robe bottoms and skirts were very large; 2h swords were held the same as a longsword and female characters looked for the most part, the same as a male character.

oh man...i started in august 2001...right around the time runite was introduced into the game.....was there for p hat drops and had like 5 full sets...(sold my last blue for like 10m back in rsc).....ate my fair share of pumpkins and easter eggs......have a santa that i picked up on the drop date...have scythe....remeber the times when pking was a skill and "catching" was what made a good pker and not how many buddies you have with you.....bought my first r2h for 1 million :P...i miss the old times...started (new) runescape at level 99 combat.....

Spitfire 18

Combat 122

Total 1776+