The adventurer's guide to killing quest bosses

mario_sunny

I've noticed in most of the tip.it quest guides that when it comes to killing bosses it barely gives you any information on how to actually kill it. Some may just say "use melee", or "bring good food", or some just say "kill it". While on my quest to all quests completed, I noticed this when fighting certain bosses. It made me quite mad that the quest guide mentioned barely anything about killing barrelchest- which I heard from my friends is quite a challenging boss with constant 20-25's. Luckly my friends just told me to use a whip, but your friends won't always be there when you seek some boss advise.

Now I thought... how about a quest bosses guide? Being master of quests, this could be a great guide to make. There is also the disadvantage of the questcape, it means you've already done all the quests and I probably didn't take any pictures of the bosses.

That's why I would need alot of help with pictures and information. Some fights I have completely forgotten, some I remember clearly. This would be a huge project, it might even match my abyssal guide, which has exceeded the word limit for it's first post(I didn't even know there was a word limit until then!).

Now I am wondering, is this a good idea? Would you find it helpful? Would you help with the information and pictures :P ?

Preview of starting guide:

Quest

Text

Text

Text

Side notes:

-(A) = As many as you can stuff in your inventory(usually food)

-Inventories here do not mention quest items, you should be aware of any quest items you might have to bring into battle

Contact!

(Quest guide)

Giant Scarab(level 191)

(Bestiary)

Suggested stats

•  
    [*:2douj65n]50+ defense

[*:2douj65n]50+ attack

[*:2douj65n]50+ strength

[*:2douj65n]43+ prayer

Suggested equipment

giantscarabequipmx4.png

•  
    [*:2douj65n]
Dds

[*:2douj65n]Whip > dragon scimitar

[*:2douj65n]Full black dragonhide > red > blue

[*:2douj65n]Rune kite

[*:2douj65n]Helm of neitiznot > beserker helm> rune full helm

[*:2douj65n]Strength amulet

[*:2douj65n]Armored boots > climbing boots

[*:2douj65n]Armored gloves > Klank's gauntlets

[*:2douj65n]Ring of life

Suggested inventory

giantscarabinvto0.png

• [*:2douj65n]
Ectophial > Teletablets

[*:2douj65n](A)Tuna potatoes > sharks > monkfish

[*:2douj65n](1)Super attack potion> attack potion

[*:2douj65n](1)Super strength potion > strength potion

[*:2douj65n](1)Super defense potion> defense potion

[*:2douj65n](2)Prayer potions(4 dose)

Attacking

Monster attacks with: Melee, Mage, Range

You should attack with: Melee

*starting off monster picture*

Start off the battle with your dds equiped and turn on protect from melee. The main boss(giant scarab) only attacks with melee and mage, but as you progress in the battle you will find yourself battling all three types of combat. For now though just use protect from melee and your dragonhide should protect well against magic attacks. Also before the battle drink all of your potions.

In the beginning of the battle you should use all of your dds specials, trying to poison the boss if you can. It's okay if you don't, it just might be a little helpful. Once your specials have run low you can switch to your main weapon. Now some people here turn on the additional str and attack prayer, but I have beaten it easily without them, besides, they suck your prayer like crazy. If you feel like you shoul use them though, be prepared to drink your prayer potion alot.

Start whipping/d scimmying your way through the boss, he should hit 0's and then a rather large number near the 20's. Right when you get hit I suggest you eat your food, as it is usually followed up by another large number. Don't freak out when fighting this boss, it might seem really powerful but you will think at the end how easy it was.

*middle of fighting boss picture*

At some point through the battle a strange monster should appear beside you. These "servants" that the scarab has hit just as high as the scarab. It might seem like an impossible fight, but the weakness actually lies in the servant's hp. Ever servant you will encounter there will only have 20hp, something you should be able to kill in 1-3 hits. The minute you see one of the servants spawn go after him or you'll be stuffing sharks down your throat. There are three types of servants, and they all have different forms of attacks; one with melee, one with mage, and one with range. Once you have killed them, focus your attention back on the boss while occasionally checking your prayer points.

If you ever feel as if you are dying during battle go ahead and don't be afraid to click your one click teleport.

Continue the process of killing the boss and the servants when they pop up until you see the scarab kneel before you in defeat. Congratulations.

*boss with complete red bar over head*

Haunted mine

(Quest guide)

Treus Dayth(level 95)

(Bestiary)

Suggested stats

•  
    [*:2douj65n]50+ defense

[*:2douj65n]50+ attack

[*:2douj65n]50+ strength

[*:2douj65n]40+ prayer

Suggested equipment

dyathequipmentnl6.png

•  
    [*:2douj65n]
Dds

[*:2douj65n]Whip > dragon scimitar

[*:2douj65n]Full rune

[*:2douj65n]Helm of neitiznot > rune full helm

[*:2douj65n]Rune kite

[*:2douj65n]Strength amulet

[*:2douj65n]Armored boots > climbing boots

[*:2douj65n]Armored gloves > Klank's gauntlets

[*:2douj65n]Ring of life

Suggested inventory

dyathinvio8.png

• [*:2douj65n]
Ectophial > Teletablets

[*:2douj65n](A)Tuna potatoes > sharks

[*:2douj65n](1)Super attack potion> attack potion

[*:2douj65n](1)Super strength potion > strength potion

[*:2douj65n](1)Super defense potion> defense potion

[*:2douj65n](1)Prayer potion(4 dose)

Attacking

Monster attacks with: Melee, Range

Before you start this battle, even enter the room, drink all three of your potions.

The second you pick up the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åinnocent looking keyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a guide so don't post here yet.

Though, it sounds like a good idea. If written well, Tip.it may even include your writings in their quest guides.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Not a guide so don't post here yet.

Though, it sounds like a good idea. If written well, Tip.it may even include your writings in their quest guides.

I'm going to transform this into a guide soon if it gets good feedback, where else would I post this? General p2p? Seems odd to post a soon to be guide there...

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'm looking forward to what you have to share. I've been deciding whether to write one like this or not, but I haven't done nearly enough quests. If you need pics from p2p quests that I haven't done yet, let me know.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I'm looking forward to what you have to share. I've been deciding whether to write one like this or not, but I haven't done nearly enough quests. If you need pics from p2p quests that I haven't done yet, let me know.

That would be great :P

Try to get pictures with no private messages and you striking the boss with your weapon when it is at about end or mid health.

dangsig.png

I got my quest cape at level 68, I have never seen anyone with a lower combat level wqearing it. I can't even wield a whip or drag weapons, and have found most of the quest guide help to be inadequate in that category.

For example I did roll Romance at level 38 and almost died because of the multiple attack styles.

This guide would be helpful, but really for me all the guide would need to say is to find the best combat outfit and mage away.

well pictures can be obtained from beastary (sp)

contact! - mage the boss from behind the dead body

my arms big adventure - i used melee armour with protect mage

cant think of any others

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

cant think of any others

I'm looking for quality pictures, not with the background taken out but with the actual fighting. Thanks for the information though. :)

dangsig.png

cant think of any others

I'm looking for quality pictures, not with the background taken out but with the actual fighting. Thanks for the information though. :)

how can we get pics.... we done those quests years ago...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i have a few bosses that could be explained a bit better in tipit quest guides...

monkey madness jungle demon:protect from mage and attack with range or mage if your mage is nice and high. stay at the border of the hole in middle of the room so the demon gets stuck in a corner like this: "D" stands for demon and "Y" for you

D___

|___|

Y___|

as the demon is like 3 or 4 squares wide he will get stuck and you can safely range/mage him. if youre fast enough you could use no prayer pots at all! i personally used iban blast with a not-so-god mage outfit and 1 prayer pot dose.

Desert Treasure Shadow Warrior (Damis): the guide says that you should bring tons of ppots and protect from melee while killing him. I say theres a method that uses 2 doses ppot without a safespot (i dont know if theres a safespot, as with a horde of monsters chasing you its hard to concentrate)

Use Protect from melee or the skeletons and hounds will kill you in no time. stay away from Damis, snare/entangle, attack with your nice earth spell, when he moves again, get away from him and snare again. i used no food, 2 doses ppot and had to drop a shark to be able to pick the diamond ::'

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

The Monkey Madness Fight is so overated. I should know I did it about one month ago.

STATS REQUIORED:

40+ Range

37+ Prayer

First off you will need around 20-30 arrows full prayer, some food and a couple of anti poisons. There is no reason to bring ppots.

Hide behind the fence and wait for the gnomes to kill him. Get in a position where you can see the demons hp. when he gets really low (around 10 hp left) run out turn mage pray on and finish him. This way you don't need ppots.

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

is the contact fight hard?

If you don't know what you're doing, yes it is. The trick is to kill it's little servants, they only have 20hp but they hit really high on you and deplete your sharks like crazy.

Also thanks for the information ^

dangsig.png

Actually, I was having trouble trying to figure out what the Ice Troll King would be like from both tip.it and salmoneus's guides. All I could figure out was:

-kill

-these guys hit hard with mellee and will throw you across the room

-bring a dds

-this will be the hardest experience in your life

That was useless. When I actually went to kill it, I just whipped it dead. I used more food killing 10 trolls and getting to the caves than I did with this king... and no, it didn't hit me a single time with mellee <.<

And then during monkey madness, near the end, I was killing the spirit thing (forget its name). Well, most guides I read say "kill it" and there's a better way (posted on Salmoneus's site). You walk on the bridge, wait for the 10th squad to get it low on hp, then go in and just spec it dead with a dds... Why would I waste all my food if I could simply do that?

So this would be a great guide. Really helpful for me and other a bunch of other people.

Contact! -

43+ prayer strongly reccomended

Suggested Equipment:

full proselyte/full drgonhide/full initiate

meelers:dds+whip/dds+d scimmy/dds+mace(pray bonus)/dds+any d wep/any

rangers:rune or addy+Msb/crystal bow(expensive,but powerful) a + would be a dds,it helps alot.

mages:any spell of your choice, not much to say. a dds is a +, it helps alot.

( i would stick to meele but hey, its your choise.)

Inventory:

a few prayer pots, a super set and food ofcourse.

dds.

the fight:

you focus on killing the giant scarab, but he spawns 3 servants, one meeler one mager and one ranger. the mager is the strongest.

you use meele prayer so there is no need to kill the meele servant, but the mage can hit hard and the ranger can too(i know this because.. well lets say 20-17-20-5-19=dead :oops: ...), so its better to kill them fast.

the mage first if you have proselyte/initiate and ranger first if you have dhide.

they will spawn back unless you kill the scarab fast enough, just kill them again and back to the giant scarab. when ints dead the others will dissapear and the quest will go on.

if you feel that the mage is owning you, switch to magic prayer and own him, the scarab uses a mage attack when he cant reach you,i think(confirm this, i think i did this and it worked well)

i might add some othe quest beasts later on, give me credit whent this is in AoW :roll: .

Thank you everyone, I think I have plenty information on contact :P

I am really looking for pictures now and more boss information.

dangsig.png

mad that the quest guide mentioned barely anything about killing barrelchest- which I heard from my friends is quite a challenging boss with constant 20-25's. Luckly my friends just told me to use a whip, but your friends won't always be there when you seek some boss advise.

ya i agree i fought it with liek 10 lobbs and a str,att,and def pot i almost died :ohnoes:

yes, please do make this guide I am about to do Hero's and this qould be very helpful! :)

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

Starting guide:

Quest

Text

Text

Text

Contact!

(Quest guide)

Giant Scarab(level 191)

(Bestiary)

Suggested stats

•  
    [*:325u41zr]50+ defense

[*:325u41zr]50+ attack

[*:325u41zr]50+ strength

[*:325u41zr]43+ prayer

Suggested equipment

*picture of equipment menu*

•  
    [*:325u41zr]
Dds

[*:325u41zr]Whip > dragon scimitar

[*:325u41zr]Full black dragonhide > red > blue

[*:325u41zr]Rune kite

[*:325u41zr]Strength amulet

[*:325u41zr]Armored boots > climbing boots

[*:325u41zr]Armored gloves > Klank's gauntlets

[*:325u41zr]Ring of life

Suggested inventory

• [*:325u41zr]
Ectophial > Teletablets

[*:325u41zr](A)Tuna potatoes > sharks > monkfish

[*:325u41zr](1)Super attack potion> attack potion

[*:325u41zr](1)Super strength potion > strength potion

[*:325u41zr](1)Super defense potion> defense potion

[*:325u41zr](2)Prayer potions(4 dose)

Attacking

Monster attacks with: Melee, Mage, Range

*starting off monster picture*

Start off the battle with your dds equiped and turn on protect from melee. The main boss(giant scarab) only attacks with melee and mage, but as you progress in the battle you will find yourself battling all three types of combat. For now though just use protect from melee and your dragonhide should protect well against magic attacks.

In the beginning of the battle you should use all of your dds specials, trying to poison the boss if you can. It's okay if you don't, it just might be a little helpful. Once your specials have run low you can switch to your main weapon. Now some people here turn on the additional str and attack prayer, but I have beaten it easily without them, besides, they suck your prayer like crazy. If you feel like you shoul use them though, be prepared to drink your prayer potion alot.

Start whipping/d scimmying your way through the boss, he should hit 0's and then a rather large number near the 20's. Right when you get hit I suggest you eat your food, as it is usually followed up by another large number. Don't freak out when fighting this boss, it might seem really powerful but you will think at the end how easy it was.

*middle of fighting boss picture*

At some point through the battle a strange monster should appear beside you. These "servants" that the scarab has hit just as high as the scarab. It might seem like an impossible fight, but the weakness actually lies in the servant's hp. Ever servant you will encounter there will only have 20hp, something you should be able to kill in 1-3 hits. The minute you see one of the servants spawn go after him or you'll be stuffing sharks down your throat. There are three types of servants, and they all have different forms of attacks; one with melee, one with mage, and one with range. Once you have killed them, focus your attention back on the boss while occasionally checking your prayer points.

If you ever feel as if you are dying during battle go ahead and don't be afraid to click your one click teleport.

Continue the process of killing the boss and the servants when they pop up until you see the scarab kneel before you in defeat. Congratulations.

*boss with complete red bar over head*

dangsig.png