The adventurer's guide to killing quest bosses

mario_sunny

Anyone know how to kill the boss in The Haunted Mine?

I have been stuck on that quest a couple of days now.

I'll see about writing a section about that. If I remember correctly you just need alot of food, the projectiles cannot be avoided by any prayer. It's an annoying fight, but eventually you'll kill him.

EDIT: Guide is up

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple way to kill Fareed in Desert Treasure:

Armour: Bring the best mage protection you've got (to ill his magic damage), and don't forget that facemask.

Bring a little food (5 sharks is more than enough, I took less than 10 damage), some prayer pots, runes for Water Blast, Ice Gloves and a dds. And the warm key to open the door, of course. If you don't have Water Blast, Water Bolt will do.

Also, there will probably be some empty vials from energy pots and a tinderbox in your inventory, if you've just finished the torch race for the key. Don't worry, this fight is by far the easiest one in the entire quest.

When you open the door, turn on Protect Melee. Poison him as quickly as possible with that dds, then spam your water spells in his face. He should die very quickly, and the Diamond of Smoke is yours!

Monkey Madness: Jungle Demon

Equipment: Any combination that gets your Range and Prayer bonuses as high as possible, the best Ranged weapon you've got, a heck of a lot of ammo of two or more types (I'd reccommend at least 500-1000 per stack for ammo in case you have the misfortune of missing a whole lot), and the 10th Squad Sigil.

Inventory: 10 or more Prayer Potions (4-dose), maybe 5-10 good food items (Swordfish and up are OK)

The reason for having 40 doses of Prayer potions is because you don't know how many you're going to use, so you should bring a bunch. Minimal food is required for this fight as long as you have run energy. A decent Range level is a must; I did it with ease at 52 range with a Yew shortbow and Mithril arrows, dressed in full blue dragonhide with a regular leather Coif and Snakeskin boots. This of course for the range bonus.

The fight: Once you're ready to go, double-check that your prayer points are full or better (boost at the Monestary if needed!), and make sure you have a good amount of run energy. Turn your run ON, and turn Protect from Magic ON, then equip the 10th Squad Sigil. You will be teleported into the arena, and the Jungle Demon will be on you IMMEDIATELY.

Run to the nearest bridge as soon as possible; there are four bridges, one in each of the cardinal directions. Because the demon's melee damage is very high and he could spawn right in your face, the very first thing you should do is go for the nearest one and stand in the middle of it; there are traps on the other side, but the bridge is safe. Once there, heal up if needed.

Because the bridges are narrow, the demon cannot attack you with melee while you are standing on them, and he will rely on mage. Keep your prayer points up while you throw range attacks at him (be it arrows, bolts, or even chinchompas!) from the middle of your chosen bridge, and DO NOT turn off Protect from Magic, or he will hit you hard.

The gnomes will help you throughout the fight, but will not distract the demon enough for you to run out and grab your ammo. Make sure you have enough ammunition to last you through the fight, and remember not to move from the bridge until the Demon is dead. If you run out of one stack of ammo, switch to a different type and keep your assault up. Eventually the demon will die a horrible horrible death.

Lythiaren.gif

good so far...maybe the RFD dudes? although tip.it has its own guides for each boss

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

just a thing and i know it may sound really easy but exact info on all legends monsters like 3 nezichened demon fights and dead warrior fights for the more worried questers who want to do it

oh yeh and swan song cud be included cause thats hard

basic equpment cud be

best melee stuff

dd poisoned

best wep

then loads of food in invent plus basic equipment for a level 170

troll queen

attacks mage and melee use mage prayer cause she hits higher with it

dragonmguthan,sonnorcteer.gif

monkey madness. serverly over rated

i juyst used msb and stood a little way away, it will only melee if u get close. so magr pray on and range him from newere

also, when i do contact ill take some pics for you

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

the pic made me laugh irl! :lol:

--

when i did haunted mine i first tried meeling.i died... -.-

then i tried ranging him. .. guess what, i died... -.-

then i tried maging with chaos spells. i died again.. -.-

then i tried zamorak flaming him. i had him red barred. then i died.. -.-

and last i tried iban blasting him. it worked! i didnt even use all my food, and i took loads of 20+. \'

Iban blast owns him. give it a try.

You have my blessing for this guide. :P not that that means much, but still. I love the idea. A lot of people do not know what to expect. Although it would take away the excitement.

I like it. The Scarab was well explained. Although I think there is a 'general outfit' for each TYPE of boss.

Like a good Mage outfit

A decent melee outfit

A prayer outfit

A outfit which protects you from magic attacks

A outfit which protects you from melee.

Those things.. ;) good luck on it

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Here are some bosses you could go into very good detail explaining how to defeat: Also you could show pures or people with disadvantaged stats to beat them.

Desert Treasure

*Damis

*Dessous

*Kamil

*Fareed

RFD Fights

*Agrith-Na-Na

*Flambeed

*Karamel

*Dessourt

*Gelatinnoth Mother

*Culinaromancer

Fremenick Isles

*Ice Trolls

*Ice Troll King

Fremenick Trials

*Koschei(multiple levels)

My Arm's Big Adventure

*Baby Roc

*Giant Roc

Monkey Madness

*Jungle Demon

Legends

*Nezekchened(Multiple times/forms)

Swan Song

*Sea Troll Queen

Shilo Village

*Nazastarool(Three undead monsters with forms)

Royal Trouble

*Giant Sea Snake

Great Brain Robbery

*Barrelchest

good so far...maybe the RFD dudes? although tip.it has its own guides for each boss

I mentioned in the main post about why I was writing this guide. Perhaps you... skipped over it?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I can definitely see this becoming a great guide, and probably being added into the actual Tip.It quest guides if it gets good enough.

only problem is we need to get some pics, which will be difficult unless we have experienced players do it on new accounts.

P.S. Ill try to get some pictures, but ill only be able to get the pics of new quests (stupid qp cape :XD: )

newsignature1fs8.png

i disagree about the scarab. i couldnt beat that thing 4 times with melee and the 4th time i tried i died. 89 cb by the way

what i found useful was iban blast

i stood as far away from the scarab as i could, top right of screen, i was on bottom left

put on protect from mage/range (i dont remember which) and hit it with iban blast, becasue your so far away the servants dont show up

i killed it with 15 iban blast in full ghostly

maybe it was just me

Tip.it's official Ninja

I just whipped the scarab to death with melee protect. Although the mage and range servans did hit me nice round 20's. What I found out is you should SWITCH OFF Auto retailiate. Not once have I found my character running for a minion after eating a shark/drinking a pot. Frustrating!!! That actually wasted my food, because I moved away fromt he scarab and he started hitting me with his magic. I nearly died once! Phew... Still, a relatively easy fight. I had much mroe trouble in the Haunted Mines, by the way :XD:

Game_Proffy.png

I like the idea - you'll get no argument from me that many guides (on many fansites) do not give enough info on the final fights.

When the quest was first released, the guides for Monkey Madness specified that he could hit you for 25-30, but somehow over time some good info has disappeared (at least from Another Fansite, not Tip.It).

However, there are a few difficulties with the way you are executing your concept. It's important to focus on the information that is common to everyone, because different approaches work for different players depending on their skill levels and available equipment.

I think one problem with new player-made quest guides is they tend to be written by higher level players - I can't tell you how many times I've had to ask that "weapon and armour" be added to a guide written by a level 115 who can basically walk into any situation with absolutely no equipment and still walk away alive, lol.

At any rate, my first point is to focus on what the monster does and his characteristics, which can also be hard to figure out.

I've read that the Jungle Demon from MM has high magic defence - no idea where that info came from nor whether it's correct. That's something one learns from reading many posts from many players. When I fought him my range level was pathetic, probably 38 or 40 - so I used quite a few prayer potions to keep my protection up as I plinked away at him with my lousy mithril arrows, lol. I'm surprised now that he didn't leave out of sheer boredom (as Koschei the deathless later did to me - 3 times!)

I recall that the Slug Prince from Slug Menace turned out to be 100% immune to range and magic attacks, with an actual Jagex message popping up on the screen, but the first people who did the quest just meleed him so it wasn't well-known. That info got added to the guide.

The Crew is always eager to add UNIVERSAL information on monster fights to the guides. Even some really common strategies that work. But it's hard to sort out stuff that will work for MOST players from stuff that worked for the unique skills of the person posting it. Kinda need to know what skills you had at the time, etc. And that's another tidbit - you've no idea how many people still think you can safespot Damis (of Desert Treasure) from behind a torch that Jagex took out over 18 months ago. Yeah, the age of info is a continuing problem.

So. I like your idea. I like the group participation. Sorting the wheat from the chaff is going to be an issue, and separating out the characteristics of the MONSTER's attack and defence from a good player attack/defence strategy is difficult. Generic info such as "jungle demon attacks with both mage and melee and can hit you for 25-30 damage; it is well-defended against magic", "wear range armour and pray against melee" and "attack monster using range" is what I'd want to see/use, rather than a lengthy list of possibly equipment tradeoffs. If you can start each monster section with those three things summarised (the monster's combat/defence characteristics, the best player defence, the best player attack), I'd be happy.

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

mario_sunny,

Recently I've been working my way through Desert Treasure and I've been posting my Boss tactics on another thread. Here's my input on how to beat Fareed, Dessous and Damis. When I get around to fighting Kamil, I'll post the info. If you like the way I've formatted my text, you can use it as is but please put me into the guide credits.

The below tactics require a reasonably high Prayer level and access to many quest related items such as the Ectophial, Lunar clothes, Chaos Gauntlets, and Anti-Dragonbreath Shield.

Spell Usage Note:

If you cannot afford Death runes for Blast spells, you can alternatively use Chaos runes for Bolt spells. To augment the effectiveness of Bolt spells, use the Chaos Gauntlets obtained from the quest The Family Crest. Chaos runes are by far, less expensive than Death runes and a decent levelled Runecrafter can make a small batch relatively easily, especially with the new quest What Lies Below.

General Equipment:

The following equipment is a guideline on what you can use and substitutions.

- Lunar clothes > Wizard clothes

- Legends cape

- Anti-Dragonbreath Shield

- Helm of Neitiznot

- Chaos Gauntlets (if available)

- Ring of Life

- Holy Wrench (if available)

- Amulet of Power > Amulet of Defence

- Staff of Air, Water, Earth, Fire

- Runes for your best elemental spell (Blood > Death > Chaos > Mind)

- A form of 1-click teleport such as Ectophial or Lletya teleport crystal

Equipment Note:

If you do not have Lunar robes or cannot afford a Mystic set, you can settle for "normal" wizard robes. You can buy wizard robes from the fancy clothes store of the following cities/towns: the Grand Tree, Relleka, and Canifis. Also, substitute an Amulet of Defence in place of the Amulet of Power to further boost your Defence bonuses. If you do this substitution, put in all effort to use your best spell against the Boss you're fighting, even if it means putting a dent into your wallet!

Always bring any 1-click teleport, such as an Ectophial or the Lletya Teleport crystal. That way you can get yourself to a bank or pull yourself out from a near death situation. A Ring of Life does NOT always work!

-= Dessous =-

Dessous is supposedly weak against Air-based spells.

Using Canifis as your "homebase", equip yourself as recommended above and add in the following.

Specific Equipment:

Runes for an Air spell

Two 4-dose Restore Prayer potions

Blessed pot filled with garlic and spiced blood

20 Monkfish (or your best food)

Tactics:

Turn on Protect from Melee since Dessous can hit 20s with his melee attack. Don't worry about his range or magic attack since it only hits 5s. Your food will keep you alive from his range/magic attack.

When you're psyched up and ready for the fight, turn on Protect Melee and use the Blessed pot on his coffin. A small animation will occur, so start attacking him with your best Air spell. He will continuously attack you with his range/magic attack and it will hit almost once every two seconds. Keep an eye on your health and heal whenever your health is around 30 or 35; you don't want to risk dying!

Go back to Malak to get the Blood Diamond and bank it in the Canifis bank.

-= Fareed =-

Fareed is definitely weak against Water-based spells.

Using Nardah as your "homebase", equip yourself as follows. Remember, you're in the desert so you'll always need waterskins. This part also assumes you've managed to get the Warm Key by lighting the ancient torches in the Smokey Well dungeon.

Specific Equipment:

Face mask (buy from a slayer master)

Runes for a Water spell

Two 4-dose waterskins

Two 4-dose Restore Prayer potions

Warm key

10 Monkfish (or your best food)

Tactics:

The fight with Fareed begins as soon as you step through the gate. Turn on Protect Melee and walk through the gate. Fareed will start attacking you so simply attack him with your Water spell to send him to oblivion! Your Water spell will make short work of him and you will not take a scratch with your Protect Melee activated.

When you've killed Fareed, pick up the Smoke Diamond and bank it. It's quite a walk through the Smokey Well dungeon to Nardah, so teleport out to your nearest bank. You do NOT want to risk bumping into the Mysterious Stranger with the Dragon Dagger!

-= Damis =-

Damis is weak against Earth-based spells.

Specific Equipment:

Ring of Invisibility

Runes for an Earth spell

Holy Wrench (if available)

5 Monkfish (or your best food)

All the 4-dose Prayer pots you can hold, at least 10 for good measure

Tactics:

Prior to walking into Damis's chamber, activate Protect Melee. As soon as you enter, you'll be attacked by Giant Skeletons, Shadow Hounds and Damis's first form. Attack Damis and move back into the corridor that lead to his chamber, such that you are out of the multi-combat zone. Damis will follow you down the corridor and now you can handle him in a more reasonable manner.

Cast your best Earth spell at him so that you'll kill him as quickly as possible. Damis's first form is cakewalk but be prepared for his second form!

Now, Damis is in his second form, continues to melee attack you and can now drain prayer points extremely quickly! Keeping an eye on your Prayer points, drink a dose of Prayer potion everytime it drops below 30, if you only have lvl-43 Prayer. Use your best judgement to keep your prayer points as high as reasonable. Note that by the time you finish drinking one dose of Prayer potion, he's already drained 5 prayer points.

Once you've managed to kill Damis's second form, pick up the Shadow Diamond, teleport out and bank the Diamond.

-= Kamil =-

Kamil is weak against Fire-based spells.

Specific Equipment:

Runes for a Fire spell (Fire Bolt + Chaos Gauntlets)

Runes for a few Trollheim Teleports (2 Fires, 2 Laws each)

14 Tuna potatoes (or your best food)

9 4-dose Restore Stats potions (regular will do fine)

3 4-dose Prayer potions

Tactics:

This is assuming you've gotten pass the Ice Trolls that were blocking the ice tunnel in the first area. Turn on Protection from Melee and walk through the pack of Wolves. Once you're passed the Wolves, Kamil will appear on your map and begin attacking you. You should immediately drink a Restore potion and commence your attack!

Kamil will attack you with both magic and melee skills, which his spell will freeze you! Your main concern should be your attack skills because they will be gradually drained. It is very unwise to let your magic skill drop below your ability to cast Fire Bolt, so keep it near your maximum by periodically drinking a dose of Restore potion. Depending on your magic level, it would be a good idea to drink a Restore potion dose whenever your magic drops by 10 points or more.

Since you're using Fire Bolt in combination with the Chaos Gauntlets, you will have an easy time defeating Kamil in a minute or two. Once you defeat him, he will drop two Chocolate Cakes and a Super Restore potion.

Proceed up the mountain, walk up the ice path with your [bleep]ed Climbing Boots and free the Ice Troll Mother and Father. You'll have a small conversation with them and they will teleport you back to the Ice Troll Child. The Ice Troll Child gives you the Ice Diamond. Teleport to a bank and store your Ice Diamond.

Done! Since this information only concerns the Boss Fights, I won't be discussing the Pyramid part of Desert Treasure. Enjoy!

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Damis should deffenitly be done with protect from melee and entangle/snare and earth spells. It makes the fight incredible easy.

Personally I suggest monk robes and best mage attack on the other spots, I easily made it that way.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

i just beat swan song, a tip for the boss is DONT USE MAGIC! i went there with 50 wind waves, only got down to 2/3 health.

melee, however, seems extremely easy, as is shown in this pic (yes, i used salmon :XD: )

*bad internet connection, ill edit in the pic later today*

another tip is, when you get within melee range, she stops draining prayer, and her melee attack is very weak, so use mage protect.

i like it, i did contact with fire wave because i got tired of it with melee and i owned it. Oddly enough, only the ranging locust rider appeared. Oh well, anyway...great in depth guide mario.

I'd add the sea troll queen from swan song as well.