What the hell happened to me?

hellbellz

Well this pretty random, but I want some answers. :P

One day, I wake up everything is fine. I take a shower, brush my teeth, etc. Get a Vault, hop on the bus to school. First bell - PE. I'm perfectly fine, playing basketball easily, running, nothing out of the ordinary.

I go in the locker room get changed back and it hit me. I was just putting on my shirt, and my right side of my perifial vision was blury. :-k I was scared, so I just closed my eye 'til I got out of there. I walk down the hall, I feel dizzy. I can hardly make it up the stairs without tripping.

Second bell - Spanish. I put my head down the whole time, I think I got a detention or something, forget. Bell 3 - English. As my hall goes on a locker break, I lean back on my locker, sitting down. I get in class, feel like total [beeeeeep]. I go to the nurse, tripping litteraly over things not even a centimeter high. I got to the office, they say I'm fine and wait 'til lunch is over until I come back. Barely walk up the stairs without stopping, to throw up. I got in the classroom, eventually throw up randomly after about 5 minutes, into the trashcan thank goodness.

So what the hell happened to me?

Summary

Normal day.

Normal PE bell.

Feel like crap, dizzy, and everything is blury.

Throw up. All I drank was Vault... :-k

Edit: Thanks to the awesome knowledge of Off Topic community for giving me non-general P2P posts. <3:

One day, I wake up everything is fine. I take a shower, brush my teeth, etc. Get a Vault, hop on the bus to school. First bell - PE. I'm perfectly fine, playing basketball easily, running, nothing out of the ordinary.

You mentioned your own problem right there. Energy drinks will crash you.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

have you been getting enough sleep?

That'd be my bet. How many hours do you average a night?

I've had the exact same thing happen to me when I skipped a night of sleep :-w .

EDIT: Lol Vik, I was going to say that exact thing. My lack of desire to scare him out of drinking the stuff stopped me though :lol: .

Still, Vault is evil :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You mentioned your own problem right there.

The problem is..? I used to drink it atleast a bottle a day. I drink it a lot when I'm physicaly active, such as going to the skatepark.

@ Reb - around eight roughly.

Have you been doing drugs?

(I suppose Vault counts...)

If it happened only once, then I wouldn't worry too much until it happens again. That's when you worry...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

i have the same problem with my vision occasionally, i think it stems from a lack of nutrition, so i go eat some carrots and bananas with some tea, and it seems to heal it. For my anyway...

blurry + really sensitive to light

i have the same problem with my vision occasionally, i think it stems from a lack of nutrition, so i go eat some carrots and bananas with some tea, and it seems to heal it. For my anyway...

I don't eat lunch or breakfast and have bad nutrition, but I've never had this problem. :-k

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I don't eat lunch or breakfast and have bad nutrition, but I've never had this problem. :-k

i dont either, i only eat supper.

i do eat school lunch, but i dont think that counts much for nutritional value :uhh:

- Food poisoning? :-s Seriously doubt it, you would have had more concentrated symptoms.

- Lack of sleep? Don't think so. Lack of sleep rarely causes vomiting, and while it can cause blurriness in vision it would happen to both eyes, not one, and this only happens when your at rest and fighting the urge to sleep (aka sitting in class, struggling to keep your eyes open). If you just finished gym class and were walking you would not be on the verge of sleep. Thirdly, you would know if you were that lacking of sleep. If you were so tired you had a hard time focusing on walking, you would know it. We're talking like being 36-48 hours without sleep, that kind of tired. I take it you didn't feel that tired.

- On and off dizziness, blurred vision, and vomiting are textbook definitions of low blood pressure. This is further supported by the fact that you just finished gym (blood pressure is lowering after you finished the work out), and you had an energy drink (which really affects your epinephrine levels)

Happens to me all the time, but then I just have inhumanly low blood pressure.

I'm curious. How low is low?

Blood pressure is measured in two number, like "120/75"

Good rule of thumb: If the 2nd number (the smaller one) is higher than 90, you have high blood pressure. If the 1st number (the larger of the two) is below 90, then you have low blood pressure. :wink:

These aren't the textbook definitions, but I find them to be easy to remember and quite accurate. Blood pressure levels fluctuate during the day, and vary day by day. The next time you feel kinda like you did ask the school nurse to take your blood pressure, it only take about 30 seconds and will tell you a lot more about what the problem is and how to treat it.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

If "Vault" is an energy drink, then yeah, I would bet that. Energy drinks in the long run aren't very healthy, they contain a lot of sugar and acids, and can really burn people out. Maybe it isn't the cause, but I've had 3 energy drinks in my life, all 3 of which got me really sick. Maybe it's just me. :-k

If you don't eat anything before/after you drink an energy drink there is a chance you will throw up. This happens to a lot of my friends not sure about the vision part though.

cyco_1.jpg