Walka92's Guide To Trawler. Solo and team!

walka92

SOLO/TEAM TRAWLER

~!Intro!~

This is my first guide...so be nice

welcome to my guide for doing the fishnig trawler

soloing trawler is easy .many regard this task as impossible, but its not. its much easier, infact

most think its harder solo due to the fact they always go with a team, and more people causes more leaks. so they end up having water come in faster.

~ TABLE OF CONTENTS ~

intro - 1.1

where it is - 1.2

how to get there and requirements - 1.3

what to bring - 1.4

trawler interface - 1.5

fixing the holes and net - 1.6

when water comes in/bailing - 1.7

failed trip - 1.8

completed trip - 1.9

your catch - 2.0

FAQ - 2.1

Solo vs team - 2.2

(use ctrl+f and search the number next to the section you want)

Where Is It?

the fishing trawler minigame is located in port kazard, which is between yanille and ardougne. it has 2 general stores that will sell you what you need for each game. so take money

here is a picture of the loaction of the port

khazard.jpg

hm the full size link isnt working...meh. u can see it well enough, right?

How To Get There + Requirements

Requirements

15+ fishing. the higher the better

a good agility lvl to recover run energy fast

a good crafting lvl to fail net fixing less

money for supplies

a fast, non-laggy computer

How To Get There

1: tele to ardougne and walk south. plague city quest required

2: tele to yanille via house or watch tower and walk north

3: tele to cw with dueling ring. walk n/e

4: use lunar spell to teleport right outside it (VERY USEFUL!) the teleother version can help if you have a team and fail the game(explained later)

5: Charter ships

When wearing the ring of charos, and having done Cabin fever, the prices for chartering are :

Port Sarim : 320 (real cheap)

Catherby, Brimhaven, Karamja, Shipyard : 400

Port Tyras : 800

Port Phasmatys & Mos'le harmless : 1025

and they are a very fast way to get to the port

What To Bring

here is a picture of what to take:

trawlerinventory.jpg

also wear:

spotted/spottie cape(hunting)

boots of lightness (temple of ikov quest)

penance gloves (barbarian assault)

glory/dueling ring (crafting)

NO heavy armour or weapons. they are un-needed and increase weight[/b]

Trawler Interface

pay attention to the parts of the screen labled in the picture. they show you all you need to know about the current game

3.jpg

light blue: water lvl. keep this low so you dont sink

red dots: where water leaks can be

bright green: to the net

dark blue: your catch. the bigger the number, the better

pastle green: time left in game

orange: net condition. if its red, fix it, green, its fine.

brown: ropes for net

black: bailing buckets. NOT NORMAL BUCKETS!

dirty tan: swamp paste. NOT TAR!

Fixing Holes And Net

theres one question quite alot of people ask me about trawler.

do i fix net or holes first?

fix the holes. then net. then, if needed, bail. this way, you stop water coming in, and you are catching fish for longer. and bailing comes last because it is the least important of the three, though that doesnt meen you dont do it

When The Water Comes In

here is a picture of the ship once water comes in:

4.jpg

when that happens, start bailing when the net is fixed and there are no holes.

click on the bottom bailing bucket, it will fill the bucket at the top of your inventory, then keep clicking to fill. do this as fast as you can.

once they are full, click the full buckets to empty them. you run over to a side of she ship to empty them

if you see a leak, plug it immediatly, then go back to bailing

Failed Trip

if you should happen to fail a trip, and sink, you end up in the middle of the sea, on the sunken shipin the water

find the barrel and click on it to swim away. note, there are a few barrels, but only one works.

once you use the barrel, you end up near the dwarf, thurgo, south of port sarim.

if you wish to go back for another trip, use you glroy or dueling and head back.

a failed trip will deal a small amount of damage, but it will not kill you

Completed/Successful trip

to complete a trip, you will end up back at the port. go to the bank deposit booth. it is deposit only, so you cant take out money, buckets etc. deposit buckets and ropes, then head over to the fishing catch net.

DO NOT CLICK THE NET THEN CLICK AWAY. IT WILL DUMP YOUR CATCH AND ALLOW OTHER TO STEAL IT...IMMEDIATELY!

right click withdraw all on the fish you want. you can also get junk, but i leave it.

Your Catch

the higher lvl you have in fishing, the better the fish you will catch. i am 74 fishing and this is an example of my general catches:

trawlercatch.jpg

the lvls to catch special trawler fish are:

turtle: 79

manta ray: 81

FAQ

q1: how often do you do trawler?

a1: once or twice a day

Q2: can i come and do trawler with you?

a2: after reading my guide why dont you try to do it solo? i dont go with other ppl unless they can catch the best fish, either

more to come

Solo Vs Team

here are some pros and cons for teams and solo

Solo

pros:

less leaks

your mistakes dont harm other people

cons:

you need to cover the leaks, net fixing and bailing all by yourself. it can b hard sometimes

less fish are caught

Team

pros:

more people for more jobs

more fish are caught

cons:

more leaks are caused with more people(1 per person at a time, ie, wen a leak springs. there is 1 per person. 3 ppl=3 leaks

you can get confused with what you are ment to be fixing, and it might be done after to lnog for not know whos job it is, wasting time or games

the guide can be applied for team or solo, but mainly solo

thanks for reading my guide, any updates are welcome and constructive criticism welcome

trawler is fun but underrated, so i wanted more peopl to play

if you read it all, thats good =D>

also, rate my siggy quote, i rekon its quite funny. its off the rs official forums rants

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

pretty nice guide, try to fix the pixtures though they are to small :wall:

i know. uhh......i used the upload thing on this site and it came up with them. help plz?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

nice guide mate! :thumbsup: =D>

For the pictures I use photo bucket, and they turn out full screen, so maybe try that out

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

nice guide mate! :thumbsup: =D>

For the pictures I use photo bucket, and they turn out full screen, so maybe try that out

i heard of photobucket...never used tho

ill try another day when im using my computer (im using a friends right now)

alot of ppl dont know that less ppl cause less leaks, but its true

wen i solo...most leaks at a time is like..3

during team trips a side can have like all but 3 holes open at a time

so that means that the best way to do trawler is either

1: beeng solo, for few leaks, or

2: beeng so many, that the amount of leaks can't encrease anymore?? (like the trawler events here)

right?

please rephrase that?

no one likes my guide? :( :cry:

I tried this guide out first time i was in a group but it seemed no one except me had brought much swamp paste.

Second try i lagged

Third try i i ran out of rope half way thourgh and ran out of swamp paste with lonyl a minute to go and i managed to win by the skin of my teeth :D

I got to collect my prize and its 10 oysters 2 anchovies and a pot. :x

So this guide effectivley works even though trawler doesnt (or is it because i have 32 fishing?)

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

I tried this guide out first time i was in a group but it seemed no one except me had brought much swamp paste.

Second try i lagged

Third try i i ran out of rope half way thourgh and ran out of swamp paste with lonyl a minute to go and i managed to win by the skin of my teeth :D

I got to collect my prize and its 10 oysters 2 anchovies and a pot. :x

So this guide effectivley works even though trawler doesnt (or is it because i have 32 fishing?)

its coz u have a low fishing lvl

also, another reason i dont like teams is relying on other ppl :|

you kno if the ship is more full with water then it goes down lower to the better catches like the manta rays and sea turtles

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

you kno if the ship is more full with water then it goes down lower to the better catches like the manta rays and sea turtles

didnt know that

ill add it wen i get a chance

Very good guide! :D

I wasnt aware the fishing trawler was soloale. :shock:

But you did forgot a thing or two.

The absolute best way to get to the fishing trawler is to charter a boat. So when you want to go to the trawler either ecto to port Phasmatys and charter ( Fast, but costy) or head to a port if its faster.

When you fail, you end up near port sarim, so all you have to do is run there and charter a boat to the trawler.

When wearing the ring of charos, and having done Cabin fever, the prices for chartering are :

Port Sarim : 320 (real cheap)

Catherby, Brimhaven, Karamja, Shipyard : 400

Port Tyras : 800

Port Phasmatys & Mos'le harmless : 1025

With only a requirement met its twice the price, with none its 4 times the price.

You also made a little error here :

note, there are a few buckets, but only one works.

(arent they barrels?)

And there is absolutely no capitalization in your guide.

Final Rating : 8/10

Good guide! :)

Edit : Wow me! Way to post a constructive reply :XD: I think I have too much time on my hands. ::'

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

It's a really good guide. I didn't know that trawler was solo-able!

If you use imageshack for the pics, just go into the coding and remove a piece that says ".th". That puts the pic as a thumbnail.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

You also made a little error here :

note, there are a few buckets, but only one works.

(arent they barrels?)

And there is absolutely no capitalization in your guide.

Final Rating : 8/10

Good guide! :)

Edit : Wow me! Way to post a constructive reply :XD: I think I have too much time on my hands. ::'

oops, i ment barrels. my bad there

thanks for reading. i will add charter ships and fix barrel/bucket bit

fixed

thanks for your replies every one. im going to fix pics later. i tried earlier but made my comp lag to mcu while uploading

heh np

(for those wondering, i gave him a brine sabre at the rogues den, when i saw him)

nice guide

7/10 , all you need is a bit more editting.

Agreed. Fix the BB and use photobucket. The images are way too small. Have what you need to wear as a pic. Change some of the lighter (re:bright yellow) headings.

Not a very appealing look, but the information seemed overall solid.

6/10

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

sorry..........bb? wat is that? and i will filx images wen i get a chance, but my comp is kinda....dead