Easter and Chickens?

hcriorix

For the last 2 years, the easter reward was something related to a chicken. I dont really see the correlation between a chicken and easter? Could someone please explain? lol.

Also...Discussion on wheither they will continue the trend of chicken-related items next year

tipitavimw4.jpg

Actually, for the past 3 years.

2005: Rubber chicken

2006: [Chicken] Egg ring

2007: Chicken costume

I have no idea why they use chickens. Why not just make a rabbit costume?

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I think the chicken is what people think about when they say "silly". I mean, what's funnier thatn chickens, right?

I think that that's what easter has com e down to now a days (no offense to any Christians who are die-hard Easter people): silliness. The main figure of Easter is a giant pink bunny rabbit who hands out chocolate eggs which are colored in various fun colors. Obviously, Jagex feels the need to continue this trend of silliness by adding chicken themed rewards.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. (At your own risk. :twisted:)

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

For the last 2 years, the easter reward was something related to a chicken. I dont really see the correlation between a chicken and easter? Could someone please explain? lol.

just watch south park for all ur questions :XD:

Actually, for the past 3 years.

2005: Rubber chicken

2006: [Chicken] Egg ring

2007: Chicken costume

I have no idea why they use chickens. Why not just make a rabbit costume?

yeah, thats what I'm trying to figure out...whats up with all the chicken theme, why not use something else related to easter?

Personally, i think that they will have to do something different, because they have ran out of chicken stuff.

tipitavimw4.jpg

eggs and chicks are symbols of new life

I usually eat the eggs. What does that symbolize?

You're destroying life. You should be ashamed. :shame:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

guys guys guys...

here's the relationship between eggs and rabbits...

well, actually, i'm not gonna say a Peep! ha ha ha...some people would get offended heh heh...

well, it involves the hare club for men, southpark..heh heh.

Sorry, anyway, chicken is something you eat during easter i think, plus it's a very springy animal, and lays eggs, which evidently, are a big part of easter.

Easter in jagex and the corporate world's eye is now a celebration of sugar and preservatives and spring and happy things. Not Bill Donahue and ninjas...which i seem to prefer :anxious:

i second that
autoersigho4.png

Easter is supposed to be something about new life in general (not going into res-erections or anything) I know what you're thinking keep it to yourself

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Why not just make a rabbit costume?
If they make a rabbit costume, they would have to leave off the ears to avoid angering those with bunny ears already. If they leave off the ears, that may anger many who get the costume... It is a simple lose-lose situation. Of course, this is just my opinion in the matter.

Personally, i think that they will have to do something different, because they have ran out of chicken stuff.
Don't be so sure. They could surprise you next year...

As for chickens and Easter, the connection is simply the eggs, in my opinion.

Easter = Christian event.

Christian event = Jesus's death

Jesus's death -> Jesus's rebirth

Jesus's rebirth = New life/Rebirth

New life/rebirth = egg

Egg comes from chicken.

Chicken = Bringer of new life

Bringer of new life = God. Or the force. Some divine power.

OR

CHicken = Funny symbol for Easter where we eat chocolate eggs....

Eating chocolate eggs = Eating new life. :shock:

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

lolz true true

that episode was soo funny!(Not recommended with a person that does not own a modenr sense of humor. Senses of humor are availible at CJ's Flea Market for only $5,99) :-s

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

lol...this just gave me an idea...

maybe for next year's event, they will have 2 things for the event, and you have to pick which one you get. If you pick the chicken, you get some chicken-related thing, if you pick egg, you get some egg-related thing.

Don't be so sure. They could surprise you next year...

As for chickens and Easter, the connection is simply the eggs, in my opinion.opinion.

Hm...maybe a ring that turns you into a chicken? I would love running around lumbridge with that...

tipitavimw4.jpg

eggs and chicks are symbols of new life

I usually eat the eggs. What does that symbolize?

That symbolizes that you probalby not beivelies in Jesus...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak