Medical Marijuana?

minerjimmy

Well, i'd like to hear some thoughts from the older members, no offense to the younger ones but the younger ones either don't have the right thoughts, take smoking too extreme, or are just plain dumb about this kind of stuff.

Well my thoughts are this:

I think medical marijuana should be legal state-wide. I was listening to the radio and i guess New Hampshire is now trying to pass a bill legalizing marijuana for medical use. Now, how California has it set up is they have 'clubs' for this. You need a Doctor's note in order to get a membership at any of these clubs. Arnold has done a real good job organizing it and has worked out very well. Now, with the government being able to override whatever Arnold does (almost), the DEA has been raiding these clubs and shutting them down and shutting down the medicine alot of people actually need. Now, i know most of you are gonna be like 'MARIJUANA IS BAD IT'S A DRUG', please don't speak unless you have some knowledge in this field.

Discuss!

tifsbti6oi.gif

Well, i'd like to hear some thoughts from the older members, no offense to the younger ones but the younger ones either don't have the right thoughts, take smoking too extreme, or are just plain dumb about this kind of stuff.

Way to stereotype. BTW the bolded part just described pretty much every parent, to an extent. :wink:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Well, sometimes people seriously need it. I heard that it prevents from some diseases in your eyes, or ears. I'm not exactly sure. Marijuana is actually one of the most thereputical things in the world when it's not contaminated with stuff such as sharpie, or whatever.

Weird, I was thinking about making a similar topic 10 mins ago.

Personally, I think it should be legal period. I mean, smoking is legal and so is drinking. And just incase some people didn't know, drinking kills more brain cells than weed.

Look its rob!

Well that is the sterotype. Look at it this way: MOST of teenagers/early adults smoke mainly because friends do it, and they wanna fit in and get pressured. Most don't know the culture of it and how positive it actually is. Also a good source for info if anyone is curious, http://www.norml.org

tifsbti6oi.gif

Well, sometimes people seriously need it. I heard that it prevents from some diseases in your eyes, or ears. I'm not exactly sure. Marijuana is actually one of the most thereputical things in the world when it's not contaminated with stuff such as sharpie, or whatever.

It prevents blindless and cancer. Forgot which type of cancer :wall: . Also a little story:

My friend david was diagnosed with cancer last year. For a month straight, he puked had severe pains. They gave him marinol, for those who don't know it's simply a THC pill. For those who don't know what THC is, it's the chemical in weed that gets you 'high'. Ever since he started on those, doctors saw immediate recovery. He said he almost felt no pain and was no longer throwing up all day. Needless to say, he made it through cemo (sp), back in school and is doing great.

tifsbti6oi.gif

It prevents blindless and cancer. Forgot which type of cancer :wall: . Also a little story:

My friend david was diagnosed with cancer last year. For a month straight, he puked had severe pains. They gave him marinol, for those who don't know it's simply a THC pill. For those who don't know what THC is, it's the chemical in weed that gets you 'high'. Ever since he started on those, doctors saw immediate recovery. He said he almost felt no pain and was no longer throwing up all day. Needless to say, he made it through cemo (sp), back in school and is doing great.

If a THC pill does the same as pot does, why not just pop a pill? More convenient... Unless you like smoking a bong or something. I've got nothing against medical marijuana myself, as long as we can keep perfectly healthy stoners looking for an excuse out of the system so it dosen't clog it up for people who really do need it.

Well that is the sterotype. Look at it this way: MOST of teenagers/early adults smoke mainly because friends do it, and they wanna fit in and get pressured. Most don't know the culture of it and how positive it actually is. Also a good source for info if anyone is curious, http://www.norml.org

Way to again generalize teens. Most teens do it actually because they want to or because it helps relieve stress now a days. And no, I don't smoke or do drugs of any type.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

If a THC pill does the same as pot does, why not just pop a pill? More convenient... Unless you like smoking a bong or something. I've got nothing against medical marijuana myself, as long as we can keep perfectly healthy stoners looking for an excuse out of the system so it dosen't clog it up for people who really do need it.

Well marinol is synthetic meaning it's not 'true'. Marinol doesn't get you 'high' as pot does. Plus, try getting ahold of it. Most teenagers don't care about the positive medical effects, they just want to get high. And the problem is, almost anyone can get a doctor's note. I've seen doctors hand them out for 'migrains' and stuff like that.

tifsbti6oi.gif

Personally, I think it should be legal period. I mean, smoking is legal and so is drinking. And just incase some people didn't know, drinking kills more prain cells than weed.

True, also the Over-dose rate for alcohol is much higher than MJ.

Alcohol is 1:10, or around that area..

and MJ is around 1:4000 or 1:40,000

I forgot which one, but still shows how much worse booze is than smoking. the only reason alcohol isnt illegal is because everyone would start rum-running again, and would proove pointless to even try to illegalize it.

Personally, I think it should be legal period. I mean, smoking is legal and so is drinking. And just incase some people didn't know, drinking kills more people than weed.

Fix'd. :wink:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

besides the fact that its not nearly as bad for you as alcohol..

they should legalize it, there would be less crime, and less money spent by the government/tax payers to prevent it.

besides the fact that its not nearly as bad for you as alcohol..

they should legalize it, there would be less crime, and less money spent by the government/tax payers to prevent it.

We should've done this with guns years ago, then we'd be like Switzerland and have a very low crime rate.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Michigan is trying to get MJ legalized, probably to tax it though. I personally think it should be legalized, with restrictions though.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Michigan is trying to get MJ legalized, probably to tax it though. I personally think it should be legalized, with restrictions though.

Yea, I forgot about that. I wonder how it's going. Go Michigan!

Wow, a positive thing about Michigan, wow that's rare.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Way to again generalize teens. Most teens do it actually because they want to or because it helps relieve stress now a days. And no, I don't smoke or do drugs of any type.

Its really not that hard to say no. I don't know why people think it is. I have been to plenty of parties where I have been offered things and just said no, and their like okay.

cyco_1.jpg

Well marinol is synthetic meaning it's not 'true'. Marinol doesn't get you 'high' as pot does. Plus, try getting ahold of it. Most teenagers don't care about the positive medical effects, they just want to get high. And the problem is, almost anyone can get a doctor's note. I've seen doctors hand them out for 'migrains' and stuff like that.

I had to take Marinol during my chemotherapy for nausea and it worked wonders. I don't doubt that it's not too hard to get some from a doctor, but that stuff is very expensive and you're not gunna get your insurance company to pay for it if you just have a headache.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Legalizing pot right now would be impossible. Right now anti smoking activist are getting cigarettes banned EVERYWHERE. If the public had knowledge about drugs then it might pass because weed has shown to cause very little brain damage

If anyone here has seen the Penn & Teller BS episode about drugs they will know that the United states DOES have a medical marijuana trial going on right now. Weed is provided to a group of people freely and legally for trials. Its perfectly legal for the people in the program to smoke a joint outside of the White House. Now THATS hypocritical.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Legalizing pot right now would be impossible. Right now anti smoking activist are getting cigarettes banned EVERYWHERE. If the public had knowledge about drugs then it might pass because weed has shown to cause very little brain damage

* Marijuana can be used as medicine, cigarettes more likely as an antimedicine.

* Marijuana doesn't cause physical addiction, cigarettes do.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

* Marijuana can be used as medicine, cigarettes more likely as an antimedicine.

* Marijuana doesn't cause physical addiction, cigarettes do.

I know, but the public is completely ignorant to that. They preach 2nd hand smoke and how its hurting our air, but they fail to realize that their car gives off more pollution in 10 minutes than a years worth of cigarettes

I had to take Marinol during my chemotherapy for nausea and it worked wonders. I don't doubt that it's not too hard to get some from a doctor, but that stuff is very expensive and you're not gunna get your insurance company to pay for it if you just have a headache.

Well, i'm not talking about marinol, just simply MJ itself for medical use, which is definetly way cheaper but you can get a club membership for just about anything.

tifsbti6oi.gif

If a THC pill does the same as pot does, why not just pop a pill? More convenient...

As far as I'm aware, drugs taken orally take longer to take effect than drugs taken via smoking or insufflation. Eating space cakes also has a different effect to smoking a dooberry too.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg