Medical Marijuana?

minerjimmy

Cannibis should never be legilised....Here are a few reasons why

1) Cannibis has 100% linked to Schitzophrenia....and also paranoia! If Smoken to extreme....and yes I am 17, I boy in my year smoked it....Alot yes...but now he suffers from schitzoprenia at the age of only 18 :cry:

2) People who take Cannibis think "Yeh this drug is cool etc...Then most people will move onto harder drugs (I know not everyone but I have first hand experience....Not me but I dont want to go into it for personal reasons)

Although saying this I defiantely do think It should be allowed for Older people who suffer from pain....Who actually anyone who does...As long as it is persrcibed.

1) Cannibis has 100% linked to Schitzophrenia....

Wrong.

Cannabis use is generally higher among sufferers of schizophrenia, but the causality between the two has not been established.[68][69]

This is why drug threads always go down the pan: there's always someone spreading misinformation and propaganda like Achilleus here.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

I'll go out on a limb and bet if pot were legalised, there would be far less problems with it. People seem to think of the law as some sort of taboo barrier or something. It's amazing how it can shape some people's perceptions.

1) Cannibis has 100% linked to Schitzophrenia....and also paranoia! If Smoken to extreme....and yes I am 17, I boy in my year smoked it....Alot yes...but now he suffers from schitzoprenia at the age of only 18 :cry:

Schitzophrenia goes in genes and it usually appears for men around the age of 20. Most likely your friend just belongs to the minority which has wrong genes. You also seem to miss the thing that using it as a drug is totally different than abusing it.

What about cigarettes? It's proven that they cause cancer, yet they are legal. Which one is more lethal, cancer or schitzophrenia? What about alcohol? It also causes a lot of serious damages to your body, yet it's legal. Also both of those drugs cause physical addiction, unlike cannabis. If you now get into the mental addiction, you should think this: everything can be mentally addicting. Some people are addicted to reading. Some are addicted to sex. Some are even addicted to Runescape or even worse: Scapeboards. Should those be forbitten? No.

Edit: And that port theory from cannabis to harder drugs is false. First of all cannabis doesn't have anything that would make go for stronger stuff. If it did, it would be a miracle. People jump from cannabis to stronger stuff just because of 2 things.

* Dealers are luring them for stronger stuff. In this case it's someone else or the situation that make one go for stronger stuff, no the drug he has been abusing.

* Usually those who use illegal drugs, no matter is it cannabis, lsd or peyote, got the habit of abusing things. In this case it's the person that makes himself go for stronger stuff, not the drug.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

How come all the dutchies aren't insane and their society crumbling away?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

1) Cannibis has 100% linked to Schitzophrenia.

That is an absolutely outrageous claim :lol:

I'd just like to say though, to the people saying "Alcohol's worse, and that's legal, why not MJ?", well, it may be worse, but it doesn't mean MJ isn't without its badside too. And plus, they tried to ban alcohol once before, remember? :P

To be honest they may aswell legalise it. It isnt really as bas as alcohol or smoking however most people have a cigarette in with the weed unless someone would smoke it pure which is pretty daft.

And also i dunno about other countries but over here (UK) police will only confiscate it and won't bother pressing charges since it is too much paperwork (as long as you have a reasonabloe amount). Most of the time they dont even search people, they just confiscate what they see.

So basically it should be legalised because all those weed smokers would just be providing more tax revenue for the government which is only a good thing so they could either lower other taxes (unlikely) or increase public spending slightly alothough it wouldn't really make that much of a difference.

And if people are stupid enough to smoke alot of it then its their own fault if they go scitzo or anthing like that - alot like smokers now with lung cancer.

So all im sayiong is that if people want it, they can get it pretty easily even though it is illegal so it should just be legalised completely, not just for medical use (although it should have a bit of a tax break for that).

iteme3721.jpg

Right now people here who want to use marihuana for medical purposes just go to coffeeshops like the recreational users. I think it'd be better if medical marihuana could be grown under governement supervision. That way quality can be controlled and the mariuhana can be obtained directly from the doctor or pharmacy. Since recreational users have their coffeeshop, we don't have to worry about them trying to get access to the medical stuff.

I'd just like to say though, to the people saying "Alcohol's worse, and that's legal, why not MJ?", well, it may be worse, but it doesn't mean MJ isn't without its badside too. And plus, they tried to ban alcohol once before, remember? :P

By giving people another drug, we could reduce the usage of alcohol. Like you said, it is/may be worse than cannabis. If you ask me, from that view it would be logical to allow it. Same time goverment would get more taxes from selling cannabis. That money could be used on different rehab projects or so.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I'll go out on a limb and bet if pot were legalised, there would be far less problems with it. People seem to think of the law as some sort of taboo barrier or something. It's amazing how it can shape some people's perceptions.

Same thing happened when alcohol was illegalized in America. The crime rate skyrocketed, and there were more abusers than ever. Then they re-legalized it, crime rate drops, less abusers.

Anyways, the Drug Enforcement Agency has been quoted saying: "In its natural form, (cannabis) is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known."

Some antiemetics tests show these results:

Conclusion: cannabis is far superior to the best available drug at the time of testing, Compazine, and smoked cannabis is clearly superior to oral THC. "More than ninety percent of the patients who received cannabis... reported significant or total relief from nausea and vomiting". No major side effects were reported, though three patients reported adverse reactions that did not involve cannabis alone.

Conclusion: 90.4% success for oral THC; 66.7% for smoked cannabis. "We found both marijuana smoking and THC capsules to be effective antiemetics. We found an approximate 23% higher success rate among those patients administered THC capsules. We found no significant differences in success rates by age group. We found that the major reason for smoking failure was smoking intolerance; while the major reason for THC capsule failure was nausea and vomiting so severe that the patient could not retain the capsule.

------------------------------------------------

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_marijuana

------------------------------------------------

No, I have never used marijuana or any other illegal drug.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

I'm all for Medical Cannibis, but full legalisation shouldn't be given, it's too dangerous

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I think it's ludicrous that marijuana for medical reasons isn't legal everywhere when things like morphine are in use. There are plenty of drugs more dangerous than marijuana prescribed for ailments, but because the patient is suffering without them the benefit of the reprieve normally outweighs the risks involved.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

Cannibis should never be legilised....Here are a few reasons why

2) People who take Cannibis think "Yeh this drug is cool etc...Then most people will move onto harder drugs (I know not everyone but I have first hand experience....Not me but I dont want to go into it for personal reasons)

Although saying this I defiantely do think It should be allowed for Older people who suffer from pain....Who actually anyone who does...As long as it is persrcibed.

Do you even know what you're talking about? How can something so natural change your body so much that your genes get mixed up and causes something to go wrong? Also, i've been smoking daily for about 4 years and i've NEVER tried another drug nor pill. Also, depending how you ingest the drug, it will give you diffrent highs, last long, take longer to kick in, more powerful etc.

tifsbti6oi.gif

My grandfather was on medicinal marijuana for about six months to a year before he passed away. It helped him greatly - not just in terms of pain relief, but also as an appetite stimulator (really - he probably would not have lasted so long without it, just because he hadn't been eating, even in the hospital. Yes, "the munchies" can be beneficial in a medicinal way.)

So yes, I think medicinal marijuana should be legalized and there is no question of that in my mind.

I also think marijuana should be legalized, period. I won't go into that argument here and now, however.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg