a) Mellee

B) Range

c) Hybrid

vi) What to bring in the Inventory

vii) Method

viii) Tips and Tricks

ix) Drops

x) How not to kill the mole ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ My Video

i) ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s right level 70 people without protect prayers can solo the mole! Admittedly it might not be as profitable but it works and when you get a Dragon Med Helm it really pays off!

ii) Why? Because he drops a nice big red thing that goes on your head, that is worth 400-450k. Because you need seeds. Because you are making Saradomin Brews. Or maybe just for funÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

This is a conversation I had with one of my friends a while ago when I was going for 5 D Meds from the Mole:

Me:Yep IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m gonna get 5 D Meds from the Mole

Him: Why not kill abyssal Demons?

Me: I have Slayer 42 Mate.

Him: OhÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ.

Him: Why Not do Barrows you might get an item as wellÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Me: I only have 37 prayer which is not enough to make barrows profitable

Him: But hang on if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have 43 prayer how are you going to kill the Mole?

Me:???

Him: You need protect from mellee to kill the mole duhÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Me: Ah now thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s where your wrong, read my guide.

iii) What method to kill him withÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Mage

Unless you have mage 99 and have money to burn donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mage himÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Range

Works quite well but a range over 50 is needed and over 65 reccomended.

Hybrid

Works very well Range over 50 is needed 60 is recommended and also an Attack and Strength over 60 will be good (this works well for pures who wear d-hide)

Mellee

a) Hallying

It Works quite well but bring a weapon with a stab attack too for if he digs.

B) Dharoking

You MUST use protect prayers if you are going to kill him this way he can hit up to 23 so itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a must.

c) Just Melleeing

Works well you need to have 60 attack and 65 strength at least.

iv) Do I need protect from mellee?

Use this Questionnaire I madeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

1) Are you Ranging? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need Protect Prayers.

No - Go to Question 2)

2) Are You Melleeing? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to Question 4)

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to Question 3)

3) Is your Hitpoints level above 65? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to Question 5)

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You need Protect Prayers

4) Does your Attack, Strength and Defense add up to 150? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to question 7)

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to question 6)

5) Is Your Attack Level and Strength Level Added make more than 130? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need Protect Prayers

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to Question 7)

6) Are You A Pure? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to question 9)

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really solo the mole sorry.

7) Do You Have Access to Monkfish? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need Protect Prayers

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to Question 8)

8) Do You Have Access to Lobsters? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need Protect Prayers but may feel better off using them.

No ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You need protect prayers.

v) What To Equip

a) Mellee

Warrior Helm > Helm of Neitisnot (sp) > Berserker Helm > Any Helm

Obby Cape > Any Cape

Glory Ammy > Power Ammy > Strength Ammy

Weapon (See Below)

Black D-Hide Body > Any D-Hide Body > Rune Pl8 (DONÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢T BRING) > Monk Robes (Only if you are going to protect)

Rune Defender > Any Defender

Black D-Hide Chaps > Any D-Hide Chaps > Rune Legs (DONÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢T BRING) > Monk Robes (Only if you are going to protect)

RFD Gloves > D-Hide Vambys > Any Gloves

Climbing Boots > Boots of Lightness > Any Boots

Ring of Wealth > Ring of Life > Ring of Recoil

B) Range

Robin Hood Hat > Ranger Helm > Coif > Rune Full Helm

Ava Generator > Obby Cape > Any Cape

Glory Ammy > Power Ammy > Defense Ammy

Weapon (See Below)

Black D-Hide Body > Any D-Hide Body

Black D-Hide Chaps > Any D-Hide Chaps

D-Hide Vambys > RFD Gloves

Ranger Boots > Boots of Lightness

c) Hybrid

Robin Hood Hat > Ranger Helm > Warrior Helm

Obby Cape > Any Cape

Glory Ammy > Power Ammy

Weapon (See Below)

Black D-Hide Body > Any D-Hide Body > Monks Robes (Only If Going to Protect)

Black D-Hide Chaps > Any D-Hide Chaps > Monks Robes (Only If Going to Protect)

RFD Gloves > D-Hide Vambys

Boots of Lightness >Ranger Boots > Climbing Boots

Weapons

Mage

Never Mage the Mole!

Range

Mage Shortbow will do you just fine but have throwing knives if you want.

Mellee

DDP++ is a must.

For secondary Weapon you have choices:

Whip: Fast but doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have a stab attack.

D Long: Powerful but the stab attack is controlled so pures canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use.

Just DDP++: Not Powerful and the Mole can dodge the specials.

Dragon Mace: Works very well for when the mole is digging and has a prayer bonus, but it is quite slowÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Hybrid

Mage Short, DDP++ and one of the Secondary Weapons

Here is what I wear when soloing the Mole.

WhatIwear.jpg

vi) Inventory

Obviously change the weapons depending on what you are taking with you.

Everyone Needs:MoleyEssentials.jpg

Protecting from Melee

Rich

moleyProtectRich.jpg

Poor

MoleyProtectPoor.jpg

Eating

Lvl 70-80

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t try it you are better off protecting unless you are a pure if so see the 80-85 step.

Lvl 80-85

moley80.jpg

YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not gonna make much money from this but if you get a good drop it will be worth it.

Lvl 85-90

moley85.jpg

YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re with the big boys now, the money will come rolling in!

vii) Method

1) Go to Falador Park and Dig on one of the Mole Hills

MoleyLocation.jpg

2) Go to the centre of the cave complex and look for the mole.

MoleyStartLocation.jpg

3) If there are people already there then wait for them to go or World Hop.

MoleyTakenAllReady.jpg

4) DDP++/ Mage Short Spec the mole till he is poisoned.

5) Pull out main weapon and attack him. (There are loads of safespots for rangers)

SafespotMoley.jpg

6) When he is just lower than half health drink pots and D Mace/ D Hally/ Mage Long Spec him as many times as you can.

MoleySpec.jpg

7) If you kill him then you are VERY lucky, if not he will dig away. Follow the route below from the centre to find him (use common sense though: If you can see him head straight for him)

MoleyRoute.jpg

8) If you have a special use it if not hit him with stab attacks or ranged. If he digs again follow 7 and 8 again.

9) When he is dead pick up the loot bury the bones and tele/drink p pots to restore prayer and health.

MoleyKill.jpg

10) Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

viii) Tips and Tricks

1) Use worlds that have between 1500 and 1700 players on them.

2) An Energy Pot goes a long way!

3) The Mole doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mind if you safe he told me himselfÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

4) A Prayer Pot may save your life even if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not Protecting.

5) When the Mole is Digging it can avoid the second hit of a DDP++ and Hally Specials.

6) The Mole maxes a 23.

7) The Mole is weak against stab attacks (common knowledge)

8) Wyson in Falador park trades the claws and skins for birdÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s nests.

9) If you have to share with someone who helped you give them a mole skin because the mole claws give better seeds in the birdÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s nests.

ix) Drops

Adamant Longsword (Common)

Death Runes (7)

Half Keys

Law Runes (15) (Common) (45)

Mithril Platebody

Rune 2H (uncommon IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had 2 so far)

Shark (4) (IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve never had)

Uncut Gems

Air Runes (105) (Common)

Dragonstone (IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had 4 so far)

Mithril Hatchet

Rune Med (uncommon)

Dragon Left Half (a man can dreamÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ)

Amulet of Strength (Common)

Dragon Med (IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had 5 so far but they are very uncommon)

Iron arrow (690) (Common)

Mithril Bar (Common) (On These alone I went from 49 to 51 Smithing)

Oyster Pearls

Rune Spear (uncommon) (Only ever had 1)

Yew Logs (100) (surprisingly common) (I got 1.5k of these from 25 kills)

Blood Rune (15)

Fire Runes (105)

Iron ore (50 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ 100) (surprisingly common)

Mithril Battle Axe

Rune Battle Axe (uncommon)

Rune Bar (IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had 10 so far)

You will always get:

Big Bones

Mole Claw

Mole Skin (1-3)

The Nests contain:

Nothing

Gold Ring

Sapphire Ring

Emerald Ring

Ruby Ring

Diamond Ring

Any Type of Seed but tree seeds and rannar seeds are quite rare.

x) Here is my video of how not to kill a mole enjoy!

Conclusion

This took me 4 hours to do hope you enjoy it and feel free to hyt me if you want. Please post here I will be grateful.

Ty

Blak Blade3

siggy.jpg

Very nice guide, it covers a lot of stuff and I'll use it when I kill the mole.

PS: Its spelled 'melee'. :wink:

~Saruman

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

very nice guide but one problem

Are You A Pure? Yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Go to question 9)

there is no question 9, for the love of god tell me where question 9 is *breaks down and cries*.

im not a pure i just want to know, lol

Proud Member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

MonsterSig1.jpg

Ok, but I must add, ur better off maging him then ranging. Even with rune arrows it almost impossible. Meleeing is fastest as it hits fastest per dig. There are many guides like this already though

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

if he digs the second dds spec does hit him. that is the only time the mole is aggressive after diging because you hit him after he surfaced.

Ah that explains alot to me thanks alot.

And just to prove that ranging works better I will both mage him and range him on the same video

My Mage is 63

My Range is 55

siggy.jpg

Hmm. Your item guide needs ALOT of work. You totally forget stole amulets (If using protection prayers) and furies, fire capes, legend's capes, trimmed skill capes, rune/addy boots (better than climbing). Why is a warrior helm better and a berserker or neitiznot? Why not wear rune armor? (Add these things to your guide) Why is black d hide best? You neglect the Xbow and the Crystal bow. You neglect using your house to recharge prayer and using the fally portal to get to the mole. You also say that you should use your DDS spec, etc. until she is poisoned, but you then say you will be able to use your d mace spec when she is at half health?! Also, I would recommend the D hally spec.

Because there is also a very well laid out AOW guide on this, it has a good chance to be locked, regardless that your's is 'for low levels' (The AOW works for low levels though).

It's a she!!

Just watched the vid, I think you should remove it. It appalls me that you waste prayer like that, use so much food, don't use your method well, don't show how to chase, you die and what's worse it isn't a tutorial on how to recover items, and then you proceed to kill the mole!?! Very weak tactics, very weak vid, very weak guide.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

VERY good guide. Fully researched, tested, hypothesized, etc. Pics are good. I will definitely use this guide when I'm out of money to fuel my construction spree. 10/10, nothing more to add.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

Hmm. Your item guide needs ALOT of work. You totally forget stole amulets (If using protection prayers) and furies, fire capes, legend's capes, trimmed skill capes, rune/addy boots (better than climbing). Why is a warrior helm better and a berserker or neitiznot? Why not wear rune armor? (Add these things to your guide) Why is black d hide best? You neglect the Xbow and the Crystal bow. You neglect using your house to recharge prayer and using the fally portal to get to the mole. You also say that you should use your DDS spec, etc. until she is poisoned, but you then say you will be able to use your d mace spec when she is at half health?! Also, I would recommend the D hally spec.

Because there is also a very well laid out AOW guide on this, it has a good chance to be locked, regardless that your's is 'for low levels' (The AOW works for low levels though).

It's a she!!

Just watched the vid, I think you should remove it. It appalls me that you waste prayer like that, use so much food, don't use your method well, don't show how to chase, you die and what's worse it isn't a tutorial on how to recover items, and then you proceed to kill the mole!?! Very weak tactics, very weak vid, very weak guide.

Okay I need a deep breath!

Black D-Hide is lightweight armour that gives good defence bonuses. Full Rune weighs you down so much you can't run if he digs... so you'll ask why do u need to run? this is because if some noob/anothet mole killer follows you down they will follow you till it is near dead then will run off and find it but meanwhile you can't run so they get your drop... I have lost a D Med doing this... :ohnoes:

Why did I not include the XBow and Crystal bow?

A Birds nest is roughly 1-2k each... you will get 4 max when you kill the mole. How much is it to repair the X Bow or charge the crystal.

I didn't leave out the fact that you can house port to recharge prayer but lumbridge teleporting takes less time.

Warrior Helm helps you to hit more often than Berserker so therefore is better because when he is digging it doesn't matter if you can hit 1 more if you can't hit him anyway.

If you are from lvl 70-90 and you have a DDS this will hit the mole from at the most 3 of it's specs therfore poisoning it.

Climbing boots weigh less and give the same Str bonus.

The reason this topic will NOT be locked is because the AOW uses protect prayers and this one does not.

However the firecapes stoles and furies I will add in.

I don't really care if the mole is a he or a she because the loot is all the same to me.

Oh ant BTW I did that video about 6-7 months ago my new one comes out in 3 weeks.

siggy.jpg

Ok, but I must add, ur better off maging him then ranging. Even with rune arrows it almost impossible. Meleeing is fastest as it hits fastest per dig. There are many guides like this already though

lol i took 300 sara strikes down there once to mess around out of those 300 maybe 30 did any damage at all she has very high mage def and range works best.

Also if u dds her down to half hp just safe her for about 1 min and then fire ur arrows at her once she didnt dig at all when i was hittin her with arrows but you must wait till she is past half hp b/c of poisoning her.

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

i think you should bring a light... and a tinderbox... :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I told people to bring a light and if it's covered then it won't go out... :roll:

look at the backpacks... no lights :wink: and i always needed to relit my lamp... even my bulleye lant...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I told people to bring a light and if it's covered then it won't go out... :roll:

look at the backpacks... no lights :wink: and i always needed to relit my lamp... even my bulleye lant...

Look just above the backpacks at the thing saying: Everyone needs: and then there is a pic of a spade and a bullseye lamp.

Oh and believe me when i say it doesn't put it out; I've killed more moles than you've mined rune ores...

siggy.jpg

on the boots, addy boots and rune boots ALSO give str bonus of climbing boots, AND armour bonus, so id make Rune>Addy>Climb...

Actually, I think you will find if you look on the max hit calc under the special calculator page, that addy and rune boots do not have the same strength bonus. Adamant boots have a +1 strength bonus whereas Rune and climbing boots have +2.

Im back =]

• 1 month later...

nice guide 8/10

im using it at the moment ive only killed like 10 so far.. no d med drop

btw i advise not taking 5 prayer pots, i found that my inventory gets filled up very quickly with all the skins and claws. so i advise probably 2 p pots

ps: i dds spec and use mage short with mith arrows.

• 1 month later...
on the boots, addy boots and rune boots ALSO give str bonus of climbing boots, AND armour bonus, so id make Rune>Addy>Climb...

Actually, I think you will find if you look on the max hit calc under the special calculator page, that addy and rune boots do not have the same strength bonus. Adamant boots have a +1 strength bonus whereas Rune and climbing boots have +2.

He isn't talking about Str. He is talking about defence bonuses.

hopesolopatriot.jpg