pures = pointless?

sirgudi

Rune pures are worthless.

My winning streak against 99 99 45 pures is enourmous. Yes, they hit 36s. But I know when to eat.

Just because a few rune pure's cannot ko you because you "knowing when to eat", most likely eating as soon as you get hit a little bit, you instantly brand rune pures as worthless?

Rune Pures are not at all worthless, they are a very profitable way of pking, and very fun.

That's just plain ignorant... I am not a safer, I eat when i need to. I have pked over 20 rune pures, and got and lost a whip. i've pked more in world 18 than 10-20% of the population has, and I'm well informed of the wilderness rules. And I follow them to the absolute best I can. I'm the kind of person you actually mean the "gf" to.

Don't generalize me as a safer, it's rude and completely off base.

On topic:

Rune pures hit MANY 0s on me.

My attacks are just as considstent as their attacks are high. The fact of them being overconfident with their skills leaves them eating at around 26 hp, and a good spec of my dds almost always cripples them.

I am not saying they aren't fun. but when a 85 85 80 can take you down with 12 sharks to spare, it really is worthless to make money with one unless you plan on fighting complete noobs that don't know how to manage prayer.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pures are good to a certain lvl just like some of you have said but if they get too high and start to battle "mains" or barrow pures they're gona get owned. because I think some1 with stats like 80 80 70 compared to 90 99 1 it just seems like that would make more sense. But thats not to say that pures are pointless they're fun, a good way to take breaks off your main, and if something bad happens like a hack on your main or something its good to have a decent backup acc. so ya pures are weaker at a certain lvl but that doesnt mean they're useless.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Are pures pointless?

With the exception of maybe tank rangers, yeah, I'd say so.

...Plus (drawing this from my in-game experiences), is it me or are most pures (By no means all of them, but a good majority of them) rude and immature? I don't even get close to the rock crabs anymore because of all the annoying things they say in the public chat (but I have to listen, 'cause if I put public chat off, they'll just report me for autoing because I don't respond -.-),

This whole conversation is pointless, pures arnt useless, no char is useless, put the right guy behind a good pure and it will destroy.

Its not the character that counts its the pker behind it.

I get kills on my 74 pure ranger (40 def 92 range)

I get kills on my 96 rune pure (85 att 91 str 45 def)

I get kills on my 78 initiate pure (81att 94str 20def)

I also get kills on my 113 combat main (93 att 94 str 88 def).

I get many kills for every death on every one of my chars, its got nothing to do with the chars and everything to do with knowing when to eat, pot, try for a ko.

In short if you think pures suck you have never fought a good one.

Kryptic--x, hiei the pk, volcanic fox

How come you pures are SCARED of defence?

you call us defence noobs and then ur SCARED of us.

u dont train defence then you moan and fret about people with defence!!!

~~~Gudi~~~

How come you pures are SCARED of defence?

you call us defence noobs and then ur SCARED of us.

u dont train defence then you moan and fret about people with defence!!!

~~~Gudi~~~

Im not even slightly scared of defence, if you wanna fight one of my pures, go ahead ill bury you.

I am not saying they aren't fun. but when a 85 85 80 can take you down with 12 sharks to spare, it really is worthless to make money with one unless you plan on fighting complete noobs that don't know how to manage prayer.

Yes defence does own high attack and strength if you trying to last the other player out. But the pure has superior hitting and koing skills, designed for killing the other player before they can outlast them. I do agree that pures seem to become less useful as they become higher levels, but I make tons of money pking, and I'm fighting pures that are 10x better then my in pking skills, probably better then most people on tif...

I'm sure most of the rune pures that you have fought have killed far more people then you, just because you can outlast them due to your superiour defence, don't instantly brand them as useless and lacking the skill to kill people with higher defence.

Weird, when I'm pking on my rune pure 70 attack, 75 strength, 41 defence at 79 combat, I'll barely hit people with like 50 defence.

So I tried some pking on my tank 70 attack, 42 strength 70 defence at 74 combat, I almost get killed by a rune pure with 59 attack and only 40 defence... Is attack really that bad? I think the pking system is moslty luck...

The only people i fear in the wildy are ancient/modern duos, none else can kill me because i dont go above 20 wild and always bring teles (i do go further but only for clue scrolls which i have now stopped doing).

I don't know if a strength pure my level can kill me easily or not, but i do know i have never been bested in melee combat (a mage once ensnared me, teleblocked, sara striked and ko'd me with dds specs but that doesnt really count as melee anyway).

To me it seems that the best way to pk would be to be a hybrid, high range/mage with a dds.

Also i think a lot of pking is down to luck, a good example of this is when i was f2p and in the black knight place and got attacked by someone 10 lvls higher than me (im fairly sure it was 10) i ran from him, then thought no ill fight and hit him really high for 5 hits while he hit 0's. I laughed at him and then he hit me really high for 5 hits and i hit him for 0's, then we hit each other for 0's for a while and we mutually discontinued the fight. This guy should have dropped me because he had every advantage, better stats, armour and weapon and yet after 5 minutes of fighting there was nothing between us. I would say that was lucky (for me :) ).

And after that essay i havent really addressed the point of this thread, as someone wiser than me has already said a charachters ability to fight player vs player comes from the person at the computer, i have seen countless people die in the wildy with lots of food and teleports on them because they havent been paying attention (not lag since they were talking in most cases).

So to summise (and repeat what has been said by others) no charachter is useless based on their stats. Its all down to the player in charge.

by the way you guys talk about pures i doubt you spend much time fighting them...at almost any combat a pure would love to go up against a 'main'

the people who think they are bad probably have only fought 1 itemers, or pc nubs that dont really know how to pk properly

Well if pures are so pointless, why are so many people making them?

If you think history in school is a pointless course, then why is it part of most or all high school curriculums in north america?

untitled6kv7.gif

1 Dragon drop: D med

6 Barrows Drops: Brassy, T hams(2), Karils top, Dharoks legs, Ahrims top

Money lost due to bans, deaths, hacks: 78 mil

Yes defence does own high attack and strength if you trying to last the other player out. But the pure has superior hitting and koing skills, designed for killing the other player before they can outlast them. I do agree that pures seem to become less useful as they become higher levels, but I make tons of money pking, and I'm fighting pures that are 10x better then my in pking skills, probably better then most people on tif...

I'm sure most of the rune pures that you have fought have killed far more people then you, just because you can outlast them due to your superiour defence, don't instantly brand them as useless and lacking the skill to kill people with higher defence.

Fair enough, I agree with your points.

I agree with 123Yourgone, its nothing to do with the stat and alot to do with knowing when to eat, when to pot, and when to use that special attack to ko someone.

I suck on pking no matter its my 105 main or level 50 pure.

Pure is a bit based on luck, even if they lose 90% the time, they don't lose anything. Beside defence is overrated in pking because people wear mediocre armor anyway, if a pure can keep up the pressure of damage he would take no damage. "the best defence is a good offence" Those lvl 70s with 30 30 dds spec can kill alot of low levels with a little over 60 hp.

Also the duel arena isn't the wild lol, you would get owned in the wildy.

Elvemage is a tank, he loses lots when he dies

Kids ranqe is a pure, he can lose to Elvemage 3 times and then get a lucky ko and still make a profit

your gonna die alot as a high level pure but you can still make a profit

Aah so a pure admits they're 2 itemers. Its funny how a pure can try to insult everyone else and wonders why people dont want to fight them often because if they win a dds is the prize, if the pure wins its 300k+ at least.

zerker = 50k

dds = 40k

rune legs = 50k

I see 140k, not 300k :-k

74/80 Attack

93/94 Str

90/90 Range

88/94 Magic

Elvemage sucks as a pker, I'm sorry to tell you..

Yes he might pk a few whips, but the fact is, he is no better than a lurer, he lures green drag killers into attacking them, then he farcasts till they die, pretty sad..

Also, Elvemage loses full mystic, few arrows and runes, how does he lose a lot? Are you stupid?

A 99 99 20 will make an idiot out of 85 99 45 anyday, I'd put money on it.

dragonmranger,Ura%20gonener.gif

ura%20gonener.gif

ura%20gonener.gif

Also the duel arena isn't the wild lol, you would get owned in the wildy.

Elvemage is a tank, he loses lots when he dies

Kids ranqe is a pure, he can lose to Elvemage 3 times and then get a lucky ko and still make a profit

your gonna die alot as a high level pure but you can still make a profit

Aah so a pure admits they're 2 itemers. Its funny how a pure can try to insult everyone else and wonders why people dont want to fight them often because if they win a dds is the prize, if the pure wins its 300k+ at least.

zerker = 50k

dds = 40k

rune legs = 50k

I see 140k, not 300k :-k

u forgot the rest of it...d scimmy/whip, rune plate, glory/strength ammy, sometimes rune boots or obby cape. and people can take full dh, glory, rune boots, whip...i think thats a bit more than 140k -.-

EDIT:

zerker = 60-70k

dds = 45-55k

rune legs = 40-45k

Guest Vod0o

Yes he might pk a few whips, but the fact is, he is no better than a lurer, he lures green drag killers into attacking them, then he farcasts till they die, pretty sad..

Also, Elvemage loses full mystic, few arrows and runes, how does he lose a lot? Are you stupid?

I think half the people that posted in this topic havent even had a high lvl pure. Im 77-88-21 And i rape rune pures when i use whip. Idk, i own 1 def pures to, cause half the time they hit 20-1 specs on my ini while im hitting 25-25 on there monks ^.^.

I think half the people that posted in this topic havent even had a high lvl pure. Im 77-88-21 And i [assault] rune pures when i use whip. Idk, i own 1 def pures to, cause half the time they hit 20-1 specs on my ini while im hitting 25-25 on there monks ^.^.

pures own pures...and by that i mean...anyone under 50 def.

but when they atk peeps with dh....there askin for it.

i disagree with most people that have posted here.

i have a level 60 " pure " account.. its nothing special..

but , its 82 magic \ 74 range.

now , when i go pking , i bring range and magic gear along.

i have pked over 100 dragon scims\drag daggers.

i rarely ever die.. exept to the odd melee pure who gets some lucky specs.

sorry , but.. pures are not usless .. i love pking , and pures are basically pking machines.

<3:

bucksig2lt0.png

1103'rd to 99 crafting

830th to 99 herblore

~!~ Master Merchant ~!~

rofl at all you people saying pures are useless, they own, most are honourable pkers, don't tele, run. They dont train defence, and dont lose alot, and in pking that is quite good, and around high levels they can get owned, but they can own, i.e Finnald and Hiei the pk, in there videos they kill people with 70defence+ and get good loot. Tbh they are good pkers, especially higher levels, so no pures are not worthless imo, and make good money pking. Also rune pures do do well in arena, watch Ashen1shugar's parting video, its amazing.