Pokemon Diamond & Pearl *release*

highlanders

The English version comes out on april 22 in the USA and Canada. For Australia and Europe, it will go out in beggining of june(unconfirmed). It will be for Nitendo DS.

The game will have all the aspects of the newer generation gameboy advance games, aswell as taking back the time-based events of the silver/gold/crystal editions, yay ;)

There will be 100 new pokemons, bringing up the total amount of pokemons to 500, 400 of them which can be caught in the game, making it the pokemon game with the largest amount of species within it.

Some pictures(taken from japanese version):

52oxpj5pv0.jpg

1vrnkpixu7.jpg

3ttq1lzik8.jpg

xliuzr1ff2.jpg

Excited? ;P

More info: http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/

Very nice video(japanese commercial):

trailer for ppl in a hurry :lol:

2480+ total

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably get it, because despite the fact it'll be crap compared to the original few games, it's still a Pok̮̩̉̉mon game, which means a hell of lot to do, which means I can do something when I get bored of CoD2, Zelda TP, Command and Conquer, revising for the ol' GCSE's, etc.

supernovasigst7.jpg

Hmm, I had the fire version on gameboy. Not sure if that's the originals ur talking about. Fire version was almost colorless, everything was brown, and there was a lot less to do. I prefere the new versions if u ask me :? It's a question of opinion I guess.

2480+ total

I have to say, I don't like these new games. I played the old ones when I was little, and when i'm extremly bored, I play my red version. <3: I like silver also.

Now-a-days, there's all these wierd people with white hair, and pokemon that are fire breathing monkies with underwater breathing, hah. No thanks. I'm sure this will be a success, like most of them.

Hmm, I had the fire version on gameboy. Not sure if that's the originals ur talking about. Fire version was almost colorless, everything was brown, and there was a lot less to do. I prefere the new versions if u ask me :? It's a question of opinion I guess.

Well, the first 151 (and at a stretch, most of the Gold/Silver lot) were the best pokemon, but the last few hundred have been TERRIBLE. Poochyena? For gods sake, its just a freaking dog!

You might as well have 3 year olds designing the pokemon in the new games...

supernovasigst7.jpg

I actually played a demo at Wal*Mart, and have also researched both games on serebii before a lot of info was released, probably before anyone looked at it.. Anyway, about the demo...I have to say it was actually really good looking. The landscape hasn't changed much, as it is still in 2d, but partially 3d in some areas/dungeons. The battle system was good, as you used the touch screen to it's full capabilities. I like the fact they bring day/night back, too, but I have to say they want overkill on the watch thing. It can have over 24 installations built into it, over time by beating bosses and such. By putting old game boy games at the game boy part of the DS, it allows a system caleld pal park, were you can choose 6 pokemon a day, but only 6 a day, to put into pal park,. A time limit is set, and you basically get master balls, and catch your imported pokemon.Next, you have game boy installation. By putting fire red, leaf green, emerald, etc. in the game boy, it also put's a few new pokemon within the video game automatically. When you capture one, its the national dex for you!

The Pics shown are awesome, especially Regigigas, which is the best of the regis. To get him, simply trade all of the regis from the previous games and capture him. The creators also are putting in a God pokemon, it's extremely powerful, but they might not let us have it unless we go to an event to get it, like the eon ticket. The God pokemon is great, though; you collect special plates in the game, and once you have him, eqipt him with one of the plates, and he'll become the type the plate is. So, if you had a dragon plate, he would be dragon!

Some bad things to this game is the inability to recieve one of the rarest pokemon, manify. You have to have pokemon ranger to get it, plus to Ds's to trade manify over. As a matter of fact, it's a real pain in the [wagon] to get any rare pokemon, because you have to trade them or go to a special event. Another bad thing, as I see it, is there will be another version, Onyx or something, which will automatically have all rare pokeom and stuff, so spendng 70 USD (or w/e your currency is) because Diamond or Pearl is 35USD and Onyx is 35USD. But I've always hated how they came out with a superior version, it makes me think now why bother getting Pearl/Diamond? Well, to justify that, I always say to myself "If I beat this game and get the superior one, just trade every pokemon you earned to the next one...Voila, power! :twisted: " Lol.

Other cool things to do is unique stuff from other games like design your pokeballs with poke stickers. Like a lightning bolt or a heart, you can stick it to your pokeballs, and when you throw the ball to send the pokemon out, a unique design will light up instead of the pokeball light.

So, lastly, the starter pokeom. Obviously, the fire monkey is my main choice, since he's a monkey AND he's on fire, right? Wrong. Using him, I can beat the crap out of rock type pokeom using his fighting moves, flying using fire, and obviously, fighting with water. Fire, lately in every game ranging from Sapphire to now, is the choice pokemon to get. So my choice will be Chimchar, my flame monkey. I'll be getting it next weekend, I'm actually stocked, it seems very fun, especially since Nintendo actually put a lot of effort into it. I mean, the Pokemon have movement, this hasn' t happened in the inferior games (Meaning a superior version of the two willl come out) before!

Well, to rap up, ya, I'm exited. I've een planned out my choice party: Chimchar, Pikachu (Duh), Regigigas, the God pokemon dragon form (Forgot the name), Palkia (I'm getting Pearl), and, since I'll trade from last gen games, probably Mew, Mewtwo, or Jirachi. Most likely Jirachi, though. I beat a lot of powerful pokemon with Jirachi, that thing is awesome, trust me.

That concludes my review. I would give it a nice flat out 9, it's actually probably going to be the best pokemon game since Yellow, red and blue. :thumbsup: Enjoy.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Sepiroth king, you seem to have the game very sussed out without playing it.

I however, will be going for piplup, as I love the final evolution. However, I will probably borrow my friend Dan's ds, and get both versions for all 3 of them. I think the grass one, this time truely does look aweful. The only time I chose a grass type was chickorita, and I kept that as a bayleef.

http://www.serebii.net has great information about these new games, old games, episodes, and much much more.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

I go on serebii all of the time, so that was useless information for me (No offense).

As for the not playing it part...Serebii shows all, so I studied the most powerful ones. I'm choosing Chimchar because, logically, he would be the most powerful imo. Fighting + fire= very good against all types, fighting against water fire on almost everything else. So I go with logic in the game, sometimes power, since you really have to have power to win. The shows were based on strategy, and in the game, sometimes there is strategies that you must figure out, others not. I don't care what the final evo looks like, imo Chimchar's final evo looks dumb. So I have the game figured out usually before it's even begun. :mrgreen: That's what happened with Ruby and Sapphire; did some research, found those Pokemon, beat the game in a day, started owning all of my friends.

What I hate about battling friends: After they loose, they copy my party. After they copy, they still lose. There is only one friend of mine that doesn't like to find the pokemon by working at it, he get's an action replay, puts the cheat where he can automatically obtain the pokemon, and boost their strengths. He brags, but get's mad when he looses. :mrgreen: After all of the cheating, he now has 99 jirachis and 99 deoxys, his party is all deoxys and jirachi, and thinks he's all powerful. That is, until I or his younger brother own him. :-w

Since I don't know anyone irl getting it and usually my friends and I do the restart and trade so we both get the three starters thing, so I'm wondering - does anyone want to do that over wi-fi with me? When it comes to Pokemon I'm really OCD and if I don't have the three starters it just won't feel right. :P

Since I don't know anyone irl getting it and usually my friends and I do the restart and trade so we both get the three starters thing, so I'm wondering - does anyone want to do that over wi-fi with me? When it comes to Pokemon I'm really OCD and if I don't have the three starters it just won't feel right.

Meh, the penguin and the monkey, fire and water, look best. The grass--No. Anyway, I use to want all three starters all of the time--But then I could never fit any legendary pokemon or anything, so I picked my fav. :boohoo: Good luck with all three in your party (In time you might get rid of two and keep one in time) :) .

I would, but I don't think my WiFi crosses the Atlantic =(
LOL, bubsa, its not like one wave that goes out from your DS. Your DS connects to your wireless internet, and then you use that to connect to other peoples DS'

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I would, but I don't think my WiFi crosses the Atlantic =(
LOL, bubsa, its not like one wave that goes out from your DS. Your DS connects to your wireless internet, and then you use that to connect to other peoples DS'

Ha, oh man I'm a noob :oops: I was even using Opera on it today!