• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosinus
I liked the Red version the best, because of the Rare Candy trick :wink:

I caught Missingno :lol:

Hehe, the good old days. :)

Anyone else that remembers the InfraRed trading in Gold/Silver? I actually managed to fill my room, SNES/Snorlax and you name it. ^^

It's was quite a while since I played any of the Pok̮̩̉̉mon games, but It feels like I just have to buy a DS for this one.

Gotta catch 'em all!

i'm planing on getting diamond but that morning/afternoon/dusk/night/ and something else is going to annoy me to no end :(

that isn't anything new, really...

in a way, the game boy advance titles were actually a downgrade, losing animation and the time feature. the animation still isn't as good as it was then...

i'm planing on getting diamond but that morning/afternoon/dusk/night/ and something else is going to annoy me to no end :(

in a way, the game boy advance titles were actually a downgrade, losing animation and the time feature. the animation still isn't as good as it was then...

its more the fact that certain pokemon come out at certain times and i dont wanna give wait till night to catch a poochyena or something

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

But it makes it more realistic. You wont try to catch a bat during the day outside. Either wait till night or go into a cave.

BTW, Was reading gamefaqs, and today is the day some kinda balloon pokemon goes in front of the wind works near the flower city. So, if you have pearl, go there. Its lve 22 and ghost/flying.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

its more the fact that certain pokemon come out at certain times and i dont wanna give wait till night to catch a poochyena or something

i take it you've never played gold, silver, or crystal?

i did and it still annoyed me! night and day will annoy me a little but FIVE times of the day?!?! :ohnoes:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

[hide=long quote pyramid, beware]

i did and it still annoyed me! night and day will annoy me a little but FIVE times of the day?!?! :ohnoes:

it would've been better if they stayed with morning-day-night and brought the animations back to crystal version quality (more than two sprites for the animation[/hide]

I think im gona get it today for kicks. which version is equivalent to the red versions? or which version is better?

The only real difference between the two is what pokemon and how often you get them. The only big thing that matters is what the legendary is that you get. The one that is on the cover is the one that is in the game.

Other then that, they are the same. I guess Dimond would be like red. Get wi-fi too, as that is the only way to catch them all. If you dont get dimond, you are limited to 150 pokemon (unless you get both versions, plus emerald/sapphire/ruby/firered/leafgreen.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I think im gona get it today for kicks. which version is equivalent to the red versions? or which version is better?

The only real difference between the two is what pokemon and how often you get them. The only big thing that matters is what the legendary is that you get. The one that is on the cover is the one that is in the game.

Other then that, they are the same. I guess Dimond would be like red. Get wi-fi too, as that is the only way to catch them all. If you dont get dimond, you are limited to 150 pokemon (unless you get both versions, plus emerald/sapphire/ruby/firered/leafgreen.)

Thanks. I think ill get diamond then. Yeah i already have a wireless adaptor, but i need to connect it.

happiehour.jpeg

Theyre the same, except for a handful of version-exclusive pokemons.

Diamond's exclusives:

Seel

Dewgong

Scyther

Murkrow

Scizor

Larvitar

Pupitar

Tyranitar

Poochyena

Mightyena

Aron

Lairon

Aggron

Kecleon

Cranidos

Rampardos

Honchkrow

Stunky

Skuntank

Dialga

Pearl's exclusives:

Slowpoke

Slowbro

Pinsir

Slowking

Misdreavus

Houndour

Houndoom

Stantler

Spheal

Sealeo

Walrein

Bagon

Shelgon

Salamence

Sheildon

Bastiodon

Mismagius

Glameow

Purugly

Palkia

Look through the list, choose the game with the pokemons you like the most.

2480+ total

Theyre the same, except for a handful of version-exclusive pokemons.

Diamond's exclusives:

Seel

Dewgong

Scyther

Murkrow

Scizor

Larvitar

Pupitar

Tyranitar

Poochyena

Mightyena

Aron

Lairon

Aggron

Kecleon

Cranidos

Rampardos

Honchkrow

Stunky

Skuntank

Dialga

Pearl's exclusives:

Slowpoke

Slowbro

Pinsir

Slowking

Misdreavus

Houndour

Houndoom

Stantler

Spheal

Sealeo

Walrein

Bagon

Shelgon

Salamence

Sheildon

Bastiodon

Mismagius

Glameow

Purugly

Palkia

Look through the list, choose the game with the pokemons you like the most.

wow i duno even half those pokemon. I guess ill just choose diamond because it seems like nobody likes pearl. Plus nobody likes pearls irl. :P

happiehour.jpeg

I have pearl, its not bad. Although i do admit the diamond legendary looks cooler.

If you get it, and get your wifi up, ill give ya a pokemon to help out. (Wi-fi only works after the first gym).

The good thing about these new games, the AI is actually good. I have to actually think about my moves, and switch pokemon in this one.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

It's actually not hard to get all 3 starters. I've offered pretty weak pokemon for wifi trade for starters and got the two other starters. I just checked a day or two after I made each offer (both under level 10) and received the starter. Then you just give them Exp Share, and the trade xp bonus gets them up to the group level average really quickly, and it'll be like you never missed them.

I was going to import both Diamond and Pearl but a little bird told me I need the GBA and DS games to be from the same region to transfer pokemon. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm not sure if I understand. You mean that in order to transfer the GBA pokemon to the DS games the pokemon need to be from the same pokemon region? If its that, not true. But if you mean like transfering pokemon from a european game from a american game etc, wont work.

Also, the pokemon u transfer to the DS from the GBA games can never go back to the GBA game.

2480+ total

I kinda want it, but only if i can figure out how WiFi works. Im tired of single player pokemon. I want to battle people and trade all over the world!

just like a computer...

you can also trade over wifi

like an auction, but differnt.

Already have it and know how it works :wink: might do good to read on.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

I was going to import both Diamond and Pearl but a little bird told me I need the GBA and DS games to be from the same region to transfer pokemon. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm not sure if I understand. You mean that in order to transfer the GBA pokemon to the DS games the pokemon need to be from the same pokemon region? If its that, not true. But if you mean like transfering pokemon from a european game from a american game etc, wont work.

Also, the pokemon u transfer to the DS from the GBA games can never go back to the GBA game.

Sorry, I meant the country region, not the regions that the pokemon were caught in. I'll just have to wait a couple of months then... :boohoo: