The Pest Control Guide-'Tips and Tricks'-

soulegleon

Very nice guide, but it feels more of a show off of all your items than a guide. I mean a picture with you wielding 100k rune arrows, a picture with you wielding 100k dragon arrows, a picture with you wielding 100k chinchompa's... We get the picture after one picture, you know...

I did read some things I didnt know (like the order of the portals) but in general I got annoyed by the absolute abundance of pictures.

Also, there are faster ways to train combat (zombie monkeys), so the statement in your first paragraph is a lie.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice guide, but it feels more of a show off of all your items than a guide. I mean a picture with you wielding 100k rune arrows, a picture with you wielding 100k dragon arrows, a picture with you wielding 100k chinchompa's... We get the picture after one picture, you know...

I did read some things I didnt know (like the order of the portals) but in general I got annoyed by the absolute abundance of pictures.

Also, there are faster ways to train combat (zombie monkeys), so the statement in your first paragraph is a lie.

For one a picture is the best way to help people understand a guide, if you dont like them look at the graphs and tables that substitute for pictures.

Also PC is still the FASTEST way to get combat exp in the game, my estimates go for people who have average stats (80-90s). At 99s you can get about 110-120k exp an hour in an expert clan. Therefore PC is still the fastest exp in the game (dont question me on the armored zombies, I wrote a guide on them.)

newsignature1fs8.png

Nice guide, I don't agree on the pure section though...

- You need 10 defence for a slayer mask, a one def pure can't use them.

- monk's robe > iron platebody (iron plate wont help that much)

- Gloves: Regen bracelet > mith gloves/combat bracelet

- helm: why a bear mask? I'd go with a sara/zammy/guthix because of the prayer bonus

And for the 1 attack pure section: you can't get climbing boots at 1 attack

because you need to complete death plateau which will get you 1k+ attack xp

For the mage section:

- A sara/guthix/zamorak mitre will give you a better mage and prayer bonus.

- Pures can't use a 3rd age amulet, you need 30 def for those.

(don't know if this has been said before)

looks fine besides that

date_my_bike.png

A picture is good to explain difficult things. However, several pictures, only diferring in one item (the weapon) is a bit overkill IMO. I'd just make a basic picture and add something like: "you can substitute the weapon by weapon x and weapon y if you can't afford it, etc..." . But okay, I'll leave it at that. Great guide anyways, just a little annoyance I had.

Nice guide, I don't agree on the pure section though...

- You need 10 defence for a slayer mask, a one def pure can't use them.

- monk's robe > iron platebody (iron plate wont help that much)

- Gloves: Regen bracelet > mith gloves/combat bracelet

- helm: why a bear mask? I'd go with a sara/zammy/guthix because of the prayer bonus

And for the 1 attack pure section: you can't get climbing boots at 1 attack

because you need to complete death plateau which will get you 1k+ attack xp

For the mage section:

- A sara/guthix/zamorak mitre will give you a better mage and prayer bonus.

- Pures can't use a 3rd age amulet, you need 30 def for those.

(don't know if this has been said before)

looks fine besides that

I know a lot of my pictures are out of date and I very much appreciate this info as sometimes I dont know them and then it can be very helpful! :D

A bear mask is for the defence as you can already get through a game without running out of prayer.

You can get climbing boots with one attack, you just have to buy them off GE

As for the Sara/Guthix/Zammy mitre for a mage you dont even need to have any prayer boosting gear to get through the game with the Mystic Prayers activated.

Again thanks for the feedback!

newsignature1fs8.png

You CAN get them without completing the quest but you need to complete the quest to be able to wear them.

I guess you are right, it used to not be this way.

I stand completely corrected, thanks for the tip :D!

Also to posters ahead, I know stuff about the new Morphic armor and I am testing it.

EDIT: So far to my knowledge of the armor is NOT worth it. If you have some data to prove different I will warmly welcome it as I have only tested the Range set (excluding bow) so I sure of the actions with the scimitar as well.

newsignature1fs8.png

• 2 weeks later...

I like this guide! I did not know about the portal order so that is awesome.

Would you consider splatter bombing a tactic, or just really fun? Also, How would you rate the barrelchest anchor in this game for people who cannot use whip/barrows

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

[hide=]

A quick tip: The void knight is immune to the explosion damage of the splatter. So if the knight's being overrun by shifters, it's not a bad idea to lure a splatter into the crowd of shifters, then killing it.

Also, do you know about luring brawlers to guard the void knight? Basically, whoever gets attacked by a brawler runs back to the center, bringing the brawler with him. The brawler blocks attacks from ranged pests. If you see anyone luring the brawler like this, then please don't kill it. This tactic works well in clan worlds and horribly in themed worlds (because some idiot keeps killing the brawler.)

I'd also (just to be safe) put one guard on the east and west gates. They should just be there to physically block ranged pests from getting within range of the knight.

Main Gate Defender

1. Close the Main Gate.

2. Kill all Torchers and Defilers attacking the Void Knight.

3. Attack all Torchers and Defilers.

4. Kill Brawlers, Shifters, Spinners, Ravagers, and Splatters.

I'd suggest switching priorities 2 and 3. By drawing the attacks of those ranged pests before they attack the knight, you're becoming a meatshield for the knight. Which is a good thing, because you can afford to die but you can't afford to let the knight fall.

This is an amazing guide! 10/10!

P.S. You can always bring something to alch if you get stuck in the lander for a few minutes...

And there is no animation for fletching bolts ;)

Do you know the name of any good pc clans that don't require much commitment?

Thanks for all the tips!

I shall be adding those shortly and I think I was going to switch 2 and 3 from my old guide but I guess i never got to it.

The reason I don't suggest luring a brawler is because there are way to many idiots out in the world, maybe I could wright an extra area for clan playing :D

Also if you are waiting in the lander for more than a minute to a minute 30 then you should go to a different world or train somewhere else (I should be making a guide to a new area I found the be nearly as good as PC) so then you would have no need to alch or fletch bolts.

The reason I don't suggest any clans is because they all require commitment, again maybe ill add a whole new section for clan play that would only give instructions needed for an elite player.

For the west and east gates its easier to let the people near the portals take care of that or the people defending the void knight do that.

And thank you so much for all the suggestions!!

[/hide]

You're welcome. Sorry for this really late post, I took a break from PC to catch up on slayer.

You can fletch bolts while inside a pest control game. At least, you could the last time I checked. There's no animation for it, and it's very easy to fletch a few bolts when you've got a spare second. The best/worst part is that no one else would know you're fletching bolts. :?

I got a bit obsessed for a short while with bank organization. I wanted to have placeholders. Lo and behold, you can have multiple amounts of void armor. I've got two gloves, bodies, legs, and melee helms. I might go for the placeholders for range and mage helms and mace in a few months.

I also want to know, is the seal worth getting, for clans and individuals? I've figured out that it's worth using one charge of the seal to save a beginner game. It's worth using two charges to save an intermediate game, and it's worth using three charges to save an veteran game. (each charge costs 10/8 points, or 1.25 points). I already have and sparingly use the seal, but I'd like to know if clans use it.

I haven't done extensive testing but your figures on seal damage is about right. I don't get zeal for seal damage. Use the seal when the void knight is getting crowded by shifters beyond control, or when the portal is crowded beyond control. It's interesting to lure splatters to the portal, then use seal and retribution prayer to cause mass carnage. Too bad I die, so I can't see the damage.

I like this guide! I did not know about the portal order so that is awesome.

Would you consider splatter bombing a tactic, or just really fun? Also, How would you rate the barrelchest anchor in this game for people who cannot use whip/barrows

Splatter bombing when near the void knight is a tactic if the splatter just wanders in there. If you're wasting time luring the splatter to the void knight, you're just having fun.

Barrelchest anchor is strong, but slow. Really, it's not fast enough. You want a decently fast weapon, probably longsword or faster. Stick with the best scimmy (dds for specs) you can wield until the whip.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

voidguardez4.png

The void knight's female :lol:

Hide tabs would be nice, it'll make browsing through the guide much easier. I nitpick because I care, this is one of the best guides I've seen on these forums. ::'

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

voidguardez4.png

The void knight's female :lol:

Hide tabs would be nice, it'll make browsing through the guide much easier. I nitpick because I care, this is one of the best guides I've seen on these forums. ::'

pointformulasl1.bmp

E should be capitalized in E=mc^2

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Thanks for all the posts guys, I would just like to let you know that I have officially quit RS for probably a long time (sorry Jagex... Xbox 360's games>RS).

I am still able to answer almost any question you have on PC so you can still post questions and also you are still able to rate my guide.

(@pirate_felix: My honest mistake, although I dont think I will be fixing it and not to many people should care much :P, but I still love the suggestions in case I ever decide to update my guide a bit!)

Again thanks for the rates and posts and I'll look forward to more :D!

newsignature1fs8.png

good guide personally i don't play pc to much but good job lol more positive than bad comments so your doing something right good job

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

• 1 month later...

Good guide, but I had one question. I was wondering why you don't make a section for the "less economically secure" players and what they should wear. I don't have full void yet and can't exactly afford 3rd age atm :?

Thanks!

Sly_Fiz.png

Sly_Fiz.png

Good guide.

As for the pure part Regen Brace is better than combat bracelet. Pures also can't use Dragon battleaxe spec.

1 attack pures can't wear climbing boots as the quest for them gives 18 attack.

Black mask has a 10 defence requirement so 1 defence pures won't be able to wear them (your pure outfit is wearing iron platebody so I assume you were making a one defence pure outfit). Black mask also has less defence bonuses then a bearhead so a 10 def pure would be better off wearing a bearhead until they got slayer helmet (which has a 10 def req and the same def bonuses as rune full helm). Even if 1 defence pures could wear black mask a bearhead would be better.

You probably already knew but pures can't get quest cape either.

Zerker_jane.png

• 5 weeks later...

O.o How did you take those photos O.o

Because i'm sure you don't have 100k red chins and 100k dragon arrows...

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

• 3 weeks later...

To be truthful, this has got to be one of the most impressive guides I have EVER read. It is very detailed, includes words AND pictures, and have bonus info.

I came in thinking I wouldn't learn anything from this guide, but I did. For example, I never knew the blue portal was weak to magic, the yellow weak to dds/d scim, and the purple portal weak to ranged. No wonder I was always hitting high on the yellow portal. Now I know it wasn't a coincidence! It must have taken you ages to complete this extensive guide. I would rate this 10/10. And I mean it! :thumbsup:

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png