The Pest Control Guide-'Tips and Tricks'-

soulegleon

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Finally I have finished my new Pest Control Guide.

You can expect plenty of updates!

My current goal is to take back my 80k views from before the major crash down of tip.it forums.

Please leave a post :D

newsignature1fs8.png

lol 100k dragon arrows =D

100k * 7k = 700m?

I like it :)

(nice photoshopping :D)

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

lol 100k dragon arrows =D

100k * 7k = 700m?

I like it :)

(nice photoshopping :D)

Thank you :D

you are like the first one to notice I edited in some stuff.

Very well written.

Not sure if this is in there, but you may want to include some information on why to choose PC over other options.

Yes, I did include why it is better.

I updated the banners and am finishing up some other missing pictures and glitches.

newsignature1fs8.png

Best PC guide yet! Add some lower leveled techniques? 9.3

The reason I don't have lower level techniques is because its not the best for lower levels.

Also many lower levels can just look at the gear table, I'm guessing most of them have at least a DDS.

For a lower leveled player I would suggest something like experiments.

Added Bestiary Pictures and Pure Melee pictures with the AGS.

Also I noticed I didn't have the shifters in the bestiary, so I also fixed that.

As soon as I can I will get screen shots of the rewards screen as I noticed those where missing as well.

newsignature1fs8.png

A quick tip: The void knight is immune to the explosion damage of the splatter. So if the knight's being overrun by shifters, it's not a bad idea to lure a splatter into the crowd of shifters, then killing it.

Also, do you know about luring brawlers to guard the void knight? Basically, whoever gets attacked by a brawler runs back to the center, bringing the brawler with him. The brawler blocks attacks from ranged pests. If you see anyone luring the brawler like this, then please don't kill it. This tactic works well in clan worlds and horribly in themed worlds (because some idiot keeps killing the brawler.)

I'd also (just to be safe) put one guard on the east and west gates. They should just be there to physically block ranged pests from getting within range of the knight.

Main Gate Defender

1. Close the Main Gate.

2. Kill all Torchers and Defilers attacking the Void Knight.

3. Attack all Torchers and Defilers.

4. Kill Brawlers, Shifters, Spinners, Ravagers, and Splatters.

I'd suggest switching priorities 2 and 3. By drawing the attacks of those ranged pests before they attack the knight, you're becoming a meatshield for the knight. Which is a good thing, because you can afford to die but you can't afford to let the knight fall.

This is an amazing guide! 10/10!

P.S. You can always bring something to alch if you get stuck in the lander for a few minutes...

And there is no animation for fletching bolts ;)

Do you know the name of any good pc clans that don't require much commitment?

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

A quick tip: The void knight is immune to the explosion damage of the splatter. So if the knight's being overrun by shifters, it's not a bad idea to lure a splatter into the crowd of shifters, then killing it.

Also, do you know about luring brawlers to guard the void knight? Basically, whoever gets attacked by a brawler runs back to the center, bringing the brawler with him. The brawler blocks attacks from ranged pests. If you see anyone luring the brawler like this, then please don't kill it. This tactic works well in clan worlds and horribly in themed worlds (because some idiot keeps killing the brawler.)

I'd also (just to be safe) put one guard on the east and west gates. They should just be there to physically block ranged pests from getting within range of the knight.

Main Gate Defender

1. Close the Main Gate.

2. Kill all Torchers and Defilers attacking the Void Knight.

3. Attack all Torchers and Defilers.

4. Kill Brawlers, Shifters, Spinners, Ravagers, and Splatters.

I'd suggest switching priorities 2 and 3. By drawing the attacks of those ranged pests before they attack the knight, you're becoming a meatshield for the knight. Which is a good thing, because you can afford to die but you can't afford to let the knight fall.

This is an amazing guide! 10/10!

P.S. You can always bring something to alch if you get stuck in the lander for a few minutes...

And there is no animation for fletching bolts ;)

Do you know the name of any good pc clans that don't require much commitment?

Thanks for all the tips!

I shall be adding those shortly and I think I was going to switch 2 and 3 from my old guide but I guess i never got to it.

The reason I don't suggest luring a brawler is because there are way to many idiots out in the world, maybe I could wright an extra area for clan playing :D

Also if you are waiting in the lander for more than a minute to a minute 30 then you should go to a different world or train somewhere else (I should be making a guide to a new area I found the be nearly as good as PC) so then you would have no need to alch or fletch bolts.

The reason I don't suggest any clans is because they all require commitment, again maybe ill add a whole new section for clan play that would only give instructions needed for an elite player.

For the west and east gates its easier to let the people near the portals take care of that or the people defending the void knight do that.

And thank you so much for all the suggestions!!

newsignature1fs8.png

Very nice! I love the pictures <3: , and I think the history bit is really original! Very detailed and very useful.

Only thing is, there really isn't anything for anyone under 70 attack, or 60 or so mage, or about 70 range. The first melee weapon you mention is godsword/whip, but pest control starts at lvl 40! Just saying ;)

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Very nice! I love the pictures <3: , and I think the history bit is really original! Very detailed and very useful.

Only thing is, there really isn't anything for anyone under 70 attack, or 60 or so mage, or about 70 range. The first melee weapon you mention is godsword/whip, but pest control starts at lvl 40! Just saying ;)

The reason for that is that lower levels can get better exp in other places.

On the list it does not say the best things for lower levels because if it did the list would go on for a long way. Also for most lower levels they don't have loads of money, typically they have one weapon and maybe 2 suits of armor for each type of combat. Therefor it would be near pointless, lets say a lower level sees a dragon scimitar is on the list and is better than a dragon dagger, I don't personally think that the lower level is going to go and sell all his stuff to get the dragon scimitar.

And there is one of the reasons I don't include lower level things on the list.

Also this guide is mainly posted toward the higher level players (100+ or pures).

But thanks for the suggestion anyways :D

newsignature1fs8.png

Very nice but unfortunently you get 2xp per hit at pc so wouldnt that make it only 66k/h?

which rly is outweighed by monkey zombies

Umm.... I don't think you read it correctly, I already have down that you get 2xp per damage, not 4.

newsignature1fs8.png

Oh i probally did :P

"Melee:

Games Finished Per Hour: 30

Damage Done Per Round: 500

30 * 4 * 500(exp varies) = 60,000 * 1.1 = 66,000 Experience

+

500 * 2 * 30 = 30,000 Experience

Total Exp = 96,000 Exp Average (per hour)"

So the one on the top is the points and the bottem is the actual damage done?

I had it the other way around

Oh i probally did :P

"Melee:

Games Finished Per Hour: 30

Damage Done Per Round: 500

30 * 4 * 500(exp varies) = 60,000 * 1.1 = 66,000 Experience

+

500 * 2 * 30 = 30,000 Experience

Total Exp = 96,000 Exp Average (per hour)"

So the one on the top is the points and the bottem is the actual damage done?

I had it the other way around

Yeah, the bottom is damage done.

newsignature1fs8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Small thing: pures can't wear 3rd age amulet. It required defence.

But great guide, with nice banners and very detailed. 9/10

Will definitely use if I need to pc some stat :)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Small thing: pures can't wear 3rd age amulet. It required defence.

But great guide, with nice banners and very detailed. 9/10

Will definitely use if I need to pc some stat :)

Yeah I figured that out when item lending came out but was to lazy to edit the picture.

I may spend some time later to add in the new best mage gear (with the new release of the arcane spirit shield which gives a +20 magic attack).

Anyways thanks for the rate and post :D

newsignature1fs8.png

• 2 weeks later...