Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

just a simple answer : NO...just no
What great insight... :thumbdown:

Care to give any reasoning for coming to this conclusion?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...a compromise. Skillcapes as f2p items, but can only be obtained on p2p. What do you think

(Btw, not my idea. Some else's...I can't remember who.)

That actually might have been me (http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=744175), although I'm sure numerous other people have suggested this before.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

So...a compromise. Skillcapes as f2p items, but can only be obtained on p2p. What do you think

(Btw, not my idea. Some else's...I can't remember who.)

That actually might have been me (http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=744175), although I'm sure numerous other people have suggested this before.

It would actually be better the other way round, like skillcapes can be purchased in freeplay and equipped on freeplay(amd emote, of course), but they will only give stat bonuses in members. This way there are no advantage for members that have a skillcape, and freeplay would get skillcapes too ::'

No.

Its a luxury f2p does not need. If you wanted to show off, you could say it with Quick Chat, or simply keep quiet. Why is it needed? Sure, MAYBE f2p works harder for them, but its no reason they need it.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

No. Its a luxury f2p does not need. If you wanted to show off, you could say it with Quick Chat, or simply keep quiet. Why is it needed? Sure, MAYBE f2p works harder for them, but its no reason they need it.

Technically skill capes aren't "needed" in P2P either, going by your argument.

Come on, all you people who say nay. It's not like they'd have the bonuses that P2P get. And it doesn't even have to be a cape. What about a shield or a shirt that shows everyone you've obtained a 99?

Because, honestly, why not?

A 99 in a skill is a 99 in a skill, pretty darn worthy to show others that you've dedicated yourself to the task. There's no real reason why any player should not be able to show they have a 99 in a skill.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

People can mimic Quickchat responses when it comes to "My Level in..." I don't think a Quickchat icon shows up when saying so.

As for the Hiscores, I know it's stupid, but many players would rather not spend time looking you up to see if you're telling the truth.

Having something equipped to show that you have a 99 skill ends all arguments or suspicions that might arise, am I right?

card.png

People can mimic Quickchat responses when it comes to "My Level in..." I don't think a Quickchat icon shows up when saying so.

As for the Hiscores, I know it's stupid, but many players would rather not spend time looking you up to see if you're telling the truth.

Having something equipped to show that you have a 99 skill ends all arguments or suspicions that might arise, am I right?

Yes, the skill cape serves as an icon, a symbol that says 'I have put the time and effort into achieving level 99 in this stat'. You might compare the skill cape to a trophy, an item showcasing an achievement for all to see. Now, what a shame that it might be if somebody did get a 99 stat, but was unable to show the world, and why? Because they don't have Runescape Membership.

For all you members who view this as simply 'F2P gets skill capes' think of this:

A member gets 99 in a stat and buys the skillcape. The member, for whatever reason, must suspend or end their membership. At this point they've achieved level 99 in a skill, and payed for months of membership, but tey cannot use their skill cape in F2P worlds. Either they keep it on, or can't wear it at all. So now maybe you members see how this might benefit you as well.

Besides, don't you think that anybody, regardless of member status, should be able obtain and wear a skill cape, if they spent the many hours needed to get that 99?

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

umm no..

and dont tell me that same line - would you quit your member ship if F2P get (insert item) its been said a thousand times. anyway you cant get skill capes most of them are in member worlds.

sorry.. just pay for membership. simple

if i was a mem i wouldnt quit mem if 1 item was given 2 f2p... think about it the amount of stuf u mems get.

"Think about the amount of stuff you members get"

That's because we pay for it!

If you want to stay f2p just buy 1 month of members and buy all the achievement capes you can.

Just gtfo f2p players stop whinging about what you don't get if you want something pay for members it's only $5 a month.

"Think about the amount of stuff you members get"

That's because we pay for it!

If you want to stay f2p just buy 1 month of members and buy all the achievement capes you can.

Just gtfo f2p players stop whinging about what you don't get if you want something pay for members it's only $5 a month.

Welcome to Tip.it. Here we try not to flame on our first posts because it kinda makes us look like [wagon]. Clearly had you actually read through a bit of this topic you would've understood some of the arguments for this.

Get over yourself, please. And try to be more courteous in the future.

card.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do think that skill capes should be f2p. My opinion is that if they did make skill capes f2p more people would join p2p. Mostly because it would give non-member something to look forward to so they will play more, and eventually like me you will have the hole entire f2p map memorized down to the trees. Then they will get bored with f2p and join p2p or quit... IDK just my opinion :geek:

lethargick.png

Imo there should be no one in free worlds. Who can't afford $5? The "parents won't let me" and other excuses are stupid to me. You can probably find $5 on the ground if you walk through a park or look in a few gutters.

Imo there should be no one in free worlds. Who can't afford $5? The "parents won't let me" and other excuses are stupid to me. You can probably find $5 on the ground if you walk through a park or look in a few gutters.

Not everyone is in the same situation. Believe it or not there are people who can afford to pay for internet access yet cannot afford to pay for games every month. To some this is a luxury. Remember, just because you are in the position where you can pay for membership does not mean everyone else is, that is a very narrow minded way to look at it. You may find peoples "excuses" as you put it to be "stupid" but the fact remains that not everyone has the amount of money equating to a meal to spend on games.

Also as it has been brought up before, F2P getting things has no adverse affects on members; I mean there is no 'F2P only' content. It is just pointless to argue about money issues... the only thing it affects is Jagex income. If it was hurting them they would take actions reflecting that. If they decided to make capes F2P everyone could benefit, not just free players.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Lep1423, you seem to be focusing on the financial limitations. It is without a doubt, that anyone owning a computer, with the time to play Runescape is able to afford $5 on membership. When it came to every other "excuse" you've hardly scratched the surface of it.

[hide=NJE03 wrote]Not everyone is in the same situation. Believe it or not there are people who can afford to pay for internet access yet cannot afford to pay for games every month. To some this is a luxury. Remember, just because you are in the position where you can pay for membership does not mean everyone else is, that is a very narrow minded way to look at it. You may find peoples "excuses" as you put it to be "stupid" but the fact remains that not everyone has the amount of money equating to a meal to spend on games.[/hide] Not only that, but the first thing that you said was

Imo there should be no one in free worlds.

So, you think that F2P Runescape should not exist, thanks for sharing your thoughts on that subject, but this thread is about skill capes.What you seem to be trying to say is 'Why don't you just get members? It's quite affordable' however that's not answering the question is it?

The question here is "Should F2P get skill capes?" but even then, I don't think that that title does justice to what this is really about.

"Should those who put the time and effort into getting a 99 skill be able to showcase that achievement regardless of membership status?"

In the end, I see much of this as an example of customer loyalty. Giving a little something to the player's who've spent enough time in their game, a little something nice.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

I will support this by saying that F2P needs to get Skill capes :)

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

1 word="no!"

dunno why, but thats why we pay 5$ per month =p

yes, but would it really make people to become f2p just because of capes? the only reason you pay the 5$ is because of all the benifits, would you stop paying just for the cape that becomes f2p?

I think they should and no it wouldn't make people become f2p just because of the capes. 1.p2p gets more skills than f2p. 2.They get access to more places...f2p can only go to like 10 places and p2p can go around all of runescape...you choose which is better 3.Members can make or do more things when advancing skill levels ex- in woodcutting they can cut like mage and yew pire and maple etc. where as f2p can't. 4. f2p deserves them because they work just as hard as p2p to get them

Therefore, more players wouldn't become f2p just because of the skill capes...plain and simple

i think that Jagex should giv f2p skill capes - i mean like rely, ive been playing F2P for 5 years -.-

as for the autoers jagex should regect any1 who has not been playing for 6 months... at least, that seems fair to me... idk about the autoers lolz :lol: anywayz... thx for bothering 2 read this :)

also doubt the skill capes are anything people really get p2p for....

but then again pure f2p'ers that get 99 skills arent the most common thing either so maybe the need isent the most needed?

however it would make the f2p feel lil less demoish as i think it has turned more and more into latley

v49y88.png

but then again pure f2p'ers that get 99 skills arent the most common thing either so maybe the need isent the most needed?

It's not just that. Making skill capes F2P will also allow members who earned a skill cape to use it in F2P. For example, say you're a member and you get 99 slayer, but then for some reason you have to cut off your membership. Now, since slayer is a difficult skill, you've of course spent many hours on this game and have subscribed for many months, but now your F2P, and just because you're no longer actively subscribing, you can't wear the skill cape that you worked so hard for?

It's not just about F2P getting skill capes, it also benefits members who have earned a skill cape, and wish to use it if they go F2P for whatever reason.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png