Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, An acheivement is an acheivement. But then again, skillcapes are a major reason to be member.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Yes.

As you mentioned, skilling is so much harder in f2p. Members have so many more possibilities eg with the logs: maples, mages etc as well as a HUGE ammount of area to go for to actually train the skill (catherby beach, Seers yew tree graveyard, just to name a few) as well as numourous items that speed up training including transportation items, upgraded items (axes etc). There are sooo many possibilities on members it isn't funny. Also, if you go to the same training spot that f2p can use on members it is pretty much guaranteed to be less crowded.

If an F2p player has a level 99 skill, they deserve to show it off just as much as any other player does.

Fish-99-oo.png

fish-99-oo.png

fish-99-oo.png

started RS - July '04

i was a f2per and was close to getting a 99 in f2p, but i got bored and joined mems, still havent got that 99 yet but im working on it.

i personally think that f2pers should be allowed something for getting a 99 skill, but as is alreayd mentioned, jagex wants new members, more members is more dosh, and most bots are f2p. actually most of rs is f2p (player wise i mean). but if you want money, then you give people something to pay for and if they want it that bad then they will. demand is higher if people want something after all.

if the supply of skillcapes was on f2p, the demand for people going to p2p would decrease, therefore reducing jagex's revenue. this applies in all aspects of things, mainly economics, but can be applied to other areas when necessary.

I personally think that geting a 99 in members is not ALWAYS a lot easier. take attack as an example, experiments are apparently a good way of training for lower levels, but spiders are pretty good for xp and members train there quite a lot. sometimes deserving is not the same as wanting, from a moral point of view some f2pers may have deserved skillcapes, but from a business point of view if you arent paying anything to them, then they arent making money from you, so you get limited access to the game. just as bank space is an example of the exact same principal.

however this does not mean i am completely opposed to f2p getting skillcapes. if people wish to argue with my point then i will listen, but there is no denying why jagex havent made f2p get skillcapes yet.

this is my last point that i will make in this post: at one point there was a GLITCH that let F2P use IRON ARROWS, which jagex fixed. many f2pers take this for granted now and expect more than what they get, which to those who have played f2p for a decent amount of time may be fair, but when i see lvl 40s at bher complaining about the fact there is/was no pking, it makes me mad. members also dont get pking as well, whilst we actually contribute to jagex. it is keen to note that they also say; 'no pk no play', well tbh, you arent contributing to jagex, you arent helping your own case and on top of all you are still playing! if you want to protest like that then you tell everyone to stop playing and then they do it, not say it idly and not actually do what you threaten to do. and yes i know that the above DOES NOT apply to all f2pers, ut the ones who complain clearly havent been playing rs long enough to understand that f2p has come very far since its early days.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

I think skill capes should be F2P. I don't want to pay $6 just for skill capes. Also, I want to prove that I have a 99, which I currently don't, but will have soon. :thumbsup: \' I've been F2P for over 2 years, so I know what I'm saying. ::'

jessepinkman.png

Jessepinkman.png

#653 to 120 Divination

Although i think that getting a 99 in f2p is admirable, if they really want a skillcape they should become members. That's why members pay money, to get benefits. Jagex is a company, they make money, they can't just keep giving benefits to f2p that everyone else has to pay for. perhaps if in f2p there wasn't a skillcape but some other symbol of achievement...I'm not saying that f2p people don't deserve a skillcape, I'm saying that in Jagex's view there is no reason to give them a skillcape.

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Absolutely, it is a great feat to get a 99 as it is, but not letting a F2P only player get a skill cape is mean :(

It's not a huge update, I mean Jagex could make it so you can somehow get certain capes (examples Firemaking Cape, Fishing Cape, Attack Cape) in a F2P area. What's there to lose? It's not like F2P'ers will get a huge edge in the game, except for possibly the decent bonuses the cape gives. But even then, I think F2P'ers should be given the right to wear skill capes.

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think its really a 'Should F2P get skillcapes?' question. I think the real question is 'Should those who put time into getting a stat to 99 be able to wear the skillcape?'

I think that anybody that put the time and effort into getting a 99 should be able to obtain and wear a skillcape regardless of their member status.

"I spend getting 99 in I think I deserve to wear a dang cape"

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

I don't think its really a 'Should F2P get skillcapes?' question. I think the real question is 'Should those who put time into getting a stat to 99 be able to wear the skillcape?'

I think that anybody that put the time and effort into getting a 99 should be able to obtain and wear a skillcape regardless of their member status.

"I spend getting 99 in I think I deserve to wear a dang cape"

You make a good point. =D>

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I don't see any reason for Jagex not to bestow the Capes of Accomplishment to all deserving Free-Players. One of the biggest arguments I see is that F2P'ers have to achieve such an amazing feat 'without' the use of member benefits. I acquiesce to that thought. Jagex have stated that Capes of Achievements are available to those who 'earn' the right to aquire one; Not to those who 'buy' the right to obtain it.

Of course, there are also many conflicting opinions to this debate; however, I feel that my view lays on the uniform side, where everyone should have the right to show off their accomplishments.

Just my thoughts... <3:

- Jupp_War

2rfww0n.jpg

You're right, Jupp.

Capes of Accomplishment, as the name suggests, should be something worn to show one's accomplishment. It should not be limited to the people who pay. I do not see any negative impact it'll have on JaGeX's income (which seem to be a huge factor when deciding, or vetoing, a suggestion). After all, I'm sure players who pay fork out their money for more important things.

I agree to the notion that free players, too, have spent hours working on perfecting their skills. The limitations surrounding the F2P population certainly makes it more difficult for one to achieve 99 in a particular skill. Therefore, as JuppWar so rightfully pointed out in the post prior to this, I believe that free players certainly earned it.

Up till now, I haven't seen one rational post on why free players doesn't deserve the availability of the Capes of Accomplishment. As far as I can see, the inclusion of skill capes into the F2P community is completely justifiable.

drapit.png

i've got no problem with f2pers getting the skillcapes, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

but the one argument i have against the idea is F2P PvP.

a skill cape is the second strongest defense boost of any cape in the game, and you could have lvl 3 skillers with skill capes owning in same level combat, because of the 9 extra defense boosts.

it is also a non-proportionate boost when compared to the F2P Armour.

in members armour a cape represents less than 10% of the defense bonus, but when compared to F2P armour this number increases exponentially. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

To be honest I don't really care that much if I can get a skillcape or not. At first I cared but since we probably never will get them, I don't care that much anymore.

But if we got them, of course I would get my capes.

15fgg40.gif

^ CLICK FOR BLOG ^

I don't think we (F2p) deserve them but I think it would be nice to have them. They are not all that great and they are mostly for show. They are plenty inexpensive if you have 99 in a skill.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

I don't think we (F2p) deserve them but I think it would be nice to have them. They are not all that great and they are mostly for show. They are plenty inexpensive if you have 99 in a skill.

Sadly, that's how JaGeX sees this too. To some, skill capes are not 'mostly for show'. They're a trophy to be worn proudly as an indication of your dedication to the skill.

drapit.png

• 1 month later...
i've got no problem with f2pers getting the skillcapes, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

but the one argument i have against the idea is F2P PvP.

a skill cape is the second strongest defense boost of any cape in the game, and you could have lvl 3 skillers with skill capes owning in same level combat, because of the 9 extra defense boosts.

it is also a non-proportionate boost when compared to the F2P Armour.

in members armour a cape represents less than 10% of the defense bonus, but when compared to F2P armour this number increases exponentially. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

While I strongly support Skill Capes being available to anyone who earned a 99 stat, dumblikeafox does bring up an interesting point, skill capes do give a significant defense bonus (significant in F2P anyway).

Although, he used the example of a lv3 skiller, what damage would that do at most? I'm sure that any skiller with a 99stat could make more money performing his/her skill than using it in bounty hunter(Also, I'm not sure how much they would 'own' considering that they're level 3.)

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

undubedatly!

f2ps spend much more time trying to lv then p2p.

i must be hones, i really want a 99 skill (member for 2 years and still none, respectfull slayer lv though) and lets be hones, fishibng in kaRAMJA, even with the new lumby ring isn't something even compared to fishing monks or sharks with gloves. same to rc, air runes are almost half exp then nats, not to say bloods. ppl must understand that no one would ever want to buy 6 $ to have a fictional caracter to wear a freaking cape, and then come back to free to play.

my 2 cents