V for Vendetta

britrockdude

Hey, who else thinks V for Vendetta is awesome? Such a good film showing problems with governments!

I can't decide whether V for Vendetta or The Matrix is better!

Anybody wanna discuss some of the stuff in that movie? I've seen it about 5 times now and like it more every time I see it. Kinda like the Matrix in that way too....

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

V for Vendetta was a average film, It wasn't bad but I wouldn't pay to see it again either on TV pay per view or DVD.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I missed it in cinema, so I saw it on DVD. I thought it was pretty cool, not one of the greatest movies ever though. And not even close to the Matrix.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I loved the alliteration of V speech.

"VoilÃÆÃâÃâà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

Harrington.gif

Thanks for posting all of that, I've only caught part of the dialogue and always forget to look it up later.

....Hm, I could have turned on the subtitles....

It's funny actually, I, at one time felt like some of you posters. After I saw it for the first time, I was a bit like "er.... riiiight". But every time I watch it I enjoy it more. I dunno, like the Matrix, I felt like the more I talked to people about what they got out of it, the more I got out of it.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

"VoilÃÆÃâÃâà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

yeah, best part ever.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, best part ever.

Yes, but not having english as native language and seeing an ilegal copy the same day of the premiere with poor badly subtiles ruins it....

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

I loved V for Vendetta. The plot and action were pretty good. And Natalie Portman is a plus.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif