Piscatoris Colony, The High-Levels/Maturity Guild?

scopium

I remmeber fishing something like 2k monkfish there, after it came out. It was indeed calm and fun, where those highscore "famous" players weren't just looking at their harpoon, but also joined in the convos.

I agree with you. Not a guild but a limited place for sure

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i like it, no one ever bothers anyone and it isnt full of people, bu those people there are greedy i had a freind lag and died from a random and the people took all his stuff

he came back and asked for it and they said no and logged

so its mature but full of jerks

not really a guild but it is a great place to go if you want to train just about any none comebat skill or if you want a good conversation :thumbsup:

13zwenn.png

yeah i like it, no one ever bothers anyone and it isnt full of people, bu those people there are greedy i had a freind lag and died from a random and the people took all his stuff

he came back and asked for it and they said no and logged

so its mature but full of jerks

i think that would happen pretty much anywhere in runescape lol. there not really being jerks, they where probably just blinded momentarily by greed.

i fished there from 88-99 and i have to say i quite miss it, im currently stuck in varrock bank fletching and trust me the two dont compare lol.

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

Best fishing spot.. ever. I saw the first skillcape in game there, which is a smithing cape. Even emote requesters there, they ask in a nice manner and they get their emote. A good place to hang out though the terrain is not very appealing for sight <.<

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I'm currently fishing there on my way to 99 and I really enjoy it. No autos around, respectful people and its always quiet. I think I'll miss it.

+ The things what other people said, it's just the ideal place for a fisher.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Pictorian Colony over the fishing guild. But I tend to start talking fishing guild style at the colony to. But it is just a way calmer spot. I like it. Should get a few monkfish when im bored to just calm down from all the ''hard work''.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

It's a pretty cool place to go when you just want to chat, my friend from SODB, Potter, is often up there(seeing as he's getting 99 fishing from monks) There's always friendly people when i've been there, and the introduction of a fairy ring up there meant that it was much easier for people to get to. There are often a p-mod or two about to answer questions(i had a conversation with one about if it would be allowed to point people in the direction of Tip.it for quest guides) and they're always very friendly people up there, most have good grammar and few use 1337 speak, which is always good, it's just a friendly, close knit community up there.

maxsig28nv.gif

no, its just a normal city.

also, it feels lonely sometimes. I like dropping/disappearing into the crowd. The way I see it, youll get annoyed/singled out less.

There are kind of combat requirements. You have to be able to kill that level 190 Troll Sea Queen thing. Even though I am only level 78, and everyone else is usually higher than me, I really enjoy fishing there. Funny thing is I am fishing there as posting. Most conversations are friendly, and no one makes fun of anyone. I would say it's a nice place to be, but not a guild.

I like it.

The PFC and Lletya are two of the most tranquil places in all of RS.

It's nice to be able to fish without good for nothing autoers, a bunch of noobs running around looking for someone a bit lower than them to call a noob and start stupid fights with, or people running around going "fr33 stuf pl0x!"

I also love cutting mages just outside of Lletya for the same reasons. No possibility of autoers, and most people act like they are older than 12.

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

:: Saradomin Girl :: 278/324 Quest Points :: Tip.It Blog ::

If we are to consider the definition of a guild as a place where a group of people can congregate that have met a certain entry requirement, then I can consider the Colony as a "guild". In this case, the entry requirement is completing Swan Song and it's also a place for people to congregate.

It seems many, but not all, young players do not have the patience to go through quests, even though there are plenty of guides on various fan-sites and there are more than enough seasoned questers to answer questions and give quest advice.

This may be one of the reasons why we see a different maturity level in the Colony so on an "unofficial" basis, we can consider the Colony as a guild. There are most likely more reasons than the one I've stated and that's what we're all here to discuss. :thumbsup:

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Agreed. The Colony are always quiet... You either start a coversation or no one talk... Wierd.. :?

It sound really odd and scary there sometime :D

Yea requirements are kinda tough... I was like (omg!! I'll never do this quest) when I first joined memebr. However, I managed and finished it :D.

~BOMB

I haven't been there very often. But every time I was there, it's like a bunch of zombies fishing, nobody said a word for over 2 hours. (Me neither though, afk-ing just like everbody else.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

im gonnna do swan song and spoil it all :twisted:

i ignore annoying noobs who ask noob questions in a noob way

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

It is usually people who are tired of the same of stuff at fishing guild and usually dont care about what level everyone is. The only conversations are those of actual substance usually. discussions of recent updates or things of that nature. As far as I have seen.

sig3gk6.png

try doing swan song with admeral pies like i did....yup...good times ^.^ (went through about 20 pies before i finally caught enough, kept burning the stupid fish lol) i have never gone back to the pict. fish colony besides from doing the quest

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06