Varrock Under Attack

armadillo48

The new wallpaper download released by Jagex is called Attack on Varrock;

attack_800x600.jpg

Pretty fancy artwork but how does this relate to Varrock?

Also when you attempt to enchant to an ruby necklace (no current use even after todays update) this message appears;

rubnekxi7.png

And when you speak to the curator and ask "Have any interesting news?" He replies;

curatorsu5.png

What the wallpaper has to do with varrock is beyond me, but IMO this suggests a big quest next month revolving around Varrock. I'm intrigued how the Ruby necklace will be integrated into this though.

Any thoughts or ideas?

(Forgive me if this has already been posted, i skimmed the recent topics and didn't see anything like this, lock if necessary tho :))

lanthuscg3.png

Varrock is long overdue its graphical update. I imagine this is likely what the Curator is referring to.

Perhaps the new monster will be a new high level slaying monster since there's been hints of a lvl 92-95 slaying monster to be introduced (especially with whip prices tumbling)

Harrington.gif

I can't wait.Though the curator has been saying he's getting a cash injection for months lol

edit:that wall paper is bad [wagon] I think I'll use it

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

a hefty cash injection??? their taking drugs?!?! they must be working with the Wise Old Man and planning to rob the varok bank!!! quick! to the peter chopper!

i think this is going to be either a pretty big varok update or just a quest

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

sounds like ruby will become another teleport necklace, obviously connected to the museum... so i guess it will be called the NECKLACE OF ARCHEOLOY, and will allow you to teleport to places connected to the varrock museum: digsite, ruins of uzer, agility pyramid, probably some new excavation sites in other areas of the map.

Varrock is long overdue its graphical update. I imagine this is likely what the Curator is referring to.

Perhaps the new monster will be a new high level slaying monster since there's been hints of a lvl 92-95 slaying monster to be introduced (especially with whip prices tumbling)

me wants that sword lol, yeah maybe a slayer update, new powerful weapons for ALL combat, rather than just melee, perhaps a cool looking staff, new double swords? new bow perhaps level 80 for all, make them best weapons so far, only by a bit for the sword, a lot for mage staff maybe like +30 mage bonus? and a lot for bow say +95

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

i ope that they give varrock a more dark and sinister atmosphere.i know that runescapoe has no sky but they could give its an air of mystery.after all just accrosss the river theirs zombies,ghouls and ghasts.

i hope its a graphical update or some big quest anyway.btw i cant see the picture.linkify it please :mrgreen:

tifsdac6mc.gif

Couldn't agree more, krisc! After having turned falador into some kind of semi-heaven, with the new respawn point, whitewashed stone and all, it would be cool to see Varrock come in contrast. After all, there are few really spooky cities (Exept the Sanguin region (sp?)), and those are not visited alot.

Game_Proffy.png

i ope that they give varrock a more dark and sinister atmosphere.i know that runescapoe has no sky but they could give its an air of mystery.after all just accrosss the river theirs zombies,ghouls and ghasts.

i hope its a graphical update or some big quest anyway.btw i cant see the picture.linkify it please :mrgreen:

My guess is that we're gonna have 2 varrocks.

The northen part, where you wind the west bank, the castle, the costy goodies shop and alot of fancy buildings would actually look nice. Not as heavenly as falador but it's gonna look good.

The south part, however, is populated with thieves, abandonned buildings and ruins. We can expect to see something way darker here. Somewhere around the today varrock, West ardougne and meiyerdich (sp?)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

the zammy mage in varrock by the chaos alter could come into some use

He already is used in at least 1 quests, and unlocks the abyss runecrafting.

The northen part, where you wind the west bank, the castle, the costy goodies shop and alot of fancy buildings would actually look nice. Not as heavenly as falador but it's gonna look good.

The south part, however, is populated with thieves, abandonned buildings and ruins. We can expect to see something way darker here. Somewhere around the today varrock, West ardougne and meiyerdich (sp?)

great idea.i like the way west ardougne looks and fits the mood of the history.

heres a possiblitie on what the picture could be hinting at.Several amounts of the undead crossing the river salve unleashing fury on varrock(yeah i know its rubbish but its a general idea)

still i want a varrock update

tifsdac6mc.gif

great idea.i like the way west ardougne looks and fits the mood of the history.

heres a possiblitie on what the picture could be hinting at.Several amounts of the undead crossing the river salve unleashing fury on varrock(yeah i know its rubbish but its a general idea)

still i want a varrock update

Actually im pretty sure its the way it will be. Maybe the graphical difference will be next to none but thats the way they described Varrock since it was added into the game

nice idea, i like it.

but remember: the mahjarrat are assembling in the north, where varrock conveniently borders on the wilderness. if a necromancer lays siege to varrock again, he's likely to come from there.

so i see a distinct possibility that north varrock will be reduced to the same state as south varrock, king roald possibly ousted from his (soon to be ruined) palace. and when varrock falls, paterdomus cannot stand - thus opening the invasion route from sanguinesti. now THIS would really throw a spanner into the works - dragonkin and mahjarrat allied, attacking from the north and the east, commanding armies of undead, werewolves and vampires :ohnoes:

edit: i'm thinking way too much in the way of possible future events, not static changes. can't help it. i'm a quester, and i take greast interest in the continuing storylines in RS.