Kill Agility in the F2P Wilderness!

Really now, come on. Would you f2ps stop complaining?! Your playing an online game, a free online game. You get what you don't pay for, so stop whining.

+1

well put.

Vengeful+Dusk.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard seeing the nonstupid posts trough the stupid posts (like the one above)

Ill try to explain the significance of agility in the wilderness with these numbers (taken from the runehq calc)

Time=amount of time you can run before energy drops to 0%

Unarmored 1 agility: 98 seconds

Unarmored 50 agility: 111 seconds

Unarmored 99 agility: 128 seconds

Armored 1 agility: 69 seconds

Armored 50 agility: 76 seconds

Armored 99 agility: 85 seconds

With agility you can rune much longer, it is worth taking no armor, but members with their fast energy restore rate can take armor at leisure.

These times are when running non stop with 100% energy, but the members advantages are even bigger, at 50 agility (easy to reach) you regenerate about twice as fast then somebody with 1 agility, at 99 agility, you regenerate energy almost 4x as fast. This allows you to catch up fleeing F2P'ers easily, and vice versa, F2P'ers can never catch an agile member.

Only in huge clan wars, where you get killed very fast, this advantage is not as big, but pking solo, or in small groups then the members is invincible and can easily catch up.

Now after seeing these numbers, tell me... is the advantage still so small as you would think? No, this is just as big as for example allowing dragon weapons in F2P, or like previously mentioned, allowing snare spells or even entangle.

So please think before you post here, this topic is filled with idiotic oneliners.

conplaatje3vl9.png

I wish members would shut up about how "members completely support the game"...gosh! You know a long time ago in a galaxy far far away members DID NOT EXIST! its called advertisements people!! its really annoying when members get on their kick at how their so important supporting the game <.<

Your ignorance shocks me.

Jagex DID have no members back in the day, but they couldn't support themselves, therefore giving special benefits to people who paid for them. Compared to advertisement revenues and membership revenues, advertisement revenues are next to nothing.

IMO, Gold_Tiger10 is completely right.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Agility is rather a touchy subject IMO. First of all, theres the F2P'er Pker who says that it is an unfair advantage. Then theres the former P2Per who says that he paid for it, therefore it is his to use. The the smart person will say that they paid for the service to access agility, not for the skill itself. Then the P2Per responds that it is very much like how maples were F2P. You theoretically could cut them down, just there weren't any to cut down. The P2Per then backs it up with the fact that the some of the former members who runecraft, PK, etc. may have only become a member for their agility to transfer over to F2P to give them advantage, thus making them extremely angry and ranting on and on about how they now wasted $10 CND. The F2per asks what this has to do with removing agility from the wilderness. The P2Per strikes the final blow with the response that if you couldn't use agility in the wilderness, then the Pkers would rant on and on that since it is available in the regular world, why take it away from the honour-bound society of the wilderness, where if you run, your humiliated, or where you make someone run, you humiliated them.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

It's hard seeing the nonstupid posts trough the stupid posts (like the one above)

Ill try to explain the significance of agility in the wilderness with these numbers (taken from the runehq calc)

With agility you can rune much longer, it is worth taking no armor, but members with their fast energy restore rate can take armor at leisure.

These times are when running non stop with 100% energy, but the members advantages are even bigger, at 50 agility (easy to reach) you regenerate about twice as fast then somebody with 1 agility, at 99 agility, you regenerate energy almost 4x as fast. This allows you to catch up fleeing F2P'ers easily, and vice versa, F2P'ers can never catch an agile member.

Only in huge clan wars, where you get killed very fast, this advantage is not as big, but pking solo, or in small groups then the members is invincible and can easily catch up.

Now after seeing these numbers, tell me... is the advantage still so small as you would think? No, this is just as big as for example allowing dragon weapons in F2P, or like previously mentioned, allowing snare spells or even entangle.

So please think before you post here, this topic is filled with idiotic oneliners.

You're wrong. Face it. It's been said by Jagex and many players, Having a good Agility level makes your energy % regain faster. Ok? Ok.

Now, why only have it taken away in the Wilderness? I mean, seriously. If you're skilling, say, Runecrafting, a member would have a big advantage over a nonmember, because they would be able to regain energy faster, therefor allowing a better xp rate. Get my point? Also, I don't remember getting a response to my last post.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

The P2Per strikes the final blow with the response that if you couldn't use agility in the wilderness, then the Pkers would rant on and on that since it is available in the regular world, why take it away from the honour-bound society of the wilderness, where if you run, your humiliated, or where you make someone run, you humiliated them.

I don't know about you, but I think the point of PKing is to get a kill, which is impossible if you're chasing a member target.

Now, why only have it taken away in the Wilderness? I mean, seriously. If you're skilling, say, Runecrafting, a member would have a big advantage over a nonmember, because they would be able to regain energy faster, therefor allowing a better xp rate. Get my point? Also, I don't remember getting a response to my last post.

Yes, these former members do get an advantage, BUT it is NOT an advantage that is DETRIMENTAL to the free player. A free player is not going to DIE just because someone can runecraft faster than them :XD:

Sometimes life isn't fair. If you're scared of being killed by former members that trained agility, don't go in the wilderness. There are other ways to make money besides Runite mining in F2P. In conclusion, I was a nonmember for just over a year, and I think I know what I'm talking about. I'm looking forward to your response towards this.

Yes, sometimes life isn't fair, but in a game that IS designed to be, why shouldn't this be corrected?

Let's apply your logic to the rest of the f2p wilderness: If free PKers miss a kill or get caught because we don't have agility, we should just STAY OUT of the wilderness to avoid people with that unfair advantage? Ridiculous.

There are other ways of making money besides runite mining, but it is one such method of moneymaking that I happen to be very good at.

You're wrong. Face it. It's been said by Jagex and many players, Having a good Agility level makes your energy % regain faster. Ok? Ok.

While you are running, members get energy back faster, so they can run for longer. #-o

conplaatje3vl9.png

Yes, sometimes life isn't fair, but in a game that IS designed to be, why shouldn't this be corrected?

Let's apply your logic to the rest of the f2p wilderness: If free PKers miss a kill or get caught because we don't have agility, we should just STAY OUT of the wilderness to avoid people with that unfair advantage? Ridiculous.

There are other ways of making money besides runite mining, but it is one such method of moneymaking that I happen to be very good at.

The wild isn't designed to be fair. The wild is a free for all bloodbath basicly. If you don't like it pay for a month and train agility.

The wild isn't designed to be fair. The wild is a free for all bloodbath basicly. If you don't like it pay for a month and train agility.

Excuse me? Why do you think JaGeX gave f2p rangers updates? It's because they saw that the fighting system was unbalanced. This isn't a matter of "fighting fair," this is a matter of a flaw in the system.

Excuse me? Why do you think JaGeX gave f2p rangers updates? It's because they saw that the fighting system was unbalanced. This isn't a matter of "fighting fair," this is a matter of a flaw in the system.

yes, but this isn't a flaw. members have agility, and with agility they can recharge faser, making them beter pkers. ok, that's not a flaw, its a pker training there agility so that they can out run a little runeminer. now, if you wanna ne safe agenst all the pkers; pay for one months membership, and train agility!!! <- like everyone has been telling you.

if you wanna rune-mine, you could alwise go to the heroes guild.

and fishing and woodcutting are very good ways of making money. and construction is even beter( :XD: just kidding). members have all the updates, and can recharge energy faster and all that, because they paid, and support the game WWAAAAAYYYY more then "advertisement" does.

please quit your whining, and maby you could become a member, and mine in the heroes guild, or train agility. :roll:

its not expencive, and it will save you from dieing too.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

yes, but this isn't a flaw. members have agility, and with agility they can recharge faser, making them beter pkers. ok, that's not a flaw, its a pker training there agility so that they can out run a little runeminer. now, if you wanna ne safe agenst all the pkers; pay for one months membership, and train agility!!! <- like everyone has been telling you.

and fishing and woodcutting are very good ways of making money. and construction is even beter( :XD: just kidding). members have all the updates, and can recharge energy faster and all that, because they paid, and support the game WWAAAAAYYYY more then "advertisement" does.

please quit your whining, and maby you could become a member, and mine in the heroes guild, or train agility. :roll:

FRONTPAGE.png

FRONTPAGE.png

FRONTPAGE.png

FRONTPAGE.png

Until you come up with a valid point that isn't the same stupid rhetoric that you've been spamming my thread with, I'm going to ignore any posts you make in the future.

While you are running, members get energy back faster, so they can run for longer. #-o

Ah, I interpreted what you were saying differently. Sorry, Sorry.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

I see. Well maybe I am wrong, all these facts and numbers are based on the rhq energy calculator, sorry about the smily I was a little angry.

Regarding, the five :shock: posts of shiver, I do think members should get any additional benefit and F2P isn't in any position to whine, they earn the extra flavor of new armors and longer running etc. but why don't they just restict that to member worlds themselves, if they want to use their member benefits, why don't they just stay at their members worlds?

Ofcourse they could go to F2P to do some pking if they'd like it, here in F2P you can't get killed so fast, some members like that better, but just don't let them have any advantage over F2P at our terrain as previously mentioned in a competitive manner. If they want faster running and better weapons why don't let them PK at the members worlds, we don't allow better weapons and spells in F2P do we? Why should we allow better running then, which is also a very important part of pking.

When I first heard agility was allowed in F2P I couldn't believe it, it should be removed instantly.

conplaatje3vl9.png

I used to be P2P. My level 32 Agility has gotten me 2 sets of Full Rune before. :D

And there we have it, folks. Indisputable -_-

Not. I know many F2P'ers (including myself, I might add) that have pked full rune without Agility, either once or multiple times.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

I used to be P2P. My level 32 Agility has gotten me 2 sets of Full Rune before. :D

And there we have it, folks. Indisputable -_-

Not. I know many F2P'ers (including myself, I might add) that have pked full rune without Agility, either once or multiple times.

Naw, I'm saying that it enabled her to kill someone by USING agility and THAT should be considered unfair.

No I disagree, members have a minor advantage over non-members in certain aspects. It's fine, it doesn't really affect anybody anyway...

Actually, I JUST died to a clan of PKers. I was camping on the ice giants and ran out of run: if I had agility, I would have had enough energy to escape. I would never outrun my member pursuers, but I would have enough energy to run down sufficient levels to be out of their attacking range. This sort of thing happens to me only very rarely, so I don't mind it as much. All I mind is that they broke my streak because they had like ten people >:(