Kill Agility in the F2P Wilderness!

no... your don't support the game, and havn't ever supported it, so why should people that HAVE not get the benifts. if it meens life and death, so what? they helped jagex in there updates, and make andrew gowers have lunch...

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no... your don't support the game, and havn't ever supported it, so why should people that HAVE not get the benifts. if it meens life and death, so what? they helped jagex in there updates, and make andrew gowers have lunch...

Support, huh? Reporting offenses doesn't count as support? Slaying goldfarmers isn't helpful either? Advertising revenue counts for nothing?

Don't tell us f2pers we don't support the game. If JaGeX asks me to help them, I will. I am no leech.

Stop complaning that even past member get benefits over f2p players who don't/ haven't pay/payed.

You want benefits for having paid? Fine, but don't make them gross advantages over free players in interactive situations. This is one such, and I find it hard to believe that most of you don't see it that way.

Stop complaning that even past member get benefits over f2p players who don't/ haven't pay/payed.

You want benefits for having paid? Fine, but don't make them gross advantages over free players in interactive situations. This is one such, and I find it hard to believe that most of you don't see it that way.

Well maybe Jagex or Andrew feel that atleast ex-members sould have a reward for giving money for runescapes further development, etc.

Well maybe Jagex or Andrew feel that atleast ex-members sould have a reward for giving money for runescapes further development, etc.

Which advertising obviously DOESN'T contribute to :roll:

That's beside the point: This is an unfair advantage over free players. Is that so hard to see? JaGeX doesn't allow ex-members to use their weapons, armor, spells, etc. in f2p. I think they should go a step further here. Find other ways to reward ex-members that doesn't screw us over once in a while.

dude the author of this topic ur a nub...dude...im f2p now and i tell people that they should become a mem and just train straight agil for a month then come f2p...(lol no joke just told a lv 105 to do it who has never been a mem) but anyway....jagex will never do that...just stop ur whining......god...85 rune miner...tahts y he dont like it...cause we can keep up with him if he runs...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Ok, everyone that says nonmembers don't support the game, they do. Almost more than all the members. More on topic, the only place this really becomes an advantage is in the wilderness (as you said). But, the wilderness is dangerous. Runite mining isn't easy. Sometimes life isn't fair. If you're scared of being killed by former members that trained agility, don't go in the wilderness. There are other ways to make money besides Runite mining in F2P. In conclusion, I was a nonmember for just over a year, and I think I know what I'm talking about. I'm looking forward to your response towards this.

Matt

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I cant believe the ampunt of brains of some of the members who post here. The advantage is huge, with even lowly agility you can outrun unarmored F2P'ers, armored! It is a huge benefit, especially when you are pking in smaller groups.

It is an unfair advantage, and it is a very big one.

It doesn't matter whether the people who benefit from this pay money or not, it wrecks the pking for everybody.

conplaatje3vl9.png

Agility does not lengthen the amount of time that you're able to run. It just recharges faster. They'll be able to run just as fast as you. Whining over nothing.

Try pking someone who camps on aggro monsters. That's fine until you realize that their run restores significantly faster than yours.

That's exactly what I said. It does not lengthen the amount of time you can run, but it recharges faster. Read please. If your energy is fully restored you have just as much time to run as someone with 99 agility that has fully restored energy.

Agility does not lengthen the amount of time that you're able to run. It just recharges faster. They'll be able to run just as fast as you. Whining over nothing.

Not true, actually. While you don't run any faster, agility allows your energy to drain slower at higher levels as well as recharging faster.

Cowmasta13.png

Ah yes, let them program it so that a bonus of agil doesn't work.

That takes up room which updates could use and minimal server space (may be little but may cause lagg)

We paid and we get a small bonus, get over it.

Oh and I wanna really know if you are a rune miner, the guy in your avvy only has 45 fm.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Ah yes, let them program it so that a bonus of agil doesn't work.

That takes up room which updates could use and minimal server space (may be little but may cause lagg)

We paid and we get a small bonus, get over it.

Oh and I wanna really know if you are a rune miner, the guy in your avvy only has 45 fm.

My main, omniicyshelf, is a rune miner. I'm also a very good escape artist: I don't need agility to escape my foes, and it usually doesn't matter if my foes have agility. The situation in my signature has happened many times. Generally I'm being pursued by a fairly large number of people. It's great fun to get away from them XD

Yes, you get a "small" bonus, but it's still stomping on the rest of us and you can't deny that. It is, in JaGeX's words, an "unfair advantage." Most (actually, all) of the people who don't support my case are members and they don't want their benefits taken away that they expect even though they're no longer paying- Damn the free players, am I right?

That's exactly what I said. It does not lengthen the amount of time you can run, but it recharges faster. Read please. If your energy is fully restored you have just as much time to run as someone with 99 agility that has fully restored energy.

My point is precisely that it recharges faster. Someone who camps on aggressive monsters is able to restore run energy while evading attack. When this is combined with agility, it easily allows said person to run farther than and easily outdistance an f2p attacker. The reverse proves true for f2p runners.

You are an idiot, you give Jagex 0.1 cents a day oh em ef gee let's take away our payed benefits. Seriously, stop being so damn ignorant and get a frikkin' life, if this is all you can complain about. On that thought, why don't you go complain about how people pk rune miners, I'm sure that has much more thought than this.

You are an idiot, you give Jagex 0.1 cents a day oh em ef gee let's take away our payed benefits. Seriously, stop being so damn ignorant and get a frikkin' life, if this is all you can complain about. On that thought, why don't you go complain about how people pk rune miners, I'm sure that has much more thought than this.

Thank you for your valuable comma-spliced opinion. The next I want to make sure that I'm not an ignorant idiot with no life, I'll get online, go to a RuneScape forum, and flame anonymous posters of valid opinions that I already thought were worthless to begin with by throwing such scathing insults as "whiner" or "moron" at them.

It's kind of discouraging when this kind of infantile insult-volleying constitutes eighty-five percent of my thread. Please, make a valid point with some maturity or don't post at all. You'll only embarrass yourself.

Ah, well, it's a fairly recent relationship, but of course advertising revenue is a very important part of what we we are doing. Advertising was originally our only revenue source, and these ads basically allow us to run the free version of the game. With the free version, we basically break even, but of course this version is very important to us as it brings in new players and introduces more people to the game.

Andrew Gower, Gamasutra Interview - May 3, 2007

that is very true, free players are a *very* importent aspect of the game, i never doubted that. but agility is for people that payed, even if they don't pay now. and if it meens life and death, well, maby you could become a member and mine in the heroes guild. i think that if you pay, and even if you stop paying, you should still get the bonus.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

that is very true, free players are a *very* importent aspect of the game, i never doubted that. but agility is for people that payed, even if they don't pay now. and if it meens life and death, well, maby you could become a member and mine in the heroes guild. i think that if you pay, and even if you stop paying, you should still get the bonus.

Alright, I can respect former members having benefits for having paid, but really, can you say it is fair for those benefits to be advantages in competitive situations? Agility is perfectly fine for skills and related things, but in combat you have to admit that this simply doesn't work.

I think many of you get the impression that I'm scared of PKers while mining rune. The picture is simply meant to be funny and depict the occasional hassles of runite mining. I really don't mind PKers so much now: They have turned out to be a great source of profit and amusement for me. Yes, I'll run if I'm outmatched or outnumbered: I'm not dumb, and I'm sure you'd do the same. Agility has rarely ever been the reason a member has been able to catch me. The complaint arises when they try to get away or if f2p clans are facing off against p2p clans.

just read what everyone has said please (pl0x for you f2per)

Which basically boils down to

- Shut up and get members

- We "earned" it because we paid and trained the skill

- You don't support the game

- The topic author is dumb and should shoot himself

- Stop whining

- It recharges run faster, not makes you run faster or makes you run for a longer period of time

So:

- No.

- You paid, but you stopped paying: You say you supported, and so do we f2pers. You paid extra, so you get extra? No problem, but that doesn't mean you should get an arm over us, especially if it wasn't even your own money that you paid for membership. JaGeX themselves have said that they don't want people to get ahead just because they have money (of course membership is the big exception, but that should NOT apply when returning to f2p)

- See above

- Get out of my thread

- Stop "whining" if "whining" bothers you so much

- Monster camping, run down to zero equals faster recharge, etc. etc. etc.

I've read pretty much every counterpoint that's been made here and none of the people who made them are willing to admit that agility lends unfair advantages to those who have it, nor can they come up with anything new to say.