Kill Agility in the F2P Wilderness!

I believe that JaGeX should either allow free players some means of training agility or remove its run-restoring properties from the free game wilderness.

Why?

It really isn't fair that former members or visiting members should keep the benefits of agility in free world wilderness. It provides players with it an unfair advantage over others merely because they had once payed to play the game.

Arguments against:

1. Members paid for their benefits and contributed to the further development of the game. They should be allowed extra benefits.

2. Agility provides an extra challenge for F2P players to overcome.

3. Agility only increases run restore rate. It doesn't decrease run drain rate or increase run speed. It should not afford a significant advantage in the wilderness.

4. You're only mad because you're a rune miner and we catch up with you easily.

5. Free players don't support the game. We do, so we should be allowed to stomp on you however we please.

Responses:

1. Members did pay for their benefits, but that is no justification for being provided with advantages that are to the detriment of free players. That's not in the spirit of the game, and free worlds are expressly meant to be WITHOUT the benefits of membership.

2. Challenges can be fun. I don't relish this one largely because I see it as an unecessary obstacle.

3. Run restore rates become fairly significant when your target camps among aggressive monsters to avoid your attack. They gain more run energy than you do, and hence they are able to keep running long after you are unable to. The flip side of this is that they will be able to catch you when you try to escape.

4. Come try to kill me. My private chat's on (RSN OmniIcyshelf). I'll be at the rune rocks.

5. We provide an influx of new members as well as advertising revenue for JaGeX, which Andrew Gower himself has said to be a very significant portion of their funds. Treating us as second-class players is not going to get JaGeX many customers.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support.

It is not fair that a small group have got such a huge benefit.

Energy shortage is worth taking no armor in wilderness.

I can't believe people vote against this.

conplaatje3vl9.png

Hey they paid for being members once...they should have some little tiny benefit. ::'

They paid but then they stopped paying. Why should they get extra benefits over others who aren't paying membership fees either?

...we donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want RuneScape to be just a game in which you can buy your way to success, if we let players start doing this it devalues the game for other players...

Agility does not lengthen the amount of time that you're able to run. It just recharges faster. They'll be able to run just as fast as you. Whining over nothing.

Try pking someone who camps on aggro monsters. That's fine until you realize that their run restores significantly faster than yours.

to the author of this tread: you just got p00ned ^-^

If you're going to be immature then please take it somewhere else.

+1 they earned it so they should use it

You can also "earn" an Abyssal Whip. Would you support its use in f2p?

your gonna get alot of members here telling your a noob, and that they pay money, and you get what you pay for, and f2p is a demo, and f2p is worthless cause we "dont contrbute" and f2p blah blah blah..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I support though \'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I have two opinions:

1. If it actually makes a big difference, then it could mean the difference between life or death to a pker. Take it out.

2. If it doen't make a big difference, keep it and quit whining.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Not gonna happen :boohoo: ....

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

will all of you just shut the hell up!

p2p once supported the game, and so they trained agility, and got the benifs, even if they arn't paying now, they once did, and supported the game, now, f2p on the other hand, never did anything to the game, except spam the servers :XD: and havn't supported the game atall.

now, if you want the benifts, buy ONE MONTH of membership, and devote it all to agility training, you could get 99 in that time not doing anything else, then, once its over, you get the benifts in f2p.

please stop your whining,

it doesn't make you run faster, just recharges faster
he said it all, so, pking, former members (or members pking on f2p servers) won't outrun you.a;though they will out-re-charge you :XD: \' :mrgreen:

if you wan't the agility benifts, become a member, if you wanna sit around and complain then do it on another community (like runehq :mrgreen: :XD: )

now, its only $7.30 so that much a month... and your set.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

So I can make a valid point and it's disregarded as "whining"? Is that the level to which you must stoop to stomp on my argument? I've made my point, and nobody seems to have noticed it: It can EASILY make the difference between life and death in the wilderness. If you're going to deny that then obviously you must have a screw loose.

now, its only $7.30 so that much a month... and your set.

The main reason I haven't become a member has nothing to do with my inability or unwillingness to pay the money: I can and I would do it, but I'm so disgusted by the attitudes of many of the ones I've seen toward f2pers and even each other that I don't care to join them. Besides, I like hashing it out in f2p: you DO have to work harder and/or longer for the stats.

though they will out-re-charge you

I didn't miss that. Twenty seconds of camping on aggressive monsters and a former (or visiting, which seems to be popular among them for some reason) member will have more than enough energy to escape you. Conversely, you won't have much of a chance of escaping a p2p opponent (or series, which is more often than not the case for me but even with that advantage none have been competent enough to kill me for the past 821 ores) on foot with the same strategy. Even without camping many can simply run both parties out of energy and then, with their faster recharging, make a break for it. Don't even tell me to Bind: it's a crap spell and you know it.

now, if you want the benifts, buy ONE MONTH of membership, and devote it all to agility training, you could get 99 in that time not doing anything else, then, once its over, you get the benifts in f2p.

I challenge you to get 99 agility in ONE MONTH from any time at which you'd like to accept it, provided you start with a level below 20. Give me your RSN now to prove that you have that low level, and if you accept I'd better see that same name on the high scores with a shiny white 99 next to the agility stat.

Moving on. If someone asks for additional f2p benefits, I can understand why some of you people say that we get what we pay for (which is advertising money; I don't use AdBlock for any of RuneScape's sponsors). I think that's reasonable. But to condone this sort of advantage after some thought is clearly either elitism, greed, or madness. You paid, so what? Why should that make you different from the rest once you stop or change to a world where you are expressly meant to be WITHOUT the benefits of your payment?

If nothing else, abolish agility in the f2p wilderness. Is that so unreasonable?