Kill Agility in the F2P Wilderness!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read what everyone has said please (pl0x for you f2per)

I've read pretty much every counterpoint that's been made here and none of the people who made them are willing to admit that agility lends unfair advantages to those who have it, nor can they come up with anything new to say.

And apperantly you cant really come up with some good reason as to why we cant use agil in free worlds...and if i must say one of your points is wrong..in an above post you said all your bashers ARE p2p i would like to say i have 53 agil and im now f2p....and i do support jagex and you could actually support them by clicking on the advertisements up top....maybe kill that dang chicken a few times give them some penny's and stop complaining about those who actually paid 5 bucks to get agil..so pretty much you loose if yo dont like pay 5 bucks for 1 month and get your dang agil up and then become a hypocrite you whining little Fruitcake.....Mod out there this should be locked....before more flaming occurs'

This comes from Heartless619 my brother...

I cant believe so many people vote against this, it is very unfair...

What's next allowing dragon weapons in F2P? Yes I paid for it now I have the right to be unbeatable to people who didn't.

Well that's NOT in the spirit of the game.

I cant believe how tiny member's brains can be, that the author needs to explain and argumant so many times and you still don't get it. :x

If you don't have any brains, please don't post here. =;

conplaatje3vl9.png

And apperantly you cant really come up with some good reason as to why we cant use agil in free worlds...

I've already stated my reason several times. IT GIVES MEMBERS AND FORMER MEMBERS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE WILDERNESS! Please understand that running allows energy to recharge faster, facilitating member and ex-member escapes and making it virtually impossible to f2pers to escape from those same people without calling up some extra ingenuity. I've also been told that high agility levels lower run drain rate. If that's true, that makes it about twice as bad.

and if i must say one of your points is wrong..in an above post you said all your bashers ARE p2p i would like to say i have 53 agil and im now f2p...

When I say my detractors are all p2p, I mean that they either currently are or once were. The point is that they once paid for membership and now resent the people who ask for JaGeX to level the playing field.

and i do support jagex and you could actually support them by clicking on the advertisements up top....maybe kill that dang chicken a few times give them some penny's and stop complaining about those who actually paid 5 bucks to get agil..

Thanks for taking the time to read Andrew Gower's opinion on advertising.

so pretty much you loose if yo dont like pay 5 bucks for 1 month and get your dang agil up and then become a hypocrite you whining little Fruitcake.....

Like I said, agility pretty much hasn't accounted for much of a difference in my wilderness experience (except when I beat a member/ex-member and they run) because I am very good at escaping, but I know that it CAN and DOES make a big difference in multiple other situations. If that's what you meant by "loosing" because I don't pay for membership, then you're wrong.

If you meant I "loose" the argument, then you're also wrong, because clearly the best point you can come up with is that I'm a "whining little Fruitcake [sic]" for pointing out a problem that would disadvantage you if it was solved.

Mod out there this should be locked....before more flaming occurs'

Who was calling me a hypocrite and a "whining little fruitcake"...?

This comes from Heartless619 my brother...

I wish you had put that first so I'd know to skip your entire post.

Really now, come on. Would you f2ps stop complaining?! Your playing an online game, a free online game. You get what you don't pay for, so stop whining.

thats not the point... it doesnt matter that it restores in p2p thats kewl... but its annoing for f2pers in the wildy cuz we cant... :roll:

whould it be fair if p2pers could use p2p armour in f2p? i think its just the same point... it makes them overpowered... there shouldnt be anyway to have an advantage to f2pers... just to make sure p2pers dont ruin the f2p wildy... (like they do now...)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

and if i must say one of your points is wrong..in an above post you said all your bashers ARE p2p i would like to say i have 53 agil and im now f2p...

When I say my detractors are all p2p, I mean that they either currently are or once were. The point is that they once paid for membership and now resent the people who ask for JaGeX to level the playing field.

You are still incorrect. At least one who disagrees has never been a member (Yes, thats me).

You are still incorrect. At least one who disagrees has never been a member (Yes, thats me).

Very well, so I was wrong about that. Does that have anything to do with the main premise of the argument? Not really.

NEARLY all of my detractors are or have been members. I don't see why you would disagree with my main point, however, considering that other member features are not allowed in free worlds.

Let me ask you this: If ONLY former members or visiting members were allowed to use Snare in free worlds, would you think that unfair although they trained to the required magic level and paid, as per your previous point? Or is Agility an exception, despite the fact that both abilities essentially amount to the same thing in the wilderness?

They paid for it once, they should get some benifet.

YES, THEY PAID. I GET IT. If you get benefits for being or having been a member, I'M OK WITH THAT AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE REST OF US IN THE WILDERNESS! I'm fine with you having agility outside of the wild. But in it? JaGeX may as well give you guys the ability to Snare or Entangle. Hell, let's give you guys Ancients: You did the quest, and that was pretty hard, right? You got the levels, did the prerequisites, and trained your magic level, and you paid. Fair, right?

Is it really that hard to see the fallacy in "you paid and trained so you earned the right to use it in the free world"? Must I repeat it for the next four posts until you pick it up?

I didn't even know that agility increased you run rate...

To my knowledge, it increases run restore rate. Only one person on this thread mentioned that agility may also decrease run loss rate. Can anyone else confirm this?

Let me ask you this: If ONLY former members or visiting members were allowed to use Snare in free worlds, would you think that unfair although they trained to the required magic level and paid, as per your previous point? Or is Agility an exception, despite the fact that both abilities essentially amount to the same thing in the wilderness?
To be honest, I wouldn't care. I see it as a challenge that I need to pass. I prefer greater challenges. If the challenge ends up being too great, and I die, I know I need to train more. If they did remove Agility benefits from F2P, its not like I would be upset. I wouldn't care either way.

Very well, so I was wrong about that. Does that have anything to do with the main premise of the argument? Not really.
I just didn't wish for you to continue to overlook the fact that it is not only members and former members that would disagree with this.

To my knowledge, it increases run restore rate. Only one person on this thread mentioned that agility may also decrease run loss rate. Can anyone else confirm this?
My friend and I did a little test. My level 1 Agility versus his level 57 Agility and we ran the same distance before we could run no further.

will all of you just shut the hell up!

p2p once supported the game, and so they trained agility, and got the benifs, even if they arn't paying now, they once did, and supported the game, now, f2p on the other hand, never did anything to the game, except spam the servers :XD: and havn't supported the game atall.

now, if you want the benifts, buy ONE MONTH of membership, and devote it all to agility training, you could get 99 in that time not doing anything else, then, once its over, you get the benifts in f2p.

please stop your whining,

it doesn't make you run faster, just recharges faster
he said it all, so, pking, former members (or members pking on f2p servers) won't outrun you.a;though they will out-re-charge you :XD: \' :mrgreen:

if you wan't the agility benifts, become a member, if you wanna sit around and complain then do it on another community (like runehq :mrgreen: :XD: )

now, its only $7.30 so that much a month... and your set.

It's $5 for me :) I agree completely with your post

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

Keep the benifits

BTW Artificial_Doom_Flavor I dont see ure lvl 86 minin on the highscores. If its on a different account I would like to know the name.

He has a rune mining pure.Look at his sig it has a different name on it

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

o be honest, I wouldn't care. I see it as a challenge that I need to pass. I prefer greater challenges. If the challenge ends up being too great, and I die, I know I need to train more. If they did remove Agility benefits from F2P, its not like I would be upset. I wouldn't care either way.

Admirable stand. But would any amount of training prepare you to fight and win against someone with member capabilities when you have only free ones?

I just didn't wish for you to continue to overlook the fact that it is not only members and former members that would disagree with this.

Agreed.

My friend and I did a little test. My level 1 Agility versus his level 57 Agility and we ran the same distance before we could run no further.

Any equipment differences? If not, then Bauke is right; however, that doesn't change the fact that a member still has the recharging advantage (which, as I have pointed out, can be critical).

He has a rune mining pure

My main, actually ^_^ The name is OmniIcyshelf.

I'm going to change the title, because it seems as though some are reading only the title and first post without reading the rest.

Any equipment differences? If not, then Bauke is right; however, that doesn't change the fact that a member still has the recharging advantage (which, as I have pointed out, can be critical).

No, neither wore anything, nor carried anything. I know it can be somewhat unfair since it recharges faster, but finding ways to counteract it is more fun than removing it. And one final note before I move on, training will only take me so far, I admit. But I love the thrill.

so, listen to him...

He likes the challenge of circumventing the advantage of agility. I already do this on a regular basis, but I don't see why I should have to.

Other people are not as savvy as us, and they will lose out even though without the advantage having existed in the first place they would be alright.

I wish members would shut up about how "members completely support the game"...gosh! You know a long time ago in a galaxy far far away members DID NOT EXIST! its called advertisements people!! its really annoying when members get on their kick at how their so important supporting the game <.<

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide