Kill Agility in the F2P Wilderness!

No I disagree, members have a minor advantage over non-members in certain aspects. It's fine, it doesn't really affect anybody anyway...

Actually, I JUST died to a clan of PKers. I was camping on the ice giants and ran out of run: if I had agility, I would have had enough energy to escape. I would never outrun my member pursuers, but I would have enough energy to run down sufficient levels to be out of their attacking range. This sort of thing happens to me only very rarely, so I don't mind it as much. All I mind is that they broke my streak because they had like ten people >:(

If you and the clan of pkers both started the "chasing" race with 100% energy and running throughout, like agility lvl is going to matter. Due to fast drainage of energy while running, high agility is only going to regenerate less than 10% energy throughout the whole race, therefore when you start walking, they are likely to only have less than 10% energy left, so does that matter that much? If you are running out of energy much faster than members, blame it on the weight you carry, agility plays minimum role in such cases.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard seeing the nonstupid posts trough the stupid posts (like the one above)

Ill try to explain the significance of agility in the wilderness with these numbers (taken from the runehq calc)

Time=amount of time you can run before energy drops to 0%

Unarmored 1 agility: 98 seconds

Unarmored 50 agility: 111 seconds

Unarmored 99 agility: 128 seconds

Armored 1 agility: 69 seconds

Armored 50 agility: 76 seconds

Armored 99 agility: 85 seconds

With agility you can rune much longer, it is worth taking no armor, but members with their fast energy restore rate can take armor at leisure.

These times are when running non stop with 100% energy, but the members advantages are even bigger, at 50 agility (easy to reach) you regenerate about twice as fast then somebody with 1 agility, at 99 agility, you regenerate energy almost 4x as fast. This allows you to catch up fleeing F2P'ers easily, and vice versa, F2P'ers can never catch an agile member.

Only in huge clan wars, where you get killed very fast, this advantage is not as big, but pking solo, or in small groups then the members is invincible and can easily catch up.

Now after seeing these numbers, tell me... is the advantage still so small as you would think? No, this is just as big as for example allowing dragon weapons in F2P, or like previously mentioned, allowing snare spells or even entangle.

So please think before you post here, this topic is filled with idiotic oneliners.

Yes it does matter...alot

conplaatje3vl9.png

oh come on! just get over it! jeez just become a member!

true, you can't just argue anymore, we've said it all.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

I used to be P2P. My level 32 Agility has gotten me 2 sets of Full Rune before. :D

And there we have it, folks. Indisputable -_-

ok first off 32 agil hardly will help this guy get 2 sets of rune....my agil is 53 and it hardly helps me...because 32 agil isn't actually very high any person could get that in a day....and its not a flaw in the system for Christ sakes...we payed good money to have mem benifits and we spent good time on training agil therefore we get to keep it...i still have not seen a good enough reason to take it out of f2p...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

I cant believe so many people vote against this, it is very unfair...

What's next allowing dragon weapons in F2P? Yes I paid for it now I have the right to be unbeatable to people who didn't.

Well that's NOT in the spirit of the game.

I cant believe how tiny member's brains can be, that the author needs to explain and argumant so many times and you still don't get it. :x

If you don't have any brains, please don't post here. =;

ok so..you think that all former P2P people who are now F2P should have there total level reduced???? because well now they are F2P and of coursed they earned those levels fair and square...but we should have are total level only count F2P skills????that is what you are saying in the long run...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

oh come on! just get over it! jeez just become a member!

True, you can't just argue anymore, we've said it all.

Thats not a good argument, in fact I havent even heard 1 valid argument against this.

conplaatje3vl9.png

ok so..you think that all former P2P people who are now F2P should have there total level reduced???? because well now they are F2P and of coursed they earned those levels fair and square...but we should have are total level only count F2P skills????that is what you are saying in the long run...

No, no! That's not at all what we're saying! We're saying that the skill level should remain the same but have NO EFFECT in free server wilderness, similar to how you can have a farming level but can't use farming.

and its not a flaw in the system for Christ sakes...

It is a flaw in the system because the advantage is totally determined by who paid money and who didn't, not by who's more clever a strategist (and let's face it- with how luck-based damage is in RS, more than half the battle is about strategies used to increase victory probabilities).

we payed good money to have mem benifits and we spent good time on training agil therefore we get to keep it

You paid "good money," huh? Isn't your crowd also the one telling me that it's "only" five dollars?

How many times are you going to make me point out the fallacy in those two arguments? I'm not even going to bother anymore. Either read or stop posting.

ok first off 32 agil hardly will help this guy get 2 sets of rune....my agil is 53 and it hardly helps me...because 32 agil isn't actually very high any person could get that in a day....

The agility DID help him; he said so himself. It's also helped my pursuers.

...i still have not seen a good enough reason to take it out of f2p...

and i haven't heard one valid argument for this..

So saying that the wilderness should be rebalanced because you are given an advantage unattainable for many is not a valid argument? What is wrong with you people?

this is geting stupid. JagEx is showing you F2P'ers how great it is to become a member. there pushing you. there giving P2P loads of updates, x-members still keep agility and it annoys you. JaGeX is a company and it looks like there doing there job well. they want you to become a member. thats why there keeping F2P as low as possible no updates nothing.

this is geting stupid. JagEx is showing you F2P'ers how great it is to become a member. there pushing you. there giving P2P loads of updates, x-members still keep agility and it annoys you. JaGeX is a company and it looks like there doing there job well. they want you to become a member. thats why there keeping F2P as low as possible no updates nothing.

There's a big difference between encouraging f2pers to get members and screwing them over because they don't. This is the sort of thing that falls into the latter category. If you can't see that, then you need to get your head examined.

There's a big difference between encouraging f2pers to get members and screwing them over because they don't. This is the sort of thing that falls into the latter category. If you can't see that, then you need to get your head examined.

lol ok first off you play for free...so stop complaining...the only way you could have a say is to become a mem then become F2P again...so just stop your complaining...has hardy said, " JaGeX is a company and it looks like there doing there job well. they want you to become a member. thats why there keeping F2P as low as possible no updates nothing." case in point...thank you have a nice Rs life.

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

lol ok first off you play for free...so stop complaining...the only way you could have a say is to become a mem then become F2P again...so just stop your complaining...has hardy said, " JaGeX is a company and it looks like there doing there job well. they want you to become a member. thats why there keeping F2P as low as possible no updates nothing." case in point...thank you have a nice Rs life.

If they want free players to become members (which obviously they do), they would not make agility something that transfers from members to free worlds. That frustrates free players. A frustrated player is not a happy player, and unhappy players who might've been hard-pressed to pay anything before sure as HELL won't now if that's the kind of attention JaGeX pays them (as "valued" players- he has said the free game is also very important to him).

JaGeX's aim is to encourage membership, not coerce it. Most of the members I've encountered try to coerce others into becoming them (as you have). The main reason I'm not a member, as a matter of fact, is because people with your attitudes exist.

you cant say that its not working.. they have reached 1 million members.

What percentage of the people who have been members do you think got agility just so they can use it in f2p?

For some baffling reason, you still can't admit that this is an unfair advantage. There are people who simply CANNOT pay the money. I think it utterly ridiculous that someone who pays five dollars can have this kind of advantage over someone who is much better at the game than they are.

its not a unfair advantage...what do you want me to do if you cant pay for a membership.. start walking for you?

i dont think you understand ill make it as simple as possible

- we pay

- are membership expires

- we keep agility

- we get the upper-hand cause we payed

THATS another reason why jagex let e-members keep there agility.. so F2P'ers would become members...

its working

its not a unfair advantage...what do you want me to do if you cant pay for a membership.. start walking for you?

i dont think you understand ill make it as simple as possible

- we pay

- are membership expires

- we keep agility

- we get the upper-hand cause we payed

THATS another reason why jagex let e-members keep there agility.. so F2P'ers would become members...

its working

I understand your argument. I've been trying for the last six pages to drill into your head exactly why it is a stupid one.

The solution: pay $5. Get members for 1 month and train agility. I believe you will get around lvl 70 without no-lifing. That takes care of the problem, and gives you an advantage.

To me, this goes in the same category as ppl who want prayer taken out of the wildy because it gives other players an "unfair advantage".

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

To me, this goes in the same category as ppl who want prayer taken out of the wildy because it gives other players an "unfair advantage".

Apples and oranges. Any player who takes the time may raise prayer. In the other case, you MUST pay before you can have any access to agility training at all. Free players lose, members laugh, and JaGeX gets fuller pockets for a stupid advantage that no sane game designer would have included in the first place.

Seems like everything you guys throw at me comes down to the same old thing: "Shut up and pay like the rest of us." Not everybody can. I can, but I'm speaking on the behalf of those who can't.

well you can so stop complaining..and let those who cant speak for them selfs....if they can afford internet and what not..im sure in america 5$ is really nothing...and no im not that rich in RL? but 5$ is not that hard to come up with...get a job or mow some1s lawn and there you go.....

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

well you can so stop complaining..and let those who cant speak for them selfs....if they can afford internet and what not..im sure in america 5$ is really nothing...and no im not that rich in RL? but 5$ is not that hard to come up with...get a job or mow some1s lawn and there you go.....

I could easily pay the five dollars, get the agility, and "quit complaining," but I would know then that I'd have an advantage over other free players that they may have no way of attaining. And having been a free player for a very long time, I don't think I'd like to do that to them. I don't buy into the "should because I can" philosophy. There are multiple other reasons I'm not a member, and I have already stated a few of them several times.

Keep in mind, too- plenty of people have the money, but no way of sending it so that they can get membership.

lol in all honesty i dont pk at all i really dislike it because to many people dont use the honor system therefore i dont go...but still the fact that we payed..we should be able to keep a little bit of mem...and yes i do understand your points and why you dont agree with mine/Our way of thinking but you honestly dont know untill you have been a mem...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

I still think this should be removed. In fact, I now think that it should ALSO be removed for one of the very reasons you've been using all along: You pay for your benefits to support RuneScape's further developments. If you're allowed to keep benefits as an ex-member, what incentive do you have to go back and pay again? JaGeX doesn't want fly-by-night consumers- they want people to be hooked and stay subscribed. They make more money that way. Not gonna happen if you give ex-members enough benefits that they're comfortable in not paying any more. From the way you cling to this one I'd say it's pretty important.

well.for one i plan on becoming a member again...but there are reason why some people must become F2P again..my reason was school but now that school is ending i plan to become a member again..and either way jagexs is making money if you just wanna be a mem to train agil then stop you training agil for a month dosnt do anything for them but put 5$ in there pocket..they dont care if thats all you did they are in this buisness to make money..now if you like what you see and want more then duh of course you will pay if you want the extra goodies..but if a f2P pker is that dedicated to pking people well lol w.e..iv got better things to do then judge them.,..but as long as jagex has a way to make money then its gonna stay that way..and its only one benifit you get to keep...see all these nubs complaining about more bank space...welll jagexs has a reason they wont do it...Money..tahts what it all boils down to is making money...no matter how unfair it might be to F2P..F2P is still only really a trial run....like a WOW 14 day free trial..and they limit to what you can do in Trial runs...therefore wanting or making you pay for members...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Not gonna happen if you give ex-members enough benefits that they're comfortable in not paying any more.

well they dont give us enough benifits...when i had to become a F2P you wouldnt believe how much stuff i had to drop or sell to make 3 slots in my bank...so agil is the only benefit they give us...and really doesnt help in the long run....*note long run..

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Not gonna happen if you give ex-members enough benefits that they're comfortable in not paying any more.

well they dont give us enough benifits...when i had to become a F2P you wouldnt believe how much stuff i had to drop or sell to make 3 slots in my bank...so agil is the only benefit they give us...and really doesnt help in the long run....*note long run..

I beg to differ. 70 agility would really help my runecrafting stat and my mining trade.

F2P is still only really a trial run....like a WOW 14 day free trial..and they limit to what you can do in Trial runs...therefore wanting or making you pay for members...

Prankster made a really good point in explaining how the free game continues to develop and form a major part of the game's economy as a whole. I don't think it serves as merely a trial version any more, especially considering that it DOES continue to receive updates (if minor ones).