Kill Agility in the F2P Wilderness!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think this should be removed. In fact, I now think that it should be removed for one of the very reasons you've been using all along: You pay for your benefits to support RuneScape's further developments. If you're allowed to keep benefits as an ex-member, what incentive do you have to go back and pay again? JaGeX doesn't want fly-by-night consumers- they want people to be hooked and stay subscribed. They make more money that way. Not gonna happen if you give ex-members enough benefits that they're comfortable in not paying any more. From the way you cling to this one I'd say it's pretty important.

^^thats true, you first real argument... anyway, there are many other skills, farming. herblore, hunter, construction, thieving... and all the different places, let me tell you, its so much nicer, to have different spots to fish and mine... so a member would become a member again for THOSE benifts, members isn't just agility you know.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

oh come on! just get over it! jeez just become a member!

True, you can't just argue anymore, we've said it all.

Thats not a good argument, in fact I havent even heard 1 valid argument against this.

Tbh, your not going to get a valid argument, people want what they want, and it makes argument... however, your not going to get a valid one because people can't validate what you are arguing about.

in short, this is going nowhere, fast. Yes, it's an unfair advantage... but what is membership really? Just an unfair advantage. I feel that JaGex doesnt want to upset the members because they are a larger source of cash, but they retain core values of what THEY consider an unfair advantage

You can also argue that the XP gained from quests/pc/tears of guthix should be formulated to give hp, in order to dissipate members unfair advantage in f2p, but i really hope you dont.

I'm f2p for a bit, and I feel that i deserve what i paid for.

But, It wouldnt matter to me if they tweaked the wildy to make it more fair for f2p pkers and etc. (say, drain agility to 0 when entering the wildy on f2p servers, and have it remain 0 until death/leaving)

I wouldnt like if something like that happened, but i wouldnt really care -.-

*im not responsible for lack of sense, my engrishh is rather bad*

With all the other Member "benefits", they dissapear when you stop paying. You have to sell or drop a tonne of stuff cause your bank can't hold enough. You can't access the member only areas. You can't go into the house you just spent 10mil making... etc, add nauseum. Why is it that you get to keep your agility???

With that being said, why can't you keep your agility? If they were to take away everything you did while a member, wouldn't you then say that all the xp points you ammased killing green dragons should be taken away? What about the money you made crafting nats, or green d'hide? For that matter, your crafting level would fall from 99 to 20, just cause all that xp was gotten by member crafting.

I agree that you shouldn't get the benefits of p2p on f2p servers... to a point. I would say that if you are a CURRENT member, you should be able to use the extra benefit of agility and your run replenishment on f2p. If you are no longer a CURRENT member, this should be taken away, just like all the other member benefits are.

Sooooo, support yes!

Also, support no!

(Does that make sense???)

Lion+O+1.png

^^thats true, you first real argument...

I'm curious: What would make this argument any different from the last ones I've made? I mean, I've only been thoroughly dissecting every counterpoint you've made for the past six pages, REPEATEDLY.

anyway, there are many other skills, farming. herblore, hunter, construction, thieving... and all the different places, let me tell you, its so much nicer, to have different spots to fish and mine... so a member would become a member again for THOSE benifts, members isn't just agility you know.

My point is this: Someone who gets members just long enough to get very high agility can use the skill to train other stats in f2p to save the real money yet retain that carryover benefit. Until they get those free skills to a satisfactory level, they may not want to shell out more cash for the other advantages that they do not need. For instance, 70 agility would help me immensely in my escape efforts from PKers, but I don't want to mine rune in the Hero's Guild.

And besides, when you always keep up with your target or escape your foes in the wilderness, what incentive does an ex-member PKer have to go back when the stakes are so much higher in the member wilderness?

I really don't think it's unreasonable to ask that agility should at the very least be removed from the wilderness. After all, we don't give ex-members ancients or wave spells, let alone dragon weapons and barrows. You may have paid for it, but should that give you the right to use it in free worlds? You guys may feel that you deserve what you paid for, and I can understand that. But what I don't understand is why you seem to think that it should be ok to keep benefits that can be harmful to the rest of us.

Nobody's talking about lowering levels permanently or anything like that- just making everyone recover run at the same rate.

erm, harmfull... its just a game, remember that.

With all the other Member "benefits", they dissapear when you stop paying. You have to sell or drop a tonne of stuff cause your bank can't hold enough. You can't access the member only areas. You can't go into the house you just spent 10mil making... etc, add nauseum. Why is it that you get to keep your agility???

With that being said, why can't you keep your agility? If they were to take away everything you did while a member, wouldn't you then say that all the xp points you ammased killing green dragons should be taken away? What about the money you made crafting nats, or green d'hide? For that matter, your crafting level would fall from 99 to 20, just cause all that xp was gotten by member crafting.

I agree that you shouldn't get the benefits of p2p on f2p servers... to a point. I would say that if you are a CURRENT member, you should be able to use the extra benefit of agility and your run replenishment on f2p. If you are no longer a CURRENT member, this should be taken away, just like all the other member benefits are.

Sooooo, support yes!

Also, support no!

(Does that make sense???)

^^supported. ex-members should have it taken away, but not "CURRENT" members. i 110% support.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

agh, lets just stop this righ here and now...we have seen all the argumental points. and we are just walking in circles again and again...so..lets just be the bigger man and walk away...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Maybe the way that Jagex has coded it, it is impossible to turn off agility's effects on energy. MAYBE.

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

yes.

just stop, jagex will NOT do that. so this is getting very boring, can you just stop?

JaGeX won't do a lot of things that are in the threads here. Yet, they are still up.

The only reason I would stop is likely because this is a very unpopular idea here.

Jagex doesn't listen to F2P'ers.. its so easy to see.. look at the More bank sapce thread.. its been going on from a year and a half but jagex doesn't care.. theres threads like that in every forum... but jagex seem to ignore it...

I still think this should be removed. In fact, I now think that it should be removed for one of the very reasons you've been using all along: You pay for your benefits to support RuneScape's further developments. If you're allowed to keep benefits as an ex-member, what incentive do you have to go back and pay again? JaGeX doesn't want fly-by-night consumers- they want people to be hooked and stay subscribed. They make more money that way. Not gonna happen if you give ex-members enough benefits that they're comfortable in not paying any more. From the way you cling to this one I'd say it's pretty important.

^^thats true, you first real argument... anyway, there are many other skills, farming. herblore, hunter, construction, thieving... and all the different places, let me tell you, its so much nicer, to have different spots to fish and mine... so a member would become a member again for THOSE benifts, members isn't just agility you know.

Ok You rant and rave saying about an over-night 1tmembership? That is not the only reason people become a member. Just for agility? Come on, seriosuly, their are many other skills they would like to have, and maybe they don't know about keeping agility, Mine is only 38 and I personally believe that any membership benefits I could keep if I went back to F2P would be fair. I payed for a membership (3-4 Months so far, and going -until I go to bootcamp then get out and renew, but anyways) We members go to enoy new things and experience what all is newer then F2P. You mean to tell me if you were a member then your membership expired, you would be complaining about the Agility issue? I think not, b/c you would argue against it, So in kind works "Quit your crying, if you wanna complain, just get a membership and enoy it yourself"

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

The only reason I would stop is likely because this is a very unpopular idea here.
The only problem I see with the idea of this thread is that Jagex has been allowing it so if it were taken away riots would ensue. As I have said already, I would not care either way, but the people who do would rant and complain until they put it back.

Maybe the way that Jagex has coded it, it is impossible to turn off agility's effects on energy. MAYBE.
It wouldn't be impossible, but it could potentially take a lot of work/time/resources. The only way it could be impossible would be if the coding was irreversible.

Jagex doesn't listen to F2P'ers.. its so easy to see.. look at the More bank sapce thread.. its been going on from a year and a half but jagex doesn't care.. theres threads like that in every forum... but jagex seem to ignore it...
And that will be their own eventual undoing.

wow....read the first 6 and a half pages ortiz....we have already concluded this thread..and its points have been made now stop trying to resurrect it. read the last pages the comment you just made as already been said like 500+ times...thank you.

Now stop posting here read the first 7 pages!

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg