Tip.it help me out. ^_^

Infi

Alright, I got some homework, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. (You guys got really nice creativity!)

Basically we have to build an island, and now I need a set of rules to accompany the island.

Here is what I have so far:

1. One shall not have or commit murderous intent towards another being.

2. One shall treat its surroundings and others just as if you want to be treated.

3. Everything should be distributed equally amongst the members of the group.

4. Each individual should complete their daily activities to the best of their extent.

5. Violence towards any being or surroundings is prohibited.

6. Each member of the group is required to take shifts in order to keep a lookout for any passer-bys or saviors.

7. You shall not steal other peopleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s personal possessions.

Can anyone add anything?

Thank you!

Oh and for all those lock happy mods, this can be a discussion on the rules you would apply if you were stuck on an island. :shock:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

No cannabilism, I don't care how hungry you get!

Aw cmon, basically that's killing someone.

:anxious:

Anyways, thanks. ::'

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Well, they could die of 'natural causes', but, well you know.

Ever read Lord of the Flies? You could get some inspiration from that :) And in any case, you should read it, it's a good book ^-^

Well actually, *oh my gosh, so coincidental*. The reason why we are doing this project is because we are reading LORD OF THE FLIES. :shock:

So yeah, we got this project assigned before even starting this book.

I have the book in my bag and I don't think I have enough time to read this.

well, it seems you have gotten a nice communist island there :) lol.

I too, am reading lord of the flies.

Now, good rules there, but there's one main thing. There's no leader at all, so this would not be enforced. A rule 8 for elections for a cheif every so often would be good.

Another thing, number 4...how would that be measured?

someone needs to clean the latrine, and keep a healthy supply of bathroom tissue.

Start grinding that palm tree pulp into paperrrr :P

Why would anybody follow rules when there's no enforcer :P Sounds harsh but you should also find out ways to punish those who don't follow the rules.

If somebody steals, exploits resources meant to be shared... Who will punish him on the island? What if these 'rogues' group up to break the rules, make weapons and enslave the 'law abiding' people?

You could do with changing the wording, because some of them aren't correct.

1. One shall not have or commit murderous intent towards another being.

You shall not commit murder.

This is because murder isn't murder without intent. Plus, you can't 'commit intent' - you have intent, not commit it.

2. One shall treat its surroundings and others just as if you want to be treated.

You shall treat your surroundings as you want to be treated.

Saying "one shall treat its..." does not make sense. One is a person, its is an object.

4. Each individual should complete their daily activities to the best of their extent.

Each individual should complete their daily activities to the best of their ability.

It does not make sense to say 'to the best of their extent'.

Why surroundings? What if you need to chop down a tree?

6. Each member of the group is required to take shifts in order to keep a lookout for any passer-bys or saviors.

It's passers-by, not passer-bys.

You use 'one' for rules at the start, and 'you' for rules at the end. I would use 'you' all the way through.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

Well, they could die of 'natural causes', but, well you know.

Ever read Lord of the Flies? You could get some inspiration from that :) And in any case, you should read it, it's a good book ^-^

I hated the book but loved the movie (not the original but the latest one made back in the 90's). Though the kid who played Piggy really annoyed me in the movie and I cheered when he got the boulder dropped on his head. At that point I was going to snap if I'd have to watch another minute of that whiny fat kid. <.<

My freshmen english class read Lord of The Flies but I never bothered with it. I did see The Simpsons parody of it though :P. Anyway seems like you got all your bases covered, don't need much more than basic ten commandment-esque stuff. I'd make a heirarchy though, I don't believe in communism.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

What about trees? Hurting trees is forbidden? What if you're angry and want to strangle a pillow, it's forbidden too? :shame: :shame:

2480+ total

Howsabout?

-Stay away from the plane wreckage

-Avoid those who call themselves others

-If you some on the island is called Kate, don't forget to SIIHB

Sorry, I don't actually watch that show @_@

Seriously though, this whole trapped on an island thing needs to die for a little while.

As for rules, stick to the basics but add in some clever and mildy humourous ones without being too silly. Hopefully your teacher will enjoy them, without finding them too wacky. I mean it's really up to you. I can't think of any that you would actually use, or haven't thought of.

Howsabout a tolerance law, for weir.. Different people.

Edit: Don't cycle between Personal pronouns and pronouns.

No rebellions, no world domination, no turning everything into 1984.

Serious:

If a chance of escape from the island is seen/heard of/found, it must be reported to the other inhabitants.

C2b6gs7.png