Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

BAD IDEA. MORE F2P BANK SPACE SHOULD BE LEGAL. WHO GIVES A [CABBAGE] IF YOU WANT IT RESTRICTED? MEMBERS=150 SLOTS, F2P= IT SHOULD BE THE SAME

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAD IDEA. MORE F2P BANK SPACE SHOULD BE LEGAL. WHO GIVES A [CABBAGE] IF YOU WANT IT RESTRICTED? MEMBERS=150 SLOTS, F2P= IT SHOULD BE THE SAME

Eh, if they did that, think of the runescape official forums *shudder*

PS: Members have more than 150 spaces ;).

tfssig.png

Z0MG! I N33D 12 M0R3 B4NK SP4C3S T0 ST0R3 19 R4ND0M 1T3MZ!

---

Uh, wow. No matter what you do for f2p, they're going to want more. I got 3 posts deleted because I said that they were [developmentally delayed] for wanting to store all random event items, all kinds of ore, fish, and have about 30 weapons in their bank. I mean theres no point, the only reason you would "need" bank space would be if you were an ex-member.

And I am a part of F2P, theres no reason to hand bank space out like candy.

You are probably not in a clan so you don't require extra armour, runes, arrows, and equipment. :roll:

So, you are saying it is right to flame F2P players? :-s

j0xPu5R.png

Members seem to care what updates f2p gets. Let's think about that one. They can still use it, and it doesn't affect them in any way.Members get about 4 updates a month. Jagex can give f2p 14 more spaces,and members could get 140, and the RSOF would still have rants on it.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Members seem to care what updates f2p gets. Let's think about that one. They can still use it, and it doesn't affect them in any way.Members get about 4 updates a month. Jagex can give f2p 14 more spaces,and members could get 140, and the RSOF would still have rants on it.

+1

It isn't like 12 spaces are being REMOVED from P2P banks. It is kind of like some members get some strange power trip out of trying to keep F2P stagnant.

tfssig.png

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone!

sorry it's been so long since i updated this thing. i moved to a new apartment and haven't had internet for a while.

anyways, i'm gonna go look over the last few pages of discussion now and post some of the opinions in the main post.

thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going while i was gone!

lauren

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

+1

It isn't like 12 spaces are being REMOVED from P2P banks. It is kind of like some members get some strange power trip out of trying to keep F2P stagnant.

Well, I for one am anti-f2p bankspace. I don't get a power-trip from saying that, either. I am paying $5 a month of my own money for extra things, one of those things being bank space. If f2p got more, then wouldn't it have been a waste of my money? I think so.

it's kind of unfortunate that a lot of members feel that way, einif. it doesn't affect you if ftp gets bank space so you shouldn't resent them if they do. there's plenty of other reasons why they shouldn't get bank space.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Well, I for one am anti-f2p bankspace. I don't get a power-trip from saying that, either. I am paying $5 a month of my own money for extra things, one of those things being bank space. If f2p got more, then wouldn't it have been a waste of my money? I think so.

Well, I was a member and I'm still very pro-f2p bankspace.

As stated many times before, this isn't about giving f2p everything. It's only about bank space. Members has so much more than f2p that even if they give f2p alot of things it still wouldn't have nearly as much as members. So I don't understand you at all when you think you'll be wasting your money. It's not even a reasonable conclusion.

Tetsuya.png

As stated many times before, this isn't about giving f2p everything. It's only about bank space. Members has so much more than f2p that even if they give f2p alot of things it still wouldn't have nearly as much as members. So I don't understand you at all when you think you'll be wasting your money. It's not even a reasonable conclusion.

Key point: "I was a member..."

True, it may not be a lot of money, but it's still money nonetheless. Money that could be used for other things. The small fraction of that $5 a month adds up, too. I would value bank space at about 1/10 of that price minimally. That's 50 cents a month or $6 a year, which is pretty much a whole month of membership. That is a decent sized some of money to a teenager that only gets money for whatever he or she wants two days a year (I'm sure you can figure those days out).

The whole point of f2p is to get you to be p2p, too. If Jagex gives more bank space, they will lose money because less people will be becoming a member.

If p2p offers so much more, then why not stop complaining about the lack of f2p bank space and join?

Key point: "I was a member..."

True, it may not be a lot of money, but it's still money nonetheless. Money that could be used for other things. The small fraction of that $5 a month adds up, too. I would value bank space at about 1/10 of that price minimally. That's 50 cents a month or $6 a year, which is pretty much a whole month of membership. That is a decent sized some of money to a teenager that only gets money for whatever he or she wants two days a year (I'm sure you can figure those days out).

The whole point of f2p is to get you to be p2p, too. If Jagex gives more bank space, they will lose money because less people will be becoming a member.

If p2p offers so much more, then why not stop complaining about the lack of f2p bank space and join?

I am a member, and I am very pro-F2p bank space.

I highly doubt people become members because they want twelve slots of extra bank space. Also, not all people can become members.... Perhaps they're just poor, or their parents don't want to pay for a online game... This doesn't mean they shouldn't get a few more extra slots. In fact, this would benefit you because I'm sure if Jagex decides to give F2p twelve slots, they would give members like 30 more slots extra as well..

F2p doesn't ask for much, and twelve slots isn't that much.. 6$ isn't a lot of money in reality....

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Whell, I' d be happy if F2P got their last row completed. Besides, when you say JAGeX looses money if they do that, I don' t belive it. I mean cmon, P2P has so much more, some friggin 12 spaces aren' t going to make people get members less.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Members think that F2P updates are assassins that'll target them so that's why nobody wants them.

Besides, I don't think bankspace would kill someone. "Z0mgzx0r j4g3X g4v3 f2pee m0r3 sp4c3 me k1ll me". I guess these rants are mere hypocrisy and about being snobs. You guys know Nintendo (if you don't, you never lived)? It was a nice company but if notice now they're becoming snobs.

• 4 weeks later...

quick summary in case you're too lazy to read the entire thread (i can't blame you, it's really long now):

1. Bank space is meant to be restricting - even on members worlds. I agree. But to this point, it's really hard to keep random event clothing and such.

2. Jagex is a company, there is no incentive for them to give ftp more bank space as it will likely make ftpers more complacent and less likely to upgrade to members. Look at all the money they have, not like they need more <.<

3. Just pay 5 bucks, it's not a lot. My mother won't let me / can't afford

4. The appropriately named "give them a penny and they want a dime" factor. If they want the dime, don't give it to them.

5. There is, in fact, enough bank space for ftp to store all necessary items. the only people who have problems are pack rats who try to save everything. Random event clothing - don't tell me it's useless. Give us bankspace or the ability to destroy random event clothing and get it back, and we're happy.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Double-post

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

4. The appropriately named "give them a F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with at one point." factor.

tfssig.png

4. The appropriately named "give them a F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with at one point." factor.

No space for a sig.

No space for a sig.

I do :thumbsup: (though I had to edit it slightly, I hope he doesn't mind!)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

No space for a sig.

I do :thumbsup: (though I had to edit it slightly, I hope he doesn't mind!)

Not at all :).

tfssig.png

• 1 month later...

Here's the way I see it. Most F2P are workers within the Rune Scape society. F2P get jobs such as collecting materials in order to earn money. Cutting yews, mining coal and iron, and getting limpwurt roots are all jobs that F2P do. Members are the ones who buy these items in order to raise their skills. So in a sense, F2P supplies a lot of the materials members use to raise their skills.

To me, F2P is highly undervalued. There are plenty of things F2P do to help members save time and in the long run, money. Therefore, I am pro F2P Bank Space.

memorysignaturesx7.png

You have very valid points. But now I must ask, what do we members have to lose by giving nonmembers extra bankspace?

The arguement then would be that Jagex would have less money since not as many f2p'ers will want to be members. But first, I do not think anyone would pay 5 bucks just to get a few extra spaces. Second, those who do would not make Jagex lose much at all. I really don't think a few nonmembers not becoming members will restrict Jagex from making a new skill.

You'd be suprised how many reasons there are for not paying $5. Not all parents will be willing to pay $5. I know mine didn't. It look many months of work. Some just insist that even though it is only $5, it is a wasted $5. It sounds very greedy I know, but just know there are people out there.

But I must agree with many points you have, I survived just fine in nonmembers for over 2.5 years with that little bank of mine. But sometimes it does get hard. But they got their bankspace, now leave them be.

We'll have to keep this thread open, because I'm pretty sure Jagex didn't just give us bankspace because they felt generous. The fact that Summoning is going to change the max level makes me think that part of it will be F2P (otherwise members in the Duel Arena and some other things I can't think of right now won't be easily judged by their levels). Summoning items could flood F2P banks pretty soon. And F2P will ask for more.

IMHO F2P can have all the bankspace they want.. as long as i get 4x as much as they get =P ::'

Yeah! That's the spirit! :P