Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

i HATE going on every rs fourm on the net and seeing a more f2p bankspace bank thread

i believe that the biggest issure is random event items...

i think diango should give those back as well as holliday items

nugeto5.png

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i HATE going on every rs fourm on the net and seeing a more f2p bankspace bank thread

i believe that the biggest issure is random event items...

i think diango should give those back as well as holliday items

as in more stuff in our banks?? I think the random events and the holiday items should go to Diango, so the F2P wouldn't complain about the bank space anymore.

If we drop the radnom events that we dont need, we'll retrieve them again. Rather than havign 500 gp every random event we passed, its like getting our stuff back AGAIN. It's serious useless by that time! :!:

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

I am f2p, and i do not need very strict conservatory. but jagex could make frozen member's items at free world not counting against bank space, as if someone ends his (or her) membership too quickly, it would end up in disarter.

Long live the mighty runite warhammer, the only guardian defending f2p from overpower of tank pures!

My oppinion is that f2p have enough of bankspace.

I can manage with this amount of bankspace.

How?

Don't keap every single of ore/bar etc. in your bank.

And storing your random event costums would be nice.

My opinion to end some of the "More Space" rants and "Anti-More Space", is just to complete that stupid last line on our banks, or give 4 spaces for F2P (to complete the line) and 8 for P2P. Happy? I'm only against F2Ps getting a lot of space. We don't deserve it, though just a tiny bit is good. I cleared out my bank and have a lot of space. I don't need to keep the holiday stuff. Diango's reason of living.

Personally, I think it's reasonable to give f2p either random event spaces or more bank space--the first is preferable to the second for most involved (less memory use for Jagex, since it would merely be a boolean for each, which means 1 bit per item, and it isn't actually bank space, so nobody is complaining except the packrat f2p'ers, instead of the f2p'ers who keep randoms and the packrats.).

6. If you were previously a member, don't keep member's stuff (or give it to a member's friend to hold on to)!

Or then just get 10 of all tools, don't run out of runes.

Always have at least 1 uncut and 1 cut gem of each type, have at least 1 of each log, ore and fish type (both cooked and uncooked).

Have at least 2 rune sets and dhide sets with bows, arrows, ALL weapons you need/want to use in f2p.

Have also all crafting items used in f2p, pray items, ALL ITEMS YOU'LL EVER USE IN F2P.

NEVER WITHDRAW ALL ITEMS. Use withdraw x

(I had all those exept no greenhides and no willows when I lost members)

loginmessagessiggy.png

rly good point about pack rats...but i dont see why any members care weather o not f2p gets more bankspace? WERE P2P IGNORE F2P'ERS like come on guys dont you think its pretty ignorant? but heh thats just what i think. :-w

Let your yellow mellow.

I hate f2pers who believe they deserve more bank space. The simple fact is that in life people have to pay for privileges, runescape is no different. If i want to have a cd player that has more stuff to make it better i have to pay the extra money, its called getting more for paying more. F2p already don't pay jagex anything to uphold the game so in theory they haven't given jagex the resources through the money for jagex to update the game for them. F2p can churn out the "we benefit the economy of runescape" but so do autoers, this doesn't mean autoers are right in autoing a load of rune ess the same way f2p isn't deserved of getting more stuff (ie bank space).

I'm not sure what planet these f2pers who demand more content are living on but where i come from if you are given something for free you stay content with it and if you want something more you don't nag the person who gave you it for more, its not only ingrateful but rude as well. Anyone who complains about jagex not updating f2p are ingrates and should either pay up or shut up because jagex don't owe them anything. Jagex do owe members something because members help keep jagex in business, jagex charge an extremely small monthly charge to keep themselves in business and to keep the servers up which is a hell lot more than f2p does.

I hate f2pers who believe they deserve more bank space. The simple fact is that in life people have to pay for privileges, runescape is no different. If i want to have a cd player that has more stuff to make it better i have to pay the extra money, its called getting more for paying more. F2p already don't pay jagex anything to uphold the game so in theory they haven't given jagex the resources through the money for jagex to update the game for them. F2p can churn out the "we benefit the economy of runescape" but so do autoers, this doesn't mean autoers are right in autoing a load of rune ess the same way f2p isn't deserved of getting more stuff (ie bank space).

I'm not sure what planet these f2pers who demand more content are living on but where i come from if you are given something for free you stay content with it and if you want something more you don't nag the person who gave you it for more, its not only ingrateful but rude as well. Anyone who complains about jagex not updating f2p are ingrates and should either pay up or shut up because jagex don't owe them anything. Jagex do owe members something because members help keep jagex in business, jagex charge an extremely small monthly charge to keep themselves in business and to keep the servers up which is a hell lot more than f2p does.

To an extent I agree with you. We don't deserve updates and F2P should NEVER demand updates. All that does is, as you have said, appear rude and ungrateful. People who act like that taint the whole of F2P (much like the P2P ranters taint P2P).

If Jagex deem F2P to be an important part of the RuneScape landscape, then there are some justifications for some minor updates such as a little more bank space. As I have said in earlier posts, I don't expect it and would never demand it, but I can see some justifications. But if Jagex don't really deem it that important, they have no need to update it.

At most, we should only say "It'd be nice if we could have a little more bank space", and then get on with playing with what we have. It might mean we need to think more about how we train ... might make some people smarter :-s

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

f2p should not get anymore updates or bank space because they would ask for more stuff to fill there bank with

Hey, hey, hey. Don't be a jack! F2P should get updates but just not bank space.. ::'

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I was surprised (and delited :P (sp?) to see my quote on the first post but I was quite emebrassed of myself :oops: because i sounded like some lvl 3 narb, it was one of my first posts on this amazing forum. Still it's no excuse for my horrible spelling and noobish-like way to type I'm sorry everybody :D [/offtopic]

Back on topic though, I still believe that giving f2p'ers bank space is a bad move, for reasons I'm sure everybody else pointed out. 'Night.

ahh well, hot topic is over. thanks to everyone who posted both in support and... um... un...support... of this thread!

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Oh come on. Te quote that people will get less bored if F2P gets more bankspace. Now you can have all of the armours in your bank, does that mean you can do more things? No, you just don' t have to choose wich armour you' ll have in your bank. And don' t mix most F2P to some whiny F2P brats. Most F2P players on the Rants forum don' t demand more bank space, but they would appreciate it. Also, were there any riots demanding more bank space? No. Were there riots because of the PC change? Yes. Was it most of P2P rioting? NO! Just a small bunch of whiny brats.

And the sig, why give autoers more bank space: do you even know how much an autoers need bank space? Probablly one single row. All they store is money, logs/lobs/rune ess and stuff, and that' s it. At the most, they use up 5 rows. And seeing as look at F2P as autoers, shame on you. Are there no autoers in P2P?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Are there no autoers in P2P?

Yeah, there are. Which lazy idiot is wasting five bucks knowing that soon it'll go to a waste? Jagex loves P2P autoers. They ban them, and they return to P2P.

That autoer sig was stupidest idea I've ever seen. Autoers only care about doing their stuff (WCing, Mining, whatever) and them banking. A WC Autoer can just carry an Axe, Yew or/and Willows and just that, at least. A mining one just has a pick, Coal and/or iron at least. And all have money.

Well im level 77 i have had tons of accounts over the years (iv played since 2000 beta) free bankspace was a problem in classic because we got one page and could use that in like a day if you where good at the game, but iv been a member for almost the whole time iv played (i just started playing again and i am a non member) i had to get rid of my random event clothes today so that i could keep making money and skilling but i know that f2p is for people to get a taste of the game (level 3-55?) and do all the free quests and just check everything out

the game is a p2p game with an option for f2p but i guess thats not how everyone sees it when they hav not played members before(do you think they get so much more because they pay to use more items? they pay to get all the items not more)

vyronf3.png

I agree totally. since I have been playing I have had no problems with space. I can see my members need the extra, but f2p? what are they doing? collecting everything they see?

I bet most of you are not in a clan. The reason why I am saying this is because when you're in an F2P clan, you usually require an alternative set of armour, food, and strength potions. Who would bring god armour into the Wilderness? We have every right to god armour as members do. Plus, the clan may include events such as costume parties which require you to have some sort of costume. Also, most random event clothing are difficult to get. I'im sure members won't care because they can just buy cool clothing from quest related NPCs. Also, they give you a great look without much of a weigh down. Who would air run with clunky rune armour?

Don't forget the runes. F2P players have runes too you know. If they are a magician for their clan, the runes include but may not be limited to the following: Nature Runes, Death Runes, Water Runes, Air Runes, and Earth Runes. Don't forget the runes for training magic. Mind Runes and body runes are included as well. In great quantities I might add.

There are non-combat magic spells as well. This includes Cosmic Runes, Law runes, and Nature runes all used to make products or to make going places faster.

What about the Ranged skill? What about the Arrows (bronze, iron, steel), Ranger Equipment (Green Dragonhide Body, Chaps, and Vambraces)? Or for PKers it may include Adamantite arrows.

What about the cooking skill? Skill oriented players will have raw lobster hoping to get the nice level of 99. What's wrong with that?

What about Mining and Smithing? Players often mine all their ores for smithing. Usually in great amounts. Don't forget bars.

What about the RuneCrafting skill? There will usually be loads of rune essence with the runes that were crafted.

Don't forget the Crafting skill. There will be numerous gems of all types within their bank which will be great crafting experience. Plus, don't forget gold bars and gold ores that have to be used to make the product.

What about rares? I know there are few people with rares, but these do take up space believe it or not. You can't just drop them because they are worth millions! People have a right to have rares you know.

I'm sure there are thousands of people that are willing to support my argument. I will stop this post for now because I'm sure people will get the point. Thank you for reading.

j0xPu5R.png

yeah but you don't need to hold all that stuff at once! most people don't train all of those skills at once.

I'm not a one skill pure. I rotate between skills so I do not get bored. It helps you know.

j0xPu5R.png