Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

Im still sticking to my packrat based argument seen on page 10. The only things F2P deserve would be the Untrimmed skill capes, the Trimmed ones could stay members.

Although Jagex should at least finish that last row in the F2P bank. Having half of one is just stupid. But other then that no... just no. <.<

I'm no longer a pack rat, got rid of stuff and got... 16 spaces! :D

I tottaly agree with you (So stupid and random), though I don't really care about the skill cape, since my highest skill is 51... Seriously, all we need is that full row, retrievable random event items and them we can all drink beer happily.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BECOME A MEMBER LIKE A TRUE RUNESCAPER!

Let me tell you something. I am F2P. I can become a member. I have the money. But there are two major problems: I don't have a credit card and that damn "monthly-fee" IS crap. I'd prefer paying an one-time fee of... let's say... $40 (still bad though, 80 in my country :shock: ), I'd be a member right away. People say this because they have credit cards and think everyone else does. I don't, I don't live in the USA/England.

Some members are jerks with F2Ps, BTW. Check out the "Why can't F2P have..." thread. F2Ps are scum?

Demo? 6 years ago it wasn't a damn demo. It never was. It was the main form of play. It isn't a demo, it's a RESTRICTED version of the game- it is fair, you get what you pay for. In a demo, you do a single mission, quest, and whatever with 2 or 3 weapons and restricted everything. F2P is by far larger by that. I'm not saying you and other members that think alike are hypocrites or stupid, just a bit ignorant.

We don't pay, no major updates? Crap, that got worst! Seriously, we SHOULD (not deserve or need, notice that) get major updates, but not a lot. We get roughly one per year. $5 is nothing? Not for the thousands of poor children here in Brazil or that don't receive money or even parents who can't waste anything. They can't waste a penny, saying it's nothing is useless.

Seriously, this is Anti-BANKSPACE thread, not Anti-f2p n00bz! thread. And some members should be more... friendly and respectful towards their past (not those who started RS as a member, those who started as F2Ps).

Click here to flame me.

Oh, and "nice" people can call this thread "Grand Theft Auto" and the people against it "Jack Thompson".

#1 The argument about bank space always comes back to money because *surprise* Jagex is a business. I pay my membership one year at a time since I don't have a credit card. It's not up to Jagex or anyone else to make the game accessible to everyone.

#2 Sorry, but a "DEMO" is a restricted version of a product for demonstration purposes only(Look at any major software seller that offers "demo" proggys {this is often referred to as "crippled software"}) - to show consumers what they will be buying. F2P fits that exactly no matter how long its been around or how you feel about it.

#3 You SHOULD, Jagex SHOULD? Interesting. Jagex SHOULD and does do what is best for Jagex. Period. And as far as poor children in Brazil, since when did Jagex become a charity?

#4 Yes, it is an Anti-Bankspace thread, NOT an anti-P2P thread, which your rant appears to be (maybe not intentionally but it really looks that way) I started out as F2P and joined P2P because I could, not because I turned traitor to all my F2P brothers and sisters. And frankly, to imply that this is some kind of moralistic debate about freedom of speech and expression is absurd and distasteful.

#5 Runescape is a game produced by Jagex. They do it because they want to make money. They were good enough to allow people to play free for as long as they want, instead of 30 days etc.. like most companies do. If you don't like the limitations of free play, get a members account. If for whatever reason you can't, then be happy you can play at all. Just stop complaining that you don't get for free what other people pay for.

Currently Selling: Supers of all kinds and Splitbark Armour. PM me in-game for both.

you may say the "they dont pay, so they dont deserve updates" is bull, but i dont. FTP was sposed to be a demo, like a limitless 30 day trial. Some people cant get p2p cuz their parents wont let em, but otherwise 5 bucks is easy to get. Go mow ur freakin lawn or sell ur friend "magical" beans.Go get in a medical study even.

checkout the post above mine, good argument.

tifsbti6oi.gif

i need more bank space

im p2p and i need more

i do EVERYTHING my own.

I have many diffrent raw fish, cooked fish, herbs, potions (finished and unfinished), gems (cut and uncut), Runes, Seeds, Armors, cloths/outfits, items (range guild tickets, warrior guild tokens, etc) arrows (mith steel bronze rune etc) bows (magic long, short, etc), Armors (mith black adam rune dragon), weapons, and much more.

alot of wearable stuff i keep because of treasure trails you require this and this.

P2P dont neeed more, get scammed like me and u have plenty of space...Yes im P2P

tifsbti6oi.gif

while this thread isn't about ptp bank space, i will mention that ptp bank space is definitely restricting. you really can't work on more than one members skill at a time or your bank will fill up (for example, you can either work on farming or herblore, but doing both will fill up your bank very quickly)

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

while this thread isn't about ptp bank space, i will mention that ptp bank space is definitely restricting. you really can't work on more than one members skill at a time or your bank will fill up (for example, you can either work on farming or herblore, but doing both will fill up your bank very quickly)

What do you mean ptp bank space is very Restricting??? You guy get so much more then us Ftp-ers Yea you have about 5 times as many items but if u think about it most of your items are really pointless think about how many items you guy have in your bank that you will most likely never use.

And if you want to know yes i was a member. I was a member for 2 (ened in novemeber)months then my parents stopped trusting the internet when my grandparents had their identities stolen. I tried every skill when i became a member (and hopefully not last) for the first time unidentified and identified,i had potions, quest items, herbs, mini game items, everything. and I still had about 1/4 of my bank space left.

Well i didnt type all that i wanted because i forgot most of it as i was typeing but i probabaly post again sooner or later. Sleep for now Band Camp is soo hard

Snoopy-

2 months of membership really allows you to experience every aspect and item of membership :roll:

Oh yes, all of our items are so very much pointless. It is totally obvious that we have so many items we will never ever use; care to give any examples?

When sperm whales mate, 3/4 of the sperm goes into the sea, not his mate.

Thats why sea water tastes funny

All the herbs, and all the unidentified ones.... presuming you just started herblore....

the runes... some pure ess.. and maybe even some rune ess left over from f2p...

some random stuff.... like all the holiday items...

a saw, a hammer, and some nails.

pickaxe, woodcutting axe....

then some random stuff from quests...

molten glass. empty vials. vials of water. unfinished pots.

farming equipment and some seeds.

someone gave you a few mith seeds you're saving.

a few logs (different kinds)

full set of ham clothes.

all the crafting moulds.

ores and bars

some weapons.

a few bones

a lot of featherless arrows..

and some untipped arrows.

and then different kinds of arrows

some bows

armour

melle weapons.

all the rune staffs

If you haven't filled up your bankspace yet.... then... you're a much better packer than I.

Dude don't be mean... if jagex don't give ftp more bank spaces they'll leave... Without f2p... p2p = um... "s".... you know.... I been f2p... the bank space is jsut isnt;t enough... If i was still f2p all i ask is an extra 12 bank spaces...

PPl that supported this topic are selfish players. Preiod.

~BOMB

Why do some people act as if F2p is their religion? :roll:

Anyways, I agree, we pay 5 USD a month, and they don't. F2p is just a demo... And to people saying it's not a demo, look up the definition of demo, it's something restricted from all of the features to get you to buy the full version basically.

So, sorry F2p, I'm not on your side on this issue :boohoo:

To the post above me, thanks :( I don't think they quit because they have less bank space, I think they pay for the full version of the game... (most of the anyway). Though I'd like seeing the results of Jagex making more bank space for F2p, I'm betting that there will be a less flow of new members then.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Think about this ya idea bashers, think back to when YOU didn't pay to play the game. didn't you wish you had more bank space? Now, with costume rooms, we have a little more choice in places to store stuff and keep bank space open. But f2p'ers don't have anything like that. Plus, theres a small possibility that if they get a bank increase, we would as well.

orrymon397.png

I'm crazy and angry. better avoid the bar

you said :

just pay 5 buck,it isn t a lot

Take exemple of coffe which is popular in thread like this;

well for my country it is a lot,i know at 5$ in america or great britain you can buy 2 maybe 3 coffes.In my country Croatia,you can buy 10 in some shops 12 cups of coffe.YOU SEE DIFERENCE?

IT is even worse in counries who surrounded us like Bosnia and Herzegovina,With 5ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ãâ¹Ãâthere you can buy lots lf stuff.

You know China,well with 5$ there you can buy 40 cups of coffe,so it is big money in some countries.Maybe you think only people from America play this game?

Get back on subject:we (f2p) need more space beacuse we got more stuff we need to save like holiday iteams or like randoms,runes,ores and bars ect.You dont need more beacuse you got costume room where you save your closet,we dont have it.

orao8.png

Always buying something.

i think f2p could do with more space i know mosta the non mems r lv;l 3 noobs who get there stuff from begging but hey,theres many a awesome player out there in non mems who deserves decent bank space,but personally i need more p2p bank space i cry everytime i see the ,wilderness,part i call it of my bank :cry: :cry:

2. Don't keep raw materials in your bank! There's no reason to waste two spots to have both raw lobsters and cooked lobsters, or to waste a spot with those 2k yew logs you keep meaning to get around to burning. Cook them! Burn them! Sell them if you have to (or if you're a merchanter)! But don't just keep them!

Sorry? Cook yew logs? #-o

Have you ever checked the amounts of updates for f2p vs. the p2p updates? like 4% of the updates are for f2p. This is mostly beacause JaGeX makes more money on members than on f2p (yes, they make money on f2p (advertising). 5$ per month isn't much, though some people can't seem to make that HUUGE amounts of cash in 1 month :?

Though both F2p and P2p don't have enough bank space. I sometimes get a full bank (what most f2pers can't imagine), however if i throw the junk away i have like 30 spaces more to fill again with stuff like spades and tinderboxes :roll:

If there should be more bank space, it should come when new items are introduced. This happens in members' worlds and...well... not really... in f2p. So again, F2p gets almost no updates from which like 1/10 is an item update. If f2p would get 20 more items introduced, they should get 8 more spaces in their bank. Of course, members should get at least the double of that, because they pay 5$ a month. Btw, if you think that's too much, i beleive like 30% or more of them plays world of warcraft. Buying the game: 30$ = 6 months members, and it costs like 11$ each month. So if 5$ a month is too much, STFU!

By the way, F2p isn't RuneScape actually. P2p is RuneScape, because you can get everything possible in the game. This way, F2p should be considered the demo, not the game. Yes, RSC wasn't the same, it was free only. Now you have p2p, and it's much better. it's the REAL game.

And, if you think 5$ a month is too much, think again. 5$ is 3 packs of batteries.

D Tienjo2

Google gone l33t!

57/75 rc. 63/76 fish. Getting 50 range and 70 str too. Taking a break to train my pure and well... relax

2. Don't keep raw materials in your bank! There's no reason to waste two spots to have both raw lobsters and cooked lobsters, or to waste a spot with those 2k yew logs you keep meaning to get around to burning. Cook them! Burn them! Sell them if you have to (or if you're a merchanter)! But don't just keep them!

Sorry? Cook yew logs? #-o

no cooked lobsters :P if you read back you will see it

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The underlining argument here is that f2pers want even more for nothing, life doesn't work that way and they're still complaining. You can't expect jagex to update the game for you if you don't want to pay for it. Since when was anything in life free? well f2p is, so enjoy that and stop bloody complaining.

I am sure some more f2p bankspace would be nice for them, however I wonder whether most f2p accounts just store anything and everything they get their hands on without thinking. When I have been f2p (when I first signed up to Runescape, or when I temporarily quit membership.) I had no problems with bank space, because I took the time to overview my items and throw out the tat i did not need. :)

1. Bank space is meant to be restricting - even on members worlds.

restricting bank space in a member world, only if you keep everything you have ever seen

2. Jagex is a company, there is no incentive for them to give ftp more bank space as it will likely make ftpers more complacent and less likely to upgrade to members.

bank space isn't one of the major insentives for membership

3. Just pay 5 bucks, it's not a lot.

and for the ppl whos parents won't allow this?

4. The appropriately named "give them a penny and they want a dime" factor.

think about it. randoms take up a huge amount of space + full rune and a few runes = a full bank

5. There is, in fact, enough bank space for ftp to store all necessary items. the only people who have problems are pack rats who try to save everything.

i barely have room anymore, my bank is full of nessesities (tinderbox, wc axe, money ect.) full rune and about 500 of every rune. that is about it.

try surviving in F2P for a month, you will see how restricting it really can be

why do members have to be such jerks to f2p, they get all the updates. we get jack crap. they think that we are still worthless. I would have paid for permanent membership a long time ago if my parents would allow it, but they won't so i have to be in F2P. I understand this if you are talking about the the lvl 38s who whine constatly because they don't have enought space for ashes or some other junk, but when i had to throw out 1.8k willows to make space in my bank for a pickaxe, then something is wrong.

It's not about being a jerk. And, as a matter of fact, I am ftp. I used to be ptp (and, btw, ptp bank space is also very very restricting - it's true that they have a lot but that's because there's a LOT more stuff), but i'm ftp now. And i have no problem storing my stuff in my bank.

And yes, something is wrong if you have to throw out 1.8k willows, but you really shouldn't have raw materials in your bank for very long - those willows should have been burnt or sold. And it's not about ashes or fliers or stuff like that - most people keep hammers and chisels and pots and stuff like that in their banks when it's very very easy to go buy those things from a general store for 1 gp when you need them.

and loko (poster before me), go ahead and post your bank and i'll point out a few things you can do to clear up some space.

i was burning them, i had 3k to start with.

I have enough space for the necessities, but i am beginning to run out with all the randoms and other stuff i keep getting. I have cleaned out my bank various times and have realized that i have dropped over 500k worth of stuff from my bank in the past year.

i would be happy if they finished of the half a row, or made a way to recover random event costumes

Think about it though. Did you hear the uproar when F2P got the party room. When i went to it they were spamming like crazy about F2P getting an update. Members think that F2P should never get more than a few graphic updates a year. I understand that they want to get what they paid for, but to not want other ppl to get anything is just evil.

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

Well Im F2P and never had problems with bank space shortage, in fact I have many empty rows in bank.

Id much rather have them add skill capes to F2P then bank space...

Indeed.

-----

I for one have had problems with bank space. If it weren't for random events taking up space (I would prefer not dropping them.) then my problem would be solved.

i agree

mage+kid657.png

mage+kid657.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5148028#5148028

^come look at my bank sale...something for everyone^

Ok think about this all you people who say "Cmon its just 8 spaces". If jagex gave f2p 8 more bank spaces then f2p will just more and more.

Also is there is lets say a million f2pers that is 8 million spaces worth of server space jagex has to add and may very well increase the cost of p2p.

I'm not going to pay double what i am now just so u can put a few extra types of logs in you bank. If you have the time to sit on forums and complain about how you want more space why dont u go mow your neighbors yard or do something for them for the $5 you can use to pay a memebership.

Ty-War Junky 91 :thumbsup:

cool_sig1.jpg

I started to play this game because my younger brother kept talking about how great this game was so after a while i had to see for myself. I didnt play long before i knew i loved this game. The bank space was annoying to me so i deside to become a member. But in members it didnt took long before i had the same space problem there. Almost every week i have to clean up my bank so i can get space.. atm i have 1 free space.

Dont spend all your time complain about bank space cuz it happens for members too. Yes we have more space then f2p but we also have a whole lot more items we need to store then f2p so i think its fair with the space f2p have now.

For those who disagree with me dont flame me for my opinion but simply just tell ur own :)

I agree with dtbrehm, if you made the random clothes accessible through Diango it would solve alot of problems. Another thing is, alot of people say to just junk the random clothes, the only problem is if you do that you can't get the emotes from things like grave digger and mime.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?