Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

yeah that generally seems to be the best solution... maybe we should start a petition and write a letter to send to jagex about that rather than asking them for more ftp bank space like prankster_king is trying to do?

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im F2P and always have been. Personally, I would much rather see a way for us to store random event clothing rather than extra bank spaces. 3 sets of different armor, bars, picks, axes, gems, runes, arrows, bows, and stuff to train 15 different skills. Currently my random event clothing takes up 14 spots since I am only missing the mime pieces. With all of that stuff, i am still only short 4 spaces of having everything fit in my bank. We dont need more space, we just need to be able to store the random event clothing elsewhere or have it recoverable from diango like the holiday items are.

erkid"]I just want to post a picture of my f2p bank for this thread.

f2pbank2he8.png

I still have 2 rows and 1 spot if I want to drop cwars tickets. It's not hard to limit your bank. Just drop useless items that you really don't need. Actually I don't know what I have chef hats :uhh:.

[hide=Items]

Stuff I could add/I might add..

Fire staff- but it isn't that hard to tele to Varrock whenever I need one. I guess +1 BANK SPACE

Rune gold- Plate and legs I might add for when I train. Not really necessary, just for looks with phat.

Swordfish- For clan wars. Or I could just fish a load before fighting..

Cakes/Tuna- For cheap training. Don't need at all because I regain health quickly. A few lobs will last me.

Gold gloves/Yellow cape- this one I probably could use. I'll switch it eventually after I die with members stuff on. +2 BANK SPACE

Ore/logs/skill items- Will be used up. I'll probably never have raw material. So little to do in f2p.

Random event stuff- Pointless.. Will never have. Stuck in my house for good.

Holiday items- Maybe rubber chicken. That's about it +1 BANK SPACE

Colourful boots- They would always be on me.

Stuff that I could do without..

Chef hats- Pointless. Don't need but have. -1 BANK SPACE

Williows- Will burn when I have the time. -1 BANK SPACE

Lobster Cage- Could easily buy one each time I go on the boat. -1 BANK SPACE

Limps- Don't really need them there. But I might save up if I ever train on giants/hobbys.

Cwars Tickets- 89.. Don't really need. Just incase I do come back (maybe dropping)

Feathers- Will be used up soon enough -1 BANK SPACE

Body runes- xp collecting dust -1 BANK SPACE

[/hide]

-5 + 4= -1 Bank Spaces!!! Wooot.. now 2 rows and 2 spots. It's not hard to make room. Really...

i think i may hold you up as the perfect example of how an ftp bank is really plenty of space. you don't hold onto tinderboxes and pots and stuff you can easily buy, you don't hold onto random event stuff or holiday items... perfect.

post that on prankster_king's thread, show them how easy it is to fit your stuff into an ftp bank if you are careful.

W0W HE HAS MUCHO MUNNY...GOOD JOB :thumbsup:

v2vh5l.png

Im F2P and always have been. Personally, I would much rather see a way for us to store random event clothing rather than extra bank spaces. 3 sets of different armor, bars, picks, axes, gems, runes, arrows, bows, and stuff to train 15 different skills. Currently my random event clothing takes up 14 spots since I am only missing the mime pieces. With all of that stuff, i am still only short 4 spaces of having everything fit in my bank. We dont need more space, we just need to be able to store the random event clothing elsewhere or have it recoverable from diango like the holiday items are.

wow :shock: you have a lot more random stuff than most people... i only have like 7 slots (one camo part, two mime parts, two zombie parts, frog mask, frog prince outfit)

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Please forgive my not reading all of this, if my arguement's for More bank space for Free To players has already been quoted and you managed to defeat them then I apologise for wasteing your time.

Argument one Giveing free to players more bank space will help the economy.

as it stands we have not enough bank space to do as many things as we would like. if we want full god armour or some other armour that only members can bring to us and costs a fair ammount (reely members your not going to sell a Rune (g) helm to other members if Free to Players dident buy the stuff) we need the bank space to store it. and alot of us don't want it to take into the wild, we want it becouse it looks good. just as we would like a costume.

If we had more space we could store more Items such as tresure trails, wait to get better prices on our items, have more gold as a result, and with some of that extra gold buy more stuff from members. its not just tresure trail items, its also arrows that we buy from members. and we sell you alot of base items. if we had more space to store our items we would be more inclined to stockpile them giveing you a better chanch to buy in bulk.

2: More Bank Space helps players play longer.

I know many of you may reguard the life long free to players as freeloaders but has it ever occured to you where most of your high leveld base items come from? they come from free to players: Logs and ores are the main examples I will use. and older players meens higher skills. this meens more goods aquired in less time. this results in a greater quantity of goods and that might result in a more reliable and cheeper supply.

not to mention alot of life long free to players like me do much to improve the community as a whole. for one we found clans, clans make people want to play longer, circumstances change, they get members. and do you have any idea how many bots, scammers, and other rule breakers I report? which brings me to my third point.

3: alot of Player mods are Free to Play.

I have spoken to a good deal of Free to play mods and they have complianed about a Lack of Bank Space. Aperently they suffer from the same lack of bank space as the rest of Free to players. surely keeping the free to play mods happy is something that would benifit Runescape as a whole, more mods on Free to play meens a higher quality. a higher quality meens people play longer and become more inclined to become members. and as I said before some of the people who never get members still contribute quite abit to the community.

and finaly:

Every year Free to players get more and more stuff to store. the pressure builds and we are forced to do one of 3 things: get members, keep playing, or quit.

getting members is all well and good but should bank space reely be used as a pressure tactic? how would you like it if the quality of members became abbismyl and the only reson you still pay is becouse you won't know what to do with all that stuff? forceing you to either pay up or get out does little to hold jagex accountable for enticeing you to become a member, and even less to provide good quality content for your money.

the main reson I never payed for members was becouse of the old bank problem: if I unsubscribe ill be worse off than I was before in terms of space. I might just subscribe and see if I like getting members had the bank space been a parting gift to unsubscibers.

but as it stands id rather complain to all who will listen to the abbysmal lack of bank space for Free to Players than dare risk subscribing to find the bank delima. and you know some people take vecations, breaks from runescape. and the last thing they want to see when they get back is a bank with hundreds of valuble member items and no way to deal with them except to drop them. they might just quit the game all togeather and jagex would miss their future subscriptions.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Love it, agree with every point that Bufoman made. I've just started to play again after 1 year+, and was surprised by number of new items that f2p players now have access to. More items demand more banks space. I'd settle if they made a place specifically for your random event costumes, or something of the kind.

@[bleep]erkid: you are rich as hell, most of us can't afford to drop everything. Which somehow reminds me of the fact that f2p merchants(only way to make decent money in f2p) need the extra space for their goods.

bufoman, you make a couple of excellent points =D> =D> =D> i just want to address each of them.

1. more ftp bank space helps the economy because ftpers will buy more stuff since they have room to hold it, thus lowering prices.

This is true, actually. But from what I've heard, F2P doesn't want bank space to fix the economy. They want bank space to hold all their current stuff, so more bank spaces doesn't necessarily (sp?) mean that they can hold more stuff.

2. free to play people are valuable and make plenty of contributions to the runescape community. improvements to their game will allow them to play longer.

This is also true. :D But consider this from Jagex's point of view. I have absolutely no idea how much money it would cost them to add more bank space, but unless they see a way to gain a profit from it equal or greater to their cost, they won't do it, no matter how much F2P contributes to the runescape community.

3. i don't entirely understand this point, but it seems kind of irrelevant. :D correct me if i'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Then why would Jagex purposely give us 20 different random event equips if they already know that we can not place them in our banks? If they plan on making random event prizes, either don't make them equips or give us a spot for each random event equip placed in the game as a bonus. I am a f2p, and I always throw away my mime/camo, etc. because I don't have space for any of those.

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack

The idea of F2P is provide a taste of RuneScape, that includes only a taste of items and the space to put those items...

Most holiday items can be retrieved from Diango, so you dont need those. Random event items can always be gotten back so throw out the ones that are more common, like the frog stuff, throw that away and keep the Freaky Forester items, which are harder to get.

Now think for a second here, if F2P people didnt keep every single item they find, there would be no problem. The majority of F2Pers that want more bankspace are packrats that dont complete their goals. By can't complete their goals I mean...

Ex. Lets say Player1 wants to get 50 Mining and Smithing, so they start to mine things like iron and coal but then they get sidetracked and start to work on RuneCrafting. Then they complain there isn't enough space for their talismans for RC and their ores from mining. If they would have finished mining and smithing and sold all that stuff to either a general store or another player they would have more free space for their RuneCrafting talismans. Then they would be free to RuneCraft and not need to worry about their ores. Once they finish their RCing goal they can ditch the talismans they dont need (or the ones they can easliy get back) and move on to something else.

Its not really a problem with bankspace, its a problem with being a sidetracked packrat. If you had a house full of garbage, you wouldn't buy a bigger house for your garbage... you'd clean the damn place up.

By the time you start running out of bankspace and all the items you have are important ones you can't part with (I cant think of any important F2P items...) its time to think about members.

Pasty.png

• 2 weeks later...

look, us F2Ps dont deserve ALOT of bankspace, but what we have right now is pitiful, we need a few more spaces.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I am a free player and I believe that the number of bank slots is fine. You just need to plan accordingly so that later on you don't end up trying to fit ten items into two bank slots.

1. Items that are easily obtained should always be left out (except for money of course).

2. Condense, Condense, Condense. There's no point in keeping any item(s) in low amounts that can easily be turned into XP for its corresponding skill. There's no point in having several different sets of armor. There's no point in having several different types of weapons. Condense limps and red spider eggs into strength pots, etc. Bottom line: If it doesn't or will not be of significant use, take it out.

3. There's always Party Pete's place if you still cannot make room in your F2P bank. At least you can donate items to someone in need (usually).

19205215.png

I've been playing F2P for two years, and I've never had a problem with my bank space.

To begin, one way to conserve your space is to throw out all of your random event costumes. Frankly, they are useless (especially now since level 3 autoers are wearing Lederhosens now)

I am a free player and I believe that the number of bank slots is fine. You just need to plan accordingly so that later on you don't end up trying to fit ten items into two bank slots.

1. Items that are easily obtained should always be left out (except for money of course).

2. Condense, Condense, Condense. There's no point in keeping any item(s) in low amounts that can easily be turned into XP for its corresponding skill. There's no point in having several different sets of armor. There's no point in having several different types of weapons. Condense limps and red spider eggs into strength pots, etc. Bottom line: If it doesn't or will not be of significant use, take it out.

3. There's always Party Pete's place if you still cannot make room in your F2P bank. At least you can donate items to someone in need (usually).

beatifully said. this is pretty much what every ftper here who has no troubles with bank space has said, and i don't see why it can't work for everyone. i have no problem fitting all my stuff into my bank (i'll post a pic, if you want), and that's melee armor, mage armor, range armor, weapons/runes/arrows/bows, food, strength potions, a few random event items (i throw away the ones i don't like, like the zombie stuff, but i've kept the camo top and the mime boots and mask), and the bits and pieces of whatever skill i'm working on at the moment. right now i'm in the midst of merchanting, so rather than my skill stuff i have some god armors and rune (g), but that's not really relevant.

How about a reason why we should get bank space? Without F2P members would lose out on very crucial recources; yews, coal, and feathers to name a few. We may not pay for the game but we keep the people who do pay happy by providing them with things they need. Without F2P, many members would get upset because lets face it, how many big bad members are gonna start killing chickens for feathers and killing cows for hides. Members need F2P just like Jagex needs members. F2P should get something for being the basis of the game and keeping it running.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Alright, here's my two cents.

I'm f2p, and have been since I started this game as a joke 6 months ago. Bank space would be nice, of course, but I really don't think about it at all, as I only was short in the beginning, when I would stockpile numerous different items for skilling and merchanting. At the moment, I think (Rather tired and would rather not have to log in), I have ~6 to 8 spots left. I would consider myself a fairly average player. I have enough cash in the bank to not really worry about being poor, I have fairly decent skills etc, but what matters to this topic is what items I have, and how that relates to bank space. The attached image is my current bank, and it has been more or less like this ever since I discovered that space is finite.

bank.jpg

As you might be able to tell, I have a lot of superfluous stuff already. Even so, I still have space to spare when wish to skill, mine to sell, merchant, or player kill. I can start to train nearly any skill using what I have already in bank, and have enough space to be flexible. If I want to smith, I have room for ores, bars, and even a piece of armor or too. If I wish to pk, I have room to store strength pots, lobsters, loot, etc. This brings me to what I'm trying to get across:

1) If you can get it easily in the number you want, don't bank it. (Yes yes i have unnecessary stuff, but I have room to spare at the moment)

2) As sticking to 1 thing is often the most efficient use of time, you can rotate what fills your open slots depending on what you are doing. Complete one task (within reason) use up the materials you have, and then do something else.

3) Even if you can't necessarily just get it from the general store or an npc shop, it doesn't necessarily warrant a spot if you will use it very very rarely. (I used to have a mind tiara-takes more than a few seconds to assemble-but as I only practically craft airs, I gave it away)

4) Random event stuff will eat up your space *really* quickly. You must decide whether it is worth it, as the clothing gives no stats and is monetarily worthless.

Other random bank tip: Placeholders are good.

a lot of people also store items like chisels and hammers - stuff they can pick up for 1 gp at a general store. also, a lot of people have unused raw material in their banks, like coal - use it or sell it!

your advice about finishing training one skill before working on the next, however, is the best way by far to keep your bank clean and have spaces open. well said.

I think these kinds of threads are useless...

(Why F2p should not get this, Why f2p should get this.....)

I can tell Jagex to NOT give us anything but they won't listen,

I mean I do NOT want any updates that is why I'm still F2per.

Only updates F2p should get is Updates that has to be done on the whole

game, for example: Graphical updates.

I didn't even want Graphical updates, I hated Rs2 at the beggining of it's

realease, I do not like Runescrafting...I hate when Jagex updates F2p but

I love to see what it is.

If I was "Jagex" i would not give F2p a single update except the updates

that has to be done to the whole game, I wouldn't give F2p any updates

because of this:

F2p player 1: Wants updates but don't want to become member.

F2p player 2 (Me): Do not want any updates, will not get members, is as

happy as you can be with no updates and Loves F2p as it is.

F2p player 1, maybe can't get members for some reason but that's not

Jagex fault.

F2p player 2, does not want any updates since he/she is happy with what

F2p has to offer.

If Jagex didn't update F2p then, F2p player 1 would not be happy but

thats not Jagex problem since he won't get members and F2p player 2

would be very happy. If Jagex does not give us more Bank-space thats

fine for me but maybe not for others but as i said before it's not Jagex

fault they are not happy. They have a solution for unhappy F2pers...

Get members or stay F2per and get used to it or you could also just quit.

Of course it would be awsome with more bank space but that is a

member benefit.

I am F2p, has always been and will always be!

See^...thats the kind of F2per that will never get members,

no matter what updates Jagex make.

If I ever change my mind and want to get members, I will probably not do

it on my main account instead I would create another account but thats

very unlikly to ever happen.

I love F2p and I would probably also love P2p but for now

I prefer to play in F2p and I accept the fact that Jagex will probably never

give us more bank space.

I'm F2P, and I never had problem with bank space. Until a while ago.

rsbankhf5.png

This is my bank. No commentarys about my money or items, please.

Only 4 items are missing from there, due to space. My only quest items are the Weapons Store Key (which I'll keep whenever I want to go there), the Maze key (which I'm saving 'till I get strong enough) and the 2 Dragon Slayer map pieces. I won't drop the random/holiday outfits (maybe for that damn stupid reindeer hat... Why such stupid thing was made? Why?), because for Zamorak's sake, I don't want to wait 'till the stupid frogs appear again, and not become so dependant of Diango to get the outfits again. And I do multiple skills at once sometimes (curreently doing range). Answer? Just 5 more bank spaces are enough for me.

A way to make the greek and the trojans happy? More bankspace... for F2P and P2P. The same amount (or less for F2P). Hell, people complain about every update.

I agree that we shouldn't get ALOT of space, just a few. If people want to toast me (AKA flame me), grab your mith dragons, swear words, caps lock, n00b stickers and !!!'s.

i don't mean to flame, but you have a lot - i repeat, A LOT - of stuff in there that you could throw out. i know you don't want to become dependant on diango for the holiday stuff, but honestly - how hard is it to walk to draynor village when you want to wear that stuff? and how often do you wear it anyways?

additionally, the needle and tinderbox and hammer and harpoon and small net are easy to get again when you need them, and don't really need to be saved. just by getting rid of your holiday items and those things, you could free up 13-15 spaces!

edit: oh, and optionally, you could chuck the ghostspeak amulet since you can get em from the guy from the quest (i forget his name, i think it's father uhrney).

i don't mean to flame, but you have a lot - i repeat, A LOT - of stuff in there that you could throw out. i know you don't want to become dependant on diango for the holiday stuff, but honestly - how hard is it to walk to draynor village when you want to wear that stuff? and how often do you wear it anyways?

additionally, the needle and tinderbox and hammer and harpoon and small net are easy to get again when you need them, and don't really need to be saved. just by getting rid of your holiday items and those things, you could free up 13-15 spaces!

edit: oh, and optionally, you could chuck the ghostspeak amulet since you can get em from the guy from the quest (i forget his name, i think it's father uhrney).

Depends on the location. Maybe I'll throw them out, like you said. I use them when I've got nothing to do, or something. So I'll just throw them away.

The tinderbox I carry it with me most of the time, so there isn't much of a problem with it. The hammer I could, but no. I'll chuck away the fishing stuff, I only use lobster pots now.

The Ghostspeak amulet I keep as an... amulet. It does give few stats, but they are enough.

So I'll have a lot of space, but still, my opinion is that F2Ps should get only a few spaces.

This is a great thread, but hell, you should change the title, the current is too much controversial. Gave me a bad impression when I saw. Could be... "F2Ps needs only a few bankspaces" or whatever.

Is it me, or this also became a thread for looking for junk in the banks? You stole the Wise Old Man's job :P .

look, us F2Ps dont deserve ALOT of bankspace, but what we have right now is pitiful, we need a few more spaces.

Here we go with the "deserve" and "need". You don't need anything. If this were many other games you f2pers would have been booted off many moons ago. Instead of whining make do with your bank and live with the amount of space you have now. I don't think members "deserve" anything either if i come to it, i've changed my stance on this from what i've probably put in previous posts, members pay for the extra servers and space, at the time they don't pay for the updates they will get but for what they have at the time. If they paid for these new updates jagex would probably jack up the price whenever they planned to release something big. Jagex aren't liable to have to update the game when you pay for members so really they don't have to and members have no right to demand updates either.

I've always seen paying for members as a "heres a bit more if you support us and keep us afloat" and this doesn't mean members deserve certain updates, its totally up to jagex whether they want to. Having said this i don't think the selfish f2p population can demand ANYTHING on top of what they have at the moment because as much as they try to find a stupid reason for how they benefit jagex they don't.