Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

First,five USD is not much,but after conversion,it comes to about $10 here.That is a big fraction of my salary(since I pay my parents for my membership,now I get $30 a month instead of $40).

Okay,assuming one does not pk,his bank will be full of:training items,armor,weapons,runes,arrows and money.That could take up 60 slots,which is the limit.So now,if he cooks the raws in the training item slot,what can he do with the cooked?No-one buys in 28's!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait wait wait - you get paid the equivalent of 20 USD a month? and the difference between that 20 and 15 a month bankrupts you?

just so you know, conversion rates are based on buying power. wherever you live, one unit of your currency is apparently worth half as much as one USD, so you're actually paying the same amount, it just seems like more because the number's bigger. it's like saying that i pay 5 dollars and you pay 500 cents - even though the "500" is much bigger, we still pay the same amount.

but i agree about there being a lot of ftp items for only 60 spaces.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

The fact that people are disorganized and can't plan very well, in general. So many people are complaining about bank space, even members sometimes complain about not having enough space. I think f2p doesn't really *need* bank space. We only *want* it. I don't have much problems with my bank space. I usually keep a row free for urgent stuff, such as having to store my rune for a quick run to wildy or something like that. I could use more space, it would be convenient, but I can live without it too. It's just a matter of priorities. Sometime you're out of space, but you have a chisel, a hammer and a tinderbox in your bank. Drop it, and buy one later when you need it again. It's as simple as that.

However, I do think that bank space should be added to f2p and p2p when new items come out. Most of these new items are p2p, so they need more bank space, but sometimes even f2p get new items, and in case of such rare updates, I think some bank space should be added.

So if you want more bank space, clear out the stuff you don't need. You'll see that if you really think about it, you can get a lot of stuff out of your bank. Try it.

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Need a countdown? Don't know where to find one? http://www.pending.me.uk/

Retired TET leader.

i do that sometimes but now i have a big problem...i have 4 wc axes (blk, mith addy and rune) and i can't sell them cuz im muted =/

now tell me how i get more space?

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights

sell to general store or to bob's axes. the price difference isn't that huge between getting 10k total for them on the street and getting 7k total for them... or wait until you get muted.

and no offense to you but the larger percentage of rs players don't have that problem as they are not muted.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Lol im a f2p :P but was once a mem...and ftp dont need more bank space..note it is only a trial version

After playing members I realized that the f2p bank was way too small. Especially with members objects. Didn't you have any members objects?

actually you are right and bring a good point i have actually about 5+ mem items still that i will not drop mostly quest items like the moneky ammy and the lv 167 money tali so even so i still manage enough room...only a pack rat keeps all his junk....hate people who save like 12 bronze arrows and complain they dont have enough room...*solution go out and use them dang arrows really fast...ftp people are so stupid sometimes...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

I think F2p should have less bank space. They have too much already. How about like 15 spaces? For their money and maybe a couple items. Also, it should be made so that their inventory space is only like 20 spaces. This would tremendously help the members, because we can get even more bank space. yay! F2p get way too much time to get the feel of the game. There should be a time limit to how long they can play before their account is deactivated and they have to switch to members. That way, there will be even more members..= more money for jagex = more updates.

Right now, the updates are like 1 week apart. I cant wait that long! Us members have gotta get updates every day. Or at least every 2 days. How will we ever manage to play if we did not have a new colorful kalphite or new spiders? oh my god. f2p ask for way too much and take away stuff that should be for members. Like..updates.

Please note the sarcasm and satire in the previous lines.

:D :D :lol: Just putting my two cents worth :lol: :lol: i know it makes no sense but oh well.

first, do u even know what satire is? cause u seem to not have any idea (FYI it is not a synonym for sarcasm) ill even be so nice as to give u a hint, satire has to do with literary works

second, before u blast f2pers for "getting too much time to get the feel for the game" consider how p2p would fare. theres a reason i dont trash on f2p and that is cause they're good for the economy, they are deflating whereas p2p is inflating

@whoever said their glad im back

:shock:

I think they deserve an area to put their random event clothes, but not nececarily a new row of bank space. As for the argument over why some people dont get members. Alot of the time is that they do not want to get sucked into the bigger expansion of the game or have it become a bigger part of thier lives.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

drunk dude: it doesnt matter what satire is.... i know what it is, for example Johnathan Swift's A Modest Proposal

i know it is the wrong thing to say in my post. but hey come on, it is just a forum for a game that we play for fun. if it really makes u happy, i will edit it to satisfy the literary gods...

ur second point: that is not really my opinion of f2p ,as i am one myself (purely f2p). it is just that i have seen that argument about too much trial time in other places.

so lets cease this animosity and forget about it ok? the whole post was a joke. :D

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I think they deserve an area to put their random event clothes, but not nececarily a new row of bank space. As for the argument over why some people dont get members. Alot of the time is that they do not want to get sucked into the bigger expansion of the game or have it become a bigger part of thier lives.
How much space can random clothes take up? Unless you are keeping every single one of them which most look too ugly to be even worth keeping. If you are having problem with bank space it means you are keeping too much junk, which is IMO any low valued objects you will not be using in your next 2 weeks of gameplay. There's a place to store your random event clothes, it is called costume room.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

well i understand that people are unwilling to drop items as (relatively) rare as some randoms... i mean, someone with a full set of camo obviously won't drop it because it looks cool, and if they get the body they won't want to drop it because they think they will eventually get the whole set! it looks like the main alternative to more bank space is a way to store or retrieve random event items.

i only survive with my bank if i have some nats and my fire staff...then i low alch everything that there is no need and then i have space (for LOW time)

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights

dang, i almost crapped myself seein how much i wuda had to read, thanks for summarizing!

im f2p, and i agree that we dont need more bank space

1)ppl who say they need more bank space are usually stupid noobs who keep like, freakin 1 of every log and ore and holiday item, then start whining that they cant hold their 1 of every single talisman or piece of armor(sry to merchanters, i know sum ppl who merchant bars/ores and only they have an appropriate reason as to why they need more space, even then, i dont hear them complaining)

2)for the idiots who say they f2p need more bank space, and jagex only gives updates to p2p, well go slap urself, imagine a new cell phone with like tetris demo on it, well ya, rs f2p is like an ownage version of the tetris demo, f2p is a trial, and it freakin owns all other stupid demos, even some real games, so shut ur cheap face up and stop complaning about whats given to u for free

3)well actually thats about it, happy ranting every! :thumbsup:

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

i like your first point - the second one's kinda more like a tantrum than an opinion persay ::' i'll add your first one to my main post though.

hey, just saying this but some of us F2pers would love to be p2p, like me, but............ parents.................... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: you get it

i know exactly what you mean - took me months to convince my parents to let me ues their credit card for this.

Off Topic:

Quote:

With the free version, we basically break even, but of course this version is very important to us as it brings in new players and introduces more people to the game.

i think andrew said that on the times 100 richest people =p

On Topic:

You bring up some pretty good points, so I'm gonna support this thread.

Allthough if there wasn't a lot of people in f2p who would go with the "give a penny and they'll ask for a dime" I think they should get more space

Proud Member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

MonsterSig1.jpg

:shock: how about you personally pay $10,000 a month to fund more ftp bank space?

and spatulus, thanks for finding that quote... i was wondering where it came from. and thanks for the support.

I honestly don't know why jagex just dosen't give us limitless bank space -.-

Unlimited bank space will gnaw through JaGEx's server memory like a rat through a piece of cheese. Also, people will go aroung saying, "Pmg! An iron ore! Bank it zOmg!"

tankmz6.jpg

I honestly don't know why jagex just dosen't give us limitless bank space -.-

Unlimited bank space will gnaw through JaGEx's server memory like a rat through a piece of cheese. Also, people will go aroung saying, "Pmg! An iron ore! Bank it zOmg!"

I have to agree with you there. Even if A bank space is empty, it takes up memory. It's because it's a java game (at least that's what I heard).

But i don't understand why people would say that.

[offtopic] Your siganture says "click here to take the gullibility test" But there's no hyper link there :lol: :roll: :-s [/offtopic]