Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

The "They dont pay, they dont get updates" isn't bull, its a fact of life. its the same in real life.

lol, i've actually done the calculations. 3 f2p players pays 30 cents less than 1 member, a month. considering that there is about 3 X as much f2p players than memebers. not much difference I'm afraid.

p.s. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: yes! \' \' \' i got my opinion on the list! ::' O:). *ahem* thanks for the credit.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know why jagex just dosen't give us limitless bank space -.-

that'd be rediculous and unrealistic.... ::'

the only thing ridiculous about that is the amount of computer space taken up. Though there is a limit to the items got. so i suppose that really there's nothing wrong with that idea. Though I have been worng before.

The "They dont pay, they dont get updates" isn't bull, its a fact of life. its the same in real life.

lol, i've actually done the calculations. 3 f2p players pays 30 cents less than 1 member, a month. considering that there is about 3 X as much f2p players than memebers. not much difference I'm afraid.

p.s. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: yes! \' \' \' i got my opinion on the list! ::' O:). *ahem* thanks for the credit.

wait, how did you figure out how much jagex gets from each person looking at the ads?

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Well Im F2P and never had problems with bank space shortage, in fact I have many empty rows in bank.

Id much rather have them add skill capes to F2P then bank space...

If Constanti can get by, why can't other f2pers?

also, don't know what your mining, smithing, fishing, cooking levels are but most ftpers have a lot of those kinds of things to store. however, i'm hearing about increasing amounts of ftpers being able to get by with the space they have now.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Here is a tip. Only focus on 1 or 2 skills at a time and with that, you can save some bank space that would be taken away by materials. Of course, you could also go drop trade :twisted: but you probably shouldn't get illegal :-w :shame: So far, in my F2p life, only once have I ever been in deep crap because of bank space.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

wait, how did you figure out how much jagex gets from each person looking at the ads?

There is a thread in debate club called should f2p get updates? they gave me some starting ideas and i flowed up with a calculation. you can check if you like.

Ok. So. I'm sure this is going to be incredibly controversial (please please please don't flame), but I wanted to compile all the arguments I find about why ftpers shouldn't get more bank space. Note that I will NOT be using the old "they don't pay, they don't get updates" argument. That is bull. Here's what I will be doing: Making a list and commenting on which I like and which I don't like. I want to make this clear: I do believe that ftp should get a little more bank space. But there are lots of people who don't, and this thread is for them.

In the line that I so gallantly bolded, you contradict just about everything you're saying... You say that the argument of "you don't pay, you don't deserve" argument is bull, and yet your entire point revolves around it... Don't understand what I'm saying? Let me break it down for you:

First off, I'd like to point out part of that nice little summary of your post you made. It says:

Just pay 5 bucks, it's not a lot.

Unless you have some meaning behind that statement that completely eludes me, you're stoking the flame of the "you don't pay, you don't deserve" argument, just by pointing out that we should pay this ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åsmall feeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Ok. So. I'm sure this is going to be incredibly controversial (please please please don't flame), but I wanted to compile all the arguments I find about why ftpers shouldn't get more bank space. Note that I will NOT be using the old "they don't pay, they don't get updates" argument. That is bull. Here's what I will be doing: Making a list and commenting on which I like and which I don't like. I want to make this clear: I do believe that ftp should get a little more bank space. But there are lots of people who don't, and this thread is for them.

In the line that I so gallantly bolded, you contradict just about everything you're saying... You say that the argument of "you don't pay, you don't deserve" argument is bull, and yet your entire point revolves around it... Don't understand what I'm saying? Let me break it down for you:

First off, I'd like to point out part of that nice little summary of your post you made. It says:

Just pay 5 bucks, it's not a lot.

Unless you have some meaning behind that statement that completely eludes me, you're stoking the flame of the "you don't pay, you don't deserve" argument, just by pointing out that we should pay this ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åsmall feeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

in game, jagex loses nothing or very little to give bank space. so they're really not similar.

No, It's completely similar. Instead of losing a cheeseburger or fries, Jagex loses money. Runescape runs on Java, as you obviously know, which means that pretty much everything runs on a variable. Even when a bank space is empty, it's still taking up bandwidth as the variable is set to 0, yet the bank space is still there as an active variable.

And who has to pay for that extra bandwidth? Jagex. F2p should worry about paying off the costs of their own servers with the click-ads before they start talking about updates. Take the graphics updates (quests/npcs/areas) and the random other things you guys get from time to time, and live with it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I hate having less bank-space on my free account. I have a memebrs, but I play on my Free account as well. I have spaces used for the full zombie (which is awesome) and the skeleton form the halloween event. I like the 2 of them and have room for all my mage range and melee supplies. It's hard to have room for mining, fishing, wood-cutting, fm, or anything when space is limited. I think they should add a2 rows for shrot and a 5 row max. That would be veyr sufficent for everyone.

And Mortifyer1, I'd like to take a moment to direct you tothis thread here, where you may feel free to express your support for Prankster_King's petition for more bank space. While I appreciate your support of the thread, as well as the details of your particular situation, this is a thread devoted to why ftp shouldn't get bank space and therefore I believe your comments would be more appreciated at the above thread. It's not that I don't want dissenters to post on my thread - that is how discussion thrives!

in game, jagex loses nothing or very little to give bank space. so they're really not similar.

No, It's completely similar. Instead of losing a cheeseburger or fries, Jagex loses money. Runescape runs on Java, as you obviously know, which means that pretty much everything runs on a variable. Even when a bank space is empty, it's still taking up bandwidth as the variable is set to 0, yet the bank space is still there as an active variable.

And who has to pay for that extra bandwidth? Jagex. F2p should worry about paying off the costs of their own servers with the click-ads before they start talking about updates. Take the graphics updates (quests/npcs/areas) and the random other things you guys get from time to time, and live with it.

well yes, but for a company as large as jagex, the small quantity of extra bandwidth it would take to add 10 or 12 more bankspaces for every ftp player can't be much of a dent in their profits.

Oh, and sorry to double post twice in a row, but Prankster_King would it trouble you terribly to tell me where you got the statistic that you quote in your thread?

Now that you know the three types of Runescape citizens and what they have to store, I want you to think about this. 98% of the F2Pers in Runescape are all three at the same time.

And one last thing I want to point out...

Throw in the 19 pieces of Random Event clothing that they may collect over the years. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s 19 spaces in which they canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t store any other items they may need for skilling, pking, or merchanting.

How many of you out there have every single piece of Random Event clothing? I myself have, and I've been playing for nearly three years, seven. Of course, I have converted all my frog tokens into masks rather than prince outfits, so that's two spaces saved right there, but even adding the two extra slots needed for the prince outfit doesn't get me anywhere near using 19 slots for random event stuff. I have seven counting all the members only random events too (i have about 35 strange fruits!), which I assume you don't count in your tally of 19.

Oooh, here comes a flame-fest! I'll bring the popcorn! :D

My God, are you joking me? All random event clothing, a full set of armor and a weapon, at least one of every rune, and some cash take up 35 spaces. That's already half of the bank!

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

well yes, but for a company as large as jagex, the small quantity of extra bandwidth it would take to add 10 or 12 more bankspaces for every ftp player can't be much of a dent in their profits.

To go with my previous comparison (which has been completely ignored), it wouldn't put much of a dent in the profits of McDonalds to sell large fries at the same price as regular fries.

=D> for the sheer audacity to judge yourself able to detirmine what would cause a dent in Jagex's profits without knowing much more than how the cost of membership, the number of members and the number of non-members. Or do you have access to accounting details that remain a secret to the rest of us lowly peons?

Ananke32.png

in a case such as this where nobody has that information, assumptions must be made. i assume, logically i believe, that adding a few bank spaces to ftp will not cause jagex to go bankrupt, or even to make a small dent in their profits. you, in return, have no way of proving that it makes a large dent in their profits. so it's kind of a gridlock unless you choose one set of assumptions to base your arguments off of.

in a case such as this where nobody has that information, assumptions must be made. i assume, logically i believe, that adding a few bank spaces to ftp will not cause jagex to go bankrupt, or even to make a small dent in their profits. you, in return, have no way of proving that it makes a large dent in their profits. so it's kind of a gridlock unless you choose one set of assumptions to base your arguments off of.

ok for some reason that i don't know of it sounds like you are supporting for a few spaces of f2p bank space. :? :? :? :?

Gyroman25.gif

I do believe adding bank space will burden JAGeX's computers/servers, and there are a lot of F2Pers... adding bank space, even a bit, to F2P would be a huge thing for JAGeX to swallow. Same reason why they are reluctant to add more rooms to houses, its too much of a burden. And besides, they get nothing in return for doing it for F2P.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

look. adding more bank space in banks will take up a lot of space/memory in there server/computer and that space that is geting taken up by more bank sapce for F2P'ers will COST them money and thats money that clicking on adds cant pay for. not everyone clicks on adds.. tehres lots of auters, noobs who dont bother.

does jagex get paid by the click? for some reason i always thought they got paid just by having you look at the ads... maybe you guys are right.

Yes I also thought that, for each hour you are logged in they get some pennies. That's to compensate for that heavy players use up more memory.

If they only get money for clicked ads it would be impossible for them to break even with the free version (which it does, because of the ads we fund our own F2P version)

conplaatje3vl9.png

Yes I also thought that, for each hour you are logged in they get some pennies. That's to compensate for that heavy players use up more memory.

If they only get money for clicked ads it would be impossible for them to break even with the free version (which it does, because of the ads we fund our own F2P version)

Ahhh... that's making a lot more sense now. I thought it worked on a click by click basis

Ananke32.png