Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

Made you a new sig! \'

nomoref2pbankspacetl3.jpg

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=652851][img=http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/742/nomoref2pbankspacetl3.jpg][/url]

thanks for the sig, it's great! but like tetsuya said, it's not totally the point of the thread so if anyone else would care to design one, that'd be cool.

ikgoogleik, unlimited bank space would take up so much space on Jagex's servers that it would be incredibly costly for them to maintain it. it's just really not realistic.

charmed_pop, what you said about jagex focusing on giving updates to the high level members rather than ftpers is true, but to be fair, a lot of recent updates have been focused towards high-level members. at least an amount proportionate to the number of high level members, cuz to be honest most members are in the 40-70 range.

Thanks again to everyone who posted!

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made you a new sig! \'

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=652851][img=http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/742/nomoref2pbankspacetl3.jpg][/url]

It looks like you completely misinturpreted the meaning of the thread.

Anyways, autoers don't even really need that much bank space. They just specialize in a couple skills and only need a space for a few items. So, that sig fails already. :lol:

It looks like you completely misunderstood the meaning of that sig.

Free 2 play is overwhelmed with Autoers. Why do you think they complain about them all the time? The sig basically dissed the f2pers because their world is crowded with autoers. I was just joking with that sig. It was not a direct attack against f2p, but like I said, It's focused on that because of the autoer problem with those worlds.

Nobody is focing you to use the sig, and if you don't like it, I don't care to be honest with you. Your critisizim will mean nothing to me. I don't get offended so yell and make fun of me all you want. All I will do is laugh. Cause I don't take it to heart like some people.

Thanks

Alex

banner2mm5cwjg7.gif

Do not use that userbar. Thanks.

oh, no, we didn't mean to criticize it. it looks nice and it's definitely way better than the one i currently have :o it seemed like you were saying something along the lines of "ftp wants more bank space so the autoers will have more space to hold the stuff they auto" but it was our bad for misinterpreting it. i put it in the first post and credited you!

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Well we did have to sign the Legal terms of agreement right? Technically nobodies account is even owned by them, all accounts and their items are respective properties of Jagex. If you agreed with it, live with it, If you don't agree with it, stop playing. Its that simple. I was F2P since October 2005, and I never became a member since its a waste of money in my opinion. I don't complain about taxes do I? I agreed to pay them by staying in this country, and I'd rather leave than complain about something I agreed to. Free players that support more bank space are just going back on their word from the terms of service. Its that simple. :-k

Dude I hate siggies...

Free 2 play is overwhelmed with Autoers. Why do you think they complain about them all the time? The sig basically dissed the f2pers because their world is crowded with autoers. I was just joking with that sig. It was not a direct attack against f2p, but like I said, It's focused on that because of the autoer problem with those worlds.

Members has an autoer problem, too. Ever been to the fishing guild or the mage tower with the magic trees in front?

Tetsuya.png

Unfortunately I don't have the time to read all 15 pages (but did read page 1 and 14/15).

I've only ever been F2P and have had bank space issues. In the end, I have had to be a bit smarted about how I train so that I don't have things sitting around unused. An example is I just burnt 899 willow logs that were there for a while (and it got me 9 levels!). The worst thing is I had to drop my full zombie and will probably have to drop cammo or mime sometime soon.

The Jagex solution to bank space on members is to provide more storage inside POH's for armour/random event clothing/tools/etc. This is all fine and well but doesn't really help F2Pers at all (probably intentionally).

Since the benefits of being a member is way more than just more bank space, I don't see how adding bank space to F2P would actually stop people from becoming members. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay $5 a month just for more space.

My personal opinion is that F2P will get more bank space when/if Jagex redevelop the bank interface. Not a lot more, but a bit. Either that or the ability to store random event clothing with Diango or another NPC.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

alright, i'm level 58 f2per and i am a mix of warrior and mage. I also am a merchant as a miner of coal, and build other skills, such as fishing, and crafting. This takes up much bank space obviously. arour, runes, mining, fishing, and crafting materials. i am frequently finding myself choosing between valuable items, (not holiday, or destroyable useless items), to get rid of, and usually I end up needing what I got rid of in the end. I think it's fair to say members have more items, and deserve more space than f2pers, but I think since this is a going concern in both worlds, we should all be given more space. yes 5 dollars is cheap...for 1 month, but add that over months. for one year, that's 60 bucks out of your pocket. I've had members before, but honestly, I don't think it's so much better than f2p, that I would pay that amount of money just for a game. In the end I don't decide, but i do know I don't feel like spending my money for a game, when I'm content with the free version, but I do think we all should recieve more space, because with all of the new items they create weekly, noone will feel they have room soon enough. Oh and please, I know I'm not the best, but at least, if your going to type, try to make it legible. thanks. - Giros

The only one standing in your way.... is me.

I've only read the first page and the last couple, I just don't have time (or patience!) to read through all 15 pages.

Firstly, a few people are saying how it would be good if Diango could store the random event costumes. Sorry, but I don't see that happening any time soon - members have only recently been given the costume room in the POH, which stores random event costumes. Since Jagex have recently addressed the problem (for p2p at least), I can't see them making a new way to store random event costumes. The random event costume section of the costume room would essentially become obselete, and I'm fairly sure that Jagex don't like to totally revise ideas they have had.

I feel that there are just going to be two kinds of people on this topic. The f2p players that can't afford / aren't allowed a subscription, who will never become members, and the people who just use f2p who can afford a subscription, but are happy with the way things are already.

The players that cannot get a subscription obviously would benefit from an increased bank size. There has been several new items introduced to the f2p world, such as the Security Stronghold boots, pure essence, more random event clothing, and yet there hasn't been a bank space increase for f2p that I can remember. However, this kind of player is unlikely to quit f2p, hence Jagex still receives the pittance from the ads.

The other kind of player may become frustrated with the restricted space, and decide to become a member. I know that if I was given more bank space, I would have possibly taken around 2 months longer to become p2p, as I raised my skills to a certain point, which could have gone higher had I the space to store higher level items.

IMO, it's just a case of what type of player is more common on f2p. The players who cannot afford a subscription may tell their ex-RuneScape friends about more bank space, essentially gaining Jagex a larger player base. However, this will essentially come at the cost of declining new subscriptions.

Heh, I've rambled myself into a kind of stalemate! :)

i was just wondering of all the people who say well they should just pay the 5 dollars it isnt that much... and member here by the way. How many of you do your parents actually pay that 5 bucks for you since i guess 5 dollar isnt alot when your not the one paying for it?

just curious since i doubt most of the kids in this game own a credit/debit card

and just so you know, a lot of people just pay their parents back (every jan 1st i pay my parents $60 for the next year :D)

Lol, you could pay for members with 1 HOUR of work a month. Or you could easily BEG for a day and get enough to cover it. I'd like the idea of busking, its gotten me out of a few financial problems in the past. <3:

http://www.geocities.com/pifflegiffle/busker.jpg Heres a comedy picture of busking for your pleasure.

Anybody who says 5 bucks is not a lot or that you could pay back is completely ignorant and too self-centred. People is not lacking the ability to pay, they are lacking the avenue to pay it. Work, beg parents. Isn't that a bit too much for a game. And doesn't necessarily work, is very poor reasoning in my mind.

Instead of saying "Pay 5 bucks" sounding like an elitist, say "extra bank space is just the additional contents we get for paying for the game".

Members proportionately has less bank space than F2Pers, only difference is that not everyone will have all of them. CW, TB, BA, the Barrows set and all the other things not everyone will own.

As long as nothing is released for F2P, then there should be no bank increase. Just as there is no point to increase members bank space unless there is a new skill. I have lived with F2P for ages, this is the game you get as a F2P.

Any bank increase is nice for any players involved. F2P bank has been functional.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Firstly, a few people are saying how it would be good if Diango could store the random event costumes. Sorry, but I don't see that happening any time soon - members have only recently been given the costume room in the POH, which stores random event costumes. Since Jagex have recently addressed the problem (for p2p at least), I can't see them making a new way to store random event costumes. The random event costume section of the costume room would essentially become obselete, and I'm fairly sure that Jagex don't like to totally revise ideas they have had.

This is a very accurate prediction, I believe. I never actually thought of that 0 sizzlor, I'm gonna add that to the main post, 'kay?

if f2p ever get a good item update then yes they should get more bank space but as of right now they have no need for it

13zwenn.png

Well we did have to sign the Legal terms of agreement right? Technically nobodies account is even owned by them, all accounts and their items are respective properties of Jagex. If you agreed with it, live with it, If you don't agree with it, stop playing. Its that simple. I was F2P since October 2005, and I never became a member since its a waste of money in my opinion. I don't complain about taxes do I? I agreed to pay them by staying in this country, and I'd rather leave than complain about something I agreed to. Free players that support more bank space are just going back on their word from the terms of service. Its that simple. Think

Didn't anyone read my earlier post? When you started p2p, you agreed to this... all of it. Don't go back on your words, assuming you have honor.

Dude I hate siggies...

Made you a new sig! \'

So..you are claiming all F2pers are Autoers? And why would Autoers need

extra bank space when all they do is cutting trees, mine ores, fish etc?.

Anybody who says 5 bucks is not a lot or that you could pay back is completely ignorant and too self-centred. People is not lacking the ability to pay, they are lacking the avenue to pay it. Work, beg parents. Isn't that a bit too much for a game. And doesn't necessarily work, is very poor reasoning in my mind.

Instead of saying "Pay 5 bucks" sounding like an elitist, say "extra bank space is just the additional contents we get for paying for the game".

Members proportionately has less bank space than F2Pers, only difference is that not everyone will have all of them. CW, TB, BA, the Barrows set and all the other things not everyone will own.

As long as nothing is released for F2P, then there should be no bank increase. Just as there is no point to increase members bank space unless there is a new skill. I have lived with F2P for ages, this is the game you get as a F2P.

Any bank increase is nice for any players involved. F2P bank has been functional.

Well said Eddo89, well said. =D>

True, this is the game you get if you choose to stay F2p, get

members if you want members benefits, like extra bank space.

I think that F2P should get a little more bank space. Yes, F2P should pay if they want more bank space, but I think that they (we) should get a little more, say 5-10 more slots. 5-10 more slots would be excellent considering the rares and random event clothing that we have. I don't think it is quite fair that F2P'ers have to throw out some beloved items to keep other needed items. Just 5-10 more slots would make life much easier and let us keep more essentials, and should last us a long time, maybe forever if Jagex doesn't give us a lot more random event stuff.

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

:roll: Well If you want it to be fair than how about for every 4 they get we get 2 rows. It would make some people happy.

Also that sig saying autoers need more bank space...Why would an autoer need more bank space!! :wall: They only wc, fish, or mine. Never anything else. Thats why you have them with only ONE high level <.<

I say F2P could use 3 or 4 more spaces. Those random items get crammed in fast. Also some can't pay for members <.< Took me 7 months before I got the membership -.-

My personal opinion is that F2P will get more bank space when/if Jagex redevelop the bank interface. Not a lot more, but a bit. Either that or the ability to store random event clothing with Diango or another NPC.

Agreed.

I don't wanna see F2Pers get a BIT of member stuff, never!

But the bankspace just isn't reasonable, and will make people get bored of the game, and they obviously won't buy members.

One more row.

No, I really don't play anymore.

About the autoer problem, I just recently became a member (yeah my skilling powers are that awesome), and I have only just begun to notice autoers. In most of the popular woodcutting areas, there are usually more bots then humans. This may be the same in the free world, but I had never noticed it... back on topic, simply completing the bottommost row would be sufficient. When I was F2P my bank had 2 spaces free at all times because I am borderline OCD and actually did become a member largely to get an even border and also to get to use the blast furnace which I have yet to do... My new bank is full by the way, I usually clean it out every couple of days.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

if f2p ever get a good item update then yes they should get more bank space but as of right now they have no need for it

Are you kidding me? The need for more bank space has done nothing but grown. If Jagex were to give us more bank space, it should be now. Not three years from now.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I agree with truffoo

How about a wardrobe (a bank) for clothing items like pants and random event stuff (not armour or anything like that). It might work.

Thus we empy half of our bank.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.