Underage Drinking

deloriagod

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that nobody likes getting/being wasted. I find this strange.

Why throw away money, brain cells and dignity? If you need to do that to enjoy yourself, then it's time to start getting creative.

summerpngwy6.jpg

but, I've just seen enough 39 year old men with beer bellies to steer me away from a life of alchol.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3175488.stm

:D

I am aware that a beer belly is not always related to drinking alchol in general, dosen't it have something to do with Tape worms? but also, sitting on a couch with a whatever beer can in my hand is what I was referring to mostly :P

good read though :]

i dont like to drink, but on occasion it's fun. i think the age should be lowered to 18 becuase 18 is the legal age to buy cigarettes, so why not let someone ruin their life more by drinking? its their choice, not yours.

diabl0_915.png

i dont like to drink, but on occasion it's fun. i think the age should be lowered to 18 becuase 18 is the legal age to buy cigarettes, so why not let someone ruin their life more by drinking? its their choice, not yours.

It turns into someone elses problem when a drunk 18 year old hops in a car.

Smoking cant ruin someone elses life like that.

lope6jw0.jpg

you've made my day :]

Second hand smoke?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Second hand smoke?

"Smoking cant ruin someone elses life like that"

Second hand smoke?

:-s ? Point..?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Second hand smoke?

That makes no sense.

And besides, cigarettes don't ruin lives. They take them.

Second hand smoke?

That makes no sense.

And besides, cigarettes don't ruin lives. They take them.

cigarettes can ruin lives, lung cancer, etc.

and she ment cigarettes dont ruin lives like the way a drunk driver can take somebodys life away in seconds where as cigarettes can take it away in years.

Second hand smoke?

I think he was making the distinction between being drunk, driving and killing someone instantly and the years of exposure it usually takes (I know it can happen at any time, I'm just making an average) to get lung cancer and die from second hand smoke.

Second hand smoke?

I think he was making the distinction between being drunk, driving and killing someone instantly and the years of exposure it usually takes (I know it can happen at any time, I'm just making an average) to get lung cancer and die from second hand smoke.

thank you <3

I'm 13 and I can drink a Corona or a Coors Light without feeling a buzz. As long as you don't drink and drive/do something stupid. And if you are an underage drinker, try and have someone responsible to watch over you.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

I pity people that feel the need to respond to peer pressure submitting themselves into a vulnerable, weak state of mind in order to appear 'cool'. When in reality they end up looking like complete idiots.

um...there's a difference between a self desire and giving into the desire of others my friend.

No there isn't, unless you're telling you drink on your own, like you for example play a video game on your own. Judging from your earlier example you don't drink on your own and in actual fact, yes you are vulnerable to peer pressure :roll:

or not? i drink cause i want to. peer pressure is drinking for the sole reason your friends are pressuring you to or you feel left out. and there are times when my friends drink and i don't drink at all...so you're wrong my friend...just another person who is speaking without experience

also there were times when i had beers in my fridge in my dorm and after a long day i watched TV with 1 beer the whole night.

Well done, you just defined the word denial =D>

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that nobody likes getting/being wasted. I find this strange.

Being wasted is fun, it's the hangover that sucks.

Well, that, and the shame :-)

I watched an interview with a -by now 80 year old- Belgian comedian yesterday and he said something that really struck me. "You haven't really lived if you haven't been very drunk with your best friend or partner just once, rolling over the floor with laughter." The intimacy of the scene he painted really struck me.

Anyway, I'm not much of a fan of alcohol. I really do like the taste of wine and beer, but I'm too much of a control freak to get myself completely wasted. I don't believe in an age limit of 21, personally, because it denies people a gradual and sensible education in alcohol (ab)use. It's like never having a girl/boyfriend or being abstinent until you're 30. You miss out on your sexual education.

Teenagers go crazy sometimes. I think they have to, in order to learn about everything and set their own limits. Adults should trust the judgment of youngsters more, and assist them in making the right choices, not prohibit everything. That's what the teen years are for, to experiment, but still have the guidance of your parents to help you sort things out.

I pity people that feel the need to respond to peer pressure submitting themselves into a vulnerable, weak state of mind in order to appear 'cool'. When in reality they end up looking like complete idiots.

um...there's a difference between a self desire and giving into the desire of others my friend.

No there isn't, unless you're telling you drink on your own, like you for example play a video game on your own. Judging from your earlier example you don't drink on your own and in actual fact, yes you are vulnerable to peer pressure :roll:

or not? i drink cause i want to. peer pressure is drinking for the sole reason your friends are pressuring you to or you feel left out. and there are times when my friends drink and i don't drink at all...so you're wrong my friend...just another person who is speaking without experience

also there were times when i had beers in my fridge in my dorm and after a long day i watched TV with 1 beer the whole night.

Well done, you just defined the word denial =D>

Do you honestly think that after the original ignorance and peer pressure associated with drinking that people will only drink because of peer pressure or in a social situation? Here's a shocker - out of around the last 10 times I've drank alcohol (each of which were 2 beers or less, mind you [haven't been wasted in a while]), around 8 or 9 times would have been by myself. :shock:

But nah, I'm probably just in denial with an underlying supression of alcoholism and low self esteem, right?

My Mum's Stance - No

My Dad's Stance - He's OK if i drink like 1 or 2 bottles no more

Freinds Stance - All ok with it and they do it but only 1-2 bottles

Leonn

autogsigpe6.png

|Myssy <3 | Retired | 19/9/07

"My legs say no, but my body says f... you"
I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

To whom is may concern:

It is apparent to me in the previous 6 pages of this post, that we have very split stance of opinions on this board. Those of you who wish to call people who enjoy drinking for fun "alcoholics" and "sad people" are not creating any basis for a logical argument. This is called an Ad hominem, meaning attacking a person rather than the issue at hand. This is a common fallacy among all arguments and must be put to an end. If you would like to prove a point in your argument, that is why underage drinking is wrong, then please put it in the following format: "I personally don't like drinking. I mean I read from the Mothers Against Drunk Driving website that 'rinking by children under age 15 seems to be related to a range of behavioral problems, not just a predisposition to alcoholism' (Reference)." This makes you seem more respectable and have a more mature attitude towards things. Just a friendly little reminder on how to post.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it