Public Nudity

I'm all for female streakers 18-30 however past that things begin to sag, and you see a mass of skin just mawing past you .. and you're like get out of my face..

Aside from being quite sexist (the sentance implies you'd have a problem if it was a man), it's quite... pervy. You're saying you don't mind it because you find it attractive, yet anything pass that is a turn-off, and I think this needs a bit more maturity than it just being about people getting turned on by a young female (etc.).

My personal view (although I confess I've not really worried about it in my life all too much) is that the question is self-fulfilling:

nudity in places such as a nudist camp or beach

Well, most places such as this are private anyway. I personally know of no public nude beach/camp, although I'm sure they exist somewhere. Therefore, I see this as a private place, and of course it's one's right to do whatever they want (within reason) in private.

As for public places such as sports events? No. For the simple reason that some people find it offensive, for whatever reason, and that that event may be being broadcasted live. In fact, I recall an event during the Korean World Cup Qualifier (I think) with England and a streaker ran onto the pitch. The BBC being the stupid planks they are decided to show the streaker being carried off the pitch at 19:00 (before the watershed), and it received loads of complaints. That to me is evidence enough of public support against public nudity. I personally don't have all that much of a problem. Not because I enjoy it, but because I see it as something that everyone has, so how are they different?

Just a thought though. Here we are, with some people saying very strongly against public nudity, yet we seem to have no problem seeing a naked poverty-stricken African boy in the news. In fact, it's actually against the law to show a young child in poverty in this country, and obviously illegal to see them naked in any form. A more relevant question to me is 'Why is it seen as unacceptable to see people naked in our own society, but it is acceptable for journalists to film poor naked people overseas?'

But in direct answer to the original question, I think you'd have to change a lot of people's perceptions in order to allow public nudity, and I think that would be impossible considering groups such as the Muslim community believe that the body is a gift from Allah and you shouldn't show it to other people. Unless you change a lot of people's attitudes, I don't think the idea of a right to be naked in public is a very practicle idea.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for female streakers 18-30 however past that things begin to sag, and you see a mass of skin just mawing past you .. and you're like get out of my face..

Aside from being quite sexist (the sentance implies you'd have a problem if it was a man), it's quite... pervy. You're saying you don't mind it because you find it attractive, yet anything pass that is a turn-off, and I think this needs a bit more maturity than it just being about people getting turned on by a young female (etc.).

It's not that I would have a problem if it was a MAN I would just prefer it to be an attractive woman. Well its not really perverting if they decide to take their clothes off and run on the football pitch to be viewed by 60k people in the stadium and millions on the TV.

As I said earlier, I should of made it clear that I meant the people who streak at venues because they seek attention. My opinion on nudists who do it as a living is neutral everyone to their own.

Just a thought though. Here we are, with some people saying very strongly against public nudity, yet we seem to have no problem seeing a naked poverty-stricken African boy in the news. In fact, it's actually against the law to show a young child in poverty in this country, and obviously illegal to see them naked in any form. A more relevant question to me is 'Why is it seen as unacceptable to see people naked in our own society, but it is acceptable for journalists to film poor naked people overseas?'

I think its because the poor people over there cannot afford clothes.. and usually you don't see the children on the news fully naked they have something covering up their privates..

Usually journalists film them naked to show their poverty and to provoke sympathy for the poor people.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Well StrOwez, that sounds fair. I disagree on one thing though. There are plenty of people in the UK you can't afford clothes, yet the law forbades journalists to film them. However, when it's in a different coutry away from our own, it's seen as acceptable. I just find this attitude wrong... we're all humans quintessentially at the end of the day.

Well StrOwez, that sounds fair. I disagree on one thing though. There are plenty of people in the UK you can't afford clothes, yet the law forbades journalists to film them. However, when it's in a different coutry away from our own, it's seen as acceptable. I just find this attitude wrong... we're all humans quintessentially at the end of the day.

Is it against the law in Africa? That might be the reason.

jjroxlu7.jpg

If you actually think that a guy in a room full of naked girls isn't think about something sexual, well... then you probably don't know what it's like being a guy.

Insane is basically right, they might not be "gawking" at each other, but they are probably thinking about it none the less.

Ever tried being in a room full of both males and females where everyone's naked?

It's perfectly possible for it to be an experiences without any kind of sexuality in it, nor objectification.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

When I was, oh, about 8 I was in the public pool changing room after a swim lesson and poked my head into the showers area. There was some old guy showering there, and I caught a brief glimpse of his manhood (it was big, that's all I remember); I pulled my head back away fast, and continued on my business. I forgot about the entire incident by a few days later; I never felt sickened, if anything, I was afraid he'd be mad at me. I wouldn't have chosen to look if I'd known, but it didn't bother me very much. I also glimpsed another guy of my age (when about the same age) changing in the same pool; he tried to hide behind a trash can when he saw me, and I remember at that young age wondering why. I have never seen a naked female in real life, of any age; but if I did, I admit I might have, depending on the age, at least a brief sexual thought. Everyone does. However, I definitely wouldn't act on it, nor would I think of her in a purely sexual manner or as a sex object. If she was old, fat, or ugly, I would probably look briefly and then look away, but would not be overly disgusted.

Also, some sexual thoughts when viewing a pretty girl are natural, and not evil. But you should not only think sexually, nor should you be obsessed with that; girls are not sex objects and there's more to them than their boobs. I'm sure the girls on this forum would agree to that much.

Basically all I'm saying is, I'm neither majorly turned on nor majorly turned off; neither greatly excited nor disgusted by nudity of either gender or either age. I would probably never streak, and I would visit a nudist camp or nude beach when I got older, if not for all the gawkers, but I don't think I'd want to go live in one.

I'd never be an exhibitionist either. I don't want to get attacked by the police or have idiotic viewers making derisive comments about the size of my wang.

P.S: A quick google search for pages about this, I found a page that expresses my view very well. I can't link to it, as it contains naked pictures (though it is not a pron site) but will PM the site name to anyone interested. It has some interesting moral and philosophical insights.

sig2.jpg

When I was, oh, about 8 I was in the public pool changing room after a swim lesson and poked my head into the showers area. There was some old guy showering there, and I caught a brief glimpse of his manhood (it was big, that's all I remember); I pulled my head back away fast, and continued on my business. I forgot about the entire incident by a few days later; I never felt sickened, if anything, I was afraid he'd be mad at me. I wouldn't have chosen to look if I'd known, but it didn't bother me very much. I also glimpsed another guy of my age (when about the same age) changing in the same pool; he tried to hide behind a trash can when he saw me, and I remember at that young age wondering why. I have never seen a naked female in real life, of any age; but if I did, I admit I might have, depending on the age, at least a brief sexual thought. Everyone does. However, I definitely wouldn't act on it, nor would I think of her in a purely sexual manner or as a sex object. If she was old, fat, or ugly, I would probably look briefly and then look away, but would not be overly disgusted.

Also, some sexual thoughts when viewing a pretty girl are natural, and not evil. But you should not only think sexually, nor should you be obsessed with that; girls are not sex objects and there's more to them than their [bleep]. I'm sure the girls on this forum would agree to that much.

Basically all I'm saying is, I'm neither majorly turned on nor majorly turned off; neither greatly excited nor disgusted by nudity of either gender or either age. I would probably never streak, and I would visit a nudist camp or nude beach when I got older, if not for all the gawkers, but I don't think I'd want to go live in one.

I'd never be an exhibitionist either. I don't want to get attacked by the police or have idiotic viewers making derisive comments about the size of my wang.

P.S: A quick google search for pages about this, I found a page that expresses my view very well. I can't link to it, as it contains naked pictures (though it is not a pron site) but will PM the site name to anyone interested. It has some interesting moral and philosophical insights.

The only thing I got out of that was that you have a good mindset, and you've never seen a naked girl.

Poor thing.

The only thing I got out of that was that you have a good mindset, and you've never seen a naked girl.

Poor thing.

In flesh and blood. I'm assuming the internet doesn't count.

(No, i am not a pron-addicted pervert.)

I guess I could start reducing my posts to one-liners, if that'd make me more understandable to the average Tip.It user.

sig2.jpg

Is it against the law in Africa? That might be the reason.

Laws are made by humans. The humans in certain African states have no laws on restricting public nudity because it's common and happens every day there, people don't mind.

The humans in western countries see it as a shameful, embarrassing thing and could make you even go to jail for it.

Who is right?

i am right and know what my opinion is?

being naked is fun but not everyone wants like to see your junk flyin every which way so no one is right in saying either public nudity is bad or alright just be considerate about how the people around you will think about it.

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

no one is right in saying either public nudity is bad or alright just be considerate about how the people around you will think about it.

So why is it O.K. in poorer countries, but in "enlightened", "modern" and "western" societies it's considered a crime?

no one is right in saying either public nudity is bad or alright just be considerate about how the people around you will think about it.

So why is it O.K. in poorer countries, but in "enlightened", "modern" and "western" societies it's considered a crime?

In my opinion its because not everyone is in a fortunate enough financial position to be clothed in some of those countries, while there's a lot more worse things going on in those countries such as poverty and crime for the authorities to be caring about if someone is clothed or not. In contrast to this, the Western world has the "luxury" to enforce this. :wink:

I say if you have it, flaunt it

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

In my opinion its because not everyone is in a fortunate enough financial position to be clothed in some of those countries, while there's a lot more worse things going on in those countries such as poverty and crime for the authorities to be caring about if someone is clothed or not. In contrast to this, the Western world has the "luxury" to enforce this. :wink:

They make their own clothes, but they choose not to hide certain parts of their body. This is common in many cultures in asia and also africa and southern america.

It's not a financial issue

Why in some of those poor African countries is it the norm for their Tyrant of a dictator to chop off peoples hands and murder people for thier land, and it is such an outrage to us? Who is wrong?

And about those naked parties, I highly doubt any of the guys that go are going for pure enjoyment. It would be for a good time and a perv. Ask anyguy that isn't trying to score points for being 'sensative'.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

and thinking about it actually means you like it.

How the hell does that even make sense?

I don't care about nudity or whatever, I just am not a nudist myself, to each their own I guess.

that makes sense because you are intrested about it. That is why you are:

a) looking at it.

B) thinking about it.

If you didn't like it, surely you would prefer not to think of these things? Or is it just me?

Personally I think that in normal to cold weather everyone should be made to wear long concealing trenchcoats. And helmets. Preferably Mandalorian helmets. In warmer weather you could switch out for long pants and a short/long sleave shirt, as long as it doesn't have any revealing parts or is to tight, and you could switch the helmet out for a pair of sunglasses and a cap, but only in much warmer weather. If you can survive in a trenchcoat at current temperatures, you are wearing one. This way we would slowly be able to get rid of the perversity that is coming at younger ages. My point is, we need to have stricter clothing rules, rather than getting rid of them all.

Somehow, I doubt this will ever happen though :(

Crocodile hunter-Rest in Peace

"Theres NOT a country in the world that Bush would not get BOOO'd at ....even if Bush went to Antarctica the penguins would demonstrate."-Darknovae, NS Forum

I fail to see what is wrong with being in one's natural state.

Sincerely, for those who are against seeing wrinkled skin or rolls of fat, don't look then. Personally, I think if everyone went nude, after the initial shock everyone would just slowly push it to the background.

Like how when a cricket chirps, or the incessant rain that you eventually become desensitised to.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Why in some of those poor African countries is it the norm for their Tyrant of a dictator to chop off peoples hands and murder people for thier land, and it is such an outrage to us? Who is wrong?

And about those naked parties, I highly doubt any of the guys that go are going for pure enjoyment. It would be for a good time and a perv. Ask anyguy that isn't trying to score points for being 'sensative'.

I couldn't agree more. A college male isn't going to go to those parties without wanting to go there for a perv, especially considering most of them would be full of alcohol as well. I believe Mad is just saying that for her own self, so she can justify her actions in her mind. Not that I'm condoning her actions for going to those parties or anything like that in this post, I'm just stating when Mad was previously posting she wrote how it was one of the most non-sexual/lustful orientated parties around (or along those lines) - I find that extremely naive on her behalf.

Just shows how much more different males are too females, especially in the way they think and what they think about. :wink:

I'm all for female streakers 18-30 however past that things begin to sag, and you see a mass of skin just mawing past you .. and you're like :uhh: get out of my face..

Streakers (as stated before) 18-30 are ok, older... :ohnoes:

hey! my gf is 35 and she has gorgeous body, and she loves to get naked!!

I'm all for female streakers 18-30 however past that things begin to sag, and you see a mass of skin just mawing past you .. and you're like :uhh: get out of my face..

No Pic no Proof! :P

No Pic no Proof! :P

yea im sure the mods would love that! :lol:

I couldn't agree more. A college male isn't going to go to those parties without wanting to go there for a perv, especially considering most of them would be full of alcohol as well. I believe Mad is just saying that for her own self, so she can justify her actions in her mind. Not that I'm condoning her actions for going to those parties or anything like that in this post, I'm just stating when Mad was previously posting she wrote how it was one of the most non-sexual/lustful orientated parties around (or along those lines) - I find that extremely naive on her behalf.

Just shows how much more different males are too females, especially in the way they think and what they think about. :wink:

See, I really just don't think that's true. I'm pretty honest and open with my male friends, and they had the same impressions of the naked party that I did.

Guys can be pervy and girls can be pervy, but neither is completely incapable of separating themselves from sexual obsession. Men and women alike are able to have a good time and not think about sex constantly. I think we need to deconstruct these stereotypes of men who care exclusively about bangin'; clearly they are untrue.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg