Would you migrate to Jagex's new game?

Utopianflame

Thats right Jagex is developing a new (significant) game!

And it's due this year, lets hope they have got better at time management since construction :lol:

First a little story, on the official forums (rants) last week was a thread grumbling about the lack updates in that week and asking what did they pay their member ship money for (cue the obvious reply, to play the game).

Now on that thread someone posted a specuulative analysis of their profits that they had found on a games review site, no concrete numbers but the general idea was that they are very profitable.

So I thought I would check and see what the numbers actually were.

Jagex being a limited company registered in the UK has to file accounts each year to companies house, these records are (after a while) released to the public.

Having downloaded them (you have to pay) I saw that the analysis was right, they are very profitable, but near the start of the document something else caught my eye.

[hide=Wide image]screenieky4.png[/hide]

And the file in full, uploaded to rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/33936222/Jagex1.pdf.html

(apr 2005 - mar 2006, this years are not available yet)

Source - http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/ - Jagex Limited #03982706

I think it's fair to guess that it would be another java based game, and their coporate sites mission statement would suggest that it would be a "persistant character" game, but beyond that, what do you think it will be?

And would you migrate to Jagex's new game(depending on what you think it might be.)?

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Yeah, I have been speculating about that since before a lot of others. I was bored so naturally I went to the jagex corperate website jobs listing to see what they make, and it said "We are looking to hire content esigners for our new, undisclosed game.", and tis proves it. I like how they have thier address in there too. Pay them a visit, hehe.

Yeah, I have been speculating about that since before a lot of others. I was bored so naturally I went to the jagex corperate website jobs listing to see what they make, and it said "We are looking to hire content esigners for our new, undisclosed game.", and tis proves it. I like how they have thier address in there too. Pay them a visit, hehe.

That address is on runescape.com as well, in the knowledge base.

I figured they would be on a new game quite a long time ago, businesses need growth, and sooner or later runescape will stop providing that. So they need something else ready to take it's place.

After all, while andrew and paul have done VERY well for themselves already, there is no reason to let their company stagnate.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Right guys, before this gets out of control. No need to focus Jagex's address. If someone needs to find their address they can get it for themselves.

Just keep on topic as to speculation of a new game.

Also moved this to the video game board for the time being.

sig2ho7.jpg

Probably not. Depends if my friends played it. I don't play Runescape anymore and most of the people who do play it these days are annoying children. If it was a more mature community based then I might be tempted

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Probably not. Depends if my friends played it. I don't play Runescape anymore and most of the people who do play it these days are annoying children. If it was a more mature community based then I might be tempted

Same feeling here.

I think they should make a game more adult oriented. That way they will have a game for the kiddies and one for the big kiddies. also gives them a way to still money after people quit runescape, cause they might want to go to a more mature game.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Same feeling here.

I think they should make a game more adult oriented. That way they will have a game for the kiddies and one for the big kiddies. also gives them a way to still money after people quit runescape, cause they might want to go to a more mature game.

I agree.

To help enforce that i think they should ban anyone who speaks in slang or 1337-speak :P

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

If everyone else does, then hell no.

My main worry is that Jagex would advertise it on runescape.com, which no doubt they would do, to get more people interested.

sig2ho7.jpg

i think we should give it a try. its going to be java based considering jagex stands for java gaming experts. and i know jagex arent idiots so they'll do something extremely different than runescape in some way

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

personally, instead of runescapes 3d graphics i would like to see it as a very lage world , but to decrease lag have it 2d isometric.i would like to see more games with breath of fire 3 psp graphics

Lets hope they can support 2 games eh?

I'm pretty sure either the new game or Runescape is going to crash and burn.. I have to say their customer service is terrible while running just Runescape.

I won't play it if it's java based. The Runescape graphics are terrible and I can't stand the control. I imagine they'll probably have ~the same thing for the new game so I'll stay away.

Who says it's going to be an MMO? None of their other games are. I know it's the most likely choice but is their any evidence they're working on another MMO?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. I know there has been rumors for years. Heh, right after RS2 released there were rumors of them working on RS3 :lol: And I'm pretty sure the game won't go over as well if they don't make and MMO. Unless of course they plan on making a decent game (ie: not java) with a better plot than "max out your all of skills, do all the quests, and make lots of money".